Hello from San Diego! We're here for the weekend, eating our way around town before headed to our next destination. I wanted to quickly share this easy look along with recent re-stocks & reviews on fall arrivals. First off, one of my favorite wool hats is back this year (see it on me in another outfit here). The taupe-gray shade is a perfect neutral and goes with so much.
I was browsing online and also saw that this autumn plaid scarf is finally back in stock - I love mine and would highly recommend it, so don't wait 'til it's gone again! It's super soft and colors are beautiful and vibrant, easy to pair simply with a tee and jeans. And if you liked my white off-shoulder sweater from last year which I couldn't stop wearing, I found a cozy flared sleeve version and also a sweater dress version in the new arrivals section (no petites, but both come in xxs and up).
I also popped into LOFT recently and thought they had some cute arrivals worthy of sharing:
This top has the lightweight drapey feel that I love in their staple utility blouses, but with the addition of a tie-neck bow which I always gravitate towards. The pine color is saturated and beautiful for the next few seasons. Most of their blouses like this one are machine-washable too, so I often recommend them as affordable and practical tops for work to weekend wear. The tweed skirt has pretty colors and texture but fit pretty loosely on my hips - I feel like LOFT skirts almost always run big.
If you're a simple dresser and want to look polished without much effort, this is a dress for you. It feels like a light/medium-weight sweater dress in a gently flaring, A-line silhouette. Its very similar to one in my closet from years ago that sold out quickly. You can add pearls and pair this with pumps, tone it down with flats and a little cardigan, and also try layering collared tops underneath and a belt to change up the look.
Next up are two little black dresses that didn't quite fit me, but I thought was worth mentioning for those who are taller:
- ruffle sleeve shift dress - the silhouette of this is like the J.Crew ruffle sleeve tee I'm always wearing except in dress format. It runs big and is straighter-cut, so perhaps size down, and maybe ladies who typically wear regular sizing can try the petites for length. The dress is unlined so I didn't think there's enough to it to be worth the full retail price. Despite all these little issues, with the right size / length, I think this would be a classic LBD that can be paired with cap-toe ballet flats and a statement necklace.
- Pleated swing dress - The pleats on here run along the full length of the dress, which is very elegant in-person but was impossible for me to capture in photos. Even with the zoomed-in images online, the prettiness doesn't translate. It was also long on me for my liking - as with most swingy or shift silhouettes, I prefer a dress like this hit shorter near mid-thigh. With the right fit, this has the potential to look much more higher end.
Loft did pretty well this season with lots that caught my eye! Here's a few I bookmarked online, but couldn't find in-store:
- Plaid layered look sweater - dupe for my Treasure & Bond one from years ago that I always get questions about. I love these layered-look sweaters for throwing on over jeans and booties for an easy outfit.
- Fringed sweater jacket - little black jacket, a la Coco
- Navy cropped peacoat - very curious about the fit & quality of this one!
- Flippy skirt in some gorgeous hues like saffron yellow. The waist is listed as elasticized so it might fit a little better than Loft skirts without stretch.
In other sale news, Ann Taylor is having extra 60% off sale items right now, no code needed. This eyelet lace dress (see on me in navy) in a coral orange is left in 00p and up on sale for $50 (down from $150). It's really beautiful quality and didn't fit too big on me like many of their dresses. Wear it with large faux-pearl studs which are now $14 with discounts. I didn't see any other especially great sales yet for the holiday, but will update this post tomorrow if any pop up!
Update: US shoppers can take 15% off most items at ASOS with code LASTHURRAH through the end of Labor Day! I absolutely love ASOS for items that usually fit snugly without alterations needed. Some recommendations:
- Mini skirt in stripe (waist runs small without stretch) - see on me. 00P will fit ~ a 24" waist.
- Floral shorts PJ set (both pieces run short) - see on me here and here.
- Jacquard floral drop-waist dress. Just ordered this - it looks like the same approximate pattern as my white drop-waist dress so I'm hopeful it will fit well. The darker color scheme should be versatile with both bare legs and tights, come cooler weather.
- Yellow pleated maxi skirt - left in 00p and 0p, already marked down. Gorgeous skirt and fits true to size / a little big and long compared to other ASOS items (so don't size up if you want it to sit at your natural waist).
- Scuba A-line skirt - pretty floral print in a flattering silhouette.