Cream, Camel, Black + A Timeless Coat on Sale

classic business casual style
Coat: Ted Baker coat 0 (fits like 00), sleeves shortened. 30% off w/ WRAPUP30 or 40% off in gray, no code needed
Jeans: Everlane jeans 24 ankle. These black jeans are great too in the short inseam!
Sweater: Macy’s old (very similar sweater on sale)
Boots: Express sock booties 5
Accessories: Edited Pieces belt xxs, $15 sunglasses, Hermes bag

I wanted to share a rare promo on one of the most timeless coats in my closet! This coat in black or camel is 30% off with code WRAPUP30, and the gray color is on even steeper sale for 40% off (no code needed) and fully stocked in all sizes. I’ve had this style of theirs in navy for over 6 years and it still feels as chic and classic as when I bought it!

Their shorter version of this coat (should be around mid-thigh length petite ladies) is also on sale, and I wanted to point out their men’s styles which is what the brand is more known for. This is one of the few brands Nick splurges on as the items are nicely tailored, fit on the slim side, and the coats and jackets instantly elevate a basic outfit. He has a coat very similar to this wool-cashmere overcoat that is 40% off with good reviews, and this is a more casual wool coat that’s 60% off!

hermes kelly black 28 sellier ted baker camel coat petite

Ted Baker Wool Coat

I have a navy version of this coat from many years ago (original review here) and it’s one of those pieces that make you feel instantly polished – whether over jeans, a dress, or workwear. Ted Baker offers this style of coat year after year in different lengths (including a mid-thigh length), colors, and fabrics, but will usually always offer it in this mid-weight wool blend. The lapel can be worn either flipped up or down (secured with magnets in the coat). The cut runs small in my opinion, and I find their “Ted 0 / US 2” to fit more like a 00 regular in other brands. On me, the 0 has a slim fit at my shoulders, torso, and waist and just needs the sleeves shortened for a petite frame.

I originally planned on getting my navy coat hemmed but never got around to it, and am SO thankful I didn’t! Back in my 20’s I was all about knee length or above, so a few of my midi-length clothes including some splurge items suffered the fate of shortening. I only wish I could reverse it, now that I see how flattering longer hemlines can be. The Rose style appears knee length on models but hits almost at my lower calves (I’m 5′ tall). It’s about 2 inches longer than my ideal length right now, but I’m not going to hem yet it in case my tastes change again next year!

Express Boots

These boots continue to be a favorite and surprisingly comfortable given how high they look. They’re currently on sale for 50% off (under $40) in both black and cognac! The fitted sock-style shaft works just as well with skinny bottoms as they do straight cut (see in a recent post). I would love a shorter heeled version for prolonged wear though, so please send any recommendations my way!

watches for petite wrists

I’ve been loving this vintage-inspired Anne Klein watch which is currently on major sale (60% off and under $35)! I got the 2-tone one too which is great for pairing with both gold and silver toned jewelry and handbag hardware. I removed a few links with this DIY tool after watching a few youtube tutorials (required a little finagling but not bad, coming from someone who is not very handy), since my local watch repair shops were closed!

ted baker rose camel wool coat petite

For Daily Posts

18 Comments

1. Tanvi wrote:

Hey there! Love reading your posts, always so refreshing and informative! I’ve been wracking my head over some of the TB coats specially with rose gold hardware – how do you match your bags with it (short of one with rose gold details which I don’t have!), have you ever had this problem?! 🙂

Posted 5.29.22 Reply
  2. Mary Methena wrote:

Next month I will buy something

Posted 2.15.22 Reply
  3. Jenny wrote:

Hi Jean! EditedPieces fan here 😊 I just ordered the sunglasses and am about to order the Anne Klein watch. So the two-toned you got is the rose-gold and steel, not regular gold and steel, right?

Just making sure. I’ve always trusted your taste implicitly! xoxo

• Jean | Extra Petite wrote:

Hi Jenny, my two-toned watch is the regular gold version! I also just want to be sure you saw my note about needing to remove a few of the links to ensure a proper fit

• Anonymous wrote:

Hi Jean, thank you! Yes, I saw about removing the chains and thankfully, being a lifelong petite girl I’ve become quite adept at removing watch chain links 😄

Thank goodness I waited on ordering the two-toned watch (ordered the gold with black dial). Since the like takes you directly to the two-toned rosegold/steel version I was about to order that one 😅

By the way, do you have an idea when EditedPieces will have it’s next drop?? Can’t wait 💗xoxo

Posted 2.5.22 Reply
        • Jean | Extra Petite wrote:

We are working on a few pieces for March, stay tuned 🙂

Posted 2.8.22 Reply
  4. Stephanie wrote:

How tall.are the models in the photos. I am 4″10 and would like to know if the styles are for extra short women. Sometimes when people refer to petite they mean skinny not short.

• Jean | Extra Petite wrote:

Hi Stephanie, I’m a little under 5′! But if you’re referring to the models on the Ted Baker site, I’m afraid I don’t know how tall they are

5. Ka Yang wrote:

Hi Jean,
    The coat looks beautiful but is the coat warm? I’m a freeze baby and already in need of a warm coat.

• Jean | Extra Petite wrote:

I would say the coat is really only medium thickness, so probably wouldn’t keep you warm enough if you prefer something quite thick

• Ka Yang wrote:

I thought the lady day coat was warm enough for fall. Would this be similar to that warmth?

Posted 2.7.22 Reply
        • Jean | Extra Petite wrote:

The Lady Day coat is lined in thinsulate so is a little bit thicker and warmer than this one

Posted 2.8.22 Reply
  6. April Barnes wrote:

Hi Jean,

What a gorgeous coat! Your navy one from your older post is one of my favorite photos…..it is supremely polished and the little details are stunning. Thanks so much for this post and combining polished neutrals again…..classic!

• Jean | Extra Petite wrote:

Your notes are always such a delight, April! So glad you loved the polished details as well xx

7. Fiona wrote:

Hi Jean,

How would you repair the metal tipping on the belt? One of mine has fallen off! Any help/tips would be awesome, since you’re so handy!

• Kate wrote:

What size is your Hermes bag—25 or 28? Also, have you tried the brand Zimmermann? While it’s quite costly, they have the prettiest clothes in size 0P. Highly recommend!

• Jean | Extra Petite wrote:

Hi Kate, my bag is a size 28 and yes I love that Zimmermann makes 0P! Very beautiful quality.

• Jean | Extra Petite wrote:

Hi Fiona, sorry I haven’t had this issue yet on the Ted Baker coat but I’m sure a tailor or cobbler could help! I actually would prefer the belt without the metal tips, personally, since the little golden tips on the fabric belt can be sharp!

Get the newsletter!

What updates would you like?