$35 H&M Shrunken Woven Blazer is Back

handmteal

Blazer: H&M; sz 2, $34.95 (item # 040640, comes in turquoise or black)
Left: H&M; dress  Right: Ann Taylor Factory top, Ann Taylor skirt (similar)

Left: Louboutin Simple 100 pumps  Right: Aldo

It’s a known fact that H&M; brings back popular styles, so I’m always on the lookout for past favorites to share with you guys. One of my most beloved purchases from earlier this year was a woven navy blazer in a soft knit material. The fit is very slim/shrunken so it’s perfect for petites. It’s currently back in a basic black (seems very popular – my store was pretty much sold out) and this vibrant teal.

Likes: can’t ask for a better fit, affordable at $34.95, woven material is comfy and versatile
Dislikes: vibrant color (is fun but) harder to create outfits with, and I’m trying to avoid buying duplicates

Fitted back view and buttoned-up view:

handmteal1

As a refresher on how versatile the navy version is, here’s a snippet of my past posts that feature it:
wmsocialhour1BlueGreen2_benchstriped pencil1

I noticed that some find this color inappropriate for work or certain seasons, which is surprising to me. This color in person is very similar to a bright turquoise dress which I wore at various times, both casually and to work, and did not feel it was unprofessional or unacceptable. For business formal I’m all about the dark suit, but for other environments – it doesn’t hurt to explore color and stand out a little. My personal challenge with this color is figuring out what to coordinate it with, and not because it’s inappropriate.

I’m torn – keep it for the perfect fit and challenge myself to style the color? Or return? I’d love to hear your thoughts!

For Daily Posts

59 Comments

1. There's an ebay seller quoting you as "fashion blogger" in their item description for one of these blazers:

I hate ebay sellers like these, it looks like she buys out all the sizes on popular items and then marks them up by 100% to resell in her ebay store. 🙁

Posted 10.30.11 Reply
  2. Anonymous wrote:

It's too assertive a color to wear if you don't love it. I once bought a nicely fitting suit in bright orange. I'm not a fan of orange. Big mistake.

Posted 10.21.11 Reply
  3. Anonymous wrote:

It's $35. Keep it!

Posted 10.14.11 Reply
  4. Anonymous wrote:

Thank you very much for your opinion Jean! I think I have an idea on what I should wear =)

Posted 10.13.11 Reply
  5. jessica wrote:

I think it looks great – keep it!

For pairing, I'd suggest mixing it with neutrals as others have suggested, or if you want to match it in color then make pair it with colors/prints of equal color intensity and the eye will perceive it as a "match" (I'm sure there's a technical term for that, but whatever). I personally like teal with gray or navy or white/cream or red or even yellow, but people have told me I tend to dress a bit bright so there's your caveat.

Also, I don't see why teal can't be a jewel tone for fall/winter. I think teal is actually quite classic and pops up sometimes in vintage clothing … in my mind anyways, more classic than coral or pale yellow or mint green etc. Then again, I haven't flipped through a fashion magazine in at least 5 years, another caveat for you.

Posted 10.13.11 Reply
  6. Anonymous wrote:

How do you tuck in your shirts to skirts so that the line from the shirt does not show through the skirt? A lot of my shirts hit me on the hip, meaning I get a line going across the back of the skirt over the bum (not flattering). When I bunch/roll up the shirt so it falls above my bum, I lose some definite in the waist since it gets a bit bunchier under the skirt. Any tips?

Posted 10.12.11 Reply
  7. Anonymous wrote:

I think the jacket looks really great on you, and is totally different from the other one you have. I don't think of it as a duplicate. I think it is nice to have something fun and colorful to wear once in a while. Gray, black, etc. can get boring.

Posted 10.12.11 Reply
  8. el.vi. wrote:

I have heard of ann taylor factory…is that an outlet store?

Gosh the teal looks amazing!

Posted 10.12.11 Reply
  9. @Anonymous No need to be overly stylish since it's a business event – do you have a fitted sheath dress (black, gray, textured, or tweed) and a cute blazer to go over it?

@karen Your engagement photos are a once in a lifetime shoot…I'd go all out. The AT factory vintage lace dress would be gorgeous on the beach – go for it!

@Anonymous Thu – I'm sorry the commenting keeps acting up for you! Not sure what's wrong with blogger : /

@pendragoney @ToniWow, thank you both for the links and pairing suggestions!

Posted 10.12.11 Reply

Get the newsletter!

What updates would you like?