I hope you guys are having a relaxing long weekend! I’m partnering with Express to share a few petite-friendly pieces that are up to 50% off … and bonus, most of these are very comfortable and forgiving, whether you’re planning for a special event later this year or wearing casually in your backyard. Fit wise, I’m in my mid second trimester trying on 1 size up from my pre-pregnancy size.
First up, a few classic picks that are not bump-friendly but caught my eye:
1. High waist cropped white pants with lining. This is a popular reader request each year when warm weather rolls around, and a classic pair is pretty hard to find in petite-friendly sizing! I usually buy Short inseams at Express, which typically runs an inch shorter than their Petite inseams.
2. Textured satin cami – shared this a few months back before it went on sale, but I absolutely love this staple and have it in two colors. It’s a medium weight satin with an elegant, slight hammered texture to it and drapes nicely. It has adjustable straps and is fully lined making it feel more substantial. I have xxs which is too snug on my belly these days, but it was a loose casual fit pre-pregnancy.
3. High waist cropped trouser pant (4 colors) – in a pretty new “truffle pink” color. This is a style I can’t rock these days while pregnant, but I’m a huge fan of Express high waisted cropped pants in general and have a few of their older styles. Per reviews, regular sizing fits petite ladies as ankle-length culotte pants.
4. Off the shoulder dot print maxi dress xs petite (also in solid olive or blush)
See first picture in this blog post. This was much cuter than I expected with a few things going for it. The print is camouflaging (could even go braless here if you wish), and the smocked bodice is very forgiving even on a second trimester belly. The XS petites length is full length on me for wearing with flats or low wedges/heels. Fabric is lightweight and flows, with 3 rows of small ruffled tiers across the skirt.
5. Floral twist back maxi dress xs petite
Striking vibrant print in a cut that’s also forgiving at the tummy. There are two wide, stretchy elasticized bands – one under the bust and one at the waist. You can wear them open like on the model, or push them together to have no skin showing in the front like I have on here. The upper back straps are adjustable and the dress is fully lined.
6. High neck tie front jumpsuit – my IG pic made it to their site! : ) What I like about this jumpsuit is the angled halter-like shoulder cut (makes narrow shoulders look shapely), and the tie front torso is quite camouflaging at the belly. The tie only goes around the front half which is smart so you don’t have to tie and untie it when putting it on and off. However, this has a high back zipper closure, so if you’re someone who makes frequent bathroom trips I’d recommend slip on / slip off style jumpsuits instead with no zipper!
7. Ribbed culotte jumpsuit – lightweight stretch rib fabric is comfortable for lounging in casually. I tried regular instead of petite for a little extra length in the torso over a growing belly. Adjustable straps and no zipper for easy on easy off.
Thank you to Express for partnering on this post.