Accessory Storage: The Belt Ring Hanger

beltring
After going from owning 1 belt to amassing a small collection, my poor mannequin begged me to find a new storage solution. Growing up, I remember toying with my dad’s belt ring and thinking how clever it was. I don’t know what took me so long, but I finally ordered my own from Amazon.

For the ring to be effective, look for a thin ring with the open ends super close to each other, preferably touching (this way the ring can move smoothly through all your other belts as you get to the one you are looking to remove). The open ends on mine are a little too far apart and belts fell off, so I flexed my muscles and did some bending. This one looks like a better alternative with close-together ends.

Readers – how do you organize and store your belts?

Shop My Instagram

For Daily Posts

petite spring style outfit ideas inspiration

Original Instagram Widget

For Daily Posts

Style transcends size
and is something that can empower you wherever you go.

77 Comments

1. Amazing and creative ideas for a accessory organizer. Completely amazed with it. Keep sharing similar articles.

Posted 5.21.15 Reply
  2. The open ends on mine are a little too far apart and belts fell off, so I flexed my muscles and did some bending.You can also visit: http://tiny.cc/belt-organizer-hanger

Posted 10.16.14 Reply
  3. I think I may need one of these. I currently have all my belts stuffed in a drawer, not the best solution. Was thinking of a hook, but like the idea of being able to get off one belt at a time and not the whole lot.

Posted 6.17.13 Reply
  4. Thanks for the deal with! However yeah thank for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love studying extra on this topic.

Posted 10.18.12 Reply
  5. Anonymous wrote:

I use mine as a Holliday present by taking individual wrapped hard candies and tying a piece of very thin ribbon on one end and tie it to the ring untill their is no more space available. When you are done it looks like a Christmas wreath to hang on the door. When I have given this in the past who ever got it thought it was a neat gift………

vs

Posted 4.10.12 Reply
  6. Sheba wrote:

Loved the idea of the belt organizer. I got this one from Amazon after getting inspired from you. Quite sturdy and holds all my belts, the rings do tend to move around a little on the hanger but I don't mind that. It's easy to take the belts on or off.

Posted 1.23.12 Reply
  7. This is a worthwhile thing; I don't own it yet, but my amazon order has been placed! I never liked those coat hanger shaped belt rack types. They take up too much space and the belts fall off. After searching and searching I finally made my own belt holding contraption to hold my now, ample collection of cute belts. I was hoping I found a better solution and it worked out well for awhile except the belts still keep falling off! This ring looks to be much better! Can't wait, great tip!

Posted 11.2.11 Reply
  8. marialinh wrote:

Hey Jean, I ordered the same belt ring as you did from amazon and mine did not have a gap! The ends were touching! Darn, and I was hoping to flex my muscles ;P

Posted 9.23.11 Reply
  9. Dias wrote:

Hi Jean, if I may ask you about the size of belt. I usually wear xs size belt but what is the equivalent of xs in belt? Thanx:)

Posted 9.20.11 Reply
  10. I just hang mines on one of those things you nail to the walls or over the door. Some of the buckles are too small so I just hang them side-ways but yours is definitely a better solution! I must looking into these ideas. hehe. Its been one of the reasons why I haven't bought any belts due to this reason… 'cause I didn't want to see clutter!

Posted 9.18.11 Reply
  11. Great ideas, everyone! Thanks for sharing your methods : ) I love the suggestions of the binder ring or flashcard ring. I think that might work better.

@Julia Rose @Karen @jkyw @Evelyn Mannequin was from a local gift store that closed down and were selling their fixtures. If you look on ALterationsNeeded's blog, Kelly bought a nice little mannequin from a widely available store online, that is closer to her in size.

@Anonymous Thank you! I have to agree with you, I love mixing "nice things" with bargain finds : )

@Anonymous That's nuts! What a coincidence.

@Anonymous I integrate belts into most outfits (for work, anyways) but I'll keep your post suggestion in mind!

@Meg Sure thing! I'm working on a DIY jewelry case, can't wait to show it.

@Anonymous @Anonymous I mentioned in my post that ideally the two open ends should be very close together, preferably touching, for this to work perfectly. The exact one I ordered has an issue where it's a little too far apart, and small belts do fall through when I'm trying to move through and take out the exact one I want. I tried bending the ends to be even closer together. THe one my dad has works perfectly with no issues, and I remember the open ends being so close they touch.

Posted 9.17.11 Reply
  12. Julia Rose wrote:

Is your mannequin custom made? If so where did you get it made? Thanks!

Posted 9.17.11 Reply
  13. Vicky wrote:

This is way cool. Best tip ever. Up there with the belt hole puncher. 🙂

Posted 9.17.11 Reply
  14. Anonymous wrote:

hi jean, i just started following your blog. i just wanted to say i LOVE your blog and you!! i love nice things as well, but i am also a thrifter and am all about the bargains. you pull thriftiness off with elegance and i commend you for that. keep doing what you do!! 🙂

Posted 9.17.11 Reply
  15. Vivian wrote:

that is so cool! i store my belts in my wardrobe, there is this rack thing on the back of the door =)

Posted 9.17.11 Reply
  16. My dad has one of those too:) Great tip! I never thought to get one myself though I don't exactly have a belt collection. I only own a few. Yours are beautiful though-I love all of the skinny belts.

Posted 9.16.11 Reply
  17. That is super cool! =D

Posted 9.16.11 Reply
  18. Wendy wrote:

Thanks for the great tip!

Posted 9.16.11 Reply
  19. Anonymous wrote:

is it easy to take off a belt that is in the middle of those belts? Do you have to take out others in order to get to the one that you need? Just trying to visualize how it works in action. Thank you!

Posted 9.16.11 Reply
  20. Anonymous wrote:

But isn't it hard to get a belt off the ring if it's in the middle of the stack? Or am I missing any trick?

Posted 9.16.11 Reply
  21. That's a good belt ring. I got mine from the container store I think. It looks a little different and is not as functional as yours. Mine is more of U shape and if I have a belt at the end I have to take ALL the belts off to get to it! Yours looks more functional though. Good find!

Posted 9.16.11 Reply
  22. Nitu wrote:

Great idea! Never even knew that existed. Do you have a suggestion for scarves? Mine keeping falling on the falling most of the time!

Posted 9.16.11 Reply
  23. faerie87 wrote:

i actually have this one which i think is a little better
    think i got it from bed bath and beyond…

Posted 9.16.11 Reply
  24. faye lu wrote:

having one of those *why didn't i think of that* moments! such a cool idea.
    i've been hanging mine off the 'hook parts' of my hanger … not very neat. this is a much more visible way of displaying them.

Posted 9.16.11 Reply
  25. Carla Krae wrote:

Had one since the early '90s, lol.

Posted 9.16.11 Reply
  26. Anonymous wrote:

These are also great to store hair ties, head bands etc!

Posted 9.16.11 Reply

Get the newsletter!

What updates would you like?