Happy 4th weekend! A few quick notes on this basic outfit comprised of older closet staples:
- Amour Vert striped tee xs – Soo soft from a sustainability-focused brand. I love my striped tees and this has been my most reached-for one. 3/4 sleeves work well for petites, though shirt length is on the longer side so I usually wear it tucked in.
- A-line skirt with pockets – mine’s old from Uniqlo, but I’ve tried this very similar midi length skirt (30% off; more colors) and it’s a great dupe and fits smaller waists due to the elastic-back waistband.
- Braided leather belt (40% + 10% off) – been happy with this versatile wide belt since you can insert the prong anywhere into the weave, rather than needing precise holes.
It’s no secret we love driving up to Parlee Farms throughout the seasons – in early summer for berries, late summer for juicy peaches and pick your own flowers, and in the fall for apples and pumpkins. We’ve gotten to know the owners while visiting over the years, and they truly pour so much work and heart into this place. Now that Nori is almost 2, it was a totally different experience getting to see the fun and magic through her eyes! This girl delighted in “chatting” with the bunnies and goats (several baby goats born recently!), riding the farm rides on repeat, and picking her favorite fruits straight from the source.
Fruit picking farms do get busy though, even with social distancing protocols, so if possible I’d recommend early morning on a cloudy & cool weekday for visiting with a little one. If you’re going to Parlee, be sure to check their COVID-19 policies and daily picking updates & pricing.
Cherry picking! One of our favorite fruits – always incredible to see trees dripping with ripe cherries.
- H&M: 20% off $75+ and free shipping with code 3521. I have this blazer in white xxs, this pleated midi skirt in xs, and this linen blend dress in xxs (pre pregnancy). Also check out their baby & toddler section for great basics (runs a little big) and their nursing & maternity collection!
- J.Crew: Extra 70% off sale styles and 50% off many non-sale items.
- Ann Taylor: 80% off select items with tops marked down to a flat $25, shoes & dresses to $25. Items still available in xxs / 00 petite: gingham flutter top ($15, originally $69), lavender ruffle shirtdress ($25; originally $149), vibrant cotton linen dress ($25; originally $139). Note final sale on these deals.
- Banana Republic: 40% off regular priced items, extra 50% off sale items, + additional 10% off. See my recent posts on sundress reviews (many are bump friendly) + floral dress.