This is another way I’ve styled this floral skirt, last blogged about here – I love the hints of mustard and gray within the print so brought them out using other pieces. The color I’m wearing is sold out but it comes in another color in the same textured fabric (FYI, I got mine taken in but my friend has the same one and was able to shrink it down ~1 size in the machine dryer). Right now Ann Taylor is having an amazing sale with 50% off site-wide and free shipping on everything! Use code CYBER50 through Monday night, online only. I’ve done a big sale round-up below on some items in my wardrobe that are still available, as well as my top suggestions from recent fitting room try-ons!
Their latest collection is full of navy, cream, and yellow in prints like big gingham and pineapple – all colors and patterns after my own heart. I noticed in the fitting room that all the pieces easily mix and match due to the simplified color scheme of mainly three colors.
– fringe sweater shell – available in both cream and navy, starting in xxs online. A thickly knit, gorgeous quality shell in an elegant A-line silhouette. Lots of textural details that actually wrap all the way around the back (love it when no shortcuts are taken on details!). This wouldn’t have caught my eye online but it looked very petite-friendly and well-made in person so I had to try it on. A regular XS fit me well so it may be cropped on taller ladies. If you like this slightly flared silhouette, there is also a tweed version with fringe in cream that comes in both regular and petite!
– pineapple city shorts – when I was browsing last week, the AT employees were snapping up these new arrivals shorts for themselves. There was no petites in store (online only) so I couldn’t really gauge the sizing.
– striped sweater jacket – classic little cardigan jacket reminiscent of Chanel styling. Love the boucle-like texture and details including tortoise buttons, pockets, and the rolled mustard edging. Only complaint is it’s only partially lined. This is another piece I found available in regular sizing only, but the shrunken and cropped fit makes it petite-friendly. I’m trying on an xs here and the shoulders were a touch wide, but it comes in one size smaller (xxs) online. The shoulders have a little padding inside to give the sweater knit some structure.
– peplum knit shell (3 colors) – classic shell that is both stretchy and comfortable. The peplum flare is very slight, making it still appropriate for business wear. As shown below, the V neck also works well layered over button-ups if you want to wear this to a dressier setting.
– gingham shorts in navy or mustard – I love a good pair of tailored shorts that can be dressed up or down. I got a pair of these in my usual size and they were a touch loose, but I was able to shrink them a bit in my machine dryer (please note these are tagged dry clean only so machine wash at your own risk). Material is a nice 100% cotton with some stretch, and I love the angled pockets. The petite has a modest 3.5″ inseam and the higher waist is lengthening on short legs, in my opinion!
– blush piped dress now on final sale, for a steal at under $50 – see my review here and it re-styled here. Love this classic sheath which is good quality all-around with thorough piping detail. I did get the hips of mine slimmed by a tailor.
– classic cotton striped tee – I found one in my usual size to try on and it was snug and a little short, so I’d suggest sizing up or perhaps try regular sizing! Both navy and the brick red (looks just like my J.Crew striped turtleneck) are easy basics to pair with.
– navy gingham sheath dress – this is an online exclusive so I haven’t tried it on, but I’ve seen this material in-person on the skirt version and it’s a beautiful quality, thick textured fabric. The higher waistline looks promising on shorter figures, and the cut looks very versatile for layering (ie. simple white button-up underneath, cropped navy or mustard cardigan over). I also love the skirt option (fully lined, invisible zip) which looks and feels more expensive than it is.
– shoes & bags: my favorites of theirs from this season are the neutral pink bow pumps (see on me) and the low block-heeled sandals (see on me). I haven’t yet seen this crossbody / clutch bag in-person, but the combo of suede and gold chain looks pretty and luxe in all three colors!
– striped wrap top – haven’t tried this one on either, but it looks like a combo of two of my favorite things: crossover drape and blue shirting stripes. I would style it by tucking the front part in, maybe into higher-waisted bottoms.