Our Boston Public Library Wedding

Today’s post is very personal, and I’m so excited to finally share it with you guys: our wedding at the Boston Public Library. After being together for over 10 years, Nick and I tied the knot in the city where we met and started a life together. The majority of our friends and family are from out of town (and the country) so we wanted to show them Boston and everything we love here. We only visited one venue and knew right away that was it. The BPL embodies the history and charm of the city, and has a lot of meaning to us in little ways…we studied there together as college students, dug up the blueprints (from ~150 years ago!) of our first home together, walked by it daily to work, and to top it off, Nick’s mom is a librarian.

And here begins an overload of photos from the course of our day. Also, I wanted to share a few more of our favorite vendors for any brides-to-be planning a wedding!

boston library wedding flowers

Wedding Photographer & Videographer

After the venue came the search for a photographer and videographer. We assumed the day would be a whirlwind, and felt there’d be no better way to capture the sentiment and movement of everything (or in this case, our blubbering exchange of vows ; ) than on video. I feel this is a vendor that’s often overlooked and thought of second to photography, but was top on our priority list. We chose Long Haul Films based on recommendations from friends and could not have been happier (update: unfortunately, they no longer do weddings!). I wanted to repost their trailer video that they make for each wedding – we love how they incorporated the vintage inspirations from ours by using an old school Super 8 film camera for part of the footage.

Long Haul Films has offices in Boston, LA, and London but travels globally, and our photographer Katch Studios is based out of Edmonton, Canada. Both were a dream to work with. After initial meetings about our style and sharing of Pinterest boards and other inspiration, we were able to trust both teams fully on our wedding day.

boston library lazaro lace wedding gown

Our Florist

Pollen Floral Design (based in Boston but also does global projects) was another friend’s recommendation. We were very last minute with planning – I mentioned vaguely what I liked and the color scheme (soft ivory, pink, and a hint of french blue) and she completely ran with it. We got so many compliments on her bouquets and hairpieces!

wedding floral hair combs

manolo blahnik something blue jeweled wedding shoes

Something Blue (Wedding Shoes!)

I searched high and low for open-toed “something blue” shoes but couldn’t find any that were right. I ended up getting these Manolo Blahniks (here’s a very similar pair for under $100!), and borrowed a friend’s idea of DIY stitching bracelets to them as temporary embellishments.

east meets west chinese wedding dress

bridal robe getting ready shot

Bridal Hair & Makeup

Hair was first on my schedule for the day. I partnered with the TRESemmé team on both of my bridal hairstyles and absolutely loved the results! I had requested an updo first for the tea ceremony and a romantic, hair down-to-the-side look for the wedding. I wanted a clean look to show off the high neckline of my tea ceremony dress, and then loose curls to frame the shoulders for my strapless wedding gown. My TRESemmé stylist, Tyler Laswell, started by curling all of my hair and teasing volume up at the top. He then styled it into a twisted braid low-bun set a little off to the side.

wedding hair braided side bun updo

After the tea ceremony, Tyler transitioned my hair by leaving the volume up at the top and letting out the bun, which fell into those side-swept waves I wanted. We used a fresh floral comb made by my florist as the finishing accent in both looks.

boston library wedding getting ready

I was nervous in my search for a makeup artist as I’ve had several poor experiences in the past. The artists I had worked with before were often not familiar with playing up smaller, hooded eyes and short, stick-straight lashes. I went with Lisa Chy, another friend referral, and would highly recommend her in return. I did a trial with her during which we spent a lot of time working on the right look, plus I got to test out a full day wearing the makeup to note any issues (even watched a good ol’ sad movie to test the eye makeup lasting power ; )

boston library wedding lazaro lace dress

A few makeup tips for fellow brides – it was my first time trying airbrush makeup and I loved it for several reasons. When applied properly, it has: 1. awesome, build-able coverage that kept my face from becoming purple and splotchy when tearing up (this was a priority as I’m an ugly crier, through and through!); 2. actually felt light and “air”y to me; and 3. I found it to rub off a little less than regular foundation. Lisa also used it to mitigate some stark tan lines on my back and shoulders and I didn’t get too much color transfer onto my dress. On the eye makeup front, I don’t love strip falsies so Lisa used “flares” or singles lashes which I thought looked and felt better. They are applied one-by-one and can easily be layered based on how full you want them.

bridesmaid gifts chanel earrings

First Look: Copley Square

We had our first look behind Trinity church, which was a surprisingly quiet respite during a bustling afternoon in Copley Square.

boston wedding trinity church first look lazaro dress

The Groom & Groomsmen Outfits

I left the guys’ stuff up to Nick and in true guys’ fashion, found ourselves 2 weeks before the wedding with unclothed groom and groomsmen. For affordable skinny ties and smaller-sized bowties in every color imaginable, The Tie Bar was a lifesaver.

boston wedding trinity church

boston library wedding bhldn lazaro

Unique Details

The Boston Public Library doesn’t need much dressing up, but we wanted to include a few small touches here and there to make the day feel uniquely ours. We got antique props, including these suitcases and gold mirrored vanity trays, from SOWA vintage market. We both love digging there on the weekends for small treasures. And below that, we stole an idea from a few friends’ weddings to serve treats before the ceremony. We had our caterers, The Catered Affair, make mini matcha green tea and mango ice cream cones for guests to enjoy while getting seated—a great way to cool off during a hot summer wedding.

boston library wedding vintage suitcases welcome sign

wedding mini ice cream cones

The processional ~ I’ve never seen my sweet grandparents so dressed up! And I thought Nick’s mom looked darling in her Eliza J fit & flare dress (comes in petites).

wedding processional grandparents

My mother had her hands full with my elementary school-aged brother trotting by her side!

mother of the bride sue wong dress

The Bridesmaid Dresses

I was swooning at my bridesmaids’ mix-and-match BHLDN dresses and bouquets. I worked with each of them to pick a style that flattered their body type, staying within our general theme of champagne and blush pink. We included a mix of beading, sequins, lace, and a statement necklace (recognize this Baublebar piece? : ) for the solid dress.

bhldn bridesmaid dresses bouquets

boston library courtyard wedding dress aisle

boston library courtyard wedding dress

We had our first dance later up on the Juliet balcony while two of our close friends sang and played a slower acoustic guitar version of “Love me like you do” – it was one of the few tunes that Nick and I could agree on…little does he know what movie it’s from, ha!

boston library courtyard wedding vows

Our recessional was to “Everything is Awesome” from the Lego movie, which little brother Schuyler thoroughly enjoyed…

recessional dance

The Food!

We probably spent the most time planning out the menu and the least amount of time enjoying it…looking back, we probably would’ve skipped extra photos to join our guests! During cocktail hour we had mini truffled chicken pot pies, mini lobster rolls, and the most exciting to me – the DIY noodle bar. As a noodle enthusiast, I was salivating thinking of the options (udon, soba, or lo mein noodles with garlic chicken, spicy thai steak, ginger lime shrimp, veggies, and a variety of sauces and toppings). Most of our guests were full before dinnertime due to multiple helpings at this station.

asian noodle bar wedding

boston library wedding placecards1

Library-Themed Wedding Cards

Our paper items and signage were all created by Yours Truly Calligraphy, another friend’s referral (clearly, we couldn’t have planned this wedding without the help of our married friends!). In a panic, I reached out her just a few days before our wedding and she whipped up everything and had it express mailed from the West coast. She even hand-made these antiquated library cards, stained using tea.

wedding calligraphy bar signs

mini donuts stand wedding cake

My Wedding Dress & Veil

From the dresses in my closet, I’m sure you guys can tell I love a good lace and fitted pencil silhouette. On my wedding day, I wanted those same elements but with a little more drama, and this Lazaro dress (Style #3415) had everything I was looking for. I got a size 2 with hollow-to-hem customization, which is when they measure your height and then create the entire dress to be scaled lengthwise proportionate to that height. For ladies who are significantly shorter or taller than a sample size, I’d highly recommend this option if your gown designer offers it. I was pleasantly surprised that a bridal size 2 was completely fitted on me at the bust, waist, and hips with no alterations needed! The bottom skirted portion is very full so I did have a local tailor reduce that volume on both sides and also taper in the knee area (note: this was a pretty significant alteration given the amount of fabric). I also had them leave the lace flower corsages off while producing the gown, so I could addd them back on where I wanted them, along the back train.

boston library wedding bates hall1

My birdcage veil and sash belt were both easy DIY projects (UPDATE: here is my video tutorial on how to make both!). Being a true procrastinator, it was stressful working on these the day before our wedding, but it was worth it to be able to wear pieces that I made.

boston library wedding lazaro gown

My best advice for brides-to-be is that although the planning process can be stressful and a lot of things will go awry, never forget what you are doing it for and try to let go of the small stuff. I also wanted to give a heartfelt thank you to each one of you who shared kind words and congratulations on our marriage – Nick and I read every message and it means so much to us.

Our vendors:
Videographer: Long Haul Films
Photographer: Katch Studios
Wedding gown: Lazaro Style #3415
Tea ceremony dress: custom by Khatu Ho
Reception dress: Aidan Mattox (exact sold out) sz 0 hemmed
Bridal accessories: vintage earrings, DIY belt & veil (purchase similar veil)
Floral robes thanks to Plum Pretty Sugar
Bridesmaid dresses thanks to BHLDN
Florist: Pollen Floral Design
Hair in partnership with TRESemmé
Makeup: Lisa Chy
Tuxedo: J.Crew Ludlow
Men’s accessories: The Tie Bar
DJ: Alamada Events
Lighting: Design Light Co
Tea ceremony coordination: Lemon Drop
Catering & day-of coordination: The Catered Affair
Mini donuts: Union Square Donuts
Bridal suite: Judy Garland suite at the Lenox
Venue: Boston Public Library

Previous wedding-related posts: you can read about Nick’s proposal here, our engagement photos in Paris here, our coed bridal shower here, and our Chinese wedding tea ceremony here!

213 thoughts on “Our Boston Public Library Wedding

• Bella B September 24, 2015 at 12:08 am

Wow that looks incredible you look stunning in that dress and congrats your a beautiful bride!

• Valerie September 24, 2015 at 12:12 am

Congratulations Jean! Your special day looks amazing! I'm currently planning for my wedding and hope it will come close to looking as beautiful as yours! Cheers!

• Petite Picks September 24, 2015 at 12:13 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Thank you so much for sharing.

• D D September 24, 2015 at 12:14 am

Beautiful video! I don't personally know you, Jean & Nick, but I can feel the love that you tow have for each other. You guys are inspiring & I only hope to find for myself what you two have for each other. Happy Late Congratulations! Cheers, Wendy

• Anonymous September 24, 2015 at 12:20 am

I can't imagine anything more perfect than getting married in a library. Looks like a beautiful wedding. Congratulations!!

• Mai Lowe September 24, 2015 at 12:36 am

SWOONNNNN!!!! Love every detail so much, but most of all LOVE how happy you guys look!!! Congratulations again!!!

• Ella Pretty Blog September 24, 2015 at 12:43 am

The video was amazing – your vows made me cry – they were so sweet! Your outfits could not have been more beautiful! Thanks for sharing a glimpse of your special day <3

• Patti September 24, 2015 at 12:46 am

What a beautiful wedding, love all the little details and the story behind the setting. Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

• Payton September 24, 2015 at 12:54 am

Jean, your video is so sweet. What a precious day.

• Audrey (holes In My brain) September 24, 2015 at 1:01 am

Your wedding looked absolutely gorgeous! I love the colour themes, and the photographs are just perfect 🙂 The donuts are so cute, and your description of the food there made me hungry haha. Congratulations to the two of you!!

• Trang Do September 24, 2015 at 1:05 am

Amazing photography!! Congrats once again!!
    Hugs,
    Love from http://www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

• Faith September 24, 2015 at 1:05 am

Congratulations again, Jean and Nick! Your wedding is a dream come true. To many more days and memories together.

• Anonymous September 24, 2015 at 1:12 am

This is soooo beautiful! I teared up.. I've been following your blog for three years now.. It feels like watching a family member or a close friend getting married 🙂 Congratulations once again and Wish you all the very best in everything you do..

Shenu

• Lena September 24, 2015 at 1:15 am

Congratulations! I've been eagerly waiting for this post and it didn't disappoint 🙂 Would love to see a DIY post on the sash belt!

• Margaret September 24, 2015 at 1:31 am

I visited the Boston Public Library for the first time this past weekend and immediately thought of the beautiful wedding pictures you had posted. What a classy venue! Thanks for sharing your vendor information. It does seem like the planning process can be super stressful, but you can also think of it as a fun personal project. The end result is gorgeous 🙂

• Erika September 24, 2015 at 1:32 am

Love every detail!! Best wishes to you and Nick!

• Loretta September 24, 2015 at 1:34 am

Georgous wedding! Truly dream like!

• webmul September 24, 2015 at 1:40 am

As a future bride-to-be, I find this post incredibly inspirational! What a beautiful wedding! Congrats to you and Nick!

• Adasyn September 24, 2015 at 1:41 am

Congratulations, Jean and Nick! I've been a long-time follower of your blog and am so incredibly happy for you both! Your video highlight brought tears to my eyes. I wish you two a lifetime of happiness! Congrats again!

• Trinitayy September 24, 2015 at 1:45 am

i am so happy for you both! your vows are truly amazing, and Nick really has a way with words. beautiful – just everything is beautiful

• Sasa Zoe September 24, 2015 at 1:49 am

Congrats, Jean! Your wedding is beautiful and amazing! Love your dress so much<3

Shall We Sasa

• Lisa September 24, 2015 at 1:50 am

Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing. All the Boston brides are lucky to have your vendor recommendations. 🙂 Congratulations!!

• Lauren Drew September 24, 2015 at 1:54 am

Absolutely stunning photos and video! Congratulations again from a fellow Bostonian 🙂

-Lauren

• Anonymous September 24, 2015 at 1:59 am

Congratulations! Everything was absolutely beautiful & splendid. I hope one day I get to have an amazing wedding as you, it is honestly a fairytale!

• winnie.fred September 24, 2015 at 2:19 am

Congratulations ! Loved your dress and all the little details ! Would love to see a tutorial on how to make the birdcage veil and sash !

• cherylnguyen September 24, 2015 at 2:40 am

OMG Jean, your wedding looked so beautiful! We share so many similarities! I didn't know your husband was from San Diego! That's where I'm from! And my wedding dress was from the dreamy Lazaro as well! I've been with my husband for 14 1/2 years total and married for 4 1/2 years with two kids now. :). We got married on our 10th year together! It's so nice to see other people who've been together for a long time. Wishing you and your hubby a lifetime full of everlasting bliss, love and laughters!

• Unknown September 24, 2015 at 2:56 am

Congrats! I walked by Nick Tuesday at lunch and almost had a fan girl moment, you two are adorable. Can I ask who your tailor was? I'm also in back bay and haven't found one I love yet!

• Eden's Mirror September 24, 2015 at 2:58 am

this is so intensely personal wow thank you for sharing!! i wish you guys every happiness in your new life together 😀

• Pauline Dao September 24, 2015 at 3:06 am

Hi Jean, what were the bridesmaids' accessories? I loved reading about your wedding and everything else. Congrats!

• mybeautrip September 24, 2015 at 4:18 am

Congrats! Your wedding dress is a drem and you look really happy!
    xx

• prudence yeo September 24, 2015 at 4:26 am

Your wedding dresses are stunning and all these pictures are so heart-warming! Congratulations and wishing you the best!

Love the idea of layering a slip dress over a polo neck top, very chic style!

Prudence

• Anonymous September 24, 2015 at 5:02 am

The video was so heartwarming! You looked perfectly beautiful in your wedding dress! Congratulations on your wedding! :')

• Carla Krae September 24, 2015 at 6:14 am

Wow, your wedding looks like it's from a movie. And they did a great job on the video. I teared up a bit when you guys did.

One bit of advice I've always heard is that the bride and groom get very little to eat on the wedding day, so it's a lifesaver to ask the caterer to pack you a meal you can enjoy after it all ends.

• Kie September 24, 2015 at 7:29 am

Your wedding looked gorgeous! Can you please, please share the two tutorials for the birdcage veil and the bridal sash?

• tellmeyblog.com September 24, 2015 at 7:43 am

Such a pretty wedding! As a long term fan of yours, I am so touched to see you and Nick tie the knot. Congratulations again, Jean!

xx
    Yvonne

• FranishTheBlog September 24, 2015 at 8:12 am

Oh Jean, that video made me tear up just a little. It looked like the most beautiful day, and your love for each other definitely shown through. Congrats again!

• little random happiness September 24, 2015 at 8:16 am

Awwww Jean! Both of your vows are so beautiful :*) Thank you for sharing your love story with us. Still swooning over the gorgeous details every time you share them hehe.

• Unknown September 24, 2015 at 8:18 am

Absolutely gorgeous and thank you for sharing with us your special day. Congratulations to you both.

• Kat F. September 24, 2015 at 8:20 am

Jean, I'm pretty sure we're meant to be friends! I've followed your blog for quite some time (thanks, Google) and have always thought about the similarities in our lives. I, too, moved from Sunny San Diego to the east coast (Virginia) and met my future husband on the first day of freshman year. We dated nearly a decade before getting engaged (we did so shortly before you did) and are getting married in about a month. We have the similar wedding colors (champagne, blush, dusty blue) and I chose my bridesmaids dresses from BHLDN in January. It was a little crazy (and creepy) seeing it all unfold on your Instagram as we have such similar tastes! Did I mention that I'm also Filipino? I'm sure I'm sounding a little creepy now. Haha. Anyway, your wedding is absolutely stunning! Congratulations to you and Nick!

• Alyssa Gap September 24, 2015 at 8:33 am

Such a gorgeous wedding! Everything was so beautiful!!

Alyssa | Glitter and Grey

• bebe September 24, 2015 at 8:40 am

Thank you so much for sharing your wedding details — your vows brought tears to my eyes! I'm so happy for you both!!

P.S. I've come to rely on your excellent taste and sizing advice (I'm 5'2" 106#) and am so grateful for your tips 🙂

• jaime September 24, 2015 at 8:42 am

Thank you for sharing your special day! Absolutely beautiful color palette, especially that french blue. That florist definitely nailed it!

• Maggie Moore September 24, 2015 at 8:43 am

You looked GORGEOUS! This wedding looks like perfection.

• jaime September 24, 2015 at 8:45 am

Also forgot to ask – what are your plans for the wedding dress? Will you save it or try and rehab it for a different look? This is probably the first time I've seen coordinating bridesmaid dresses that can be worn in the future, I'm sure your bridesmaids appreciated that!

• Keri H September 24, 2015 at 8:54 am

Omg, wedding photos make me so sentimental and these are gorgeous! You look stunning and I love the keyhole back in your dress. Congratulations and thanks for sharing <3

Enclothed Cognition

• Cynthia Zalewsky September 24, 2015 at 8:57 am

Absolutely stunning Jean! I loved all of the unique and personal touches from the clothing to the food selection. Your video was so heartfelt and you will treasure these memories for many years to come! Thank you for sharing your beautiful and special day with us readers!

• Cassie September 24, 2015 at 9:07 am

I'm surprised you used a photographer all the way from Edmonton! We do have some great talent in the region though and based on your pictures I'd definitely say you made the right decision 🙂 Your photos are gorgeous! Everything came together so nicely. I loved the personalized vows in your wedding video. You two are such an adorable couple. Congratulations again!

• Anonymous September 24, 2015 at 9:10 am

Thanks so much for sharing your special day with us! I feel like I've gotten to know you over the years and am truly happy for you both. Wishing you two a lifetime of happiness!

• Isabel September 24, 2015 at 9:48 am

Absolutely stunning, Jean! I love that everything from the venue to your dress to the details of the flowers and color scheme all played beautifully together. There's no evidence of procrastination at all! I totally agree, having a perspective of relishing what the wedding represents as a lifelong commitment is far greater than any minute detail that can (and will) fall through the cracks.

• Emma Celeste September 24, 2015 at 9:54 am

Ahhh! this gave me the chills AND made me tear up! What a beautiful love story and to have this captured so elegantly on video is priceless. You looked stunning and beaming with happiness. Wishing you lots of love!

• Anonymous September 24, 2015 at 10:01 am

Congratulations, Jean and Nick!! You both had such a beautiful wedding. May the Lord blesses you both on your new Journey as husband and wife!! Thanks for sharing your life with us. Soooooooo beautiful! I cried!

• Melissa September 24, 2015 at 10:03 am

Congrats Jean and Nick, it was such a pleasure to get to know you and to work together.

• Ann September 24, 2015 at 10:13 am

So hauntingly beautiful! Every detail is perfect– and you look so beautiful Jean!

• Linna September 24, 2015 at 10:27 am

Jean, you and Nick look so beautiful! I loved everything about your wedding – congratulations!!!!!!

I would love to see a tutorial of the DIY sash, as I myself am dress shopping and find myself gaping at the prices for belts and veils. Thanks!!!

• Melanie September 24, 2015 at 10:35 am

Jean and Nick — many congrats on your wedding! I couldn't hold back the tears when watching the video and thank you for sharing your day with the rest of us. Here's to many more journeys ahead of you together. Lots of love, Melanie

• Patricia September 24, 2015 at 10:38 am

Gorgeous! Wishing all the best to you and Nick. =)

• Mallivan Olinger September 24, 2015 at 10:43 am

That was so amazing! Very touching. Very much reminded me of our vows we took 11 years ago. You guys are a beautiful couple with a beautiful family. Really brought back alot of memories and goose bumps. Congratulations to you both and to your amazing future!

• Anonymous September 24, 2015 at 10:46 am

beautiful, just beautiful. I wish you both continued fun and togetherness.

• Anonymous September 24, 2015 at 10:51 am

Congratulations on your wedding! Thanks for sharing your beautiful wedding photos and wish you many happy years to come! You two complete each other, absolutely beautiful couple. Looking forward to seeing your beautiful baby 😉

• Diane Hoang September 24, 2015 at 10:53 am

Congratulations! You look so beautiful. I hope you two are having a wonderful time together as a married couple!

xx, Diane || http://www.dizined.com

• Amanda Jeffus September 24, 2015 at 10:54 am

Jean – you were a gorgeous bride! I love it all, but my favorite is your dress 🙂 Just as your said, it is a perfect wedding day version of your signature style! XO, Amanda @ life on linton

• Julie Hiller September 24, 2015 at 11:02 am

Thanks so much for sharing this, Jean. You gown is gorgeous. Seriously, jaw-dropping. After reading your blog for years I also feel like you picked the perfect gown to suit your personality, too. Also, as a bibliophile, I couldn't be more jealous of your venue. Congratulations!

lifestyle by joules

• Huong September 24, 2015 at 11:03 am

Wow, Jean! Out of a lot of weddings I've seen, your and Nick's seems to be the most well-thought out and planned event. I'm a huge believer in making weddings both the bride and groom's day. I feel like it was an event planned by the couple together rather than just the bride, which is what I see most of the time. The details, photos, DIYs here and there and the noodle bar really made your day all the more special and stand out from the rest. I'll definitely be pinning a lot on my wedding boards for future reference if my day ever comes. 😉 You made a gorgeous bride and Nick a handsome groom. Congratulations again! xo

• Lynne Bynume September 24, 2015 at 11:04 am

Congratulations on a beautiful wedding. May you and your new spouse be blessed in all that you do! Thanks for your beautiful posts!

• Oanh Nguyen September 24, 2015 at 11:13 am

Yes to the tutorial for the birdcage veil!!

Any wise words from a procrastinator to a procrastinator? We haven't set a date, yet, but set a season and year, Spring 2017.

I can definitely feel the love from the pictures. (At work and can't play the video) :X

Congratulations, again. Wish you guys lots of love, happiness and kids!! 🙂

-oanh

• Talia September 24, 2015 at 11:16 am

Absolutely beautiful! I loved every bit of this post. Wishing you and Nick much happiness!

• lisacng @ expandng.com September 24, 2015 at 11:25 am

Congrats you two! What lovely vows you both had to one another. Beautiful beautiful ceremony!

• Thanh September 24, 2015 at 11:32 am

What a beautiful wedding! Thank-you for sharing those precious moments with us.

• ReRa September 24, 2015 at 11:35 am

Congratulations! What a beautiful and sweet wedding. Wishing you all the happiness in the world!
    I would love to incorporate a Chinese tea ceremony into my future wedding. I was wondering what your timeline was like for that? How much time did you give yourself between that and your ceremony? What did your guests do while they were waiting for the ceremony to start?

• Anonymous September 24, 2015 at 11:38 am

What a beautiful wedding! The video is so touching that it made me tear up. Wish you two forever happiness!

• Unknown September 24, 2015 at 11:44 am

Amazing and magical! Congrats! I'm getting married in less than 2 months and your video was so inspiring! I would love to watch a tutorial on how you did your birdcage veil please!! Love, Beatriz – UK/Brazil

• Anonymous September 24, 2015 at 11:46 am

It is so beautiful!

• L Breault September 24, 2015 at 11:59 am

Most stunning wedding ever.. everything is so beautiful. The video is excellent! Congratulations!

• Briannac0 September 24, 2015 at 12:02 pm

Beautiful third dress! Can you tell me where it's from? I'm looking for one similar for my wedding reception. Thanks!

• misschristie September 24, 2015 at 12:12 pm

Holy cow! Jean I almost cried at my desk. Such a beautiful video and story. I loved every single detail that went into this wedding and you guys are just a match made in heaven. Wishing you both an amazing lifetime ahead 🙂 – @misschristie

• something to something more September 24, 2015 at 12:16 pm

I'm so thankful that you've posted this blog up about your wedding. I love every detail of how you incorporated yourselves into your wedding. I would love to see your DIY Sash when you get a chance to post the blog. As I'm planning my own wedding, reading your blog helps me ease a little of my stress. Thank you again, and you're a beautiful bride!!

• Van September 24, 2015 at 12:35 pm

Hi Jean! Congratulations! Everything looks perfect 🙂 Would love and very much appreciate tutorials on the veil and sash! 🙂

• AB September 24, 2015 at 12:45 pm

Beautiful day, Jean! I'm currently planning my wedding. Out of curiosity, how many people did you invite, and, for catering purposes, how many did you plan on actually attending? Thanks!

• Eileen September 24, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Jean, this is magnificent beyond words! Thank you for sharing such a personal event. Congratulations to you and Nick! I wish you both a lifetime of happiness.

• Unknown September 24, 2015 at 12:59 pm

Thank you for sharing the details of your beautiful day!!! What a heartwarming video. Congratulations to both of you!

• Stephanie Lam September 24, 2015 at 12:59 pm

Just such a beautiful beautiful wedding. I enjoyed watching the video and definitely teared up!! Your dress is so stunning, I really love the shape and style. Thank you for sharing with us and hope you and Nick have an amazing life together!!

• ETL September 24, 2015 at 1:22 pm

Beautiful wedding and photos. Love all your small touches and ideas. Your wedding dress is beautiful too. So inspirational.

• Anonymous September 24, 2015 at 1:53 pm

You are such a great writer! What a modern and classy lady you are! I enjoy your writing as well as your outfit and style! Hope you continue to enjoy your life with Nick with your value and sense!

Best wishes,

Helena Lin

• Theresa September 24, 2015 at 1:53 pm

Congratulations Jean and thanks for sharing your beautiful story with us! The video got my eyes rather moist.I loved the reasons for choosing the library as the location. My father is a librarian and spent a majority of my childhood at libraries.

• Anonymous September 24, 2015 at 2:02 pm

your food pics never fail to make me jealous! Congratulations, you look absolutely beautiful and so happy!

-minnie

• Unknown September 24, 2015 at 2:21 pm

Beautiful! As a photographer, I've never prioritized wedding videos, but your video is beautiful and makes me think I might need to have that at my wedding!

• Anonymous September 24, 2015 at 2:50 pm

Your vows are so moving! I teared up after watching the video. As a long time (silent) reader, I wish you and Nick a happy long life together–growing up with a partner is the most beautiful thing in a relationship. Best luck Jean and Nick!

Joyce

• Mei Liang September 24, 2015 at 3:34 pm

Thank you for sharing with us your special day. You look absolutely stunning and the venue is beautiful! Congratulations!

• Lucy In Leggings September 24, 2015 at 3:53 pm

such a beautiful wedding! where did you get your last dress from — the beaded long dress? it was so, so beautiful!

• Elizabeth September 24, 2015 at 4:01 pm

Wow – absolutely beautiful! Your vows to each other were precious!!!

• Jennifer J. Chow September 24, 2015 at 4:08 pm

A huge congratulations! And, of course, you looked very beautiful.

• Tiffany September 24, 2015 at 4:15 pm

Congratulations! So happy to finally see this post 🙂 You were the most beautiful bride. Loved every detail. Wishing you and Nick a lifetime of love and happiness. <3

• Raven Hill September 24, 2015 at 5:16 pm

Absolutely perfect. Love everything!

• Anonymous September 24, 2015 at 5:24 pm

Absolutely beautiful wedding! Congratulations! Could you please tell me where your post-wedding/reception beaded dress is from. Thanks!

• redhibiscus212 September 24, 2015 at 5:41 pm

Congratulations on your beautiful love story journey and marriage! Thank you for sharing this video and photos with your readers. The vows were so touching and made me reflect on my wedding day as well. 🙂 My husband, who has zero interest in fashion, knows your blog because I follow it so much! Wishing you and Nick a lifetime of happiness!

• prettypetite.org September 24, 2015 at 5:56 pm

First of all CONGRATULATIONS!! It looks like your wedding was like a dream come true. I love all the little details and the venue is gorgeous! I'm actually planning my wedding and yesterday we choose our venue! It's such an exciting process!! We are the first of our friends to get married so we are a little short on recommendations but just looking at your pictures and how happy you both look is a huge inspiration!!

Thanks so much for sharing!!

Xo
    Pauline

• Anonymous September 24, 2015 at 6:43 pm

One of the most beautiful weddings i have ever seen!!! You looked breathtaking! While i was going through the photos, all i thought was Pinterest! xxx

• syney kitty September 24, 2015 at 6:51 pm

Beautiful post Jane. Thanks for sharing!-lyn

• Cee September 24, 2015 at 7:03 pm

So, so beautiful, Jean! *wipes tears from my eyes* I'm so glad Nick convinced you to have a wedding 😉 Every detail and personal touch were simply perfect. Everyone looked gorgeous. Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness!!

• Wanderlust September 24, 2015 at 7:04 pm

Awww Jean! You made this ugly crier even uglier – I was in tears the whole time watching the video. Many blessings to you and Nick. One can only wish for a partnership like the one you guys share. xoxo

• Melissa September 24, 2015 at 8:22 pm

So happy for the both of you. The whole thing was so beautiful!

• Cher September 24, 2015 at 9:36 pm

So beautiful, Jean! Right down to the last detail! Congrats to you and Nick!

• Phyllis Lee September 24, 2015 at 10:01 pm

Oh my gosh, that video was so beautiful that I literally teared up. You look so beautiful, and I can only hope to have a marriage as happy as yours. Congratulations!

Phyllis | http://www.prettypleese.com

• Miss Der September 24, 2015 at 10:26 pm

Beautiful everything! I love all your personal touches on everything! And the video made me cry!!! So happy for you both! This makes me so excited to plan my own wedding!

• Erin September 24, 2015 at 10:28 pm

Jean, you and Nick looked spectacular! Congratulations – your wedding looked absolutely perfect! It's hard to believe you were working on some of the details only days before the wedding!

I've been on the hunt for a birdcage veil for my own wedding and yours is exactly what I'm looking for! I would love to see a DIY tutorial on how you made it! 🙂

• Katherine Pham September 24, 2015 at 11:08 pm

Congratulations Jean and Nick! Such a beautiful wedding!

• Kathleen September 24, 2015 at 11:50 pm

What a beautiful wedding! Thank you for posting such a detailed description of your special day. Congratulations to you and Nick!

• Hyejin Lee September 25, 2015 at 12:02 am

Jean, I am so happy for you and Nick. I've been following your blog for several years and your posts inspired me to move away from jeans and sweatshirts in college and discover a fun, chic, and professional style that compliments my petite frame. Anyways, wanted to leave a note because my husband and I met in college, and we were also married on June 27, 2015. I loved your wedding post. Thanks again and I wish you all the best in your newly married life. =)

• Irene Ng September 25, 2015 at 12:05 am

Congrats to you both! This was such a beautiful wedding, thank you for sharing. I also got married this year in May and blogged through my process. I DIY'ed almost all the wedding decor myself. I really miss wedding planning, so I always love to read about others experiences and happy pictures. Even if you did a lot of it last minute, I totally can't tell, you realy pulled it off, everything looks beautiful <3
    xo Irene
    mycutebow.blogspot.com

• Anonymous September 25, 2015 at 12:14 am

Wow! This post was amazing in terms of the great information and the beautiful photos. Your wedding video touched me! I also adore how the two of you chose a library as your venue! Best wishes for the future ahead! -G2

• Karen K September 25, 2015 at 12:26 am

Congratulations! Looks like the perfect wedding! I can't decide if you looked like an angel or a fairy princess

• Winny Young September 25, 2015 at 12:42 am

Hi Jean! Congratulations again to you and Nick (thanks for responding to me on Instagram; I'm @winzorwins)! Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness, health and countless adventures together! Thank you so much for sharing such a special day with us. All the details are gorgeous and elegant (very you!) and your vows are incredibly moving! I hope you don't mind me gushing… Been following your blog for about three years now – started while in law school and doing long-distance with my now-husband, and now we're happily married and I'm semi-happily practicing law. It's been such a joy to read your posts, both for professional wardrobe advice and for following yours and Nick's relationship and adventures. I've always thought of you as super cool and seeing your pick of "Everything is Awesome" only served as extra confirmation. 😉 Technology/social media can be kind of sketch but I'm thankful for it because it allowed me to find your posts!

• Sheree Ho September 25, 2015 at 12:52 am

Such an amazing wedding, everything looked beautiful and I am swooning over your dress and your DIY Manolo for something blue. Thank you for sharing.

xo Sheree

• Julia T. September 25, 2015 at 12:52 am

Congratulations Jean! Your wedding is a dream. The vows are so touching and soooo well-written. I cried when I watched the video.

• Anonymous September 25, 2015 at 1:20 am

Congrats!!!!truly beautiful……yes can u please put dyi info on how to do the belt and birdcage pleaseeeeeee 🙂

• Heyitzme September 25, 2015 at 1:55 am

Tons of congrats. Everything was point on. May your nest be filled with love and laughter.

• Heyitzme September 25, 2015 at 1:59 am

could you please also share your third dress too? it is just so pretty.

• Stephanie September 25, 2015 at 2:22 am

Congratulations Jean and Nick. I can't believe this is my first comment as I have been secretly following you for years now. When I was in Boston this past summer, I past by the Boston public library so many times and was only able to visit it for 10 minutes before running to the airport. I really regret my decision now as the library is stunning and your wedding looks amazing. The vows are so well written and moving. I really love the fact you incorporate a lot of diys into your wedding(the manolos and veil). Thanks for sharing and congratulations again! <3

• Leona M September 25, 2015 at 4:34 am

I have been one of your ghost readers for over the years and has been secretly waiting for these pictures. the vows are so teary and touching, then your vintage touch ups are so unique..will steal those ideas when the time comes. Every thing was so classy and dreamy. CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND NICK.

• Paola September 25, 2015 at 5:39 am

I'm so happy for you, Jean and this post is amazing

• Anonymous September 25, 2015 at 6:56 am

Congratulations. What a beautiful wedding. You two are one good looking couple. May God bless your marriage.

• XpinklilyX September 25, 2015 at 7:35 am

Congratulations beautiful wedding!

• Bára Rektorová September 25, 2015 at 9:33 am

Congratulations, dear Jean! What a beautiful wedding. And I can actually feel the love and closenest of your family shining from the photos.
    Your mum is so beautiful and your little bro just the most adorable kid in the world 🙂

• Anonymous September 25, 2015 at 9:47 am

I stupidly watched this at work so now I'm over here in tears in my office. Congrats Jean! I never really follow blogs, but I know I've been popping in and out of yours for a at least a couple of years now. Everything about your wedding was beautiful: the vows, the location, the wedding party, the people and the tea ceremony, and the bride & groom! Thank you for sharing it with us. Very big congratulations and I wish you and Nick a million best wishes and many blessings!

• Maria Ahrens September 25, 2015 at 10:27 am

A wedding in a gorgeous old library building?? Genius! Wish I had thought of that for our wedding. Every detail is absolutely gorgeous, and it's clear that you and Nick have a strong and lasting relationship. Congratulations to the happy couple! May you have many blessed years together 🙂

• Anonymous September 25, 2015 at 11:04 am

So elegant & beautiful, the vows were very moving also. What a gorgeous couple you are!

• sookhyun September 25, 2015 at 11:23 am

Beautiful vid! Where is the beaded dress from that you wore in the video towards the end?

• Anonymous September 25, 2015 at 11:40 am

Absolutely Gorgeous Pictures! Wishing you an eternity of happiness together! Thank you so much for sharing part of your special day.

• Angogh's aunt September 25, 2015 at 12:04 pm

I was teary eyed watching your video. I love the dress on the left out of the three dresses you wore. Can I get information on that dress?

• Anonymous September 25, 2015 at 1:02 pm

How beautiful, wonderful your day has been 🙂 Thank you, Jean and Nick, for sharing all feelings with us. <3 <3.

• Suzanne September 25, 2015 at 2:02 pm

This was an incredible post, it brought tears to my eyes watching the video and it was so touching see two people so much in love and willing to share it with the world. Such a beautiful couple and lovely families to share with you on your special day. The most gorgeous wedding in photos that I had the pleasure to see, thank you Jean and Nick for sharing.

• Joanna Marie September 25, 2015 at 3:06 pm

Tears of joy for you and Nick. So BEAUTIFUL! Everything was beautiful! Jean, what a wonderful wedding. I was always skeptical of a mermaid style dress on us petite girls but you are making me a believer (thanks for the hem to halo). I love Lazaro, his dresses are so beautiful, romantic and whimsical. Congratulations!

• Ale Bellaire September 25, 2015 at 3:08 pm

Lovely!! you guys look so happy.

• Ale Bellaire September 25, 2015 at 3:08 pm

Like in Sex and The City… a Library wedding 🙂

• Lauren Hom September 25, 2015 at 3:12 pm

Omg, your video made me tear up, no joke! The most heartfelt and beautiful wedding. Everything was done so elegantly I'm just in awe. I hope you and Nick have a long a prosperous marriage!! x

• Natalie September 25, 2015 at 4:30 pm

You look beautiful and the wedding is fabulous down to every detail! Wishing you and Nick a lifetime of happiness! Another petite gal at http://www.saladgirlnat.com

• Millie Scimia September 25, 2015 at 5:22 pm

This video was absolutely beautiful!! I literally cried! Everything looked stunning, Congrats to you both!

• Unknown September 25, 2015 at 8:53 pm

Loved everything so pretty! My 1 year old kiss me when he saw you two kiss lol

• Anonymous September 25, 2015 at 9:11 pm

Congratulations! Best of luck in the future. Your wedding looks like it was awesome!!

• Michelle September 25, 2015 at 9:32 pm

Congrats Jean and Nick. Very Beautiful wedding day !!

I adore your Lazaro wedding gown, please do a DIY tutorial on the sash belt, it compliment the wedding dress so well.

Thank You as my wedding will be in one month time and I am still looking for a sash belt.

• Petite-ish September 25, 2015 at 9:50 pm

So happy for you two! Yay! It looks incredible, nice job and what lovely vows. (That's the best, I think, certainly for us 🙂

• Alaina W September 25, 2015 at 10:21 pm

What a beautiful wedding! BPL is my dream location but alas out of our budget. We are also using Tie Bar, and I highly recommend them for their wide selection and good prices. We're getting married in 3 weeks in Concord, NH. I cannot wait! 😀

• Anonymous September 25, 2015 at 11:53 pm

Such a beautiful, elegant and classy wedding! I love the venue choice and how each detail tied together to encompass the overall theme. Wishing you and Nick a lifetime of happiness all the way from Houston!!

PS ����I would love love (and appreciate) the tutorial on your DIY veil and sash belt, thank you!!

• Olyvia September 26, 2015 at 2:37 am

Congrats again!! As a long time follower of your blog, this post is super special! One of my most favorite unforgettable blog post of yours was that red dress posing around the Boston Library taken by your talented man Nick! It seems so perfect that this place became the setting for your wedding! I love how you incorporated everything you love and the things WE love about you and your style on Extra Petite! From lace, Diy's, even a nod to your flattering pencil skirt style, ha!, and the food! Even the talented lovely Khatu was a big part of your special day… friendship that spawned from this blogging thing too…. weird things i remember from reading your blog like a good book 🙂 Ah, Jean and Nick hope you guys continue creating a wonderful life together and sharing us your stylish stories on here! The cutest blogger couple i know!

• Teah September 26, 2015 at 8:01 am

What a beautiful wedding and your vows were just so emotional and touching. Thanks so much for sharing a part of your special day with us. I wish you both a lifetime of love and happiness!

• agnecs September 26, 2015 at 8:48 am

Congrats for you bothes:-***

• Vicky September 26, 2015 at 9:36 am

This video is beautiful Jean. They say pictures say a thousand words, but nothing compares to a live video that captures the movement and voices. Congratulations to you and Nick again.

• Teodora September 26, 2015 at 10:09 am

Truly beautiful, breathtaking and emotional 🙂

• Faith September 26, 2015 at 11:40 am

I'm curious: did you have cake or just doughnuts?

• Anonymous September 26, 2015 at 1:51 pm