I’ve mentioned before that Nordstorm has been announcing some very good promos every few days, including deals I’ve never seen before (i.e. 50% off ALL Topshop jeans, 40-70% off lots of Ted Baker – Nick loves their bomber jackets)! Through tomorrow, the promo is on gifts and includes crazy discounts on several cozy pieces and accessories that could make good Mother’s Day gifts.
Since it’s been more important than ever to find ways to stay connected and bring a little virtual joy to our loved ones, I wanted to share one fun idea I’ve enjoyed partaking in. A “Quarantine Companion” gift exchange doesn’t quite have the same ring as Secret Santa, but it’s been a nice organized way to send care packages during these times:
- Assign everyone in your friend group one person to send a care package to – we used an app / site like DrawNames, which randomly selects and emails each person with their friend assignment.
- Choose a price point that the group is comfortable with and a date by which all gifts should be ordered. Since many shipping times are delayed right now, it’s not important when the gifts should arrive.
- Share photos in a group thread or do a virtual hangout when everyone’s care packages arrive!
Here’s a few of my gifting sale picks at great price points, all with free ship & returns:
Laid Back Apparel
- Gibson knit blazer (see on me here and in photo #4 here) – 40% off, this is the first time I’ve seen my favorite blazer at this price in the classic colors! It’s a very comfortable sweatshirt material with a slimmer fit that can easily be dressed up or down. Over the years I’ve gotten this stretch blazer in 3 colors (black, white and grey) if I had to pick, Id’ say the grey is the most versatile.
- Topshop jeans (gift to self) – 50% off almost every style! This is an AMAZING deal that’s never happened before. I’ve blogged this brand of jeans often and love the Jamie as well as their cropped straight styles. Just note the waist sizes run at least one size small compared to other brands. I also like that the length of their petite denim (indicated by a “28L” as the second number in the sizing) is actually short enough for very petite ladies. These popular styles are all currently well stocked in petite-friendly small sizes:
- BP “Nori” shorts PJs – These are so soft and comfy! I have these in XXS in the grey mini floral print. The armholes are a little roomy but overall I love this set, not just for the name ; )
- Madewell Regan boot – 70% off in cognac or black, still available in sizes 5 and up.
- BP slouchy open cardigan – 40% off. A good deal for this casual cardigan, which is in a shorter hip length on me and in a slouchy cut great for lounging at home. Weight is light-medium, in the same material as this longer one that I have.
- Bobeau high low cardigan – 50% off. I love almost everything Bobeau for loungewear.
- Halogen linen cardigan – up to 60% off. I have a longer duster length version of this in the same material and “tan cobblestone” color and love it! (See the longer one on me here & here.)
- Ray-ban sunglasses – 30% off or more on all styles!
- Zip around leather wallet with wristlet strap – 40% off in black with great reviews. Or, similar Ted Baker wallet is 40% off in 3 colors.
- BP crossbody bag – 70% off, now under $15. Cuyana camera bag look for less!
- Fringe cable knit scarf – 75% off with good reviews, looks thick and warm.
- Gorjana bar necklace or Lapis charm necklace – 55% off, under $30
- Anthropologie watercolor monogram mug – up to 70% off depending on the letter
- Anthropologie Infuser bottle -40% off
- Candles – 40% off Voluspa sets or Anthro Home “Passionfruit Mandarin” scent
Thank you to Nordstrom for partnering on this post.