• H&M Finds under $18 – Floral Tunic & Crossbody Bag

handmcrossbody2

H&M; Divided tunic dress w/ tie belt, sz 4, $14.95 (Item # 058904)
    H&M; Divided cross body bag, $17.95 (Item # 568146)

I know this outfit is eerily similar to my last one, but I wanted to show these affordable finds while they’re still in stores. While at H&M; last week, my eyes were drawn to this vibrant print with yellow, purple, and brown. The pattern is summery, however the colors are perfect for transitioning into Fall (yes, I’m eagerly anticipating Fall dressing). There’s also a mini skirt and a maxi dress available in the same exact print.

This tunic is generously cut, but shapes up once the belt is tied (petites will have to wear the belt higher up than where the string loops are). A sz 4 was all that was left at my local store. It’s big on me and I’m wearing an undertank to prevent peeksies. I’ll be sure to slim the sides once I have access to a sewing machine.

Layering with my Target chambray top (similar here in Petite sizing)

handmcrossbody1

Here are the true colors of the dress and bag (love it as a clutch!), under natural light:

handmcrossbody
    I promise these Suede Chunky Heel Sandals mark the end of my yellow fever (as reader “a rose” so aptly put it). I need more yellow shoes like I need a hole in my head, but the combo of suede and wood is unexpected, and the quality is fantastic. The color is more muted and mustard-y than in this pic. Only sz 5.5 was left, but they actually fit (all the other pairs I’m keeping are sz 5). Update: Due to the elastic heel backing, you really need your true size on these, or size down if you’re between sizes. I thought these fit great despite being half size up from what I normally order, but the heel strap slips a little. So sad! I’ll review more Talbots shoes later. Readers – please share how your orders worked out if you shopped the secret shoe sale as well!

52 thoughts on “H&M Finds under $18 – Floral Tunic & Crossbody Bag

• Anna July 19, 2011 at 7:56 am

Such a gorgeous look. You wear summer ensembles so well!

• PetiteLittleGirl July 19, 2011 at 8:24 am

I love the print on this dress, Jean. It's so fresh and vibrant. I can't wait for my yellow shoes to arrive today. I know I am going to love them =)

• โ™ฅ Natalie July 19, 2011 at 8:31 am

The dress is so wonderful and it's perfect with the bag! โ™ฅ

• My Dressy Ways July 19, 2011 at 9:47 am

I love the dress! I was at H&M; over the weekend and didn't find a thing! I don't usually have very good luck there – nothing in my size and it's just overwhelming, more overwhelming than Forever 21! Lol.

And again, maaaaaajor hair envy over here. That shot of you at the piano is beautiful!

• Tara July 19, 2011 at 10:17 am

That piano pic is awesome!

• Jen July 19, 2011 at 10:18 am

I bought the D'Orsay leather flats in black and sweet almond and they were a HUGE disappointment ๐Ÿ™ My normal size is 6.5, the black ones fit but caused my normal width foot to buldge out the sides, and the sweet almond ones were falling off my feet! They are super cute, so I am very sad. Needless to say, they will be going back to the store unless anyone wants to give them a whirl from me – jenniferbichvy {at} gmail {dot} com.

• *elvi* July 19, 2011 at 10:36 am

What a steal and this is definitely one of my favorite outfits I have seen from you! ๐Ÿ™‚ I need that purse like now…haha ๐Ÿ™‚

• C'est La Viii July 19, 2011 at 10:55 am

I like the outfit layered with the Target top! Cute!

• B.Inspired July 19, 2011 at 11:26 am

I just realized that I have nothing in my closet from talbots…so I have no idea how their items fit and I didn't shop the secret shoe sale. Hope everyone else found some great buys!

• En Bouton July 19, 2011 at 12:03 pm

That bag is a great find. I just got H&M;'s autumn catalogue and lots of things caught my eye… like you, I'm excited for the upcoming season!

• Anonymous July 19, 2011 at 12:11 pm

I love the chambray top with the dress – it grounded the busy-ness of the print.

• Wendy's Lookbook July 19, 2011 at 12:20 pm

I love that piano shot of you! Very editorial! As always, you look amazing!

• Jane July 19, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Looking pretty, as usual PAG! Your yellow heels are so cute! I almost grabbed those, but I'm cautious about purchasing shoes, and heels, especially, that have elastic in the strap around the ankle. For some reason, that always gets stretched out on my shoes, and then the backs of my shoes don't stay on. I picked up the pyramid studded flats, patent-leather pointy toe pump, and another pair of black leather flats, and I found them to be pretty nice. If your'e interested, check out my review.

• J July 19, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Jean! I love the dress! I'll definitely have to look for it on my next stop at H&M.; I actually love your yellow shoes, so keep them coming! Digging the new settings. Is this at your home??

• kvinh July 19, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Love love the yellow prints and the slingbacks! I agree that piano shot of you is fabulous. So jealous at how voluminous your hair is!!

• DSK Steph July 19, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Beautiful photos! I think you should share more of your musical talent with everyone. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Michelle July 19, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Wow!! Great finds! Thanks for the heads up! I love pieces that can go from summer to fall! ๐Ÿ™‚

Your outfit makes me want summer to stay (and it will for months more here!), but I am also so excited about getting back to teaching so that I can dress up in my work clothes again! :p

I love the piano picture! What are some of your favorite songs to play?

• AubreyOhDang! July 19, 2011 at 1:31 pm

love that chunky heel!

• newpetite July 19, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Love that dress! Sadly it was not available here ๐Ÿ™

• Nelah July 19, 2011 at 2:17 pm

The first thing that came across my mind when I saw that dress was it would be a great piece for Fall as well. I like the crossbody bag, it is very cute on you.

• Anonymous July 19, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Hi Jean!! I'm a mom of 4 kids and I think you're absoluately adorable and I love reading your blog! I'm anxiously awaiting to see your next post on Chanel. Please do so soon!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• kimberly July 19, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Hi Jean! I just got my Talbots shoe order in the mail today and I just wanted to thank you for your post! i love the bow heels but I'm going to take back the bow flats… my feet are too exposed for my liking! Awesome awesome deal on these!

• Kady July 19, 2011 at 3:24 pm

I used your Talbot secret sale tip off as well. Got the bowed slingback platforms in pink and the leather ballet flats in plum. The platforms were TTS but the ballet flats are a teeny bit big (probably not big enough tho to trade down size). Love them and am keeping both.

• Risa July 19, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Gorgeous! I LOVE H&M…; sadly we don't have one here in Hawaii ๐Ÿ™ and they don't have an online store to buy from ๐Ÿ™

• Wendy July 19, 2011 at 7:24 pm

what great finds! its too bad H&M; doesn't have an online shop.

• Vicky July 19, 2011 at 8:57 pm

The print of the dress is so pretty! Great find, Jean. The Talbot shoes are so nice! Feeling so bad that I missed it! ๐Ÿ™

• Anonymous July 19, 2011 at 9:06 pm

love the pics, especially the one w/ the piano. you look beautiful as always. i really like the chunky heels, i should've gotten it when talbots had their sale. ๐Ÿ™

• questforfashionsense July 19, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Thanks for the sale tip! I got the croc-embossed wedges and love them–just got them in the mail today and I'm wearing them while I type. ;D

• Anonymous July 19, 2011 at 10:29 pm

love the bag! what a great find ๐Ÿ˜€

• ShinyPrettyThings July 19, 2011 at 10:36 pm

i love those shoes! LOL at "yellow fever" i love that picture of you at the piano =]your hair looks super pretty there

• SewPetiteGal July 19, 2011 at 11:11 pm

I want to check out the maxi version of your dress! Thanks for the tip.

I got those shoes too and love them! The color is oh so pretty! I'm planning on reviewing those + the other 8 pairs I purchased later this week ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous July 19, 2011 at 11:13 pm

The dress is so cute with the shirt over. How do you have it tied or folded up in the front?!

• Sunshine July 19, 2011 at 11:29 pm

i was really looking forward to wearing these yellow shoes as they're my fav out of the bunch but they don't fit well ๐Ÿ™ length in size 5 is ok but width is narrow and it doesn't stretch. so sad :'(

• Rinny July 19, 2011 at 11:53 pm

The dress looks great on you! I love it even more paired with the chambray shirt. H&M; has really great affordable accessories – the brown clutch is cute!

• Ai July 20, 2011 at 12:35 am

Wow such gorgeous colors. I love that print!!! The bag looks pretty good quality too. I had to go back and read that it was from H&M;.

• thaoy July 20, 2011 at 1:51 am

I ordered the (bow) peep-toe platforms and I was greatly disappointed as my feet did not fit either a sz5 or sz5.5. I felt like a little girl trying on my mother's heels hahaha.

• Anonymous July 20, 2011 at 5:58 am

I think I not only visit your blog to find cute and age-appopriate outfits, but also to look at your beautiful photos. You photograph so well and I'd like to show my appreciation for the photography. ๐Ÿ˜€

I wish I had as much love for shopping as you obviously do. Also, thank you for the reviews of affordable finds like these for your not-so-wealthy readers. ~ KN

• Michelleesque July 20, 2011 at 11:28 am

Absolutely gorgeous! I love that print on you! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous July 20, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Recently discovered this blog and really enjoying it. I'm barely 5' tall with a small frame and always have trouble finding clothes that fit well. Forever 21 tends to have a selection of clothes that are cut smaller, but the quality is often compromised. I was wondering where you usually shop to find clothes that you are not swimming in? ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks!

• jen July 20, 2011 at 4:54 pm

in case anyone wanted to shop today, Loft and Ann Taylor are both having sales on all (i believe) of their full priced items! checking the websites it seems to be both in-store and online. =)