A few practical outfits from this Fall with my little guy, all featuring comfortable shoes such as my sleek low profile sneakers, chunkier platform sneakers, and cap toe flats.
1. Mini Sweater Dress + Crossbody Bag
I’ve been loving the ease of a looser sweater dress paired with sneakers or booties. Dresses in a shorter, mini length also layer well underneath longer trench and wool coats. I’m wearing an old sweater dress from ASOS petite, but here’s a few currently available options:
- A&F sweater mini dress – 3 colors; petite, standard & tall starting in xxsp.
- Gap cashsoft sweater dress – 4 colors; petite, standard & tall starting in xsp. Gap runs looser.
- Steve Madden chunky knit dress – standard sizing only. See on me with sleeves folded.
2. Trench Coat + Ankle Jeans + Sneakers
My trench is low in smaller sizes in olive, so I also wanted to mention this Sezane trench coat I recently tried on. It’s a very different style -structured and thicker versus thin and drapey like my BR Factory one- but it’s a nice quality option available in a sage-grey color. Their size 0 US is a roomy / relaxed fit on me.
These gray jeans continue to be one of my most worn pairs, and in cold weather you can pair them with stretchy “sock booties” tucked in for ankle coverage. For Fall / Winter I am finding my denim preferences shifting a bit, from slimmer ankle styles to more relaxed fit, full length styles. These “Well worn – black” wash Levi jeans in the 27″ inseam is a nice full length alternative, with a very high rise and a length that works perfectly on me with sneakers.
3.Striped tunic sweater + Slim Pants + Flats
Similar stripe sweaters:
- Uniqlo stripe sweater in deep camel or dark navy stripe. A cozy, plushier knit.
- J.Crew chunky cotton stripe sweater
- Gap Factory version of my sweater stocked in navy stripe
4. Cardigan Duster Jacket + Crewneck Sweater + Jeans
See my recent review of this coatigan. It’s been on regular rotation and works with jeans or slim work pants alike. I run cold and this has been such a great piece for WFH or throwing on for school pickups / errands to quickly pull a basic outfit together.