I don’t wear red very often, but the holidays are always a good reason to spice things up and put on this glamorous, elegant color! If you’re looking for a special occasion dress, Saks is kicking off the holiday season with their designer sale. There’s a ton of gorgeous dresses included in this event at a great price, and accessories as well for holiday gifting. I’ve combed through the sale and wanted to share a few pieces I tried on that are still available in small sizing!
– Sale designer shoes. First things first, though – don’t miss my favorite sale category to browse! Filter by your shoe size (starting in sz 4) and budget at the top. These Schutz heels are similar to the ones I’m wearing, and on sale for over half off.
– BCBG Max Azria red lace dress ($79, originally $278) – The lace is nice quality, the torso has boning for structure, and the dress is fully lined. Sizing is true to size – the dress fit pretty narrow but the lace stretches for a fitted look. The sleeves are a tad loose on my arms, but the extra room allows for a bigger range of arm movement, which is sometimes a concern with off shoulder pieces! Measurements: 20″ across the shoulders, 15″ across the bust, 12.25″ across the waist, 16″ across the hips, 32″ total length.
– Cinq a Sept bow shoulder dress (navy and red are $267, originally $445) – This brand makes beautiful quality dresses, albeit pricey when not on sale! This gently flaring dress is made of a sturdy, heavier material (fully lined) and the fit is true to size. Here’s a green Cinq a Sept dress on super sale left in 00, and this black tie waist dress has a 0 left.
– Alexis fit and flare dress ($237, originally $475)- Alexis makes some of the prettiest flirty dresses! The red is a head-turner and the white would be perfect for bridal activities! This is made in a thick, nice quality cotton material (fully lined) that holds the fit and flare structure well. A size 0 was good on me at the waist and length, but had a little extra room at the bust. Size 0 measures 15.25″ across the bust, 12.5″ across the waist, 32″ total length.
– Aiden Mattox knit dress ($65, originally $245) – This dress is made of a stretchy, thinner (but fully lined) material in a soft champagne color. It has built in padding in the bust cups so you don’t need to worry about a bra! Size 0 fit me at the top and lengthwise, but the hips were slightly roomy on me – would look best on someone a little curvier! Sz 0 measures: 15.5″ across the bust, 13″ across the waist, and 17.5″ across the hips.
– BCBG Max Azria tulle & lace gown ( $340, originally $568) – A romantic and feminine option for a black tie or formal event! This is an intricate mix of lace, tulle, and a finely dotted tulle. Size 0 fits me well in the torso but is long on me, as expected for regular sizing. Petite ladies can actually get the bottom most tier hemmed off. I’m 5′ tall and the second to last tier ends below my ankles.
– Theory crepe trench ($357, originally $595) – A classic, lighter weight long crepe trench in a more casual draped fit (I had the sleeves shortened). The length on me hits below the knees.
Thank you to Saks and Shopstyle for partnering on this post.