Holiday Sequins & Special Moments

christmas_sequins2

Zara dress, Ann Taylor nappa clutch thanks to Sydney (love it : ), pearls gifted from a friend

For those who celebrate – I hope your Christmas holiday was filled with laughter, hugs, and good food. I was spoiled by home cooking and had a blast with my little brothers, giggling under throw blankets with bowls of popcorn and Disney movies. It’s special times like that with loved ones that mean so much more to me than presents under the tree. Yesterday was spent on the opposite coast with Nick’s family, and was filled with delicious dim sum, a good cry during Les Miserables, and some of the best Filipino fare I’ve ever had.
Christmas_sequins
I popped into Ann Taylor for a hot second before the movie, enticed by 50% off full priced items (use code GIFTANN). There was nothing to try on in my size, but I thought this knit striped blazer was a nice nautical basic and not a bad price after the discount. They also had a floaty mint blouse that was very similar to one of my favorite old AT tops, as well as some striped drapey blouses that would be nice for spring.

Left: Ann Taylor Striped Jacket, Scalloped Crepe Top Right: Cascade Ruffle Front Blouse

anntaylor

christmas_sequins1

Putting my DIY bra-back converter to good use at a holiday party…

christmas_sequins5

christmas_sequins3 christmas_sequins4

Essie “Hot Coco” polish – perfect for these chilly cocoa-sipping nights : )

63 thoughts on “Holiday Sequins & Special Moments

• PetiteAsianGirl December 31, 2012 at 3:02 am

If the timing holds true to previous years, it should be around springtime in 2013 : )

• PetiteAsianGirl December 31, 2012 at 3:02 am

Hope you enjoyed Les Mis! I have to say I loved it : )

• PetiteAsianGirl December 31, 2012 at 3:06 am

Hi Andrea – Thank you for your kind comments! I don't recommend getting Burberry from the outlets because they're usually seasonal styles on small discounts, plus you are in the "sale" mindset and might settle for subpar choices. Personally, I've bought 2 items from the outlet many years ago and regretted it, yet still love the ones I bought from the retail store. Right now Burberry is having 50% off certain styles on their website and in stores (you can call the closest locations – Boston Newbury is great, ask for John!) to try them on in-person. Also, places like Sakes, Bloomingdales, etc have discounts like 20% off throughout the fall/winter and you can sometimes use them on classic Burberry styles. Good luck!

• PetiteAsianGirl December 31, 2012 at 3:08 am

Hi Peony, ballet flats actually have terrible to no support (if you really mean ballet flats), so I'd suggest looking for something with some arch support if you have back issues and move actively on your feet. Cole Haan had some with Nike air support, although the companies broke up so I don't know if they have that many any more. Really low wedges can also be comfortable yet still fashionable. As for things to be "aware" of – I can't think of much off the top of my head except the obvious, to make sure pants are at the right length for flat shoes : )

• PetiteAsianGirl December 31, 2012 at 3:09 am

So glad to hear! There aren't too many gems from the kids dept for grown women, but it sure feels great to find one that fits better and is more affordable, too.

• *Peonies and lilies* January 1, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Beautiful outfit Jean. The dress is perfect for the holiday season and looks so lovely on you. Happy new year! x

peoniesandlilies.com

• Anonymous January 2, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Gorgeous dress, your figure looks amazing in it! Love the second picture especially.

• Karen (littlepiecefnb) January 3, 2013 at 1:27 am

You look amazing! Love that dress on you! The converted bra is ingenious too! Happy Holidays!

• Anonymous January 3, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Beautiful dress! Look great on you! Btw, on ur blog u mentioned about a Ann taylor sale with 50% off which I missed out. I really like the items that u've picked out! Pretty pricey when they r not on sale. Do u know when will they have another 50% off? Around what time of the year? Thanks!

• Anonymous January 4, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Your blog has inspired me to change my style. You mentioned Filipino fare and I'm wondering if you and Nick are from the Philippines?

• Anonymous January 5, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Schoolboy Blazer in two colors. Hacking Blazer in four colors. Slim trench in Cobalt Blue. I'm waiting for another discount to appear so that I can purchase the schoolboy blazer you've been wearing in caramel. I tried to buy the Burberry wool/cashmere trench you tried on but it wasn't available in my size in the color I wanted. Ouch! Hurts so good. Why must everything look so good on you? Why?!

• Jessica January 8, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Beautiful Dress! I've looked at your other photos and you have a great fashion sense.

• 112755464258067273528 January 21, 2013 at 4:06 am

i like your bling party dress, it is so glamour.