I said yes

Thank you so much to everyone who shared kind words and well wishes on our recent engagement. We read each and every message, and they have really warmed our hearts. Some of them were from longtime readers, with whom I’ve been fortunate to share snippets of fashion and life through this blog over the years. Several of you have asked about the proposal, so I figured I’d share on here…

We recently purchased our first condo and are doing renovations before moving in, which means the weekend started off like any other these days: with a visit to our BFFs at Home Depot. We grabbed a few bags of soil and picked out some pieces for the bathroom…riveting stuff…(Nick claims he used his better judgment at this point and resisted popping the question in the plumbing aisle). Back at our place, we were getting ready to work so I started to change into my manual labor “scrubs.” Nick asked if I wanted to keep my normal outfit on, which should’ve been my first clue something was up. He’s usually a strong advocate for practicality, so I’m thinking…are you nuts? I’m going to be hauling tile and shoveling cow manure!

I ignored this strange advice and proceeded to put on my dirty clothes and ratty sneakers. After just a few loaded trips up and down the stairs, I was panting like a dog and desperately needed to cool off on the roof. My tomatoes needed re-potting, so I decided to busy myself with that (yes, that is now my idea of fun…I’ve fast-forwarded straight to senior citizenship).

proposal 1

Soon after, Nick came bounding onto the roof deck with multiple cameras swinging from his neck (should’ve been my second clue). I figured the boy just liked to take scenic photos, so I went on super-focused on my plants. He appeared to aimlessly wander around the roof for a while before popping up from behind me with a bunch of seed packets in his hands. “Why don’t you plant these seeds?” I glanced disinterestedly and was like, cucumbers? It’s not the season yet!

proposal 2

He kept on awkwardly pushing them toward me saying I should plant them, which only made me more thoroughly confused, as seen above.

seed packet front

It took a while for me to realize a “special” packet was wedged between the cucumber seeds…

proposal 3

After seeing the back of the packet, it finally started to come together. I don’t remember a word said after that except he was down on one knee, and I was vigorously nodding. And it wasn’t until the ring was on that I noticed the multiple cameras from before set up like spycams.

seed packet back

I met Nick while we were freshmen in college, but even then it wasn’t hard for me to see his patience, creativity, and huge heart – qualities that I knew I’d be lucky to have someday in a husband and the father of my children. I’m the happiest girl to be starting the next chapter of life with my biggest supporter and best friend.

proposal 4

337 Comments

1. Heidi Hui wrote:

This is very similar to how my husband propose to me. Love your blogs !!! xoxo

Posted 9.1.15 Reply
  2. Heidi Hui wrote:

this is very similar to how my husband proposal. 🙂 Love your blogs!!!! xoxo

Posted 9.1.15 Reply
  3. Anonymous wrote:

Hi Jean, I didn't have the chance to read this post when you posted last year.

This is such a cute proposal and so sweet. It makes me filled with joy reading this. You both are so lucky to have found each other.

-Tiffany

Posted 3.31.15 Reply
  4. May God bless your mariage! Love, happiness and a lot of laughts!

Posted 10.5.14 Reply
  5. Anonymous wrote:

It's so sweet how you chronicled this special event in your life through your blog. Congrats to the beautiful couple!

Posted 6.15.14 Reply
  6. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations Jean! (Longtime lurker and absolute fan of yours) 😉

Posted 6.12.14 Reply
  7. i think i've only commented on your blog a handful of times over the years but i wanted to wish you and nick a million congratulations!! what a sweet way to propose… the "instructions" on the back of the seeds envelope were perfect. thank you for sharing your story! x

Posted 6.11.14 Reply
  8. Olive wrote:

That is one of the sweetest proposal stories I have ever read (I teared up reading it). So happy for both you and Nick! Congratulations, and I wish you guys a lifetime of happiness together!!

Posted 6.9.14 Reply
  9. TofuTiff wrote:

This is such a beautiful proposal! I love the "thoroughly confused" face! Congratulations to you and Nick and on this new chapter in your life. The best is yet to come!

Posted 5.31.14 Reply
  10. This is soooo sweet!!! Congratulations!!!

Posted 5.26.14 Reply
  11. Posted 5.23.14 Reply
  12. Lakia wrote:

Congratulations! 🙂

Posted 5.22.14 Reply
  13. stephrodu wrote:

"Delurking" as well… I can't believe I'm seeing this post so late! This has to be the cutest, most thoughtful proposal I have ever heard of/seen. You two are super cute! I can't wait to see wedding planning posts! (Please share with us!!!) 🙂

Posted 5.19.14 Reply
  14. Anonymous wrote:

Oh my gosh, congratulations Jean and Nick! I'm also a long time lurker and I love your blog. Nick did good with his proposal. Very sweet! You guys make such a great pair. Wishing you more love and happiness in the next chapter of your lives. Cheers! – JC

Posted 5.17.14 Reply
  15. Ami wrote:

Congratulations on your engagement! As a gardening lover, I can't help but give Nick major kudos for doing a gardening themed proposal. One of the things I look forward to every year is planting my tomatoes, and carefully caring for them all summer. If you are looking for a new potting system looking into the Earthbox, its self-watering with a large reservoir so your tomatoes grow as huge as ones grown in the ground, but with less pests. I apologize for the little ad, but I have had such good results the three years since I purchased it I figured a fellow gardener would appreciate it!

Posted 5.16.14 Reply
  16. now that's a proposal! xD
    so cute!!!!

Congratulations!!! 😀

Posted 5.16.14 Reply
  17. Anonymous wrote:

Coming out of lurking to say congratulations & best wishes to you guys!!!

Posted 5.16.14 Reply
  18. Hems wrote:

I love your blog and been reading it for sometime…but got a bit busy in the middle, and now when i come back i see this.. Sweetest proposal ever.. you guys look great together… Congrats!!

19. Sam wrote:

AHHH We got engaged on the same day. SO happy!

20. Jean wrote:

Thank you Bela and I certainly have Jen to thank for connecting us way back when : ) To answer your question, he had the cameras running on video the entire time so he could share with our families – these are "stills" from that footage.

21. Jean wrote:

Thank you, Oanh, and I wish you the best in your journey with your boyfriend. There are always challenges and compromises as part of an evolving and loving relationship : )

22. Jean wrote:

Carolyn, I wish you and your husband many more years of that happiness. It's amazing to find someone in that earlier stage of life and grow into your own side by side.

23. Jean wrote:

That's amazing, Quiana! We had similar beginnings and I feel very inspired by your story.

24. Jean wrote:

Thank you so much for coming out to share your kind words (from around the world, nonetheless!). We appreciate it so much.

25. Jean wrote:

I truly appreciate the well-wishes from you and the ladies above. The photos are snaps from a video that Nick had secretly running while proposing (except for the last – once I came to my senses I had to take one for our friends where we actually both had heads : ) He said he wanted to have something to share with our families which both live far away. It was never intended for a blog post so I'm sorry to hear your sentiments. I only shared as several readers had asked about how it happened.

26. ali wrote:

Does it not get tiresome to be on film every moment of the day? I wish you well with your nuptials and much happiness. The photos looks staged though especially with the captions.

Posted 5.14.14 Reply
  27. Congratulations! You will be one of the prettiest brides I will see (hope you show us the outfit) 😀

28. Anonymous wrote:

OMG! Congratulations.. this is the cutest proposal !!

29. Anonymous wrote:

Another lurker here 🙂 We're all coming out to congratulate Jean and Nick 🙂

Posted 5.14.14 Reply
  30. Congratulations!! Very creative and I love that it was all captured in photos. It becomes a blur for sure! lol

31. Nati33 wrote:

I love it! This brought tears of joy to my eyes and certainly gave me flashbacks to when my husband proposed. What an amazing feeling and magical day that was! Congrats again beautiful Jean! Best of luck with the wedding planning:) I wish you both a lifetime of health and happiness.

32. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!

Posted 5.13.14 Reply
  33. your facial expression is the best one haha

Posted 5.13.14 Reply
  34. meme wrote:

Hi, Congrats on your engagement!!!! I'm a lurker too…funny that some many of us suddenly post on your blog 🙂

Posted 5.13.14 Reply
  35. Oh my gosh that was so sweet perfect and cute!! Congratulations!! 😀

Posted 5.13.14 Reply
  36. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!!!!! Such a sweet and creative proposal! Best wishes to you guys <3

Posted 5.13.14 Reply
  37. Congratulations Jean:)
    -blog reader of 2 years, admirer of you style.

Posted 5.13.14 Reply
  38. Congratulations!!! That's one of the most creative and cutest proposals ever!

Posted 5.13.14 Reply
  39. kateprs wrote:

long time lurker, first time commenting. I just had to say how awesome it was that Nick did something so thoughtful and special. Also, you look so cute in your gardening gear 🙂 Best wishes!

Posted 5.12.14 Reply
  40. Anonymous wrote:

Same here! Forever lurker from Manila! Best wishes to such a beautiful couple 🙂

Posted 5.12.14 Reply
  41. Oona wrote:

I love the fact that when you made one of the most important commitments in your lives, you were both wearing your work clothes. Your blog has meant a lot to me, Jean, since I've spent years trying to put together a to-scale professional look. Your ideas are a breath of fresh air. But that professional look isn't anybody's whole life. At least, it's not the whole life of people I really want to know! Once again, you show yourself to be both beautiful and practical… characteristics that will serve both of you well long after the honeymoon is over. Have a wonderful time planning your wedding, renovating your new home, and making more sweet memories.

Posted 5.12.14 Reply
  42. fab frugirl wrote:

Congratulations, Jean and Nick, on this new adventure in your life together. I've been a long-time reader of you blog, and even though your posts are always so thoughtful, informative and well-spoken, this is my favourite post! You and Nick are so adorable together and the proposal was so sweet. I love how Nick captured your reactions by strategically placing all those "spy cams". Thank you so much for sharing such a special event with us.

Wishing you and Nick a lifetime of happiness!

Posted 5.11.14 Reply
  43. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! Such a BEAUTIFUL proposal and ring of course =) Good luck with the wedding planning and have fun!

Posted 5.11.14 Reply
  44. Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! :))

What nail polish are you wearing?

Posted 5.11.14 Reply
  45. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!

Posted 5.11.14 Reply
  46. Awww so sweet! I especially love how he proposed in private and yet made it so special (and took pictures!) Congrats and best wishes to the future bride and groom!

Posted 5.11.14 Reply
  47. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!! Loved the proposal! Wish you all the happiness in the world! 🙂

Posted 5.11.14 Reply
  48. Anonymous wrote:

Congrats Jean. I am a long time follower of yours as well. Wish you guys the best.

Posted 5.10.14 Reply
  49. myhanh wrote:

Congratulations, Jean and Nick! I was so excited to learn about your engagement! I hope that you'll be able to share some of your wedding planning process with us! Enjoy your engagement and coming months! Cheers!

Posted 5.10.14 Reply
  50. wwkww wrote:

Soooooo happy for you! Congrats!

Posted 5.10.14 Reply
  51. Congratulations!!!! Know what's funny? I've only been a faithful follower for about a year, and trust your judgment in fashion.. my boyfriend and I have been living together for about 8 months and sometimes things get challanging. I read your posts, and some includes Nick where you guys coordinate outfits for various occasions… We are planning our first real vacation (being together for 4 years), 3 days in NYC, 2 days in Boston, and literally, I thought about you and Nick… then of course, my ADD mind starts to wonder when will you guys get married? Then a few days later, I saw your post on Facebook.

Congratulations!! Your blog helped me transferred from being Plain Asian Jane to just add a little color to my face. Thank you!!! Please keep this blog, not just for fashion and make up, but also share a bit of your personal life. Honestly, I love your personal blogs bc you are beautiful inside out…

Again, congratulations! Wish you guys a lifetime of happiness!! 🙂

Posted 5.10.14 Reply
  52. Cara Tang wrote:

Big Congratulations!!!! You too are the cutest couple in the world!!!!

Posted 5.10.14 Reply
  53. Anonymous wrote:

My boyfriend read your engagement story and his reactions were as follow: awwww . . . and great! I can't live up to that! Lol!!! Congratulations to the both of you. Thank you for sharing such a special moment with us. 😀

Posted 5.9.14 Reply
  54. soooooooooooo happy for you!!! you are soo cute and adorable and tiny! (pretty much very much like me) been following your blog for years but rarely comment, but this warrants a big CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! 🙂

Posted 5.9.14 Reply
  55. congratulations and all the best…

56. Anonymous wrote:

Jean, I also am a long-time follower of your blog – I read ALL of your posts :3 I just wanted to say congratulations and I wish you all the best in your engagement!

Posted 5.9.14 Reply
  57. What a wonderful proposal–I loved the wording on the packet! (I can't believe I missed this post before.) Congratulations to you and Nick!

58. Faye Y wrote:

D'awww this made me all weepy! 😀 My proposal was in a similar scenario (minus sneaky cameras), as in I was unwittingly in very unglamorous house clothes when the Sparkly was introduced into the equation. In comparison your "casual gardening clothes" looks like a fashion plate for Country & Living. XD

Congrats once again, and wishing you and Nick an awesome wedding event (and life) up ahead!

59. Christine wrote:

Congrats Jean!!! So so happy for you guys to start this new chapter in your life!!! The ring is GORGEOUS and the proposal story is one for the books 🙂

xx,
    Christine

60. Arts wrote:

Hi Jean, I'm a long time reader and love your blog. I don't often comment, but thought I should definitely mention something for this…this is the cutest and quite creative proposal. Congratulations to you both, you make such a cute pair..May you have the most fulfilling life filled with happiness and love.

61. Michelle wrote:

congrats again! thank you for sharing this special moment with your readers. I appreciate your blog and I'm always impressed with the effort and quality of your posts. thanks again 🙂

Posted 5.9.14 Reply
  62. As a long time reader who never comments, I have been wondering when you we getting engaged. I love following your blog and especially this particular entry. Congratulations to you and Nick!! Looking forward to reading about the wedding planning!! 🙂

Posted 5.9.14 Reply
  63. Awwww congrats honey. Wish you many many years ahead of love and prosperity.

Meg | Meghan Silva's Blog

64. Suzie Q wrote:

Congratulations, Jean and Nick!! I'm so happy for you guys! The proposal story is so cute and sweet, and your confused facial expression is priceless 🙂 You guys seem perfect for each other, and him being your biggest supporter shines through on your blog 🙂 Looking forward to seeing snippets of your next chapter of life on here!

Suzie Q

65. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations Jean and Nick! So happy for you two! Wish you two live happily ever after!

Posted 5.9.14 Reply
  66. Congratulations Jean! We've never met but from your post I could tell that you both are so talented and kind people and love each other very much. I wish you all the happiness! Can't wait to see the wedding pics. 🙂

67. Sasa wrote:

You two make a lovely couple. Congratulations and cheers!

68. Claud wrote:

Aww…such a Beautiful proposal, Congrats!!! Best wishes.

69. Claud wrote:

This comment has been removed by the author.

70. Anonymous wrote:

Long time reader delurking from NYC to say CONGRATS to you both.

G

Posted 5.8.14 Reply
  71. Congrats again you two! I can't wait to christen your rooftop deck with a bottle of champs and celebrate all the new beginnings this year! Love you guys!

72. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! Very happy for you both

73. Stephanie wrote:

Congratulations Jean! So happy for you 🙂 My boyfriend did something similar – he set up the DSLR while we were at a lookout on a mountain and then when he was starting to make his mini proposal speech it started to RAIN. Luckily the camera was weatherproof 😉

Posted 5.8.14 Reply
  74. Oh the onions!!! :*) I'm in tears and am so happy for you and Nick! I love the reaction shot of you! You and Nick both deserve all of the happiness and love in this world! Congratulations and wishing you endless happiness, joy, and peace! <3

75. Anonymous wrote:

Another lurker here…….Congratulations! You are a beautiful person–inside and out, and I wish you a beautiful future!

76. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations Jean and Nick!! This post was a joy to read and what a endearing proposal!

77. Congratulations!

78. Teah wrote:

Oh that was such a sweet proposal, congratulations and best wishes on your engagement!

79. Anonymous wrote:

ha ha That pic of you confused is priceless.
    Blessings.

80. Lauren wrote:

Congratulations Jean & Nick! What a sweet personal proposal, beautiful! Thank you for sharing your style and personal journey with us. Cheers!

Posted 5.8.14 Reply
  81. That is the sweetest proposal! I love the proposals where the girl is just plain confused and has to put it all together. Means so much because it meant that the guy took a lot of time to come up with a plan. Love it! Congratulations to you both!

82. Anonymous wrote:

wow…this is so very touching!! Congrats to you two!!!

Posted 5.8.14 Reply
  83. So thoughtful! Congrats, I'm so happy for you!

84. Kalena Cao wrote:

Congrats Jean! Can't wait to hear the wedding planning.

85. Wow! What a sweet a beautiful moment! Thanks for sharing 🙂

86. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations to you both – what a wonderful story to share x

Posted 5.8.14 Reply
  87. This was so sweet! Congratulations to both you and Nick! I'm so excited for your future togather! 🙂

88. Anonymous wrote:

Love the story! Love the photos! The one with you looking at the packets like, "Are you kidding me?" is hilarious. Thank you so much for sharing. Wishing you and Nick a life filled with love, happiness and laughter!

Posted 5.8.14 Reply
  89. Congratulations jenn !! such a sweet proposal.
    All the best for this new chapter in your life

xo

90. Oh my goodness! What a sweet proposal! Congratulations to both of you! 🙂

91. Brittany wrote:

Such a beautiful story! Best of luck to you and your fiance! xo

Best,
    Brittany Ritcher

92. EVA. wrote:

what a lovely story! Congrats!! Wishing you all the best <3

xx

93. Crystalin wrote:

So stinking cute! So beyond excited for you guys. Also, really love the new design, looks so fresh!

94. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations, Jean! I hv been following your blog for years and this is my first comment. I feel so happy for you. Its a very sweet proposal. Wish you and Nick start a new sweet chapter and grow old together! 🙂

Reader from Hong Kong

95. Adelia Ng wrote:

Awww…. Jean, the phrase of 'growing old together' actually means way better than 'u r my angel, my true love or my sweet heart etc'.

By saying growing old together, it really shows how serious he is in the relationship, and that he is ready and all prepared to face any hardship together with u in the future.

I can't wait to see you in your wedding gown. U will definitely be the prettiest bride ever. 🙂

Once again, Congratulations!

96. Anonymous wrote:

Such a cute and beautiful proposal! As a long-time reader/lurker, I just want say congratulations and i wish you two will be forever happy together! BTW, I laughed out loud at the cucumber part of your proposal story.

97. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!!!!!! That proposal is just so sweet and beautiful! Praying for you both as you enter this new chapter in your lives!!! Wishing you all the very best! God bless
    ~Mei Ai

98. CELINE wrote:

Congratulations Jean, wish you both all the best <3
    Such a sweet story! And your expression in the second photo is hilarious. It's like the very definition of "WTF" haha. Poor Nick!
    Congratulations again! 🙂
    Celine (another old timer reader)

99. Jen wrote:

Congratulations! And what a sweet proposal. What's great is you have that story to tell FOREVER. I've been reading your post for a few months and LOVE your style! I'm a short little thing too, 5'0" tall so I'm always thrilled to find SMALL bloggers! I'm planning to launch in December and can't wait to follow in your footsteps. 🙂 Congrats again!

Best Wishes from North Carolina,
    Jen Grano

100. Steph wrote:

Congrats Jean! *Longtime lurker here* Love the proposal story, esp your face while looking at the "seeds"! Beautiful, brought a tear to my eyes. Wishing you and Nick a lifetime of happiness!

101. Anonymous wrote:

Hi Jean,

I am a long time but quiet follower. And kind of a "senior citizen" (married for more than 10 years, two kids, enjoy gardening). But I'm so happy for you two. All the best from 10,000 miles away.

102. Unknown wrote:

Congratulations! I am very happy for you two. May you grow old happily together.

103. rosie wrote:

Amazing, Congratulation!.. all the way from London. Cant wait to read your wedding fashion blog.

104. Anonymous wrote:

I know I'm so new and you don't know me but I've been following your blog for a while because it's amazing and you're amazing! I had to say congratulations from the UK here! So happy for you, you deserve it. I can't wait for the wedding posts!!

105. Anonymous wrote:

jean! long time reader/lurker as well and wanted to say congrats!! this is one of the cutest proposal stories!!

Posted 5.8.14 Reply
  106. That is a really cute proposal story! I like the title of this post! I think it's a better title, than say, "He Went to Jared!". 🙂

Cheresa @ http://www.misshotcouture.blogspot.com

107. Anonymous wrote:

So happy for you and Nick. Congrats!!! Wishing you both the best.

-Reader in San Francisco Bay Area

108. Anonymous wrote:

So romantic! Congratulations and best wishes!

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  109. Congratulations to you both! My favorite blogger is engaged, yippi!!!

110. jeannie wrote:

Same here!

111. Anonymous wrote:

Congrats……so sweet and cute proposal……thank for sharing…please share your wedding dress with us too 🙂

112. Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  113. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Congrats! You are the cutest couple! And I love that you included the photo with your snark face, LOL! Too endearing!!!! Congrats! Please tell us all about wedding planning. I love that kind of stuff. Oh, and kudos to Nick for a very sweet and cute proposal seed packet :).

114. Courtney wrote:

That is so sweet! Congrats and God Bless your relationship. I'm so happy for you and keep doing what you're doing. You both are really great!

115. Graciela wrote:

Jean, congratulations again and thank you for sharing such a beautiful, tender proposal story, better yet Nick's creative way of documenting it! May your life be full of blessings each and everyday of your life together.
    Regards,

116. Yi's Home wrote:

Congratulations!

117. Anonymous wrote:

Dear Jean, I am one of your long reader but too shy to leave something… not to this post … this is such a sweet , thoughtful and romantic proposal. It brought tears to my eyes… Big congrats to both of you ! ~ Saring

118. halyInNoVa wrote:

Must be one of my all time favorite proposals, so thoughtful and sweet. I'm so happy for you both.

119. lily wrote:

Congrats!! 🙂

120. Faith wrote:

Congratulations, Jean and Nick! Such a charming story and thank you for sharing it. :o)

Your long-time reader

121. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!!!

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  122. Congratulations Jean! Reading your post reminded me how my fiance proposed to me too, in the most unconventional manner and I must have had the same look when you were trying to get something done. Best wishes to you!

123. Nathy F. wrote:

I cried.
    Such an original proposal.
    The message on that seed package really got me.
    I wish you both a lifetime of happiness. <3

124. Jackie wrote:

So sweet! Congratulations, Jean!!

125. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! This is so awesome. What a moving and funny proposal story, too! — Jen

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  126. what a thoughtful proposal and how great that he caught it all on camera! congrats to you both!

127. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations, Jean & Nick! You two make a sweet couple. Wishing you much love and happiness! Thank you for sharing your wonderful proposal story with us. I love your facial expression in the second photo, Jean 🙂

128. april wrote:

Congratulations!..this is such a cute story

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  129. That's definitely a creative proposal thought out by Nick. Congratulations to the both of you again!

130. Anonymous wrote:

Many, many congratulations! I've been reading your blog for a long time and I've always thought that from afar your relationship seems playful, respectful, lovely and sweet. I love being married – best wishes on a lifetime journey together!!

131. Natalie wrote:

Congrats! I have been reading your blog for a while now 🙂

132. Anonymous wrote:

Conrats! And I love the new site!

133. NNBB wrote:

Congratulations! So sweet, would love to read Nick's account of the proposal, if he could do a guest post:)

134. Diana wrote:

I am also a lurker, but just had to surface to say Congratulations! The proposal was so sweet! It made me tear up. Thank you for sharing! Wish you and Nick all the best and happiness!

135. Alice wrote:

Congratulations! Found your blog a few months ago and have been inspired by your creativity and style–thank you for sharing it with all of us! Best wishes to you and Nick, you are such a beautiful couple, I look forward to reading about your wedding plans and travel!

136. V GPetite wrote:

I've been a long time silent reader. But this is huge news so I want to stop by and say big congratulations to you and Nick! Best wishes for the next chapter of your life! : ). Congrats, again, Jean and Nick!!

137. Nina wrote:

another reader delurking to say congratulations! what a lovely, sweet, and funny proposal story! 🙂

138. Anonymous wrote:

this is such a sweet proposal….love it .. its so creativity, thoughtful, intimate and sweet! Although i dont know you i wish you nothing but happiness, joy, and prosperity in your union! God Bless

139. An wrote:

Congratulations! You two are so beautiful together!

An

140. Anonymous wrote:

Just wanted to delurk and say congrats to you both! Love the proposal and how Nick captured your reaction! ~Mellee

141. jo wrote:

I'm also a longtime reader/lurker who is coming out of hiding to say congratulations! This is one of my favorite blogs and I'm very happy for you and Nick. I also hope you share your wedding planning experience. =)

142. Congratulations! 🙂

143. lisa wrote:

Congratulations Jean and Nick!! I wish you two all the best as you guys embark on a new chapter in your lives together 🙂 Thank you for sharing your intimate moment with us!

144. B's mommy wrote:

congratulations!! so happy for you! and what an awesome journey you both have ahead!

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  145. Congratulations, Jean and Nick!!! I'm so happy for you guys!
    What a creative and sweet way to propose. It's great that he was able to surprise you, and capture so much of it on film.
    My sister and I are both longtime readers and fans of your blog, and we're both super excited for you!
    Thank you for sharing your cute story with us!

146. R wrote:

Another long-time lurker here, who also remembers Petite Asian Boy fondly 🙂 So happy for you both! What a sweet and clever proposal. Congratulations!

147. AlexisB wrote:

A big congratulations to you! Can't wait to see the wedding fashion related posts.

148. caroline wrote:

congrats, jean!! that's amazing. 🙂 so happy for you both!

149. Dice wrote:

Congratulations, Jean and Nick! I was wondering if you were engaged as I saw Kelly mention something on IG a couple of days ago. However, I didn't see you post anything on IG at that time so I assumed I must have misread the comment. I'm a long time reader of yours. I'm so happy for you both and wish you both the best.

Nick's proposal was so clever! ^_^

150. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations Jean and Nick!!! I am a long time reader of yours. I just want you to know that I'm super happy for you both!! You guys make such a lovely couple. May God Blesses you both with many many wonderful loving years together!!!

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  151. Your "why would I do that" face is PRICELESS. What a thoughtful way to propose!!!! You two are such a beautiful couple! Best wishes to you!

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  152. Recent reader here. Best wishes to you both! What a creative and sweet way to propose.

153. Marmander wrote:

Congratulations!!! Wishing you all the best and can't wait to see your wedding related posts!

154. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing the sweet engagement story with us. Can't wait to see more wedding planning posts!

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  155. I'm so happy for the two of you! Congratulations!!

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  156. Aww… how sweet!! Congratulations!!

157. Anonymous wrote:

Hi Jean I've been reading your blog religiously but never made any comments. Big congratulations and wish you all the best! Can't wait to read your wedding dress post:) 恭喜恭喜!

158. Julie wrote:

OMG, congratulations! This is the cutest post ever. What sneaky idea! I love it.

Seriously, congrats. You two seem super happy together.

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  159. Congrats! – would love see up close pictures of your ring!

160. Laura wrote:

Amazing!! Congratulations Jane

161. Jessy T wrote:

Congratulations, Jean! This is the best news I read all week! I'm so happy for you and Nick and I look forward to reading about your wedding plans. Cute new blog layout, by the way!

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  162. Congratulations! You two are so lucky to have each other. =)

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  163. CONGRATS!!!! I am SOOOOO happy for you, Jean!! I canNOT wait for your updates on wedding planning! 🙂

Jenny
    ww.chibistk.com

164. Anonymous wrote:

congratulations from a person who never leaves comments!! I have learned a lot of fashion tips from you and appreciate your hard work!!!

165. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations, Jean, from another long-time reader!! I have never commented before but really appreciate your blog. Many blessings to you and Nick as you start this new chapter!

166. Diana wrote:

Congratulations! so happy for the both of you!

167. Betty Chan wrote:

So cute jean! Congratulations !!

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  168. This is so funny and sweet! You two deserve each other, Jean! Congratulations .:)

169. grace wrote:

What a cute proposal. Nick seems like a great catch. 🙂 Congratulations Jean!!

170. Anly Beck wrote:

Thank you for sharing this with us! My tears were in my eyes when I saw "Let's grow old together". It is very touching! Congratulations to you two again!

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  171. Best wishes to the two of you!

172. Anonymous wrote:

Congrats Jean! Nick did such a good job with the proposal! Simply too cute! Loved that he was able to get photos of the whole thing as well 🙂 Cant wait to see how you style your wedding! Congrats again!

173. Ann wrote:

So adorable!! <333 Congrats!!! :))))))

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  174. Congratulations! This is one of the cutest and most creative proposal stories I ever heard. I haven't left a comment in ages but have been reading your blog. If growing plants/veggies make you feel like a senior citizen. Look at my backyard, I am a "true" senior citizen..haha. Congrats again, Jeans.

Nelah

175. DSK Steph wrote:

Congratulations to you both!! ^_^

176. Anonymous wrote:

So so happy for you! I've been a long time reader and I love you!
    The pictures are awesome! And the one of your face when you're looking at the seed packets is hilarious!
    This is the cutest proposal! I wish you both all the best and all the happiness in the world!

-Uyen

177. JTse wrote:

congrats jean! so happy for you guys 🙂

178. Judy wrote:

Congratulations to both of you!!! You always seemed like such a great couple – thank you for sharing this next big step with all of us, your loyal readers! Nick really did an incredible job capturing the moment with his spy-cam setup. Looking forward to watching the wedding planning!

179. Becky wrote:

Dear Jean,
    I've followed your cute little blog for a while and love it, and cannot be happier for your engagement. This is such an adorable proposal and I'm glad you got it all on camera! "Harvest Forever" is so sweet, may you two grow old happily together.

180. Anonymous wrote:

Another long time reader who has never commented, popping in to say that this post and the story of you and Nick make me genuinely happy. I don't think I've ever been this excited for the engagement of two people I've never met! Congratulations to you both, for finding such wonderful partners to go through life together, and best of luck with both the wedding and beyond!

181. Lurker #2 wrote:

Me too! This is my favorite blog, and now one of my favorite proposal stories. Congratulations and best wishes to you both!

182. Olivia wrote:

How lovely! – Congratulations to you both!

183. Evelyn wrote:

Jean, I've been a long time reader, and have even gotten my friends into reading your wonderful blog. Although this is my first time commenting, I feel like I've gotten to "know" you and Nick throughout the years – so reading this blog post was like hearing a old friend has gotten engaged! Congratulations and I wish you guys a lifetime of happiness together.

184. Annis K. wrote:

Very thoughtful. Congratulations Jean and Nick!

185. grace wrote:

Congratulations Jean, to you and Nick! What a heartwarming, unique and intimate proposal. I absolutely love it. You two are adorable. Wishing you the best in wedding planning 🙂 And many more years of happiness, health and laughter ahead to the both of you. I hope you'll share with us your journey of wedding planning and this new chapter ahead for you.

I can only hope I can find a sweet man of mine one day =) This girl is growing old by herself 😛

186. Ana wrote:

Jean, congratulations again to both you and Nick! What an exciting time for you as both new homeowners and now as you plan your wedding! I know many people say they "feel" married to their partners, but I will never forget how excited and thrilled and emotional I felt when I saw my now husband down on bended knee. Nor the look on his face as I walked down the aisle towards him during our wedding. You and Nick have been through many milestones and there are many waiting for you still. I love the "Grow Old With Me" theme, my husband said the same: Grow old with me, the best is yet to be. He was right and I hope you and Nick have only nothing but best moments ahead. Best Wishes for a very prosperous future!

187. NDTran wrote:

Congratulations to you and Nick! First, congratulations on your recent engagement, but also on being a homeowner! You both are very inspiring individuals. I have been following your blog for years and was fortunate enough to meet you at a recent Ann Taylor event in the Prudential. I wish you both the best of luck on your new adventure.

I hope you keep us in the loop with your wedding planning. I have to mention that your face face is hilarious in the second photo.

188. Di wrote:

Congratulations and what a creative proposal by Nick. I love the photo of you when he suggested you plant the cucumbers. Ha! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!

Di
    clickclackdiaries.com

189. Bela Anzu wrote:

Jean, thanks for sharing your romantic engagement story with us. I love how Nick was able to catch you off guard, while you were focused on home renovations and planting. It was touching how he was able to capture your candid expressions on camera – love the look of disgust when you saw the cucumber seeds! Did he place the cameras on timers so that he could enjoy the moment too? If so, I'm impressed with how well he timed it!

I was introduced to fashion blogs when Jen "FrmHeadtoToe" wrote on her blog that you were one of her favourite petite fashion blogs. At that time, I didn't really know what that meant, but I'm glad I checked out your website. I've been following your blog for the past four years and this is probably my favourite blog entry you've shared.

I'm glad Nick and you found each other and I wish both of you the best in this next chapter of your lives.

190. Anonymous wrote:

Long time reader/fan, just had to de-lurk and say CONGRATULATIONS both to the engagement and condo! Such a creative and amazing proposal! Best wishes for a lifetime of love and happiness!!

191. Miss Der wrote:

Jean, I've been reading you since I moved to NY from the Midwest almost 3 years ago! I loved your blog so much, I even back-trekked and read all your old posts as well! I also met you 1x at Tasty Hand Pulled Noodles a year ago in NY!

This is so sweet and adorable–congratulations! I'm so excited for both of you! Thanks for sharing!

192. Anonymous wrote:

I am a loyal follower of your blog, though I've never left comments before. However, I couldn't NOT pop out to say a huge congratulations to you and Nick! I absolutely love his proposal. So creative. And your face of confusion is priceless. You two are adorable, and I wish you both a lifetime of happiness. You'll be a stunning bride for sure, Jean.

193. CL wrote:

Congratulations Jean, I am super excited for you on your new journey! Thank you so much for sharing this with us and good luck with everything! Hope he helps you with planting those seeds ^_^

194. Wanderlust wrote:

Congrats!!! What a beautiful story! I LOVE your expression upon seeing the cucumber seed 🙂

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  195. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and wish you both a lifetime of happiness! 🙂

196. Anonymous wrote:

BEST, SINCEREST CONGRATULATIONS!!! MAY YOU HAPPY FOREVER!!!

197. r wrote:

Congratulations! =)

198. Jenn wrote:

I loved the seed packet with the ring! How creative!

I wish both of the you the best in starting your new lives together.

199. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!!

200. mak54321 wrote:

That is a awesome! Congrats to both of you!!

201. nikute101 wrote:

That is really sweet, congrats.

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  202. Congratulations–both on the engagement and your first condo!! I think it's so cute that he asked if you wanted to keep your normal outfit on. You guys will be such a gorgeous couple going down the aisle!

203. asimy wrote:

Congratulations! That was incredibly beautiful and sweet. Best of luck with everything!!!

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  204. So cute and creative! Congratulations to you both!!

205. carol wrote:

Congratulations! I'm happy for you both. I pray blessing for you and your fiancé! You've been a blessing in my life especially fashion-wise and helped me build my confidence so… thanks a lot for that. 🙂 I'm sure you will make each other happy! Make sure you never lose the magic… whatever it is that make you both click. Laugh everyday and have adventures together 🙂

Félicitations pour votre engagement!

206. Helen Q. Tang wrote:

Beautiful story! I wish you guys a long and happy life together.

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  207. Congrats Jean! Thank you for sharing your proposal with us! Very sweet and cute! Can't wait to see all the details and planning!

208. Yang Wang wrote:

omg congratulations it's such a lovely story. I am a huge fan of yours and have been reading your blog for 2 years but never left a message. Wish you and Nick be happy forever. Can't wait to see the wedding~~

209. Carolyn wrote:

Congratulations! I too met my husband freshman year of college and after 7+ years of dating, we've been married now for another 7 happy years. Kudos to Nick for planning such a sweet and private proposal and even better, capturing all the candid moments. You two are already amazing partners (as evident by this blog) and will undoubtedly continue to enjoy a wonderful life together!

210. TARA wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Thank you for sharing your story 🙂

211. Tang wrote:

Congratulations! Such a sweet story and great idea!

212. MissA* wrote:

I've been reading your blog for more than 2 years and have never left any comments here. Congratulations to both of you, Jean! I saw the photo on your Instagram the other day and that put a smile on my face. So happy for you 🙂

213. Janki wrote:

Thank you for sharing this story. It's amazing how even when couples are together for a "long time", the proposal is still exciting, nerve-wracking and full of emotion. My husband and I were together for slightly over 3 years when he proposed (we just celebrated anniversary 11). Even though I knew we'd get married, that day was still special and he admits that he was nervous.

I've always been a huge fan of your blog and consider you a friend I've yet to meet. Enjoy this wonderful time. I will warn you not to go Pinterest crazy (so glad that wasn't invented when I was planning my wedding)

Have you gotten used to calling him the "fiancé" yet? Oddly enough, in a while, your finger will feel so weird WITHOUT the ring.

Congratulations again. I hope you continue to share bits about the planning, etc.

214. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! Being married is the best! I love your blog and do not comment often, but this deserves one! xxx from a non-petite reader

215. miamia1416 wrote:

Coming out from my lurker corner to say congratulations! The engagement story with the candid pictures was amazing and made me laugh. You are by far my favorite blogger and I wish you the most beautiful life together!

216. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! What a beautiful and thoughtful proposal 🙂

217. Emilia wrote:

Super creative proposal! I just got engaged myself so I can feel the elation, haha. Best wishes to you both!

218. Anonymous wrote:

congratulations! you fixed your hair for the last picture!

219. Paige Ma wrote:

Congratulations! What a clever way of proposing, and beautiful pictures captured as well. I'm a huge fan of your blog, and love all your classy and creative outfit combinations, and as a former Boston resident, it's been fun to see landmarks I'm familiar with. Best of luck to you both!

220. Unknown wrote:

beautiful story for a beautiful couple

221. I love this!! congrats to both of you — this is such an exciting time! 🙂

222. Anonymous wrote:

Been reading your wonderful blog, but haven't commented. But wanted to take this opportunity to wish the two of you a big congrats!

223. Elle Park wrote:

Congratulations Jean and Nick! You're such a beautiful couple and individuals and thank you so much for sharing with your readers and avid fans!

224. bizzie wrote:

This comment has been removed by the author.

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  225. Congratulations! I love the look on your face in the second picture. Very sweet and an original proposal.

226. Sam Cole wrote:

Congratulations to you both and such a cute and sweet thought of how Nick prepared everything and the fact that it was all captured was even more priceless. I wish you both lifetime of happiness.

xo
    Sam

227. Anonymous wrote:

I'm also a long-time lurker! I read your blog way before Petite Asian Boy surfaced! Like other of your readers I was LONGING for this to happen. I'm elated that this finally happened! PAB did wonders with the seeds, for sure. His proposal tops my 'most creative and well captured proposals' list. I wish you both happiness, wealth, health and much more! Congratulations!

228. wtiger9 wrote:

Congratulations! What a sweet and creative way for him to propose. I just cried reading it.

229. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations to you and Nick!!! There are no words that capture what a wonderful time this is in your life–Wishing you both an eternity of happiness!

230. Anonymous wrote:

Oh that's beautiful! I love proposals and to have it all captured on camera is priceless! Wishing you both the very best for the future, you make a beautiful couple! I highly recommend marriage, it's not every day you meet your soul mate and best friend!

231. Adriana wrote:

Congratulations Jean!!!! That is such a cute proposal! Love your face at the request of planting cucumbers 🙂

232. Anonymous wrote:

I've been a lazy reader (i.e. haven't commented in the past…sorry ><) but I love your blog and just wanted to say congratulations! Thanks for sharing your photos of what has to be the cutest proposal ever and best wishes for you both!

233. Anonymous wrote:

I've also been a long-time lurker and have only commented once or twice. Congratulations to both you and Nick. So happy for the two of you. =D

-Wentz-

234. Amy Chen wrote:

That is so creative!!! Props to him. And I really like even though you are so good with fashion that your proposal was when you were in your grubbies — it's down to earth and I love that you were thrown off because it was the wrong time to plant cucumbers. Love it! Congrats!!

235. Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! So happy for the both of you! I love the expression on your face in the second photo like "what? Are you crazy?" I assume its during the cucumber bit. =D

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  236. 😀 I'm so happy for you both! I was about to ask if you re-created the event but then realized what Nick did setting up all the cameras 😛 haha I love that you didn't really "get" what was going on 😉 Congratulations again!

237. Mindy wrote:

congrats! That is the sweetest and cutest proposal. The picture of you confused is priceless.

238. Celena wrote:

Congrats! I've been following your blog for a few years now and it's great to see PAB pop the question 🙂 Wishing you guys the best!

239. KDot wrote:

This brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy for you both!

240. Anonymous wrote:

Another long time lurker here. That is such a cute proposal and you guys have it photographed. Your expression on that confused pic made me laugh out loud. Congratulations on starting a new chapter of your life. You two make an adorable couple. Nick should guest post on his side of the story? It'd be a great read. Congrats again!!

241. Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATS!!!! 🙂

242. Anonymous wrote:

Another long time lurker, but I just had to offer you my biggest congratulations!!! You make the most beautiful couple. All the best in this new, exciting adventure!

243. Colleen wrote:

…And I'm crying. That is SO CUTE!!! Congratulations!

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  244. Congratulations Jean and Nick! I'm so happy for you both and excited to see the next part of your lives together

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  245. Soooo cute! Congratulations!
    I love engagements, my sister recently got engaged too!
    xx

246. louis wrote:

when we moved into our new house, we practically lived at home depot. that would have been a funny proposal but i'm glad he waited. this is such a cute story, and will be a beautiful memory (captured with creativity) for you both. congratulations!!! xo

247. Cher wrote:

So sweet, Jean!! Congratulations! I'm so thrilled for you!!

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  248. Aw, this is such a cute way to propose! Congrats to you both, I can't wait to hear about all of the wedding planning 🙂

249. Jen wrote:

Unexpected and intimate proposals are the best kind! What a perfect, perfect proposal. Bravo Nick!!!! Congratulations to the two of you and I absolutely cannot wait to see your wedding story come together! (And hurry and finish those renovations so Ben and I can sneak over to Boston and celebrate in person!) GIANT HUGS!!!!!

250. Amy wrote:

This is by far the most adorable proposal I've ever seen.The look on your face is priceless hahaha. It would've been a shame if that moment hadn't been captured :'D Anyway, congratulations! You guys look great together (:

251. Anonymous wrote:

Beautiful!! Best wishes to both of you, not just on your wedding day, but to your future life together <3

252. Anonymous wrote:

congratulation, even though I just read you blog, I love your style, but don't forget to tell your love ones the good news, my daughter never told me when she was engage or went to registered, only told me the wedding date, I wish you the best.

253. Anonymous wrote:

OMG I'm crying….. This is just so touching and wonderful. I've been reading your blog for a long time but never commented. Congrats! I've always loved how you truthfully present everything, and I believed a girl like you deserved the best!

254. Angie J. wrote:

Oh my god awww this is so adorable! CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH. You two are the cutest 😀

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  255. Your "WTF" face is just too adorable. Congratulations! I hope to see lots of wedding planning posts!

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  256. this is the sweetest proposal! congratulations!!

257. Astrid wrote:

Hi Jean, I have been reading your blog for such a long time (you're my favorite blogger), but never commented. On this occasion however I 'd like to wish you all the best for a long and happy life together! Big congrats from The Netherlands!

258. How extremely cute with the different cameras!! 😀 Congrats! 😀

259. Chantelle wrote:

OMG congratulations this is SOOO ADORABLE! I love how sneaky he was, and you TOTALLY DIDN'T expect it. Aahhahahah those are the best ones!

260. Such a cute proposal! I'm so happy for you guys!! <3

261. Carla Krae wrote:

So sweet. Nice ring, too.

Will you share the process of looking for a dress? My one time trying on wedding dresses as a petite, everything was huge on me, even one marked a "0". This was back in the late '90s, though, so I hope there are more sizes available to petite brides now. I ended up talking to a seamstress for a custom dress back then (before the engagement ended).

So I'm wishing you lots of luck! My younger sister and a friend's daughter both found their dresses over last weekend with ease and I hope your search will go just as smoothly.

Congrats again!

262. Minnie Moy wrote:

Congrats Jean! You guys are so awesome together!

263. Anonymous wrote:

Wow… this is so creative! Congrats to the both of you! Wish you the best!!!

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  264. Cutest proposal and the sweetest relationship it sounds like. So happy for you and wish you a happy life together. Congratulations!!

Mei

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  265. Congrats on your union. This is absolutely adorable.

266. Tina wrote:

One of the best proposal stories ever. Kudos to Nick! Wish you two all the best.

267. Maria L. wrote:

Congratulations!! This warms my heart so much and I couldn't be more happier for the both of you! The pictures are beautiful and I admit I have a few tears in my eyes! Wishing you and Nick all the best for the future 🙂

268. Anonymous wrote:

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I have been reading your blog for maybe three years now, and am so happy for you both. Pics are beautiful, as always. Congratulations.

269. L L wrote:

That was so sweet! I am so happy for you. Congrats Jean!

270. Deena A wrote:

I've been reading your blog for around 2 yrs, but rarely commented. Thank you for sharing bits and pieces of your life with us. I do wish I could meet you because you seem like an amazing person, and no doubt you and Nick will have a very happy life together =) many many congratulations to you both! You will be such a beautiful bride! =')

271. Anonymous wrote:

Big congrats! Such a cute proposal story!

272. Lili Marie wrote:

awwwwwwww congratulations again!!!!!!! So happy for you!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing your engagement story, such a wonderful way to propose 🙂

All the best wishes your way, you'll be a stunning bride 🙂

PS: Wish I looked that good in my manual labor scrubs haha!

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  273. aw, what a sweet proposal story! thanks for sharing.

jenn @ hello, rigby!

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  274. You two are absolutely adorable!! I love the "WTF?!!" expression on your face!! And Nick is too cute with his insistence on those cucumber seeds!! Congratulations Jean and Nick!!

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  275. SO so adorable. Your fiance is such a smart man with good taste, not only in women but rings clearly 🙂 I wish you so much happiness Jean! Please please share wedding planning details and the big day!

Grace

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  276. Again, congratulations!!! Thanks for sharing with us, and yay!!

277. Joyce wrote:

Your confused face in that picture is priceless! Nonetheless this post warmed my heart and made me tear up (okay I'm lying I cried). So happy for you two, congrats!!! 🙂 Wish you all the best

278. Karen wrote:

SO SWEET!!! I am beaming from ear to ear, thank you so much for letting us share this beautiful moment with you!

279. Olivia wrote:

That is so adorable. Congratulations!

280. andrea wrote:

Such an adorable engagement story! Congrats!!!! Oh, and I LOVE your expression in the second photo, that's priceless! 🙂

xoxo,
    Andrea

281. Margaux wrote:

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you two. This made my day. Thank you for sharing your story with us!

282. Anonymous wrote:

Congrats Jean and Nick! Such a cute story!

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  283. I am so happy for you and Nick! I love the pictures. They are priceless. The proposal was very creative and super adorable. Thank you for sharing. I wish you two the lot of happiness.

284. Anonymous wrote:

It's funny because I clearly remember just a few days ago wondering when you and Nick would get married because it's been a while… very sweet and creative proposal, Nick! Enjoy every moment from here to forever. Can't wait to see your future wedding posts!

285. Anonymous wrote:

Awwww happy tears to one of my fave bloggers! Congratulations Jean and Nick!! You deserve all the happiness!

*Such a creative proposal btw, Nick (Good job!) haha

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  286. Congratulation, you guys are such a cute couple.

287. morabbiton wrote:

so lovely. Congratulations!!

288. Shinee wrote:

This is so cute! Gave me goose-bumps. Congratulations Jean and Nick!!!

289. Chou wrote:

Congratulations!!! Such a sweet and intimate proposal 🙂

290. heyxgrace wrote:

I honestly couldn't be happier for you and can I just say, how LONG I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS TO HAPPEN? It was so obvious to everyone how perfect you two were so I guess I was starting to get impatient FOR you lol

I love the whole "spycam" thing. He was surprisingly sly! And how adorable of him to propose in such a way. I am GUSHING with excitement for you two! 🙂

291. Nicolle wrote:

Congrats, Jean! Thanks for sharing your sweet engagement story! 🙂

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  292. What a sweet proposal…love these photos – so real!

Congrats!

Alice

293. kat wrote:

Seriously adorable and I love the pictures! They are amazing. Congrats!

294. T Bui wrote:

Congratulations Jean! I've been following your blog for a while and really enjoy reading your blog. The proposal is so cute and I'm glad he caught the moment on camera. Love your expression in the second picture, made me laugh. Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness.

295. Claire wrote:

Congratulations! Wishing you a long, happy marriage & looking forward for stylish read about wedding planning.

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  296. So cute!!!! Congratulations! So happy for both of you!
    xoxo

Le monde des petites

297. Jennifer wrote:

What a beautiful proposal!! Congrats to the both of you 🙂 <3

298. Anonymous wrote:

Awwww so cute! Congratulations! 🙂

299. Dee wrote:

Aww beautiful story! Congratulations!!

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  300. Congratulations and best wishes!

Liz @ http://www.shoppingmycloset.com

301. Carolyn wrote:

That is so beautiful and sweet!! Congratulations and best wishes to you both on your engagement, Jean and Nick!

302. Emy wrote:

Aww, that's so lovely! Congratulations to the two of you! And wish you a lovely new journey together.

303. Pi wrote:

YAY!!! I was lurking this weekend and lurking some more yesterday hoping for a new post, and then this!! Congratulations!!

304. Sophia Jih wrote:

Congratulations, Jean! I admit that I'm also a long-time lurker (I remember back to the Petite Asian Boy April Fools post), but wanted to come out of the woodwork to wish you the best for the future.

305. Elysia wrote:

Oh my gosh. I think this is one of the cutest proposals I’ve ever seen. Your reaction and recount are fantastic. Congratulations to you and Nick!

P.S. We have similar taste in typefaces. 🙂

306. Michelle R wrote:

"aise" :/

307. Lin wrote:

Been a long time reader of your blog and youtube subscriber. So happy for you! what a sweet proposal!

308. Michelle R wrote:

Home Depot plumbing isle proposal would have been hilarious!! I love the confused picture. :p Big thumbs up to Nick for all the spy cams! Congrats you two! 🙂

309. Petite-ish wrote:

D'aww!!! Nick did such a nice job… what a great plan, only to be thrwarted by your oblivion haha! Love these photos and they're just like our pictures, except ours only had our heads, but yours have your heads cut off. That's how you know it's real.

310. aquav87 wrote:

Another long-time lurker coming out to wish you and Nick congratulations!!! Such a sweet, genuine proposal!

311. Jessica wrote:

omg what a great story! im laughing to myself right now about how you kept thinking he was so weird while he was trying to set it all up (this seems to be a recurring theme in all my friends' engagement stories too haha). i love how your nails were nicely done for the occasion though! =P congrats to you both and congrats on the condo too!!!

312. via wrote:

Longtime lurker as well, but wanted to wish you and Nick the best of luck as you start on this new chapter together. Looking forward to your wedding prep posts – please please don't hold out on us! lol

313. Miriam wrote:

This is such a sweet proposal! Nick is so creative! You still manage to look pretty despite the working clothes. You guys are so cute! Congratulations on your engagement!

314. Loretta wrote:

yay. congrats!

315. Serene Lew wrote:

Such a beautiful proposal! He is such a wonderful and romantic man!

316. Mary Ann wrote:

I'm happy for you Jean – I've thought (for years) that you two makes such a cute couple! 😉

317. Drowsy 1 wrote:

Big congrats! You facial expression on seeing packets of seeds was priceless.
    Right before my BF (now Hubby) proposed to me on the beach, he put his paper coffee cup down. I also had a disgusted facial expression like "why are you littering?!" Now it just makes me laugh 🙂 Enjoy the new chapter of you life!

318. Anna wrote:

Jean, I am so so happy for you! So glad you chose to share with us the details of the proposal. I've seen Nick's instagram from time to time through yours and am not surprised that he was so creative in his proposal. (:

319. Hi Jean,
    I've been reading your blog but never left any comment. I'm truly happy for you and big congrats to you both xx

320. Chiyong wrote:

Best wishes and congratulations!

321. kimmie wrote:

I can't stop laughing at that second picture. So priceless! what a special engagement and congratulations, Jean! you two are seriously such a beautiful and perfect couple, and I'm so happy for you two!!! 🙂

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  322. Such a beautiful and creative proposal…love the secret cameras recording the proposal! Am so happy for you both – you're a beautiful couple – inside and out <3

323. Abby wrote:

Very creative! Congrats! What wonderful things you have to say about Nick, and how nice that you have known one another for that long and have seen eachother come into your own as you have.

Love that facial expression…I don't believe we've seen that one in any of your previous blog photos. Ha!

324. Demi wrote:

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU, JEAN!! Congratulations forever, that is such a sweet, thoughtful proposal and I can only dream that I'll have something like that in store for me one day.

325. Jenny B. wrote:

This is absolutely beautiful Jean! Thank you for sharing the proposal story and the biggest congratulations to you and Nick!

326. Quiana wrote:

What a sweet proposal! Hooray for college sweethearts! I met my husband when we were both 18 in college as well at a BU party (he went to BC and I went to Wellesley) and 15 years later still going strong. Wishing you a lifetime a happiness!

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  327. That is such an awesome proposal! Congratulations!!!

Jenn
    A Petite Treat

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  328. Jean I'm soooo happy for you and nick. Can't wait to see how you plan your wedding.

329. Olyvia wrote:

OMG! Congrats Jean!!! The stories of you and Nick always have me laughing. You two have the funniest humor on the fashion blog world (still remembering Petite Asian Boy). The seed packet thing is so sweet and clever of Nick! The look on your confused or "what the heck?" face when he handed you the seed packets is priceless, hahaha! So cute! Congrats again! Hope to see some tips on wedding attire for petites to come 🙂

330. irugnotmis wrote:

thanks for sharing, congrats again!!

331. jenbe.me wrote:

what a creative proposal! 🙂 congratulations!!

332. caitlyn wrote:

Delurking to say congratulations!!! What a wonderful proposal. Thanks for sharing with us!

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  333. that is so sweet! congratulations and best wishes!

334. H wrote:

Congratulations!! I'm also a long time lurker/reader. So happy for you guys! 🙂

Posted 5.7.14 Reply
  335. Congratulations Jean! I am a long time lurker but I wanted to "surface" to wish you best of luck!

336. Laura wrote:

Jean! That is the cutest proposal story! I love all the action shots he was sneaky enough to catch on camera. That's such a clever way to ask for you to be his forever. I wish you both the best. You are so lucky to have each other. Congrats!

xo Laura Saur

337. Vickai! wrote:

OMG this is SOOOOO cute and sweet! CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!

Get the newsletter!

What updates would you like?