Pink ponte + distressed denim

pink blazer boyfriend jeans3Old Navy blazer (also in navy in reg/petite/ tall, runs small), Gap jeans (darker wash

Happy Friday! I’ve been burying my head at work so apologize for this belated review. This Old Navy “sweatshirt” blazer from last winter was one of my comfiest and most-worn pieces, so I was thrilled to see it brought back in new colors. Most petite sizes in the bouquet pink color are now sold out online (look out for pop-backs) but you can do an quick “Find in Store” search online for the regular sizing. The fit is very shrunken so the regular sizing may actually fit similar to petite blazers from other brands.pink blazer boyfriend jeans5Please note that sizing on this jacket runs small and short, and I wouldn’t recommend the petite for anyone over 5’1.” Several ladies have mentioned their usual size was too small and a few have also noted that it feels even snugger than last season. Like its predecessor, the cut is not perfect as the torso is a little square and boxy, but for an off-the-rack fit I can’t really complain.pink blazer boyfriend jeans2
This season’s version (or could be just the pink) feels slightly stiffer, and upon a closer look I noticed the material composition has changed. My grey one is 97% cotton, 7% polyester, whereas the pink is 73% poly, 20% rayon, and 7% spandex – bummer about this change! Also I want to note that darker patterns worn underneath may show through the light pink color.pink blazer boyfriend jeansCare is still labeled as machine wash and dry which I love, since dry cleaning costs for daily blazer wear have been adding up! I would recommend laying flat to dry over machine drying, however, because of likely shrinkage for this type of material.
pink blazer boyfriend jeans4Measurements of XS petite: across shoulder 12.75″, across armpits 14,” length down the back 19,” sleeve length 20.5.” The sleeves of the petite hit me short of my wristbone so may be bracelet length on those with longer arms. The back is slightly fitted as shown below and has a bottom vent. Material has stretch and pockets are functional.pink blazer boyfriend jeans1

42 thoughts on “Pink ponte + distressed denim

• Binh C. May 30, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Love the look. The new version of this blazer is not made of cotton and polyester but with polyester, rayon and spandex.

• Mei Fleming May 30, 2014 at 12:40 pm

Such a darling classic look! Love the pink blazer with leopard heels.

• Dressed with soul May 30, 2014 at 1:38 pm

Another outfit which is absolutely my taste! And you inspired me again as I have fortunately similar pieces in my closet, thanks for that <3
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

• Ashley May 30, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Love the blush pink blazer!!! xx

• Jovana Bovan May 30, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Like! 🙂

• Anonymous May 30, 2014 at 2:30 pm

Where is the shirt from?

• Graciela May 30, 2014 at 3:02 pm

This is so classy, soft, beautiful! Jean you are such a beautiful girl too!
    Regards,
    Graciela

• Anonymous May 30, 2014 at 3:18 pm

I bought the pink blazer too. The material composite changed but it feels surprisingly expensive. I love to see more outfits styled around the pretty pink blazer.

• A Golden Tulip May 30, 2014 at 3:31 pm

Love the powder pink color…too bad about the material change though… Love the overall look..

xo

• Pretty Purple May 30, 2014 at 4:11 pm
  • Miss Hot Couture May 30, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Tried this on in the store recently… I normally wear PXS and it didn't even fit. A regular medium fit but I did try this on in the navy color. Not sure if the pink would differ.

• pumpkinmommy May 30, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Functional cut pockets with flaps at that price range are an amazing bargain. I would be all over this piece if I lived in the right part of the world.

• Jamie May 30, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Where is your pretty, white blouse from?

• Anonymous May 31, 2014 at 12:13 am

Jean, do you think you could share your skincare routine? You always look so lovely and radiant!

• Anonymous May 31, 2014 at 12:31 am

Jean- A co-worker of mine has been asking about your skincare and makeup routine as well. Please share!

• Anonymous May 31, 2014 at 9:46 am

Hi Jean! I noticed in one of the posts you linked that you had mentioned you were considering shapewear – did you ever come to a conclusion? I've been looking at Spanx lately for all the pencil skirts etc that I wear, and am hesitant about the costs. Would love to hear your input!

• Anonymous May 31, 2014 at 11:39 am

Hey, I love the shirt, can you tell me where is it from? Thanks..

• Anonymous May 31, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Lovely blazer and lovely color 😉 I'm from Finland and I'm your size and feeling so relaxed reading your blog. It makes me tired to hear how tiny I am, but your tips have helped me a lot. Nice that you put photos how to modify clothes to the right fit 🙂

• Anna May 31, 2014 at 11:59 pm

When did you change your tagline? And why? I've been away for so long I just noticed it now.

• Karen June 1, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Hi Jean, I love this outfit! I'm a fan of the "smart casual" look, and I love how your accessories really pull the look together. I remember in some posts from a while ago that you've worn some trousers from the (J.Crew? Gap?) kids' section and I was wondering if you had any luck with Zara's kids department trousers? Thanks!

• Debonita @ Elegantlyfashionble.com June 2, 2014 at 12:03 pm

I am loving the blazer. It looks absolutely beautiful on you. The rolled up jeans look is my new favourite look for this season x

• AlexisB June 2, 2014 at 7:30 pm

This is very late, but I was at an Ann Taylor factory outlet store over the weekend. I saw two ponte knit blazers – one in white with small black polka dots, and the other in off white with navy stripes. The blazers were lined. They looked great. I didn't try them on because I was there for a white shrunken blazer (beautiful, and purchased for 50% off). If anyone reading this is near an outlet store, you might want to try these options as well.

• kimmie June 2, 2014 at 9:14 pm

I saw that ON blazer in store awhile ago and thought it was so cute! They only had large sizes in store and were sold out online. I hope they come out with more colors!

• Suzie Q June 2, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Love this sweet spring look! Such a pretty pastel color pink! You styled it perfectly with loose denim and leopard heels! Beautiful!

Suzie Q

• Anonymous June 2, 2014 at 9:59 pm

Hi Jean, I saw you had purchased some sandals from Nine West in an Instagram photo a few weeks back…how did those work out for you?

• Jean June 3, 2014 at 12:44 am

Sorry I forgot to list it, it's from LOFT!

• Jean June 3, 2014 at 12:45 am

Agreed…it's not as soft but it has a good weight and certainly looks better than a $30 item : )

• Jean June 3, 2014 at 12:45 am

Hi Jamie – it's a LOFT front pleat blouse : )

• Jean June 3, 2014 at 12:48 am

Hi there (& anon below)! Thank you so much for the kind words. My routine is very simple…I use cetaphil gentle cleanser daily and a clarisonic about 2-3x a week to get extra makeup off, and moisturize with Eucerin daily lotion with SPF. I'm hoping to get into skincare and anti-aging products soon…keep hearing it's never too early to start!

For anon below, I mostly use the makeup from here: http://www.extrapetite.com/2013/09/tutorial-easy-office-friendly-makeup.html except mascara – absolutely love Benefit "they're real"

• Jean June 3, 2014 at 12:51 am

Hi there! Ahh…I'm bummed to report that I wasn't fully happy with any of the shapewear I tried. The best contender was Spanx tummy-control boy/girl shorts which did help with tummy tuck but then left visible lines at the thighs where the shorts ended…defeating the purpose. I do think that shapewear is meant to be worn very snug, whereas on me it was a "regular" fit, so any slight looseness could attribute to visible lines. I would suggest looking at the reviews on maybe Nordstrom since many of the styles have numerous user reviews.

• Jean June 3, 2014 at 12:51 am

Hi there – it's a pleated blouse from LOFT! It's from a past season but they usually have similar lightweight blouses each season.

• Jean June 3, 2014 at 12:52 am

I'm so glad to hear that! Thank you for saying hello all the way from Finland : )

• Jean June 3, 2014 at 12:53 am

Hi Anna! I changed it earlier this year…just playing around with different things, but don't worry the content here hasn't changed.

• Jean June 3, 2014 at 12:54 am

Hi Karen – thank you! I have tried Zara kids trousers and they fit similar to J.Crew kids. I will note that the issue with ALL of those kids pants, however, is that they're made for kids and not women with shapely bums! I can get by with the crewcut pants I own but even other pairs in the same alleged style are too flattening in the rear, as was the problem I encountered with Zara kids. Zara's good shipping + return policy makes it worth a try tho!

• Jean June 3, 2014 at 12:55 am

Thanks for the heads up! Always appreciate your sale notes.

• Jean June 3, 2014 at 12:58 am

Hi there – I had bought the Nine West "Marybeth" sandals which were pretty nice, true to size (I took the 5.5), and now on sale at several stores. The only reasons I didn't keep them were because I have a few other neutral sandals already and I personally prefer an ankle strap that circulates around the ankle, versus the lower straps across the foot. I would recommend them though – classic sandal in a few very versatile colors.

• Berty Morales June 4, 2014 at 10:57 am

In love with this entire look!

• Dice June 4, 2014 at 2:53 pm

Beautiful look!

• Oanh Nguyen June 29, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Hi, did you take up your bag strap (if so what did you do?). It looks shorter than in store.