Starting today through March 13 take 25% off at Abercrombie with code AFLTK! While warmer days feel far, far away here in Boston, I know some of you are living in more mild climates or have upcoming trips planned! For summer and vacations I love breezy linen pants as a staple, but it’s hard to come by ones that are petite-friendly and non-baggy, and especially white ones that aren’t see through.
Abercrombie has a great basic linen-blend pant right now in multiple colors and inseams (bonus: the white color has a full lining), and from past experience the Short option sells quickly so I’m sharing now even in the midst of winter! You can see each of these looks in motion in my Instagram Reels video.
A few other recommendations:
- Straight leg ankle jeans, last month’s reader favorite by far! I have 24 Short in Medium and Grey. Read my fit review and see them on me with ankle booties and with sneakers.
- Their Ottoman tops make fantastic basics. See below for details and fit pics!
- Half zip pullover, another January best seller. See it on me.
- These leather-look ankle pants are a very flattering cut and length. I got a 24 Short but it’s a snug fit at the waist (tighter than the jeans), so will be trying a size up.
- 3 cute woven bags to go with future warmer weather looks. My friend just got the structured one and said it’s very cute!
1. Linen pants styling: for dinner / drinks
I love the sharp contrast of a chic black & white pairing, and you can easily reverse this look with black pants and a white top. This same top also comes in a blue and white floral print that would be super cute with these pants or jeans. The top has lightly structured boning in the bodice which has a smoothing effect (not a heavy boning at all, so it doesn’t feel stiff or restricting). The fabric is fluid and the sleeves are only gently puffed, good for those who don’t like a structured voluminous sleeve.
If you’re deciding on a color of pant, note that wrinkles are inevitable with wear on linen-blend pants (and this one is no exception) but the creasing on a black pair is a little less visible than light colors.
2. Linen pants styling: for work / a meeting
Reformation sandals 5.5 (similar look for less), Edited Pieces bracelet, Polene bag
If you’re in need of staple fitted tanks – the ottoman rib collection that A+F put out recently is fantastic. I have both the square neck tank pictured above and the sweater tee, and these are thicker, sturdy weight knit tops. Compared to the tank, the tee option feels a little more substantial (maybe just slightly thicker?) with a smooth, soft against the skin inner feel.
Compared to the Reformation Julia sweater tank I love, the Abercrombie ottoman tank has slightly narrower shoulder straps, more stretch, a slightly thinner weight, and fits a little smaller. The “beige” color has taupe tones to it and coordinates perfectly with their relaxed blazer in Light Taupe. FYI their blazer is a more straight cut, relaxed style and you can see the full sleeve length on me here.
3. Linen pants styling: casual / errands
I wanted to show these pants with a few other shoe options, as the Short length works well on me with flats, low heels and even sneakers. I thought these pants looked chic with both my Madewell trainers and my Converse platform sneakers without dragging on the floor!