Inspired by Nori’s darling mint dress from this post, I’ve been keeping an eye out for a similar grownup piece and found a beautiful quality version at Ann Taylor! They’re having a big promo with 50% off + extra 10% off everything using code TAKECARE (ends 4/11), and free shipping and return shipping on orders over $25. Update: for Saturday 4/11 they are also having a $50 shoe promo that includes all styles aside from new arrivals!
This sheath dress is made of their signature “doubleweave” fabric which is one of my favorites – it’s high quality and durable feeling, with a medium / thicker weight and slight texture and stretch to it. Dress is fully lined with a back zipper, and the cascading ruffle is flattering for highlighting the neckline. Measurements of 00 petite: 15.5″ across underarms, 13.5″ across waist, 16.5″ across hips, 32.5″ length. The waist runs a little big but there are two back darts that you or a tailor could take it in along to make more fitted. Here’s a few other picks from the sale (note I haven’t tried most of these on personally):
50% off sale picks:
- Ruffle sleeve sweater shell – I have an older version of this sweater top in multiple colors, and find it to be a great basic with a feminine flair and comfortable, not-too-thin knit fabric. I’m a fan of the happy yellow color that’s new this season, and one of my older ones is black which has been very versatile for simple pairings.
- Woven ankle strap pumps – These look gorgeous in all the colors, like a warm weather version of my favorite ankle strap pumps.
- Block heel sandals – Low, everyday block heel slip on sandals elevated via a small gold heel base.
- Pull on shorts – I’m a proponent of anything pull on as you guys know, and I especially appreciate more sprightly colors these days.
- Pleated jumpsuit – Modern looking jumpsuit with cropped pleated pants – pleated pants has been another one of my current obsessions for comfort and low maintenance, since they don’t tend to wrinkle! Not to mention they are generally very flattering due to the drape.
- Tie neck blouse (now $33) – AT is my go-to for classic tie neck blouses! See an older version on me.
And a few other recommendations from my previous posts!
- Sheath dress – check my blog post for photos on me, as the actual color looks different from the stock photos!
- Jersey shirred waist dress – knit, very stretchy and maternity friendly.
We have no backyard at our city condo so it’s been tough finding ways to burn Nori’s never-ending toddler energy! We’ve been doing running egg hunts around the house for the past two weeks as a “cardio” exercise and she recently discovered using couch cushions as a trampoline : ) Hoping those who celebrate have a wonderful Passover or Easter week, either with your families at home or virtually!