Navy lace dress + burgundy accents (& a big day)

navylacered

Ann Taylor Factory dress (similar), thrift store belt, arrow necklace c/o Stella & Dot,Β Louboutin Simple 85 patent pumps, Prada Saffiano Double Zip Tote

Although I generally try to avoid owning duplicates, I have to admit there are some dupe favorites which I’ve never regretted buying. I feel like this lace dress in ivory and navy are individually special enough to warrant keeping both. The factory price was not bad, plus I performed DIY alterations to improve the fit.

navylacered1

Navy, burgundy and camel are some of my favorite classic colors. They are easy to style and have me dreaming of fall pairings. I am so stoked to finally add a camel bag to my collection, and expect it to get plenty of wear. I started making a review video and hope to finish it soon.

navylacered3

This dress is office-appropriate when paired with a blazer, and transitions easily into a sultry piece for after-work drinks or dinner. It may be a little low-cut for some, but an advantage to having a smaller chest is that such necklines can still look acceptable versus too sexy. Above: adding a taupe jacket from H&M; for work:

navylacered4

This dress fit decently off the rack but was slightly boxy on me. Thankfully, it took about 10 minutes to alter at home. The quality is very good for an outlet item and it was even double-lined. I merely turned the dress inside out, pushed up the innermost lining, and took in the torso from the pre-existing darts on both the front and the back. This effectively nipped the waist in more and contoured the overall torso for a closer fit.

navylacered5

(Darkest stitch is the line I added to the pre-existing dart)

navylacered2

On a separate note, last Tuesday was a big day for me and I’m touched by the kind words from you guys. I was on the train going to work when Level 3 CFA exam scores came out. The program took a mental and physical toll on me while working, and I was so relieved to be done in three years. My apologies to fellow commuters who had to endure the girl in happy tears so early in the morning.

When I got off the subway, I passed by a woman stopped on the sidewalk, scrolling frantically on her phone before jumping up and down with joy. “CFA?” I asked. She nodded with a smile from ear-to-ear and pulled me into a warm hug. I went on with my commute, happy as a clam.

balloon

Came home this weekend to a sweet surprise from Nick’s parents, and books ready to go into storage!

Later that day, I received a message from none other than the woman outside the subway, saying that while caught up in the moment she forgot to mention she was a reader! I am continuously amazed to meet so many hard-working and driven (in various aspects) women who enjoy reading this blog, and sometimes we cross paths in the most random ways.

126 thoughts on “Navy lace dress + burgundy accents (& a big day)

• Lauren August 12, 2012 at 1:09 pm

What a sweet story! Congrats to you and her both!

• alermy August 12, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Congrats on passing the exam! I took my professional engineer exam before and I know the exact feeling of passing an exam that you studied for so long πŸ™‚

• Annabelle August 12, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Congrats, that's great!

• Kaolee August 12, 2012 at 1:28 pm

That dress looks stunning on you!

• Pia August 12, 2012 at 1:35 pm

that is a great look on you! and congrats!

• Anonymous August 12, 2012 at 1:46 pm

congratulations! and kudos to you for getting it done within 3 years while working!

• Sydney August 12, 2012 at 1:54 pm

I know I said congrats via twitter – but seriously congrats! I was so happy when I finished my masters degrees. It brings with it such a sense of accomplishment, and yes, fuel to go on to tackle the next task!

• Eva Wu August 12, 2012 at 2:11 pm

the dress is so beatiful!

• Michelle August 12, 2012 at 2:14 pm

A big congratulations to both you and your reader! πŸ™‚ I love the stacked books idea! πŸ™‚

You are getting really good with making your own alterations! The dress almost looks like an emerald color in the pics. It is gorgeous paired with the burgundy.

• Kelly Mao August 12, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Wonderful post. Friendship, fashion, career…

LOL about the advantage of being small chested!

• Elissa August 12, 2012 at 2:39 pm

congrats on passing the exam! you are an inspiration for women who work 9-5 and you still find time to be fashionable and blog about it for the rest of us to enjoy!

• Vivian Fan August 12, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Congratulations on the exam results! I love the idea with the taupe blazer and the lace dress… the only problem now is to find enough money and where these things in my size can be found.

Vivian
    js-go.blogspot.com

• CynthiaC August 12, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Congratulations to you and your reader, Jean! I'm looking for a Prada bag myself – would you recommend the one you have or something smaller?

• Phoebe August 12, 2012 at 3:13 pm

What an awesome story! Congratulations to both of you! I really love this dress β€” I wish there were an AT outlet near me!

• Lisa - respect the shoes August 12, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Congrats!

• Kishane August 12, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Congrats! I know the CFA exams are brutal and I'm glad you passed!

Plus that lace dress looks awesome on you.

I wish I was of the mindset to buy those shells when Ann Taylor was still selling them.. still can't find anything similar.

• CamMi Pham August 12, 2012 at 3:52 pm

That is a very nice outfit especially after you put on the blazer…adore your tote πŸ™‚
    x
    cammi

• Anonymous August 12, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Love your blog and wanted to say congrats on the CFA! I passed this time last year and I felt at least 20 pounds lighter after I realized I won't have to go through that again πŸ™‚

• Meg @ Halfhippie.com August 12, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Woohoo!!! Congrats on passing the CFA exam!! And for altering the dress so perfectly πŸ™‚

• Jenn August 12, 2012 at 3:59 pm

You always look so put together. I love this outfit!

-Jenn
    ChΔ«sana Blogger

• WendysLookbook August 12, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Congrats love! What an accomplishment! And thank you for continuing to blog while you were and still are so busy. If you ever need a break, come over to LA =)

• newpetite August 12, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Congratulations!! That is awesome! I can imagine all the crazy days and nights you would have spent studying.
    This dress looks so good on you! Goes well with the blazer too!

• Olivia August 12, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Congratulations to you both and thank you Jean for all your great blog posts even while you were busy with studying/work/Life.

• what.jess.wore August 12, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Congratulations Jean. I'm so glad your hard work has paid off and in three years! I'm sure a huge weight has been lifted from your shoulders. I'm sure the other commuters didn't mind your tears of joy.

Now go celebrate and have a good time in that beautiful ensemble. πŸ™‚

xo,

Jess

• Amy August 12, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Your story really made me smile! What a coincidence that she turned out to be a reader of your blog. Congratulations to you both! You're truly an inspiration to me πŸ™‚

• Katherine August 12, 2012 at 5:53 pm

What a wonderful story! So glad to hear about the CFA (and incredibly impressed as well!). I'm sure having the stress off will be a great relief. Congratulations to you (and to your reader1)

• Juicy Joyce August 12, 2012 at 6:55 pm

you are very lovely! Congrats to your completion of CFA! I am currently taking CPA and will be done by next Feb hopefully. Then I'll move onto CFA too.

Wish you enjoy your life even more now πŸ™‚

• Anonymous August 12, 2012 at 6:57 pm

I thought your big news was an engagement but congrats on finishing the CFA!!!! If I were you, I'd burn those books!!! LOL πŸ™‚

• Mary Ann August 12, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Gorgeous dress – I love it! And nice job on the alterations – I've done that one in particular too many times to count, haha! πŸ˜‰

• Cassidy Short August 12, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Love the navy & red, your necklace is darling, too!!

xoxo
    Cassidy

• Anonymous August 12, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Hooray! Such an accomplishment!! How are you celebrating? =)

You make this outfit gorgeous. Especially love it with the blazer. I was ecstatic to find it on sale a few months back, but it was sadly too cropped for my super long torso.
    ~Shirley

• tracyata August 12, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Congrats! My boyfriend recently found out he passed level 2 and will not start preparing for the last one. Living with him I know the commitment it takes to successfully prepare for that exam. Way to go!

• MCS August 12, 2012 at 9:45 pm

Congrats on the big news.

• phiphis blog August 12, 2012 at 10:06 pm

congratulations again Jean! you've accomplished so much! you look fantastic in that dress – i love it on you. and you styled it perfectly! xox P

• tt August 12, 2012 at 10:09 pm

i love your shoes! i've been trying to get that particular shade of red for a long time!

• R.L. August 12, 2012 at 10:13 pm

I'm glad you decided to keep both lace dresses. And big congratulations! I would love to hear about your studying schedule and how you found your balance as clearly it worked!

• Chloe August 12, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Isn't it great meeting real life blog readers in person? One of the best (amazing) things about the internet and fashion blogging, I think. Big congrats to you, Jean! Hope you celebrated by doing something fun, you deserve it!

• Vivian August 12, 2012 at 10:17 pm

That's a sweet story! I wish to meet you someday and that dress is beautiful! I've been looking for a lace dress myself but nowhere to be found, until today but I feel it's a bit loose on the bust area… By how you did, adding darts or intaking it in more if there are any, will it help slimming the fit even if it's just the lining you are darting? How will it affect the outside look?

• Vivian August 12, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Oh! And congratulations on finishing your CFA!!! (=

• refinedfits August 12, 2012 at 10:25 pm

I have been reading your blog for quite some time and would like to leave my first comment here! Congratulations not only on the CFA but also being such an inspiring figure! πŸ™‚

• Anonymous August 12, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Hi Jean,

You look amazing…as you always do! πŸ™‚

Big congrats on the CFA! I'm a working mom and student so I know how tough it is to juggle it all.

• Suzie Q August 12, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Aww, that's such a cute story. Congrats!! That must be such a huge sigh of relief to get rid of that tall stack of books! Love the dress, especially paired with the blazer.

xoxo,

• a rose August 12, 2012 at 11:08 pm

I love the 2nd and the 4th picture! Congrats again on the exam.

• Phoebes August 12, 2012 at 11:45 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Natasha Fatah August 12, 2012 at 11:53 pm

That's a very charming story.
    Thanks for sharing it.

~Natasha Fatah~
    ~Natasha Fatah~

• Vidya August 12, 2012 at 11:59 pm

You are my hero Jean!
    Hugs from Sydney, Australia xoxo

• Anonymous August 13, 2012 at 12:06 am

congratulations jean! i love your blog! when i passed the cpa exam, i was beyond excited.. so proud of you!!

• Anonymous August 13, 2012 at 12:37 am

Congratulations!

• Lisa August 13, 2012 at 12:45 am

Congratulations! I know how hard the exams can be and so admire you for doing such a great job. All the best to you.

• REESHELL August 13, 2012 at 12:58 am

what a funny story :p congrats! i love reading your blog!

• chocolatefashioncoffee August 13, 2012 at 1:19 am

what a lovely dress πŸ™‚

• Tam August 13, 2012 at 1:39 am

Congratulations, Jean! I'm so happy for you. I was the same excited/crying girl when I found out I passed the bar. It's so nice to see the results of one's hard work!

The dress looks lovely and fits wonderfully after your alterations. I love it with the blazer and burgundy accents for work!

• Phoebe August 13, 2012 at 2:24 am

Congrats, Jean! I passed my Level 3 too! No more studying for us! To celebrate my legit CFA status, I've started my own blog on splurging within a budget. Thanks for all the fashion inspirations!

Phoebe

• Nico Saich August 13, 2012 at 2:56 am

loving this pairing of caramel black and red! Im starting to get excited for fall colors too!

-Nico

• Katie August 13, 2012 at 2:57 am

congrats on your CFA!! (i completed my ACA in london last year, which i think is something similar..) I find it hugely inspirational that you combine a strong working life with your creative passions on your blog πŸ™‚

LOVE the navy lace dress, esp with the red soles of the louboutins!

katie x

• Jessica @ Here(and)Now August 13, 2012 at 3:17 am

congrats on successfully passing your CFA… what a relief! You are a beautiful and intelligent woman, and someone that I definitely look to for inspiration (currently pursing my PhD!)
    xx
    Here&Now;

• Felicia Tan August 13, 2012 at 3:39 am

love the outfit and colour combination x
    and congratulations on the CFA, excellent πŸ™‚ x

• Frmcoasttocoast August 13, 2012 at 4:01 am

congratulations! you are truly an inspiration, especially to recent college graduates like myself. eat well and rest well because you deserve it <3

• wisblos August 13, 2012 at 4:08 am

Many many congratulations! Your story, blog and personality inspires me.

• gigiofca August 13, 2012 at 4:43 am

Congratulations!!! That's so cool. Enjoy it all and pat yourself on the back some more ;).

• jen August 13, 2012 at 5:05 am

Congratulations! You deserve it! πŸ˜€

• Bela Anzu August 13, 2012 at 5:07 am

Congratulations again Jean! That's a wonderful story about meeting a reader who also passed her CFA exam. I'm glad you've finished and are now able to relax and move onto a different phase in your life.

Those CL burgundy pumps look beautiful every time you feature it in your blog.

• audrinajulia August 13, 2012 at 6:40 am

Congrats to you! Hope we could came across somewhere too one time.:)Love your Ann Taylor dress it looks so elegant on you.The overall outfit is gorgeous!

• Angie August 13, 2012 at 7:46 am

first off, congrats! this is such a cute story <3

secondly, the dress looks gorgeous on you!

x
    Angie
    sundaybelle.com

• sophiΓ© August 13, 2012 at 8:52 am

Hi ! this outfit looks upmarket. Much more so than anything else posted so far. Not sure if it the quality bag & shoes or the sophisticated colour combo… what do you think did it?

• Tien August 13, 2012 at 9:24 am

Congratulations! I heard the CFA is hard – I can't believe you manage CFA and a blog at the same time – that is truly amazing !

Love the outfit – I have the same H&M; blazer in black and it's great!

Tien

• Jane August 13, 2012 at 10:04 am

Jean,

You are obviously a woman of many talents! Congratulations on passing the exam. I hope you celebrated big time!

LOVE those burgundy shoes.

• Always Maylee August 13, 2012 at 10:12 am

Congrats, it must feel wonderful to have all your hard work pay off! You look gorgeous in this dress, I love the navy color.

xo, Yi-chia

• Mlinh August 13, 2012 at 11:06 am

Congrats Jean! I had to laugh at your small chest lets you get away with lower cut tops without looking scandalous. I have been saying that for years! one of the few upsides to not being well endowed in that area!

• Gia August 13, 2012 at 11:35 am

Congratulations Jean! You really are inspiring. I am about halfway through the CPA exam process, which I'm doing while working full-time, and these exams really take their toll.

• Tiffany August 13, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Yay! Congratulations Jean! So happy for you! And you look fabulous as always. I love the bag on you. I'm a little sad that I didn't end up getting it but I think I'll still keep it on my wishlist πŸ™‚

• theglitterlife August 13, 2012 at 12:52 pm

CONGRATS! AND LOVE THE DRESS!

THE GLITTER LIFE IS VEGAS BOUND! http://theglitterlife.wordpress.com/2012/08/13/vegas-baby/

• Tang August 13, 2012 at 1:17 pm

The best little story. I love those kinds! Congrats on everything!

• The Petite Edition August 13, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Congratulations on passing – that certainly makes a commute much more enjoyable! Great outfit – navy/burgundy is such a wonderful, classic work combination.

• this is lemonade August 13, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Awww how wonderful for the both of you – such an uplifting story. Congratulations on overcoming the long hard slog to success! The dress (and the beautiful wine red shoes) is just the business for celebrating. You look gorgeous in it πŸ™‚

• Our Wired Lives August 13, 2012 at 3:01 pm

aww.. so sweet! congratulations!

• Janki August 13, 2012 at 3:44 pm

A hearty congratulations on passing! I'm not sure how you are, but it's been a while since I've been out of school and getting back into the full study mode has been hard whenever I'd had to take these career related exams.
    I LOVE the story you shared. Your blog is the best! I love how you share these tips, talk about your life, and also are so responsive to our questions (esp on FB). All while studying and working full time.
    I saw a parishoner wearing this dress yesterday after church and inside said "That's Jean's Ann Taylor factory dress!".
    Can't wait to see more with that fantastic bag.

• The Little Dust Princess August 13, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Congratulations, Jean! All of your hard work definitely paid off. : ) I love the v-back of this dress. The front is one of the more low-cut things I've seen on you in a while, but you still manage to pull it off in a classy way. Great look!

• Princess Martha August 13, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Love this look…the dress is a classic as are your accessories…
    congratulations on finishing everything!!
    And it must be so wonderful to feel the love and support of your readers πŸ™‚
    XOXO

• With Each Passing Day August 13, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Congratulations to you and your reader. All your hard work paid off. I'm glad you decided to keep both dresses. You have created so many wonderful outfit with the ivory dress. I can't wait to see what you outfit you'll come up with the navy dress.

• Anonymous August 13, 2012 at 6:31 pm

congrats jean! i love how you styled the dress, and your new bag is a great addition!

• RedRover August 13, 2012 at 6:54 pm

Congrats! I love the dress and how it looks on you. I still can never get my belt to sit as well as yours does on your dress. πŸ™‚

• Kay August 13, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Congratulations on such a momentous accomplishment! The CFA is SUCH a challenging program – so you deserve all the congratulations and accolades πŸ™‚

• Anonymous August 13, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Congratulations! I love your blog! I am also petite and reading your tips really helps me out. Your hair is awesome too. Do you ever share your hair styling tips? If not, can you? I would love to know what products you use and how you style for "everyday hair".

• Monica Angel August 13, 2012 at 10:48 pm

You always have the cutest outfits! I love it! So creative and such a great look! Question for you, where do you typically start looking for shoes in your size? One of my favorite spots is http://www.ShoeFavor.com but they are redoing their site right now.

• Anonymous August 13, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Thanks for such an excellent post! I've been reading all your blog entries and love them.

I read your how to look older blog post, and it definitely helps a lot…I was hoping that you could write a post about dressing fashionably while in college. A lot of your posts are geared towards work-suitable outfits but I would love one where you talked about fall semester class appropriate outfit if that were possible.

I typically wear J. Crew cardigans, J. Crew chino shorts, Lilly Pulitzer skirts with cute prints on them paired with t-shirts, and have some sundresses. I'm having trouble finding suitable tops and also outfits for when the weather gets chillier.

Thanks!

• Rainy Days and Lattes August 14, 2012 at 12:23 am

CONGRATS!!!!!!! I am really happy for you. It's the highest honor for studying so hard and you deserve it.

And you look amazingly flawless, happy as a clam and all. Great story! Something you can remember for the rest of your life!

• Anonymous August 14, 2012 at 12:35 am

Congrats Jean!! This means we get to see more posts, right? πŸ™‚

On a completely separate note – I'm new to the professional world, and was wondering if you could do a post on personal investing/saving, etc.? Or perhaps recommend some personal favorite finance bloggers? Thanks!

• Anthro Blogger August 14, 2012 at 1:28 am

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Anthro Blogger August 14, 2012 at 1:30 am

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Jen August 14, 2012 at 1:47 am

Eep! Sooo happy and excited for you for passing such a difficult exam. Congrats and if I were there I'd give you the biggest hug too! <33333

• misslylorraine August 14, 2012 at 4:43 am

Congratulations!!!! =)

• Anonymous August 14, 2012 at 5:05 am

Jean, i LOVE your Prada bag. perfect match with your Hermes belt (brown/togo). love love love!!!

x.x.
    JC

• Mere M. August 14, 2012 at 5:13 am

Congratulations to you and your reader! I love this look, too. : ) I have a 3/4-sleeved navy lace sheath dress and have been wondering how to style it without looking like a shabby Kate Middleton clone. I will probably be stealing this navy-dress/burgundy-belt combo in the future. πŸ˜‰

• Madalina Tita August 14, 2012 at 6:12 am

congrats on meeting another reader, i am so happy for you…love the outfit and what you did with the dress…

xoxo
    Mady

thegirlfromthemirror.blogspot.com

• Rachael August 14, 2012 at 10:51 am

Congrats on passing CFA Level 3! I'm a huge fan of your blog & style but am usually not one to post. My husband received news that he passed Level 3 as well last week!

• Eli August 14, 2012 at 11:05 am

Hi jean, I know you have reviewed gap kids jeans in the past. I was wondering if you could review these gap kids ponte pants sometime?

• KTR August 14, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Congrats Jean!!! I know it's hard work and everything will pay off! You're at the beginning of a new venture. How exciting for you and your love ones! πŸ™‚

P.S. That lace dress looks amazing on you!

• MonochromeMagpie August 14, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Congratulations to you both! I've been a reader for over a year now, maybe even two(!) and I have always admired your work/blog balance. I will be starting my graduate job in September as a trainee accountant so the next three years will be a similar challenge for me with the ACA.
    I hope I can keep blogging on the side though, without it affecting my studies. Thanks for being such an inspiration πŸ™‚ x
    Isabel

Monochrome Magpie

• Anonymous August 14, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Congrats on passing!! You are truly an inspiration. I think it is wonderful that you were able to work and study at the same time. Hopefully in the future I can do the same. Once again, congratulations! The hard work definitely paid off. πŸ™‚

• Anonymous August 14, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Congrats to you. What a huge accomplishment. I can't figure if you've gotten more tan or is it just the pics, but you look very polished (as usual). Please do tell us more about the bag. I love the classic color.

• Kat August 14, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Congrats Jean! See… knew you could do it! And looking lovely as always!

• Tiffany August 14, 2012 at 10:09 pm

Congratulations! And great look! I really love the shoes for some reason, they're really calling to me haha

• Jane August 14, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Hi Jane,

I am looking for the H&M; blazer (Item 981950, Yellow, Size 4) you and really petite have shown at your blogs. Have you seen it in your local stores? Thanks a lot.

• lisacng August 14, 2012 at 11:49 pm

4:17 PM

Very pretty dress, great alteration, and congrats again on finishing the level 3 exam! You deserve lots of love and rest and yes, put those books away πŸ˜€

• Sarah August 15, 2012 at 12:00 am

You are so inspiring! Congrats

• Caroline August 15, 2012 at 4:14 am

Congratulations Jean, that's an amazing accomplishment! The dress looks beautiful on you, but then again, what doesn't?!

• Kristi August 15, 2012 at 4:43 am

Congratulations on passing your exam! It must be nice to have your life back πŸ™‚ Thank you for continuing to blog throughout your studying!

• Stella August 15, 2012 at 8:18 am

Beautiful dress and congrats!

• Anonymous August 15, 2012 at 10:55 am

Congratulations, Jean! I've been a silent reader all this while and this post was particularly inspiring because I'm taking cfa level 1 in December!

I also wanted to ask you a question: I just found out that I'll be taking a fortnight-long business trip to new york in January. I'm from Singapore, however, where its summer all year round, so sleeveless shells, sleeveless dresses, skirts (you get the idea) are all I have. Without buying anything too expensive, since I'm not likely to wear heavy winter clothes here, how do I turn my outfits for work into winter appropriate work clothes?

• DSK Steph August 15, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Congratulations Jean!!!

• AubreyOhDang! August 15, 2012 at 3:06 pm

you are getting SOOOO good at these DIYs. and i can't believe how quick it takes you. francois would charge me $35 for sure.

congratulations again doll!

• Cristie Xu August 15, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Congrats on your exam! I just found your blog and am your newest follower/fan!

underahhundred.blogspot.com/

• Mong August 15, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Very pretty dress!

• Jacqui August 15, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Congrats, and what a wonderful story! By the way, I was wondering how you get your hair so voluminous πŸ˜›

• Sheila August 15, 2012 at 10:47 pm

What a sweet story! Congrats! πŸ™‚

Xoxo,
    Sheila

• Shamelessly Overdressed August 16, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Hi Jean! Congratulations on passing the CFA – that's amazing! As a fellow young professional by day / blogger by night, I can definitely relate to how challenging it is to balance your professional life and blogging pursuits (not to mention your personal life)! You are an inspiration to us all! πŸ™‚

I've been a follower for awhile now, but this is actually my first comment. Your blog is definitely one of my all-time favorites…as a petite gal, I can relate and always look forward to your posts! I also love your classy style and helpful shopping tips.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and congrats! Keep up the awesome posts! πŸ™‚

Love from a fellow petite blogger,
    Sarah

• Candice August 18, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Congrats, Jean on passing the CFA! =) I love the lace dress from this post.

• Anonymous August 20, 2012 at 2:35 pm

After admiring that blue lace dress ever since you first posted it, I finally had the opportunity to get to an Ann Taylor outlet. Alas, they had no size 0 petite left in stock. I tried it in the 00, and while I could squeeze into it, and (according to other shoppers) it looked good, it just felt a little to snug (particularly in the bust). It also felt a little short on me (I am just under 5'3"). I think a regular size 0 would have been perfect, but I guess it was not meant to be.

Congratulations on passing the CFA.

• Lori August 23, 2012 at 7:45 am

Congratulations Jean! I love reading your blog. I was wondering, do you have any recommendations of places to go for smaller size bracelets and ring sizes? I have very slender wrists and fingers and have a difficult time finding jewelry that doesn't fall off! Thanks!

• Rosie August 24, 2012 at 10:42 am

You are always so chic! love it Congrats on passing the CFA

if you have a moment please check out my latest post

• LeeAnne, Style N Season August 25, 2012 at 2:57 am

Congratulations! I know how tough CFA exams are. Not only because they are not easy, but the organization ensure its exclusivity by using normal distribution and expensive fee just to take them! I took only CFA lesson for level 1, because I needed the knowledge for work, but since I'm not particularly in finance, that's it!
    Have you fulfilled the four-year work experience requirement, as well?
    Again, congrats, clever gal!

Visit me:
    LeeAnne, Style N Season

• Stalla August 29, 2012 at 6:00 am

Congrat's Jean, that's an amazing accomplishment!! The dress looks are very beautiful on you, pretty dress!! but then again, what doesn't?!!

• Stalla August 29, 2012 at 6:01 am

CFA level exams and study material in Schweser

• M August 30, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Congratulations on your CFA – Level 3 accomplishment Jean! I'll admit that I don't particularly know what that means (I'm nowhere near finance/accounting in my nonprofit job), but it sounds difficult. Thanks for keeping up with posts for us all this time you've been preparing. It's awesome to see how all your hard work and studying has paid off!

• Anonymous September 9, 2012 at 7:05 am

Hi Jean. I am a new reader to your blog. First of all big Congrats to your accomplishment. I love how creative you are with your stye. Thanks for sharing so many wonder ideas.

Mindy