Cozy Loungewear // Fluffy Sweater + Petite Joggers

white rustic farmhouse kitchen exposed wood shelves

BP fluffy sweater xxs(super soft), Gibson jogger pants xxsp

Merry Christmas Eve, friends! I hope you guys have the most wonderful holiday surrounded by loved ones. With family visiting this time of year, I’ve booked a few larger airbnbs lately and have gotten lots of requests for the listings! We lucked out with both rentals – one in Hudson, NY and one in the Boston area (I’ll share this listing after we check out) – as they’ve been clean, comfortable spaces with well-stocked kitchens that are great to cook in.

Below are a few more photos of the Hudson home we rented. This was a nicely restored house in a rustic style with modern touches, and had plenty of bedrooms to accommodate our group. It was about a 10 minute walk to the central Warren Street – we would’ve liked to be a little closer, but we walked there each day with the stroller and it wasn’t bad!

mom and me baby outfits where to stay in hudson ny
The BP sweater I’m wearing here has been a favorite to lounge in lately and would also make a super cozy gift. True to its name, the material is very soft and fluffy, and the petite-friendly length is on the shorter side. The overall silhouette has a slouchy chic cut to it with slight dolman style sleeves. I wanted petite jogger pants and these Gibson ones fit well (I would actually go a size up for a looser fit, in hindsight) but note these are lightweight and did pill on me after a few wears. They are lounge at-home instead of wearing outdoors pants, so my search continues for thicker petite-friendly jogger pants that can be worn out in athleisure outfits – suggestions are welcome!

For my fellow last-minute shoppers, I’m partnering with Nordstrom to share about their buy online, pick up in store service which I rely on for same-day gifts! Just browse their website and filter for stock at your closest store. Our local store also has curbside pickup service, so I text once we’re in the parking lot and they bring the order right out to your car (this is glorious when a sleeping baby in the backseat is involved!). Some of my tried and true gifts from Nordstrom under $100 include:

nordstrom bp fuzzy soft cream sweater
petite jogger pants cozy loungewear

hudson ny airbnb home rental

Thank you to Nordstrom for partnering on this post.

23 thoughts on “Cozy Loungewear // Fluffy Sweater + Petite Joggers

• Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog December 24, 2018 at 1:53 am

I loveee your sweater, Jean! It’s so fluffy and cosy-looking. Perfect this Christmas! 🙂 ❤️

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

• Janine December 24, 2018 at 4:28 am

That fluffy sweater is super cute! And I love the style of the Airbnb you rented, what a great idea btw to rent out an Airbnb for the whole family, I think that sounds super fun and way more cozy than staying in a hotel!
    xx Janine

• Roses for Fridays | by mia December 24, 2018 at 8:50 am

Love ♥️these beautiful comfy chic lounge wear! Joyeux Noel Beautiful!

❄️🎅🏻🎄ROSES FOR FRIDAYS ❄️🎅🏻🎄 | by mia | A Creative Lifestyle Blog

• Young December 24, 2018 at 7:28 pm

I’m on the search for joggers that can be worn out too! I hope you find some and can share soon. If I come across any, I’ll share as well. 💖

The Style Intermission

• JJ December 24, 2018 at 9:26 pm

Hi Jean,

I love the sweater you wearing. It looks great. I want to get the same one. I am 5ft 6in 95lbs. Do you think I should get the XS or the XXS? Because from your photo, the sweater looks big. Thanks! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

• Jean | Extra Petite December 29, 2018 at 12:02 am

Hi JJ! If you’re 5ft 6 my only worry is the XXS might be a little short on you in the torso. The XS may better in length but could be more oversized than you’d like. Sorry I’m not much help here!

• HW December 24, 2018 at 9:41 pm

Long time reader but first time commenter!
    I just bought these joggers and they may fit the bill for what you’re looking for. I’m 5’3” and the regular length is just right on me (almost slightly short), and they offer a petite version. Super comfy yet looks nice enough to wear around town. And on sale now!

• pheebee December 28, 2018 at 12:06 pm

I was going to suggest Athleta as well! Great minds…

• Jean | Extra Petite December 29, 2018 at 12:03 am

Thanks so much for the tip! Lots of suggestions for Athleta!

• Seema December 24, 2018 at 9:57 pm

I live in the trekkie petite joggers from Athleta. It looks like they are currently sold out but they are pretty popular so I imagine they’ll be back. Athleta has some other great options for petites but definitely require a try-on as the fit isn’t consistent. Happy Holidays!

• Jean | Extra Petite December 30, 2018 at 2:52 pm

Thank you for the tip! Seems like Athleta is quite the favorite here!

• Elizabeth T. December 24, 2018 at 10:00 pm

In love with this super cozy look, especially that fluffy jumper! Super adorable and perfect for winter days at home! <3 🙂

XO, Elizabeth T.

• Amy December 24, 2018 at 11:09 pm

Long time reader, first time commenter. For petite friendly, outdoor appropriate joggers/sweatpants, try the Uniqlo pile lined sweatpants. They are incredibly warm and super comfy and have held up really well. I’m a little larger than you are and wear the XS, but I have found that the Asian Uniqlo stores have smaller sizes so perhaps that’s an option .

• Jean | Extra Petite December 30, 2018 at 2:53 pm

Hi Amy, thank you for the suggestion! I love Uniqlo but haven’t tried that item yet so will have to keep an eye out for it!

• Annie December 25, 2018 at 3:12 am

Merry Christmas! Love your shoes, hahaha!
    Annie

• Meech December 25, 2018 at 11:51 pm

I have had luck with Old Navy petite joggers, but I’m an XS not an XXS (110 lbs, 4’10”). Old Navy doesn’t carry xxs petite unfortunately.

• Jean | Extra Petite December 30, 2018 at 2:53 pm

Thanks! I browse their petite options online every once in a while and had not seen joggers before!

• Denise K December 26, 2018 at 5:00 am

Love your outfit and the house is charming! I agree about Athleta joggers, lots of petite options. Very happy holidays to you and yours.

• Jean | Extra Petite December 30, 2018 at 2:54 pm

Happy Holidays to your family as well, Denise! I’ll definitely have to check out Athleta now!

• Bry Jaimea December 26, 2018 at 4:22 pm

That jumper looks so incredibly cozy! Love it!

• Emily December 27, 2018 at 9:02 am

I’m about your size and just got these joggers at Paridaez on Charles St in Beacon Hill: https://paridaez.com/products/mocking-j-jogger-coming-soon-price-tbd They’re fabulous— they can be casual or dressy or worn for a workout.

• Jean | Extra Petite December 30, 2018 at 2:54 pm

Thanks, Emily! Love love Beacon hill, maybe this will be a nice excuse to stroll on over one of these days.

• Larissa February 15, 2019 at 8:34 am

I love that you match the kitchen 😀 looking very cosy

Larissa