Sharing Big News About a Little Embryo

infertility ivf stimulation injections extra petite blog
Prepping for nightly injections

Even before Nick and I started trying to have kids, I would sometimes imagine the insanely happy moment of seeing two lines appear on a stick, then conjuring up a clever way to surprise him with the news. But after years of trying, infertility and then IVF have transformed getting pregnant from something I once viewed as encapsulated in a single moment into a process defined by so many points along a journey, each point with its own different odds of either heartbreak or advancing to the next step. And at each point, the only thing you can really do is hope.

After we completed egg retrieval last year, one of the next crucial points was the embryo transfer, followed by an anxiety-ridden wait to find out if it implanted successfully. Although I kept telling myself to keep my hopefulness in check based on probabilities, the truth was I felt like I had poured everything I had, both emotionally and physically, into that single embryo.

boston blogger ivf embryo implantation day
Embryo implantation day

While in a cab earlier this month, we finally got that phone call from the IVF nurse with my blood test results, and she uttered news we’d been hoping to hear for so long:

“You’re pregnant!”

I remember barely breathing, as Nick and I just sat there blankly. It was like we were both brimming with joy, yet neither of us wanted to let it out in case it might not be real or it might not last. But when I looked over and saw a tear well up in his eye, it really started to hit me. And with each day and each doctor’s appointment, it’s becoming much more real.

I’m now about 9 weeks along, which I know is a little early to share by traditional standards. I’m feeling especially anxious, since infertility has made it hard for me to trust my own body to do the things it’s supposed to do. However, this journey has taught me to find strength in knowing you’re not alone and knowing others have experienced and felt the things you have and more — especially when the outcome is not certain. It’s also shown me that things don’t always happen how you expect them to, and there are many different paths to get where you’re trying to go.

Even though this road didn’t unfold how we’d imagined, we couldn’t be more grateful and so very happy to have made it to this point. Thank you to each one of you who shared hope, positivity, and encouragement thus far, and we’re so excited to continue sharing this next chapter with you!

extra petite pregnancy announcement ivf journey1

366 Comments

1. Natalie wrote:

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your husband. Your style has truly inspired me!

Posted 5.12.18 Reply
  2. B wrote:

So happy for you, Jean.

You have helped so many people over the years and made us happy and you truly deserve to have your happiness too.

One thing is for sure – that you will look stylish and elegant no matter how your body changes. Your latest outfits are amazing!

All the best with your pregnancy – we are all here for you, wishing you the best of luck, with all our fingers crossed for you. You will be great!

Posted 4.10.18 Reply
  3. ping wrote:

Congratulations!!! Looking forward to meet your little one!

Posted 3.23.18 Reply
  4. clare kalimuthu wrote:

Hi there! Did you feel comfortable telling people before the 12 weeks? I am only 5 weeks but already telling people! Thanks

Posted 3.12.18 Reply
  5. Lily wrote:

Hi Jean,
    Congrats! I am so glad for you and Nick!
    I am in China and also want to do IVF in the states. Can you tell me which hospital you do that and the cost? Or Which hospitals are good at IVF in the USA?

Thanks

Wish best

Lily

Posted 2.28.18 Reply
  6. Chon El wrote:

Congrats! I followed you because i like your fashion style. I’m a pettite 4’9″ Filipina gal myself. We did ivf 9 yrs ago and have a baby girl. Goodluck on your journey.

Posted 2.23.18 Reply
  7. Kate wrote:

I’ve followed your blog sporadically, but I’m so happy for you! Congratulations!!
    May your pregnancy be a joy, your baby be the healthiest little squiggler, and your cravings always be in reach (mine was cold water, easy as anything)

May I recommend four books which I found indispensable?
    For now:
    Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn: lots of information about what’s going on, presented in a factual manner
    The Birth Partner: if you want to learn SO MUCH about late stage pregnancy and childbirth. Seriously helpful for me and for my husband.
    For later:
    The Happiest Baby on the Block: learn those 5 S’s. Have your husband learn those 5 S’s so he can look like an expert baby whisperer. We even brought a portable white noise machine in the hospital to make the transition home a little easier.
    The Wonder Weeks: gives some time periods you can expect baby to be super fussy/clingy/angry. Incredibly helpful to be a little prepared once you get the hang of it. It’s not always teething! Sometimes the world is just SO INTENSE for a baby’s changing brain.

Congratulations!

Posted 2.19.18 Reply
  8. Kristen wrote:

Hi Jean,
    I’m so incredibly happy for you and Nick. I can’t imagine the heartache you’ve been through, but I do understand the happiness that is to come! Being a mommy is the best, and you’re going to be so amazing!

Posted 2.16.18 Reply
  9. Lily wrote:

So happy for you guys! I’ve been reading your blog for over 2 years now and I feel like I know you through your posts. This post is like hearing good things from friends!

Posted 2.15.18 Reply
  10. Janet wrote:

Thank you for sharing your experience and the amazing news. Congratulations to you and Nick!!!

Posted 2.15.18 Reply
  11. G S wrote:

Congratulations. So happy for you both. Have a safe and healthy pregnancy.

Posted 2.14.18 Reply
  12. Angie wrote:

Congratulations to you both! God is good!!! Enjoy every moment of pregnancy 🤰🏻. I’m sure you will have amazing pregnancy style. Little tip, AG maternity jeans are so comfy & cute.

Posted 2.11.18 Reply
  13. Anyi Labrada wrote:

Congratulations, so happy for you guy’s.!

My husband and I have been trying for long now, but I have not lost hope.

Posted 2.8.18 Reply
  14. Mary wrote:

congratulations! really happy for you. thanks for your style inspiration and best wishes!

Posted 2.8.18 Reply
  15. Linda wrote:

Congratulations!! You’ll be such a great mama I’m sure–and Nick will be an awesome dad.

Posted 2.7.18 Reply
  16. Jennifer wrote:

I came to your blog just now and I had a feeling that you were pregnant and I saw this post! Congrats.

Posted 2.7.18 Reply
  17. e.k. wrote:

Congrats to you and Nick! May God give you enough peace to trust Hum with each passing day and may He give you greater strength to trust Him too.

Posted 2.7.18 Reply
  18. maryland teacher wrote:

So very happy for you… motherhood is a joy that you will carry through your whole life. My boys are 26 and 27 years old, and I still am as thrilled as I was when I first learned I was pregnant. Thank you for sharing your journey and your excitement.

Posted 2.7.18 Reply
  19. maryland teacher wrote:

Posted 2.7.18 Reply
  20. Carol wrote:

Congrats!! All the best to your pregnancy!

Posted 2.6.18 Reply
  21. Anonymous wrote:

So happy for you both!!!

Posted 2.6.18 Reply
  22. Vea wrote:

Oh what a great news Jean!!! I just stopped by to visit your blog today just to see how things are with my favorite fashion blogger… the last post I’ve read was about a rough time you’re going through, but look at you now!!! So blessed!!! I’m so happy and excited for you and your family! I’ll pray for your healthy and safe pregnancy. Enjoy the moment, and take care of yourself! Can’t wait to see your bundle of joy!!! Hugs!!!

Posted 2.5.18 Reply
  23. Emily wrote:

Congratulations! I am so happy for you both. I remember being so impacted by your earlier post about trying to become pregnant, thank you for having the courage to share that, especially with how difficult that must have been. I prayed for this outcome, and I am praying for you to have a safe pregnancy, and you will be fantastic parents!

Posted 2.5.18 Reply
  24. na ncy c wrote:

Congratulations!!

Posted 2.5.18 Reply
  25. Grace wrote:

Congratulations to you and Nick, Jean! I’m beyond thrilled for the two of you. Wishing you a safe and uneventful pregnancy. Thank you once again for sharing such personal news about your trying journey. You are an inspiration.

Posted 2.5.18 Reply
  26. Kris wrote:

I’m so happy for the two of you. I stumbled on your blog last year and have been checking in periodically for the fashion and the updates. Congratulations! Stay strong and be encouraged.

Posted 2.5.18 Reply
  27. Sharon wrote:

Congratulations to you Jen. I shared the same journey as you 10 years ago and could fully understand what you went through. But all are good now and wish you and Nick all the best.

Posted 2.5.18 Reply
  28. H S wrote:

All the very best to both you and yor husband!! Very happy to see this news!!

Posted 2.4.18 Reply
  29. Fernanda wrote:

So happy for you and Nick, Jean!!!!! xoxo

Posted 2.4.18 Reply
  30. Joy wrote:

Congratulations! Enjoy every little moment!

Posted 2.4.18 Reply
  31. Rosemarie wrote:

Congratulations Jean! I am so happy for you guys. Thank you for sharing this journey with us, it is inspiring! Thank you!

Posted 2.3.18 Reply
  32. carrie wrote:

congradulations!

Posted 2.3.18 Reply
  33. Michelle wrote:

I am so happy for you. Congratulations. Xoxo

Posted 2.3.18 Reply
  34. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!

Posted 2.2.18 Reply
  35. Nancy wrote:

Congrats! I applaud your courage to share such a personal story. All the best!

Posted 2.2.18 Reply
  36. Christine wrote:

Congratulations on the little one. I hope each day is better than the last.

Posted 2.2.18 Reply
  37. Jenny wrote:

Dear Jean,
    Your story is so inspiring and despite all the hardships you have faced, I’m so proud and happy for you and Nick. I have been a longtime reader and I admire your elegant style and taste. You have been so courageous to share your story and I am in awe of your strength and persistence. You already are an amazing mother. Congratulations to the both of you, and may you continue to be blessed.

38. Michele wrote:

Congratulations! I can’t imagine how incredibly difficult the journey has been, thank you for sharing your story and giving hope to all the other strong women going through similar situations. 2018 is your year ❤️ 🍼

39. S wrote:

Congratulations!!!! SO happy for you <3

40. Lindsey wrote:

Oh my goodness, what wonderful news !! I am truly so happy for you and Nick and wish you a healthy pregnancy ahead!

41. Agi wrote:

I am so happy for you and wish you the best!

42. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulation! Finally!

43. su wrote:

Very very Happy to know.
    congratulations!!! lots of love, prayers n blessings .

44. Nicole wrote:

I so very rarely comment, but always look forward to your posts – especially this one! Congratulations, and hoping for a joyful year to follow.

45. Gwen wrote:

So thrilled for you! Reading about the tears welling up in your eyes brought tears to mine. Thank you for your bravery in sharing such a deeply personal part of your life. Congratulations!!

46. Shubana wrote:

Congratulations on this new and exciting journey!

Sugar Coated Things x Beauty Blog

47. Janelle wrote:

Congratulations!!! As a fellow petite lady, I have been reading your blog for tips for years now, but have never commented before. I am just thrilled for you and your husband! I wish your new baby good health and joy.

48. J wrote:

Congrats! You’ll be an amazing mom, so happy for you!

49. Emily wrote:

Congrats Jean – so happy for you!!! Can’t wait to see how you will rock maternity fashion!

50. J wrote:

Congrats! You’ll be an amazing mom, so happy for you.

51. Chloe wrote:

Dear Jean

Congratulations. Very happy for you. I still can remember the time I found out I was pregnant, the joy was unspeakable!!!

I really enjoy your blog and it has been helping me to stay positive for so many years.

I will keep praying for you and wish you have a smooth pregnancy journey.

You and Nick will be welcoming this little miracle.

2018 is a great year.

All the best!

52. A wrote:

thanks for being brave enough to share. We’re a young couple too and went through ivf after struggling with infertility. I’m in my second trimester and as grateful as I am for this miracle, I still get sad thinking that our journey to this point was so difficult and unnatural. It helps to know I’m not alone. God bless your little bumble—best wishes for a happy, healthy pregnancy.

53. Michelle Dann wrote:

Jean, I am so happy for you and Nick! How amazing and wonderful this new is.

Congratulations to both of you🙏🏼👏🏼👶🏻

54. HanD wrote:

Congrats to both of you! All the hardship and pain you have endured to get to this point will seem small once you hold this precious baby in your arms. I still remember the several rounds of IVF and surrogacy we had to go through, but every time I look at my daughter, I always know it was worth everything. Wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy!

55. Carol wrote:

Congrats! So happy for you!

56. Kay wrote:

Can you talk more about the process and why you chose that fertility method? We’re planning on starting that process of fertility treatments and I want to know what others went through regarding the options and their thought process. Thanks.

57. Bonah wrote:

Congratulations! !!! Great news

58. Nancy wrote:

As of right now I am in my 1.5 weeks of 5 day transfer and the wait is hard and the past few days I end up with a lot of cramps and today saw light pink discharge. I’m just 2 days from the blood test day and I’m getting cramps, pink discharge and even major lower back pains. I can’t help but think something may have happened to the embryo and I don’t even know if it’s growing since I can’t see nor feel it. Im just afraid and don’t know how to prepare for when the results comes out when I go in for a blood test. This is absolutely very hard and first time going through IVF.

Reading your post made me feel a bit better and made me smile the fact you got through it all and you’re pregnant! Congratulations Jean!

59. Jessica wrote:

Congratulations Jean! Wishing you and Nick the best.

60. MT wrote:

Congratulations Jean & Nick. So happy for you two! Praying for a safe delivery and healthy adorable baby!

61. April wrote:

I don’t know you personally, but I’m extremely happy for you! I have experienced secondary infertility for 6 years and while our stories are different, I relate to the feelings you shared on here. One thing I learned is that people don’t usually mean to say thoughtless remarks about “baby making”. But it hurts nonetheless. Thanks for being brave and sharing something so personal. I’m sure you have encouraged other women with your story.

62. Charlene wrote:

I am sure it is great news however i am afraid you will just turn into another mommy blogger who starts to talk about pregnancy clothing, baby bottles and all kids-related products. Which, i don’t blame you, it is what a mother does. However from a long-term follower, i am sad i that i will be losing another great website.

Posted 1.31.18 Reply
  63. Congratulations! This is so exciting. I wish you all the luck in the world!!
    X
    Samantha

64. Sophia wrote:

I must say that this is the first time I want to leave a message here, because I am the same person you are looking forward to being a mom. Although I’ve been paying close attention to you for more than a year, even my English is not good. But to see you have a successful pregnancy, I was surprised and happy. To be sure, in the coming months, you will still be a confident mother and a hardworking attitude, as you did wait for a long time … I am also a petite girl, but In life, but not enough confidence, when I see you and wendy that kind of confidence and honesty brought about by my heart is touched. I want to learn from you myself. For their own good, beautiful, to life and to change. I was married when I was 23 years old,eat a lot of Chinese medicine To get pregnant , But we always want a second child, a blink of an eye my son has 10 years old, in order to pregnancy again, also made a lot of efforts, or infertility, this year we finally Decided to do artificial conception, and find a suitable hospital, this next half year will be inspected. So I wish you all the best! I am going with you( I am a Chinese girl from New York ).Hope the google translator can really let you understand what I want to say 🤠

65. Samantha wrote:

Congratulations Jean and Nick!!! Sharing in your joy with you and praying for a smooth pregnancy. Enjoy the journey!! 🙂

66. chyrisse wrote:

yaassss!! congrats!! so happy for the both of you!

67. Mimi wrote:

The biggest congratulations to you both! I’ve never commented before, but I just had to this time! So happy for you both. Wish you a healthy, happy pregnancy!

68. Annie wrote:

Congratulations Jean! Been following your blog for a few years now and have never commented but I literally couldn’t contain my excitement when I saw your post. I’m so happy for you and Nick! Your strength, determination and relentless positivity is an inspiration!

69. Rose wrote:

Congratulations! Sending you love & positivity 💗

70. EmNYC wrote:

oh, I might have suggested Bar Method before i knew you were preggers but my experience was it didn’t help me. The issue with pregnancy is that your stomach is trying to expand and BM is trying to tighten your tummy. I felt a weird snap and stopped, then has trouble getting a refund for a pack of classes there. I think for me during pregnancy (only once), I would let me tummy expand and not try to counter than. I’m also petite so you need as much room in there as possible because our torsos are shorter and most newborns still come out 6-8 lb regardless of mom’s size. Mine was 6#14 and I’m a size 0/00/25. So rest up, eat well, take your vitamins, and take a nap when you need to. Line up those maternity sponsors!

71. Elaine wrote:

YAY Congratulations!!! So very excited for you and thank you for opening up and sharing your personal journey. I know how emotional and difficult it is as we also struggled in getting pregnant. We seeked help and now have healthy twin boys! I wish you all the best!!
    Ps. I loved seraphine maternity clothes

72. Denise irione wrote:

I REALLY APRECIATE YOU DECIDED TOBSHARE YOUR STORY. I WISH YOU ENDLESS HAPYNESS. YOU HAVE PROVED TO BE SO STRONG AND INSPIREING-

73. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations Jean! I have been praying for you since you wrote about IVF, and I am looking forward to seeing you style maternity outfits! I have followed your blog for over a year, reading old posts and using your advice to update my work wardrobe (recently entered the workforce out of college). I am happy to say that I am now known as being very well put together! I am not married yet, but I do want to be a mother too, and I didn’t like many of the maternity outfits I saw growing up, so I was really hoping you would enter motherhood and “show the way” style-wise, since you have helped me learn how to put together outfits for work, casual, vacation, workout, wedding, etc. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and cannot wait to see you embark on the next chapter of your life in style!

~An IT Auditor

74. Sarah wrote:

Congratulations! I have been following your posts for a few years and this is my 1st time writing to you.
    Also went through IVF to get pregnant and my I’m also into my 9 wks!
    Looking forward to see more post on maternity & baby stuff !

75. Fides wrote:

Congratulations!!! Very happy for you guys. I feel like I know you and traveled this journey with you. Thanks for sharing this part of your life with us. 🙂

76. Kristen Shaw wrote:

I’m so so happy for you!! Congrats!!

77. Claudia wrote:

I’ve been waiting for this good news as someone who is starting the process of IVF now (in boston also!). May I ask how many IVF cycles it took for it to work?

78. Elenor E wrote:

Congratulations!! May God continue to bless you and your family!

79. Caro wrote:

CONGRATS! As someone who can relate to the frustrations of wanting a child so badly and not knowing why it isn’t happening, I am so happy to see the positive outcome of your story. Thanks for sharing and reminding me of the inspiration!

80. ANONYMOUS wrote:

Sooooo happy for you Jean & Nick. May God bless you with the most beautiful & healthy pregnancy and baby.

81. ANONYMOUS wrote:

Soooooo happy for you Jean and Nick! May you have the most beautiful pregnancy and baby. Prayers and wishes.

82. Beth wrote:

I have been following your blog for the last 6 or 7 years and have never posted anything. This post brought me to tears. I am so happy for the both of you! I can’t wait to see what cute maternity clothes you find or how you will refashion existing flowy garments to suit a growing tummy.

83. stilneugirig wrote:

Ahh jean and Nick, god bless you bith. I am so incredibily happy to hear this in fact pray everytime i visit the blog to see this news. God bless you bith and litteke one about to come.😊

84. Maria Lee wrote:

I am legit so freaking happy to hear this. I have been checking each week to hear this. I am sending you a heartfelt congratulations to you both. I wish you a healthy and happy pregnancy!

85. SS wrote:

OMG!!! Congratulations!!! * hug hug hug hug hug *
    I’m so happy for you! Welcome to this sometimes-really-slow-but-sometimes-too-fast journey of raising a kid!

86. Susan Yang wrote:

Dear Jean,

Congratulations! As a reader for the past 2 years, I am so happy you have found every success in life. You truly look the happiest, most radiant, and satisfied I have ever seen you in photos.

87. Ale wrote:

Congratulations Jean! So happy for you! Enjoy every moment of your pregnancy.

88. Bethany wrote:

That’s so wonderful!! Thank you so much for sharing your journey. I wish more people would.

89. Carrie K. wrote:

I have been a lurking reader for a couple of years now, and enjoy seeing your classic style, trips to my favorite city (Paris), and more. I am so thrilled for you guys, and pray that all goes smoothly from here on out. Congratulations and blessings!

90. Onna wrote:

Yes!!!! Congratulations <3

91. JenC wrote:

Congratulations!

92. Carolina Wong wrote:

Congratulations! So happy for you and your husband!

93. Shikha wrote:

Congratulations!!!!!! I am sooo happy for you!

94. Maryann wrote:

I am so happy for both of you! I found your blog by accident and have been reading on and off for a year now. I can’t help but smile when I read this. I am much older than you (40s!) and the big sister in me just can’t help but rally for both of you and your little bean! So excited to read more about your journey.

95. Isabella wrote:

I would like to congratulate you and your husband. I had IVF procedure around the same time you did last year.My rock was my husband through this process. Reading your story gave me encouragement and also reminded me, we are not alone in this journey. Now that is over and we are blessed with miracles,I realize how much stronger this experience have made us. You were in my prayers and also every other couple that is going through this difficult journey. Reading more successful endings reminds me that God is good and is watching over us. Best wishes for feeling well and getting a lot of rest. The best is yet to come.

96. Jane wrote:

I am usually a lurker, but I just have to say my congratulations to you, Jean and Nick! You both seem like really good people and I’m sure you’ll be wonderful parents! The world needs more of you. 🙂 Have a healthy and happy pregnancy!

97. Kitty C wrote:

Amazing news! Best wishes – and Gap Maternity was a fav of mine for stylish maternity wear!

98. Ursula Simmons wrote:

99. Beth wrote:

This is such fantastic news Jean, congratulations to you both!! I have been checking in waiting to see if you would announce happy news soon and today I can’t tell you the smile this post put on my face! I have been following you for years and have always admired both your style and your openness and for you to share such a personal and tough journey is just awe-inspiring. Wishing you the very best for your pregnancy – and of course I can’t wait to see some amazing outfits in the coming months!!

100. Tiffany Wong wrote:

Congratulations! Looking forward to posts about maternity outfits

101. Charlie wrote:

Congrats to and your little family! You deserve every moment of this happiness and joy!!
    XOXO
    Charlie
    Livinglifepetite.com

102. Lizzy wrote:

So Happy for you! Congratulations!

103. Katherine wrote:

Yay congratulations! Can’t wait to see some pregnancy outfits 🙂

104. Diana wrote:

I felt my eyes well up when I saw your announcement on Instagram. I’m SO happy for you two! Thank you for sharing your story and journey with us. Sending you a big hug and lots of love from San Francisco. xoxo

105. sm wrote:

Congratulations Jean and Nick!!! Your post brought tears of joy to my eyes. Sending lots of love, prayers, strength and good wishes your way for the 3 of you!

106. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations with tears in my eyes, knots in my heart and throat (If that’s even an expression)!! You are in thoughts and prayers! Thank you for sharing.

Posted 1.30.18 Reply
  107. I’m so so happy for you! Been with you through the ups and downs of this journey and it’s finally done. You guys did it! <3 Congrats again a million times over!

XOXO //
    SINCERELY OPHELIA | NYC Petite Fashion Blogger

108. Rebeca wrote:

Congratulations Jean! Really happy for you and wish you all the good luck!

109. Candice wrote:

Congrats! So happy for you and your hubby!

110. arlo wrote:

SO happy for you both and for being open about your experience. Would love to see a post in the coming months about how to camouflage a bump before you want to tell work or others. Best wishes for a happy, healthy pregnancy!

111. Danielle wrote:

All the congratulations in the world to you and your husband! My heart is so happy for you guys. Thank you for sharing your very touching story.

112. Rosie wrote:

Jean and Nick, I have been following your blog for a few years now. This is the best news- I am very excited for both of you! I wish you all the best in health and happiness.

113. Selena wrote:

Congratulations Jean! Take care of yourself. Your patience and positive energy into the universe paid off.

114. Bela Anzu wrote:

Congrats Jean & Nick! I’m so happy for you! Isn’t it amazing when you see your baby’s heart beating on the ultrasound for the first time and realize this little life is growing inside you? Thank you for sharing such wonderful news.

115. Lisa Marie wrote:

Such a beautiful story. Brought tears to my eyes. Also – not sure if you noticed. but I know the pregnancy is truly a blessing. Look at what is on the tv screen in the picture. I look at that as a sign that everything is perfect as it should be. Amazing ❤️ Congrats!!! – From Santa Monica

116. Yna wrote:

Congratulations Jean! I’m so happy for you and Nick and wish you both the best as you grow your family 😀

117. Joanne wrote:

Jean and Nick, I’m so incredibly happy for you both. I read your article titled “Trying is trying” and I was praying for you both to be blessed with good news soon. I am a mother and having children is one of the greatest blessings in my life. One piece of unsolicited advice, make time to rest, take naps, and read a book it really helped me to relax and enjoy my pregnancies.

118. Cindy Rodriguez wrote:

Jean! I am so excited for you and Nick ! I feel hopeful and I am going through the second thing and waiting for my next appointment for my pregnancy test. I started to share my IVF stories and feel relief as people seem very excited to learn that I am trying. I used to think that going through IVF made me feel like a failure at doing what woman should be able to do, but infertility is more common than we think. But wanting to become a parent shouldn’t stop us.

Best wishes to you and your growing family! Looking forward to your maternity style posts!

119. Stephanie wrote:

Congratulations!!

120. Barbara M. wrote:

I’m so happy for you both!

121. Stephanie wrote:

Ahhhhh congrats!!! <3 <3

122. Congratulations!!!

123. Sarah wrote:

Hurrah!!!!!! Yay!!!!

124. Stephanie L. Cahill wrote:

How exciting! You both deserve all the happiness in the world and you both will make wonderful parents. This baby will be blessed to have you both as parents! Truly happy for you and wishing you the very best!

125. Linda wrote:

Awww I’m so happy for you and Nick! Congratulations! Wishing the rest of your journey to be a healthy and happy one.

126. Michelle wrote:

Jean, I’m so happy for you two! Wishing you and your little one all the health and happiness in the world

Congratulations!

127. Lavalove wrote:

Congrats Jean And Nick. Sending lots of love from the Philippines

128. Dory wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so excited for you. I am 2 weeks ahead of you at 11 weeks. I had a hemorrhage at 5 weeks that was terrifying. I was on bedrest, then pelvic rest, and was very stressed out. I ended up telling people like my neighbors much earlier than I would’ve- and Im so glad I did. In return I got so much support and didn’t feel so alone. I hope that’s the same experience you’re getting after sharing your news a little “early.” I can’t wait to get outfit ideas from you!!

129. April wrote:

Congratulations! I’m so happy for you and am excited to see your journey to mom!

130. Jenn wrote:

I am so happy for you three! I can’t imagine how stressful the past few years have been but I’m sending you all the good juju from San Diego and wish you the best in your pregnancy. Your body knows how to do this even if it didn’t start out in the most traditional way. Women are amazing. xoxo.

131. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!!!! I literally threw my hands up and yelled “YES!!” when I saw this post. I am so happy for both of you. Take good care of yourself and be gentle with yourself. You’re going to be such wonderful parents. Much love.

132. Kat wrote:

Happy happy day! Congratulations to you both!

133. Susan wrote:

Congratulations Jean and Nick!! It wasn’t easy getting there, but the best things in life are worth fighting for. Can’t wait for you to share updates throughout your pregnancy journey, and see how you style those maternity outfits! Take care and don’t overwork yourself!

134. Renee Eckert wrote:

I’ve thought of you often since the November 5th post. So much love to your little family. 💕

On an entirely selfish note, I’m so glad you’ve stayed with us despite challenging times. I truly enjoy this blog, and it inspires me on the regular. I’ll continue be here, with love, for every post along the way!

135. Steph wrote:

I’m now in week 18 following successful IVF. 🙂 I know exactly what you mean by “not trusting your body” after the infertility journey. It is a scary thing, but all I think about is how much I surprised myself with having the strength to get through this process. CONGRATULATIONS to you, strong mama! Enjoy this time!

136. Olivia wrote:

Congrats! I am so happy for you!

137. May wrote:

Congrats Jean and Nick! Thank you for sharing your an amazing story. You two are an inspiration to many.

138. Karen wrote:

Congratulations!! I’ve been eagerly waiting for this post! I can not wait for the baby-related posts! S/He is going to be beautiful!

139. Claudia Cárdenas wrote:

I’m crying happy tears for you!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!🎊 🍾

140. Sdninou wrote:

I’m soon happy ,, I feel like I’m going to cry !!!
    Congratulations darling ,, I wish you the safest and healthiest pregnancy,,
    Thank you for sharing so much of you life with us ,,

141. Col wrote:

Hooray! Congratulations on your tiny bean! Now grow, baby, grow!

142. Prashansa wrote:

Aww Congratulations Jean and Nick! ❤️️
    Wishing you and your baby safe and happy journey here on.

143. Di wrote:

Eeeek! Congrats! I’m so happy for the two of you!

144. Salina wrote:

I am utterly overjoyed for you & Nick! Thank you for being brave in your vulnerability to share with us your story. I am also happy we all can show our appreciation through our love and support for you and your growing family.

145. Jennifer wrote:

I’ve got goosebumps from head to toe!!! What wonderful news! God bless you all!!! 🙂

146. Tiffany Xu wrote:

Congratulation! After your previous post, we were all waiting for an update with good new. You would be a wonderful mother. Look forward to baby posts.

147. Michelle wrote:

I hardly make any comments on blog, but this I have to, CONGRATS! Although I don’t know you, but I feel very happy for you.

148. Gail Foster wrote:

Wonderful news! Congratulations!

149. Irena V wrote:

Hello,

I usually just watch your blog and don’t comment…but for this big news I will do exception! I’m so happy for this update and I’m very happy for both of you! Congrats!!

150. Carol Pardee wrote:

So happy for you both! Congratulations!

151. SC wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope your little bean makes it! Our TTC journey has taken a few years too, though we got lucky with getting pregnant each time we were considering moving on to IUI or IVF. Lost our #1 at 10 weeks due to a missed miscarriage but I’m now 20 weeks pregnant with #2 and so far so good. It’s been a little bit of a struggle finding good petite maternity clothes – I look forward to seeing future posts on this!

Anyway, the anxiety is hard to let go when you’ve had such a difficult time, but no matter which detours have happened or might happen, I hope your path will lead to a rainbow baby. Our due date is the exact anniversary of the day we found out about the loss of #1, so everything has a way of working out. 🙂

152. Jen wrote:

Congratulations!! So happy for you both. I can relate to so much of what you said in your post. After 3.5 years of trying, we found out 2 days after Christmas that I’m finally pregnant with my second. I must say, you look a heck of a lot better than I do right now. You’re glowing while I’m a constant shade of green. I hope you feel as good as you look and that you’re able to enjoy all the wonderful milestones ahead. I wish you all the best and look forward to seeing all your new style choices. 🙂 xoxo

153. Mom2Smithboys wrote:

The time was right…and so it happened! Wishing you both and your families all the best in this wonderful adventure.

154. shirley wrote:

WOW…Congratulations!!!

155. Eleanor wrote:

Congrats!! I’m sitting here holding my own IVF baby on my chest, I’m so happy you get to share in this amazing journey. Thanks also for sharing your story, it helps others so much (from someone who only turned to IVF after wonderful friends shared their similar journeys with me).

156. Sara wrote:

Congrats! I was hoping that was the case. I am 22 weeks pregnant with my second IVF miracle. It was worth every single needle. I swear. Hope you’re feeling well.

157. Linna wrote:

Congratulations to you both!!!! Enjoy the journey and sending you best wishes for smooth sailing and a happy, healthy pregnancy. What fantastic news !!!! 🙂

158. Juah wrote:

These photos make me teary, we also went on the IVF journey and it brings up a lot of those emotions. If we knew every cycle would produce the little angel baby we received, we would do IVF over and over! It is so worth the process and you learn to appreciate and smile through the “bad” moments that mom’s usually complain about. Congratulations!!

159. Jocelyn wrote:

Congratulations! This is the best news ever and completely made my day to see this! Every baby deserves to be celebrated so ignore the “traditional” timelines and go ahead and celebrate this beautiful little baby.

160. Patricia wrote:

Congratulations to you both on your little miracle!

161. Erin wrote:

As the proud of mama of twins who were carried by a dear friend after three years of infertility treatments and failed IVF cycles (she’s truly an angel for doing what she did for us), I had to comment to say that your honest and open conversations about this process are so refreshing. I know as we went through our almost decade long struggle, it felt so isolating and there were rarely opportunities to hear others express the same feelings and emotions. You are giving a voice to many who may not have others to turn to. Our little miracles just turned one on Saturday (they share their birthday with their miracle mama who carried them!) and though that road was long, bumpy and often complicated beyond measure; seeing them happy, healthy and loved truly has healed those wounds. Congratulations!!! So very, very happy for you!!

162. April wrote:

Congratulations! I know just how long you have waited for this, and you just be over the moon ecstatic to be parents. I will say that motherhood will change your life in so many ways for the better!

163. G Pierre wrote:

Congrats – best wishes to you!!

164. Ann wrote:

I knew this day would come for you and Nick! I am very happy for you both

165. dsanborn_308@yahoo.com wrote:

I am so very happy for you! I also suffered from unexplained infertility and went thru IVF to conceive my three beautiful children! Congratulations!!!

166. Sonia wrote:

Congratulations Jean and Nick! So happy for you both! Take care x

Posted 1.29.18 Reply
  167. So happy for your family. Such a blessing!

xo.SN | http://www.sahonynatasha.com

168. Tarah wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy for you two! I will keep you & this little peanut in my thoughts that the rest of your pregnancy is smooth sailing and complication free!

169. Scone wrote:

I have been checking back to for your good news. Finally go it today. So happy for you. Relax and enjoy every bit of it.

170. Jennifer wrote:

Aw! Congratulations to the both of you. Wishing you two the best journey into parenthood. 🙂

171. Vi wrote:

Congrats!!! So Happy for both of you.

172. C wrote:

Congratulations!!! Sending warmth and good wishes your way

173. Suhasini wrote:

Dear Jean,

You are beautiful inside out and your journey to this stage has been heart warming. In my culture, such joy is kept, traditionally, under wraps for as long is possible due to superstition so nothing untoward happens or avoid any possible negative vibes . But the spirited soul you are ( bless you) sharing and giving so freely I know you will be the best parent one can be. Until the day you two have the blessing cuddled up in your arms I will keep you in my prayers and may the lord keep you in his thoughts.

I can’t believe this.. I used to be a cynic when it came to virtual world but I am just as happy on reading your news as I was when my sister announced the impending arrival of both my nephews.

Lots of love 🙂

174. Molly wrote:

Congratulations! I am so thrilled for you and your family.

175. Jennifer Pursch wrote:

This made my tear up! I am so happy for you and your husband! I completely understand the mix of emotions you are feeling… Those won’t leave even after that babe is born (in fact, they multiply). Take it one day at a timed lean on each other. This is such incredible news!

176. grace wrote:

Congratulations Nick and Jean! Thank you for sharing this beautiful story with us and we wish you a safe, healthy pregnancy!

177. Kim wrote:

Congratulations! So happy for you. As the one who have been through it all, I think I know how you feel. Take good care of yourself. Hope the morning sickness is not going to be too bad.

178. Lauren wrote:

Hi Jean. Congratulations! My husband and i enjoyed meeting you and Nick at that open house in the South End a few months ago. Our son is also an IVF baby. We were praying for you guys! Enjoy!!

179. Marni wrote:

Your journey is very inspirational.
    We wish you a safe, healthy & wonderful pregnancy!
    Regards, Baby Brands Gift Club 🙂

180. Wendy wrote:

Congratulations! Here’s to a healthy pregnancy!

181. Denise wrote:

What a journey! Congratulations to you and Nick! 💜💜💜

182. Chelsea wrote:

Hi Jean, I’ve followed your blog for a number of years and have had my fingers crossed that your IVF worked out. I am so so happy for you and Nick! I have an 18 month old and am currently 5 weeks pregnant with baby # 2. I am really looking forward to your upcoming pregnancy posts as we embark on this journey together! Good luck and my very best wishes to you both!

183. Jessica wrote:

I could not be more happy!! Tears filled my eyes reading this. Congratulations you two!!

184. katrina wrote:

Congratulations to you both, Jean & Nick! Thank you for sharing your inspiring story along the way too.

Posted 1.29.18 Reply
  185. Congratulations, Jean! I remember reading your struggles with IVF and just hoping we would one day read a post just like this. I’m so happy for you and Nick!

186. Laurie wrote:

Congratulations Jean & Nick, I have kept you in prayer since you first shared your journey with us. It is a privilege to walk this journey with you and will be keeping you in prayer daily. I’m sure sharing your journey will help many women who are walking this same road and will walk it after you. Amazing baby pictures! God is good!

187. Jasmine wrote:

Congratulations Jean and Nick! So happy for you both 🙂

188. Leah wrote:

I admire you for sharing the news when it felt right for you! CONGRATULATIONS!! I hope you are feeling ok. Best wishes for as smooth as possible a path over the next 9 months!

189. Tricia wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I’ve been following you for a while now and love your blog. I saw your exciting/wonderful news on Instagram and couldn’t wait to go to your blog to read your story. Wishing you a wonderful pregnancy.

190. Valeri Pighini wrote:

Soooooo happy. Sending you hugs and love

191. Heather wrote:

Congratulations! I’ve had so many friends do IVF. It’s crazy how common it is now! I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

192. Jasmin wrote:

Oh my goodness, congratulations Jean (& hubby)! So so happy for you guys!!! Reading your post made me tear up on the commuter rail. Welcome to motherhood! Keeping your little one and your family in my prayers. Thank you for sharing your story! <3

193. Margarita Mercado wrote:

Congratulations to you both and wishing you the best!

194. Z. Tong wrote:

Congratulations! I’m so happy for you. I’ve been following your blog for years. I’m looking forward to seeing your comments about baby clothing in the future.

195. Christine wrote:

Congratulations to you and Nick!

Posted 1.29.18 Reply
  196. Congratulations, Jean & Nick!! My heart is brimming for hope and excitement for you! Blessings!

197. Courtney wrote:

Congrats!! Blessings to you three 😉

198. Valerie wrote:

Congrats and here’s to a happy and healthy pregnancy!

199. Kelcy wrote:

Congrats Jean and Nick! So happy for your both.

200. Shloka wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I remember when you started this process and I am so happy to read that you are pregnant!! Sending lots of love and strength!

x
    Shloka

201. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations Jean & Nick!, So happy for you both! I am on my IVF journey, waiting for egg retrieval by the end of this week, fingers crossed, wishing you a healthy and happy journey towards parenthood xo

202. Fatou wrote:

Congratulations,Jane!!!!
    xx

203. Leah wrote:

Congratulations, and best wishes!

204. Cynthia wrote:

Sooooo incredibly happy for you both!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Enjoy this time – the most beautiful love affair of your life.

205. Anonymous wrote:

I cannot express enough how happy I am
    for you both! It has reminded me of my our own IVF journey and the lessons learned as well. We are stronger for it and I really appreciate all we’ve been through. Enjoy your pregnancy!

206. Jenny wrote:

Congratulations to the both of you! I’m sure posting this is equivalent to shouting at the top of your lungs on a mountain top. I wouldn’t have waited to post either. =) I can’t wait to read more posts from you on this incredible journey. On a more selfish note, I especially can’t wait to read your blogs on maternity wear and baby accessories. I am a mom and I definitely need more inspiration on functional, adorable, and chic items to buy! I check your blog everyday for ideas.

207. Gwen K wrote:

Oh Jean – what wonderful news!!! I’ve been thinking of you both since I read your post last year. I am SO happy for you and Nick!

Gwen Kennedy

208. Ginny wrote:

Congratulations! This is the BEST news. So incredibly happy for you and your husband.

209. Katie wrote:

Congratulations!

I was wondering if you’ve ever done a post, or have any recommendations for, petite girls who don’t fit into petites? hahaha I’m 5’3” 118 lbs so on paper I’m petite but shirt sleeves are always too short and pant inseams always ride up! It’s like I need the short aspect of petite sizing with regular measurements. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

210. Kristy wrote:

Congratulations!! Can’t wait to follow along with you on this wonderful journey!!!

211. Rosalind wrote:

Jean, I’m a long time lurker, but had to come out for this occasion to say congratulations!!! Best of luck to you and Nick on this amazing journey. Here’s a toast to a smooth and easy pregnancy!

212. Jennifer Caffrey wrote:

(Gut reaction to your FB post: NOWAYNOWAYNOWAYNOWAY YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I’m overjoyed for you!!! What a lucky baby! Every blessing and happiness to all three of you. Best news to start the day. 👨‍👩‍👦👏

213. Jae wrote:

Congratulations to you both! What a journey it has been for you! So happy for you!!!

214. emily wrote:

Yep, crying at my desk. So, so very happy for you. Thank you for sharing your story & giving so many of us hope that everything CAN work out <3

215. Theodora wrote:

Dear Jean
    I’m Dora from Greece and I’ve been following you the last year. I’m so touched of your post and that’s because my husband and I we’ve been trying for a baby all this year long..Month by month I’ve been watching the dream fade away but now with your post I see that miracles happen!Gongratulations for your little everything! I’ll read this post every single day in order not to forget that dreams finally come true! Thanks for sharing this moment!

216. Mimi wrote:

I’m so happy for you and Nick. Congratulations!!! It took me awhile to get pregnant with my baby boy, so I understand the emotions and joy when we found out we were finally pregnant. I pray that you will have a healthy and easy pregnancy. Please continue to update us, share with us your journey. Sending you, Nick, and your little one lots of love 🙂

217. Cynthia wrote:

Congrats, so happy for you guys!

218. Ana wrote:

Congratulations!!! I love how on preparation photo you have some praying video on your TV! God is big!

219. Fran Garris wrote:

Congratulations! Will keep praying that everything goes well. I’m so happy for you and Nick!

220. Trina wrote:

Congratulations to you both!!! It’s definitely a journey to parentshood. Try to master short naps bc you will need it later. I’m 12 weeks along so it must be the hormone that caused the teary eyes when I read this post…or I just really feel for you.

221. ML wrote:

OMG CONGRATS!!! I am so so happy for you and wish nothing but the absolute best for you, Nick, and your baby!

222. Angela wrote:

Congratulations.

223. michelle joung wrote:

congrats!!!!!~~~~~

224. Abrah wrote:

A huge congratulations to you on your wonderful news! Here’s to lots and lots of happy, exciting, love-filled times in store for you.❤️

Posted 1.29.18 Reply
  225. Congratulations to both of you. I can imagine you feel very thankful and blessed. Love, Lieske

226. May wrote:

Congratulations to you both! I am so happy for you and wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

227. Kenneth wrote:

Congratulations both. Praying for a successful pregnancy 🙂

228. Ashlie wrote:

Congratulations! That’s exciting news to hear! I’m sure you two will have the cutest baby!!!

229. Souhair McDonald wrote:

I’m crying reading this!! No doubt you and Nick are going to be the most amazing parents to this beautiful baby 😘😘 keeping you in my prayers for a healthy and safe pregnancy and delivery 😘😘

230. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations Jean! Truly happy for your wonderful news!!

231. Andrea wrote:

Congratulations on this wonderful news! I have been following your post for a while and I am so happy to hear this update. Wishing you all the best.

232. Tho wrote:

Congratulations to you both! Enjoy every moment of thia amazing journey!

233. Ashley Moss wrote:

Wonderful!!! Congrats to you & Nick!

234. Maureen wrote:

Congratulations! I am so happy to hear this fantastic news. You and Nick are doing great. Sending love your way!

Maureen | http://www.littlemisscasual.com

235. Geace wrote:

Congratulations! So happy for y’all! 🎉❤️

236. Bobbi Jo wrote:

Congratulations!! I recently found your blog and have been following you saying my prayers for you and Nick along the way. I know exactly what this journy feels like as I have experience the same journy myself. I’m very happy for you both and know first hand both the nervouseness and excitment you are feeling.

237. Dawn kane wrote:

I am so happy for both of you. I prayed for you through this path. May you continue to have prayers answered and find joy in the bundle of joy you have created. Prayers always, Dawn

238. VM wrote:

Congratulations!!!!

As a small Asian woman also living on the east coast (in Canada), I’ve been following your Instagram and blog for awhile. Your IVF post hit right at home- we also did IVF in the summer and the first round only had one blastocyst which didn’t take. Just going through round 2 now!

Can’t wait to see all the stylish suggestions for maternity clothes, it would be great to see clothes from regular stores and how they can be used for maternity rather than buying all new stuff.

All the best xo
    V

239. Rachel wrote:

Congratulations and sending lots of love for your beautiful little baby!!!

240. Jo wrote:

Congratulations to you and Nick! I’m so happy for the both of you and the sweet baby who will get to call you “mama.” 💕 Wishing you a healthy pregnancy and looking forward to following along this next chapter of your lives.

Posted 1.29.18 Reply
  241. So unbelievably happy for you and Nick!!!! Thank you for sharing this journey with us. It brings me hope!

242. Kathrin wrote:

This made me tear up.. I am soo so happy for you, congratulations!! Praying for a wonderful pregnancy and birth

243. Mireia wrote:

Congrats!

Mireia from TGL

244. Bethany wrote:

What lovely news for a Monday morning! So, so happy for you both – wishing you all the best for the next 31 weeks (and beyond!).
    Love and big hugs from the UK,
    xx

245. Joy wrote:

It’s so crazy how your personal news excites me so! Soooo thrilled for you and Nick! Congrats. Prayers for a healthy arrivial.

246. Elisabeth wrote:

Reading your article made me so happy for you and your husband. Wishing you all the best. Enjoy every minute of this new chapter. ❤️❤️❤️

247. Ray wrote:

Congratulations! I’m so happy for you guys.

248. Tatum Solis wrote:

❤️ Congratulations to both of you ❤️ What amazing news. I’m smiling from ear to ear for you!! My journey was different…adoption was my blessing. I couldn’t be happier for you! Your strength and faith has been inspiring!! Xoxo Tatum

249. Molly wrote:

Oh my goodness- what wonderful news! Those are such life changing words. I still have the voicemail with the news from the doctor for my little guys and get choked up listening to it, 10 months later. We will be keeping your little family in our prayers, Jean!

250. Aray wrote:

Dear Jean, I have been following you on Instagram for a week and I see that it happened in time…for me. My husband and I have the same problem. We started thinking about IVF, but I was so afraid of all these procedures you have been going through. You are a very beautiful and elegant and I could not imagine that your pretty photos on Instagram are not just ordinary photos. Who new you are such a gentle but strong person! Your story encourages me and now I think I should stop being coward. I am very happy for you and for your family in general. I hope everything will be great with you and a baby ❤ Thank you for sharing your feelings.
    Greetings from Kazakhstan ☺

251. Becky wrote:

Such wonderful news!! Congratulations and best wishes. I look forward to hearing more about your journey.

Posted 1.29.18 Reply
  252. OMG! Congratulations, this is amazing! I’m so happy for you and Nick, Jean!!

Happy Monday!
    Michael

253. Lisa wrote:

Oh, Jean, congratulations to you both! IVF becomes part of the story of your commitment to having a child. Physically and emotionally difficult as it was, I still think of it with gratitude and even wonder. You and Nick will be brilliant parents, I’m sure. I hope your pregnancy is healthy and easy…you know, as easy as it is to grow a person!

254. Jumanah wrote:

I’m so happy for you guys! I almost shed tears reading what you wrote.
    Congratulations & have safe happy journey filled with love & much more.

255. Jumanah wrote:

I’m so happy for you guys! I almost shed tears reading what you wrote.
    Congratulations & have safe happy journey filled with love & much more.

256. Bukky wrote:

Congratulations to you both. I wish you guys all the best

257. Simona wrote:

That’s amazing!!! Congratulations! I wish you all the best. Be always positive and enjoy your pregnancy💗

258. Jumi wrote:

Congratulations 🙂 Very happy for you two.

259. Meredith wrote:

Oh wow this totally made my day! So happy for you and Nick! Cherish every moment as I am sure you will. Being a mommy is the most incredible thing ever.

260. That’s amazing! Congratulations! X

261. Aubrey wrote:

Congratulations to you both!!! So happy and excited for you guys. You will make wonderful parents.

262. Maren wrote:

Dear Jean and Nick,

congratulations to this happy news. I followed your story all the way thru hard times.
    I wish you and your future family all the best, Heath and happiness!

263. Anonymous wrote:

I’m really happy for you both! My husband works in a fertility clinic so I hear stories about how difficult it can be for some females. I really enjoy all your fashion posts and blog. Congratulations!!!

264. Thu nguyen wrote:

I was so happy to hear your great news. I cried because finally you are pregnant. You would be such an amazing mom. I have been follow you quite awhile but this is the first time i leave a comment. We married the same year and now our kids are gonna be the same age. Lol . Congratulations again! Stay strong and remember you are not alone.

265. Nen wrote:

I know you may not read this, but I wanted to say a huge thank you. I was in my infertility journey too (had been trying for a very long time with my partner). When we decided to try for one last time, I had happened to read your previous post on the blog and Instagram where you mentioned the headstands. I tried it and it could be what helped get pregnant. I will never know, but I wanted to say that since that day I love you and thank you even though I don’t know you or have ever commented on your posts.
    If it gives you any additional strength, you may have helped another person in the other sode of the planet by sharing your story.
    I am very happy for you, huge congrats!
    You truly made my day and once again thank you for being honest and real!

266. Chris wrote:

Congratulations! I also conceived with the help of fertility treatments, and I’m only a few weeks farther along than you. It’s a wonderful feeling, and I’m so happy for you.

267. Kelly wrote:

Congratulations Jean! Such exciting news! Thank you for sharing your updates on this very personal topic. I have had such a similar journey and now have my beautiful daughter thanks to one little embryo via IVF. I just wanted to share the documentary “One More Shot”, if you haven’t seen it, it’s such a good raw reality of what it’s like to go through fertility treatments. It will make you laugh and cry at the same time, such a great film.

268. Michelle wrote:

So happy for you! Congratulations!

269. Shad wrote:

So beyond happy for you!!

270. Kinga wrote:

Congratulations!

271. Pam wrote:

Congratulations Jean and Nick!!!! I’m so happy for the two of you to start your journey of parenthood! Thank you for sharing your story with us! It is indeed very inspirational! Looking forward to seeing a happy, healthy, and adorable little baby on your blog in about 7-8 months! 🙂

272. PX wrote:

Hi Jean, I’m extremely happy for you. Very very happy! Get rest and eat well! That’s how Taiwanese people would say to a pregnant woman. Congratulations, Jean!

273. Jothi wrote:

Congrats guys!!! So happy for you.

274. Anonymous wrote:

Congrats guys!!! So happy for you.
    There’s s lot of great maternity fashion these days that are good fits for petites (h&m, old navy, and Nordstrom were my go-tos). Can’t wait to see how you style your stages!

• Jothi wrote:

Ack tried to post my name to this- Congrats again!!

275. Jennie Huynh wrote:

Omgggg!!! Congratulations Jean and Nick! ❤️❤️❤️ This is such wonderful news and I know how extremely hard this journey has been. I can’t wait to hear more about your journey and seeing all the bump photos!!!

276. Stacey wrote:

Congratulations!!! Your lives will never be the same. 😝 But your baby will bring you so much happiness! My little girl is almost 9 months now. She was brought about with a little IUI help. Even after all of these months, I still get teary with her. It’s just gratefulness that I get to be her mom. Take good care of yourself! You’re carrying precious bun in the oven. Congratulations again! Looking forward to reading more updates.

277. Flora wrote:

Congrats!!! Can’t wait to see how you dress your little baby bump as it starts to grow.

278. GS wrote:

This is amazing!! I’ve been wondering about your journey since I read your post “when trying is trying”… Congratulations!! Sending positive thoughts your way 💕

279. Elizabeth wrote:

Words can’t express how happy I am for you and Nick, Jean! <3 🙂 Congratulations to the both of you, and I'm sending lots of love and support your way! You two are amazing!

XO, Elizabeth

280. Jen wrote:

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! CONGRATS to you both! Hoping you two the best in the journey that’s up ahead and can’t wait to see what more surprises this baby will bring! You both are so inspiring to follow and are true inspirations!

281. Jules wrote:

Omg!!!! Congratulations!!

xo Jules

282. Hinal wrote:

Beyond happy for you! I saw your post on Instagram as I was in the car with my husband and I beamed with excitement telling him the news. I wish you all the very best…and one more thing…im 9 weeks too!

283. Jocelan wrote:

You deserve it! What a joyous occasion and i will look forward to seeing you on your journey!

284. Michelle wrote:

Congratulations!!! Many blessings in store for your family.

285. margie sanders flower wrote:

so happy for the two of you!

286. Martina wrote:

Many congratulations! Very happy to hear the great news!

287. Olivia wrote:

Congratulations to you both – so happy for you!!

288. Ruzanna Haji Buntar wrote:

Alhamdulillah! Congrats and may you have a smooth pregnancy.

Mentally sending good vibes and energy from Brunei.

289. L wrote:

Congratulations! That feeling of knowing you are about to become a mom is so overwhelming and it stays with you forever. I hope you enjoy every moment of your pregrnancy and all the best.

290. Debbie wrote:

I am so thrilled at your news. I too went through infertility over thirty years ago and spent many years trying all kinds of treatments/surgeries to conceive. It’s such an emotional journey. My husband and I were fortunate to adopt twice to complete our family. I’m very happy for you both. Enjoy this time in your life.

291. Olivia wrote:

Jean, congratulations! I usually never comment on any post people I’ve never met posted, let alone comment a blog. But your stories are so wonderful and I am glad you didn’t give up! I pray so that your baby will grow strong and healthy and for a smooth delivery in about 31 weeks or so! I am so happy for you! 🙂

292. Kahoua wrote:

Congratulations Jean. Love this post and love you so very much. I am so excited for you both. I just found out that I’m pregnant, so we get to be pregnant together!! Ahh!! So happy.

293. Mikaela wrote:

Congratulations Jean and Nick! I have been following you for years and I am so happy for you both 💓

294. Natalie wrote:

Yay!! Congratulations and enjoy your pregnancy!
    Can’t wait to see all the cute maternity outfits and nursery ideas 🌷

295. Gwen wrote:

I don’t know how I could be so overjoyed for someone I have never even met, but my heart is bursting with happiness for you! Prayers for a healthy pregnancy. Thank you for sharing your good news.

296. Emma wrote:

Congratulations! Many happy wishes to you and Nick. I’ve been following your blog for years and have always admired your classic style, but have never commented until now. What joyous news <3

297. Anna wrote:

Congrats to you and Nick! I’ve been following your blog for awhile now and you have helped me so much in finding inspiration for petite outfits. Your courage and bravery to this journey is incredibly admirable. I am also pregnant with my first child and am looking forward to seek your advice for petite mamas to be! Congrats again and wishing you he happiest and healthiest pregnancy!

Posted 1.29.18 Reply
  298. Omgsh, you did it, Jean!!! Congratulations to you & Nick! Wishing you the best of luck on the ongoing journey, and I so look forward to following you on this path of strength, love, and perseverance! ❤️❤️❤️

xxx,
    Brittany (@xbrittanyee ;))

299. Amanda wrote:

Congratulations! After going through IVF myself, I had the same feelings you shared about what I thought finding out I was pregnant would be like, and the anxiety after receiving that phone call. I hope you enjoy your pregnancy!

300. Amelia wrote:

Congratulations! I so appreciate your sharing your experiences with fertility and IVF, it’s an important story that is so common, but not commonly shared. Enjoy this time!

301. Jo wrote:

Jean,

I knew you guys would get pregnant!!! God is good. This gives me hope in the future as I know I will have infertility issues with my hormone irregularities. You WILL have a successful pregnancy . Congrats on becoming a mom!!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️

302. Thao wrote:

Congratulations!!! Thank you for opening up about these extremely personal difficulties. I am so happy for you with this amazing outcome – for your little family! Wishing you a happy, healthy, and safe pregnancy!

303. May wrote:

Congratulations you two! You guys are going be awesome parents to your little one.

304. Adelia wrote:

OMG! I feel so happy for u! Let’s us all pray for a smooth pregnancy and eventually a safe and easy delivery of a healthy baby! We all love u Jean! Beat wishes!

305. Mariana wrote:

Congratulations! So very happy for you both! ❤️

306. Anonymous wrote:

This is exciting, congratulations!!! So happy for you 🙂

307. Nancy wrote:

Congratulations! So happy for you guys!

308. Sophie wrote:

Congrats!

Posted 1.29.18 Reply
  309. Congratulations, Jean! I’m so happy for you and so excited for the little one to grow! 🙂

Wish you all the best! ❤️❤️❤️

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

310. Val wrote:

Congratulations! Im so happy for you guys!

Posted 1.29.18 Reply
  311. I am over the moon happy for you all! This may be early by traditional standards but I’m so glad you shared so we could share your joy and be supportive. My first trimester woes were much harder since we didn’t tell anyone until later and I had to suffer in relative silence 😝 after all the work you’ve put into this, I sincerely hope you get the rare glowing blissful pregnancy ❤️

312. Desirée wrote:

Congrats Jean and Nick!! You will experience a love like you haven’t known before. So happy for both of you! 💕

313. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations 💕

314. Dianne C. wrote:

Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. I’ve been following you for years and, after your recent post about infertility struggles, I’ve been waiting for this announcement like I know you in real life. So happy to congratulate you on the news! And how exciting it came at a time that I, too, am pregnant. I can’t wait to piggyback off your petite maternity style!

315. Sanchita wrote:

Congratulations! As a fellow petite female, I have often relied on your blog to help me find stuff and I can always count on it being the right fit. Today in sharing something so intimate and personal, you’ve taken this virtual unseen relationship a step further and I feel like I can count on your experiences in a richer way. Thank you & I wish you and Nick all the love in the next phase of your life.

316. Brandi wrote:

Congratulations Jean and Nick! I wish you the safest healthiest and easiest pregnancy! 2018 looks like its going to be a busy year. (I look forward to pregnancy fashion posts!) But you two are going to do great, thank you for all your fashion advice and for sharing this sweet personal news. Enjoy this season of life 🙂

317. Narry wrote:

Congrats Jean!! Reading this just made me so incredibly happy! Thank you so much for sharing this part of your personal life with us and giving me hope. I’ve been following your blog for a while and absolutely love your style! Can’t wait to see your growing belly 💕

318. Aymaluz wrote:

Congratulations, Jane! You really deserve all this joy in your life. Our babies will be the same age since I’m 8 weeks pregnant too! Kind of early to announce it as you said, but who cares! We are having the journey of our lives! Hugs and kisses from Mexico!!

319. Kerona wrote:

Congrats!!! So happy for you I wish you all the best on your journey with your husband

320. Kesha wrote:

Congrats !

321. Lola wrote:

Congratulations, Jean!!! So happy for the both of you!!! Hope you get to experience the joy of holding your child very, very soon!😊😊😊

322. Michelle Walker wrote:

Congratulation! How exciting for u 2!

323. Alyssa Shumay wrote:

C-O-N-G-R-A-T-S 💛 Wow!!! Many blessings to you Jean, Nick and your new little life! ” For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made” Psalm139:13-14

324. Shy wrote:

Have followed you for years. Don’t know if I’ve ever commented? But I am so thrilled for you. Many years ago we tried to concieve for a year before being successful;, I can only imagine the feelings you’ve had along your journey. Congratulations! So exciting to read this happy update! Thanks for sharing it with your readers.

325. Nikki wrote:

Congratulations Jean & Nick! Praying for a smooth pregnancy and healthy mommy & baby! Super happy and excited for you guys! God bless! <3

326. katrina k wrote:

soo happy for u two! congrats!!

it was like we were both brimming with joy, yet neither of us wanted to let it out in case it might not be real or it might not last.

👆 exactly the same feeling after we found out we were pregnant after years of trying!!

cant wait to meet ur baby!!!! ❤️❤️❤️

327. Jennifer wrote:

I’ve never commented, but followed you for a few years. I clicked on the blog to search for a pair of jeans. I literally yelled at my computer when I saw the post! So happy for you! Can’t wait to see you styling that beautiful pregnant belly!!! Congratulations!

• Clever Fdez wrote:

This was me too lol I was looking for a pair of boots… I’m soooooo happy for you both!!! Following you for so so so many years makes you feel like a close family member already, So i’m extremely excited for your journey and we can wait for the future baby blogs. I have been praying and sending you positive energy since your first pregnancy post. CONGRATS!!!!!

328. Kate wrote:

Congratulations Jean!! I’m so happy for you and your husband. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. My husband and I have been trying for over a year now and we are considering IVF. This good news from you gave us hope.

329. La Bijoux Bella | by mia wrote:

Congratulations to you both on a path well fought … keep your hopes high and your desires will be reached in times. 👍🏼💗👍🏼

330. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!!! This brought tears to my eyes after following your journey. Best wishes to you and Nick always!

331. Tin wrote:

Congratulations Jean and Nick! Your baby will be absolutely gorgeous for sure. I have been following your ivf journey and am truly happy for this update.

332. Anonymous wrote:

Congrats Jean. I was in tears reading your post because I experienced infertility myself. It was a tough journey that felt like riding a roller coaster. After so many failed attempts, finally I am holding my precious little one in my arms with a successful IVF. And all the efforts and emotions are totally worth it!! Soon you will have your cute little one too! Congrats again!

333. Lorena B wrote:

Congratulations! xo

334. Anne wrote:

Congrats Jean ! This is such happy news.
    “Though she may be tiny, she is fierce”

335. Sara B. wrote:

Absolutely the BEST news! I actually teared up reading your announcement! A huge, heart-filled ‘Congratulations’ to you both and wishing you a safe and healthy pregnancy! 💗

336. Pa wrote:

I’m so happy for you Jean and Nick! Praying for a very healthy baby and a memorable journey! This new love will bring you so much joy and love that you never experience before! ❤️❤️❤️

Posted 1.28.18 Reply
  337. Hi Jean – congratulations to you both! I’ve been waiting anxiously for your good news announcement since the day I saw your post about your IVF journey. I, myself, am also on that journey and while I do not wish anyone having to go through this…it’s comforting to read about stories of women such as yourself and your struggles with infertility. It truly made me feel less alone so for that, thank you for sharing! Wishing you both an effortless and safe baby journey for the next 7 months. Please continue to keep us all updated.

338. Elaine wrote:

Congratulations Jean! Wishing you and Nick the best on your journey to parenthood!

339. Mary Buchanan Moore wrote:

Congratulations!

340. Demetria wrote:

Congratulations! I pray you have a happy, healthy pregnancy.

341. Jayme wrote:

So happy to read this news. I hope the best for the three of you!

342. Nancy wrote:

Jean, I’ve been following your blog for a while and throughout your journey, I admire that you didn’t give up. Major congrats to you and Nick for reaching this milestone. Sending you the best wishes for your pregnancy and hope to continue to hear the good news!

exquisitely.me

343. Krista wrote:

Congratulations! So happy for you two.

344. Gncplife wrote:

Congrats to both of you. My brother and his wife got their daughter after 10 years of trying. Now they recently had a baby boy after 9 years of trying again. So I know how happy you guys are and hope for the best.

345. Hana wrote:

Congratulations!! Such wonderful news. Wishing you a healthy pregnancy and baby 🤞

346. Gabby C. wrote:

Thats wonderful!! I am also about 9 weeks, and have also shared with family. The vulnerability is real, but the journey is one to be appreciated, every step. Thank you for sharing yours.

347. Mizeats wrote:

Crying while reading this post, Jean! So happy for you and Nick! Congratulations many times over!!!

348. Emmy wrote:

Congratulation Jean! I’m so happy for you and your husband!!! This is excellent news. I hope your pregnancy will be a good one, hope the embryo will grow each day, hoping your body will be able to handle the morning sickness/nausea days ahead.
    I’ve been following your blog quietly for the last 3 years or so. I’ve tried to copied many of your fashion style and advices as well. Once again, congrats!

349. Jen wrote:

Congratulations! ❤️

350. Phuong wrote:

Hi Jean!!!
    I’m so, so, so happy for you and Nick!!! I’ve been hoping that this is the good news we would hear from you soon!! Thank you for sharing so much of your journey and giving so many, including me, hope! Congratulations!!!

351. Yolanda wrote:

Congratulations Jean I’m so happy for you!! Wish you and your family all the best and can’t wait to see some preggy outfits!

352. Renée wrote:

I AM SO PROUD AND SO HAPPY FOR YOU, JEAN!!!! Remember that you are a fierce woman, and with Nick at your side, you can get through this. Motherhood is not an easy road from what I can tell, but it is worth it. Your baby will be absolutely gorgeous, and you’re gonna be a great mom. You are a queen, remember that. And also remember that you’ve been a great role model and support to other mothers and mothers-to-be. You aren’t alone, and you’re courageous and brave to share your story with the world. Thank you, and REJOICE BECAUSE YOU’RE GONNA HAVE THE CUTEST LITTLE KID EVER (because let’s be real, you and Nick are a gorgeous couple).

353. Jen wrote:

I’m so happy for you both. We are also parents to a little ivf miracle. ❤️ It’s a long heartbreaking journey but oh how you’ll treasure your little one.

• Kay wrote:

So so happy for you!!

354. Liliana Tan wrote:

Congratz, Jean & Nick! So happy for you. Be strong as you always do and can’t wait to hear your another good news in next 8 months again.

355. Kate K wrote:

So happy for you!! 💕

Posted 1.28.18 Reply
    • Congrats! So excited for you two!

• Lilian wrote:

Congrats! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

• Sue wrote:

Your blog has been utterly transformative for my style, and it makes me so happy to see you and your husband happy! Huge congrats, thank you for sharing your wonderful news, I hope you know how happy a stranger like me can be for you!

• Anonymous wrote:

This makes my day!! My prayers for a healthy preganancy!🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

• Jen wrote:

I want to cry… so happy for you guys.
      Have been following since 2011 when you blogged about how to look professional at work. I went and bought a leopard cardigan and wore pearls because of you! Love your blog. You will be wonderful parents. Lots of love xox

• catherine wrote:

I am so deeply happy for you. You seem to be so nice and sweet, you’ll be wonderful parents. I am a mom of a 2 year old boy, and I wish you all the joy that it brings, hang in there. Pregnancy is difficult for everyone so dont panic everytime there is anything. You will be fine, am sure. Just stay positive and in a few weeks you’ll be reassured when seeing your little one in your arms. Sorry for my english. Lots of love from north africa xx

• ACM wrote:

Congratulations!! Very happy for you guys! I said a little prayer back when you posted about your infertility challenges and I’m so happy to hear it was answered. Just keep being positive and thank you for sharing with all of us.

• nilima shah wrote:

congrats ! ive been through this path……now my daughter is 15 years old keep a journal its so worth it !

Posted 2.6.18 Reply

Get the newsletter!

What updates would you like?