Soft peach and gold accents

pink dress gold heelsLOFT petite flutter sleeve dress (torso slimmed), J.Crew blazer & heels (both old)

pink dress gold heels1
This dress and tote were two of my few pre-spring purchases, and I’ve gotten serious mileage out of both pieces. I love the feminine soft peach color and exaggerated flutter sleeves, different from my more rigid and conservative dresses. I’ve worn the dress to work un-belted (belting adds nice waist definition, but it raises the hemline too much on me for work) with a blazer and closed-toe pumps. I’ve also worn it to casual BBQs with flat sandals, and to brunch parties with metallic shoes as shown.
pink dress gold heels2
Similar to its Ann Taylor sister which I reviewed here, the fit off-the-rack for this dress was on the shapeless side (typical of shift-style dresses, which I am drawn to nevertheless for their ease and comfort). Per my previous post, I was fairly indifferent to the variations from each store (did prefer the non-raw hem flutter sleeves on the AT), but in the end chose the LOFT one for its thicker scuba material and full lining. I took a 00 petite and slimmed both sides about 2″ starting at the underarms, and tapered that stitch out by the hip area, making sure not to take in too much in order to maintain the shift shape.
pink dress gold heels3

Happy sale shopping, and hope you all have a great rest of the week!

pink dress gold heels4

39 thoughts on “Soft peach and gold accents

• kileen valenzuela April 23, 2014 at 10:50 pm

this dress is beautiful in it's simple elegance and i love it with the metallic pumps!

• thatumamilife April 23, 2014 at 10:51 pm

That pink bag is everything! I can't believe it's Ann Taylor. They've come a long way in the last few years, it seems…

• Ella Pretty Blog April 23, 2014 at 10:55 pm

Oh my goodness – these pictures are SO beautiful! You look gorgeous, and the colors of your dress and your backdrop is so pretty.

• Olyvia April 23, 2014 at 11:00 pm

At first, I was like…this dress looks so much better than the first time I saw it on your prior review post (remembering how it looked too wide in the shoulders), but then I read further and realized the other dress was Ann Taylor and this one is LOFT. They do look so similar with the color and flutter sleeves! Glad you stuck to this LOFT one, since it's so pretty on you!

• Dana Kay April 23, 2014 at 11:26 pm

i adore this looks, so feminine and chic! You share such stylish outfits
    xo,
    Dana Kay

• Miss Hot Couture April 23, 2014 at 11:31 pm

Love the entire outfit! Blush is such a feminine and pretty color! I wore it today as well! 🙂

Cheresa @ http://www.misshotcouture.blogspot.com

• EM April 23, 2014 at 11:35 pm

I love the gold belt mixed with the entire outfit. It adds a wonderful, elegant touch to the entire look. Beautiful!

ERICA'S EDITION

• Merrie K. April 24, 2014 at 12:04 am

I think your alterations made all the difference! I saw that dress online and didn't think it did the model any favors, but I really like how it looks on you. I think also that the color made the model look washed out. The stripes and pearls are a nice way to style it. 🙂
    Merrie K. @ http://www.PetiteCareerGirl.com

• pumpkinmommy April 24, 2014 at 12:04 am

So spring-y! Is there a reason you wear the cute gold belt with the jacket but not without?

• Anonymous April 24, 2014 at 12:17 am

I would like to order the dress online as i dont have a loftstore nearby…would need to drive to the states but no time…..can u recommend a size.. I'm 5"2 and weigh 110…

• Christine de Leon April 24, 2014 at 12:24 am

beautiful dress! I love the perforations!

from – The Lion's Den

• Le monde des petites April 24, 2014 at 12:43 am

Beautiful! ♥
    Love your dress!

Xoxo

Le monde des petites

• k come karolina April 24, 2014 at 4:12 am

great look!!!

xoxo from rome
    K.
    kcomekarolina.com

• Mei Fleming April 24, 2014 at 4:34 am

Gorgeous peachy pink outfit! It's so girly from head to toe! Love it.

xo
    htttp://www.eyelikefashion.com

• TaraMixandMatch April 24, 2014 at 5:40 am

Gorgeous colors, you look stunning!

• Angela April 24, 2014 at 9:08 am

Gorgeous pictures! You honestly make the clothes look so much better than Ann Taylor and LOFT models. I love their stuff normally when it's on you or on the racks in store. I haven't been able to shop any of the online sales though because their models make all their clothes look absolutely horrendous. I'm too scared to buy for fear that it's not the models it's the clothes.

I have an unrelated question about the BR Sloan ankle pants that you have worn in several posts in different colours. I recently bought a pair because they were just too comfy (can you believe they are $124 after tax in Canada). But the sales associate in store told me that its been his experience that those pants will stretch out with wear so he recommended I size down. Is this true?

• Julie April 24, 2014 at 10:10 am

Love this gorgeous outfit! The colors are great. I agree with other commenters that you make it look better than Ann Taylor does! 🙂

Style by Joules

• Sheez Petite April 24, 2014 at 11:41 am

So elegant! I love the accessories 🙂

• Patrícia M. April 24, 2014 at 11:58 am

I'm truly loving the golden complements into the soft pink, so chic!

• Anonymous April 24, 2014 at 1:03 pm

How are you liking the bag? I don't see other posts about it. Is it more pink or more tan IRL?

• Raquelita April 24, 2014 at 1:05 pm

I love this look, Jean! So chic and perfect for spring/summer 🙂
    -Rach

• andrea April 24, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Such a beautiful outfit…love those pointy gold heels!

xoxo,
    Andrea

• snippetswithalex.com April 24, 2014 at 3:40 pm

So pretty! I love the peach tones!
    -Alex of http://snippetswithalex.com

• Anonymous April 24, 2014 at 4:58 pm

Jean, I bought the same dress and have not figured out a way to wear it to work. I work in finance so I think my dress code is probably similar to yours. You mentioned that you wear it with a blazer, what style/color of blazer did you pair the dress with? I would really appreciate some tips. Thanks!

• Zhan na April 24, 2014 at 5:29 pm

A very very romantic, super elegant and feminine look! You always dress like you know exactly how pieces connected together into one look need to look and what impression they need to create, as they say styled to perfection! <3

• Petite-ish April 24, 2014 at 5:50 pm

You look gorgeous Jean! I love this blue striped and peach paring – it's one of my favorites for summer.

• Jenny Lin April 24, 2014 at 6:06 pm

the shoes look great! are they from jcrew?

• Suzie Q April 24, 2014 at 6:40 pm

Love this sweet spring look! The dress is so pretty with the hem details! The gold accents with the belt and heels are perfect!

Suzie Q

• Anonymous April 24, 2014 at 9:40 pm

You look gorgeous Jean! I live in Boston too, and wanted to let you know that the Anthropologie in Dedham at Legacy Place now has a petite section

• Millie Scimia April 25, 2014 at 11:02 am

I love LOFT and shop their petites collection often. Like another reader I also had a question on the BR sloan pants. I want to get a pair of the tan pants for work, but don't know what size to get either. Do you think they fit true to size? do they stretch out? please let us know! thank you and love your blog 🙂

• charactersandcarryons.com April 25, 2014 at 12:18 pm

I love this whole outfit! From the dress to the gold accents (especially the shoes!) to the flowers in the perfect peach tote. Also, saw on your IG, congrats on the house!

• Champagne Star April 25, 2014 at 4:07 pm

OMG, that's such a cute dress!!

• Narita April 26, 2014 at 2:31 am

Love the look! Especially the dress!

• Andrea April 26, 2014 at 1:40 pm

Oh, I love it! I wasn't sure at first of that LOFT dress when you first showed it here, but I love how you've styled it here.

• Nhi Nguyen Phuong April 26, 2014 at 8:57 pm

So elegant Jean! I love the whole outfit, expecially the Gallery tote and I ordered it already. Btw, can you tell me exactly the color of the tote. As I saw in the Ann Taylor link, they only have the black and foggy morning. I chose the foggy morning and hope it was the same color with yours.

• Kellie@Sexybagsnshoes.com April 27, 2014 at 6:23 am

I didn't think peach and gold can look so good together. Very girl but chic! Love the feminine look on you!

• Melanie Crd April 27, 2014 at 11:28 am

That dress is amazing! Love it!

Melanie xx outofstandards.blogspot.fr

• Jessica Buurman April 28, 2014 at 8:36 am

amazing style.
    baby designer clothes

• iDreammart May 9, 2014 at 3:39 am

Thanks for displaying such a unique color, dashing and eye-widening designed dress. It looks wow. Get the superb Authentic Chinese Dress at iDreammart at an amazing price.