I’ve been dressing very simply the past few months, but putting on a pretty piece every once in a while has been such a mental pick-me-up! I’m partnering with Nordstrom to also share a few sale picks below at steep discounts, plus their 15% off beauty promo on many popular brands (Update: deal just ended).
I was drawn to this romantic dress for its adjustable and forgiving features, such as ribbon tie shoulder straps and a very stretchy smocked bodice. The fabric is lightweight with embroidered dots and layers of flowy skirt ruffles. The bust area is lined, and the skirt is lined down to the mid thigh area. I tried on both XS and S, and found XS to fit as described like a 00 / 0 and should work on ladies similar to my pre-pregnancy size. XS was actually stretchy enough to fit me in my late second trimester (thanks to the fully smocked midsection), but I sized up for room to grow into, since I can always alter it down in the future!
Measurements of sz S: 14.5″ across the bust, smocked torso is 12.75″ across stretching easily to ~15″ across. Midi length works as a maxi on me with flats (5′ tall)!
Stylish Deals on Pieces I Own or Tried
- Halogen petite floral dress at 40% off, still available in xxs petite. I tried this on and it didn’t fit my pregnancy figure, but I thought it was TTS and a great work-to-weekend piece!
- Topshop jeans at 50% off! Note waists are fitted & run 1 size small, also I find their petite denim lengths to be pretty short.
- White Jamie jeans in petite & regular for $35 (originally $70)!
- Raw hem Jamie jeans in petite & regular for $40
- Lighter summer weight cardigans
- 60% off Nic & Zoe 4-way cardigan in black or white. See petite P on me in a different fabric
- 60% off Halogen linen cardigan. I have & love an older, longer version of this cardigan in the same fabric and same “tan cobblestone” color. See the longer one on me here & here.
- Vince Camuto ankle booties for 60% off!! Very flattering & versatile – See on me here.
15% off Beauty Sale
I’m not sure when this promo ends (Update: deal just ended unfortunately), but it includes tons of brands such as Laura Mercier, Clinique, Shiseido, Kiehl’s, Armani, Lancome and more!
- Products that I use daily, including these from my 10-minute makeup video:
- Stila liquid eyeliner in black
- MAC lipstick in “velvet teddy”
- Shiseido eyelash curler great for almond eye shapes
- Anastasia Brow wiz + mini brow gel set for quick brows on-the-go (I use “Ebony”)
- Jo Malone products including their wood, sage & sea salt scent