A favorite resource for deals and sold out pieces

baby girl trench coat janie jack mother daughter outfits

On Nori: Janie & Jack dress (similar & similar) + trench found on eBay // on me: Ann Taylor tweed dress (similar on eBay), similar vintage earrings, similar pumps

Small confession: If I see a Janie & Jack store I can’t NOT go in. After receiving a few pieces for Nori as gifts, I fell into a black hole with their adorable but very expensive kids clothes, to the point that Nick had to distract and steer me away whenever a store came into our line of sight. So I was just a *little* thrilled to find a huge selection of this brand on eBay (for newborn to size 14)! Many are in new or like new condition for a fraction of retail prices, so no guilt when your little one outgrows it a few months later. I have wardrobe envy now due to the finds I’ve scored for Nori, like this scalloped dress and piped trench coat!

Another category I love searching on eBay is popular past-season pieces that are sold out or hard to find. I’ve been getting questions on this knit dress that I rediscovered in my closet, and a quick search yields a few similar styles. In particular, I also love watching Anthropologie petite pieces that pop up on eBay (at awesome prices compared to retail) like this white dress, this fitted dress, and this lace sheath dress

janie jack baby girls trench coatmommy and me baby girl outfits fall family photosjanie jack sale baby girl outfits dresses

janie and jack sale baby girl clothesThank you to eBay for partnering on this post.

16 thoughts on “A favorite resource for deals and sold out pieces

• Reply Janine August 30, 2019 at 1:59 am

Oh my God, you picked up some adorable thinks for little Nori!!
    Xx Janine

• Reply Rena August 30, 2019 at 3:27 am

I have also often great founds on eBay and Nori looks adorable!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

• Reply Carla Krae August 30, 2019 at 3:40 am

She is too damn cute with all that personality starting to show!

• Reply Michael @ Mile in My Glasses August 30, 2019 at 4:08 am

Oh my gosh, so many cute pieces! Also, Nori looks adorable!

I hope you have a great Friday,
    Michael

• Reply Kasey Goins August 30, 2019 at 8:57 am

I would LOVE to know where your chair is from! It’s so cute!!

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite September 5, 2019 at 12:00 am

Hi Kasey, thsi was actually at a rental home we stayed at! The majority of their furniture was either Ikea or Cost Plus World Market

• Reply Gwen Kennedy August 30, 2019 at 9:38 am

Jean – she is just darling… and growing so quickly! I hope you, Nick, and Nori enjoy the holiday weekend!

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite September 5, 2019 at 12:00 am

Thanks so much, we hope you did as well!!

• Reply Elizabeth Tran August 30, 2019 at 3:21 pm

Awww she’s the absolute cutest <3 🙂 In love with all of these adorable picks!

XO, Elizabeth T.

• Reply margie August 31, 2019 at 12:36 am

just too adorable!

• Reply Betty | CHALK Academy August 31, 2019 at 1:39 pm

Ahhh Nori is so adorable, and those dresses are darling! My mother-in-law always gifts our kids Janie & Jack clothes for their birthdays; the clothes are always great quality. Just wanted to add a note that they tend to run small/narrow – the fit seems similar to Ralph Lauren (but not wide like Gap and Old Navy).

• Reply Rachael August 31, 2019 at 3:21 pm

Jane, I have been following you along. I have a little girl who is 3 years now. I bought a lot of Janie and jack for her too.. but I watched for sales everything I liked always went on sale and sometimes I would just shop a sigh higher if I felt the price was a deal. My little one is petite she still fits in a 2 year old dress and I get great use of them. After multiple wash they look so new

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite September 5, 2019 at 12:01 am

Hi Rachel ~ totally agree, their end of season sales are amazing!

• Reply Sandy S September 4, 2019 at 3:34 pm

On your instashop, Like to know it link, the leather shoes show a red bottom, but I can’t see where to buy them. The ones listed in links don’t have red bottoms. Where can I buy them? LOVE your blog. Thanks!!!

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite September 5, 2019 at 12:03 am

Hi Sandy! Thank you! The red soles are from Little Bee Mocs as well. I just updated that InstaShop post to include the red soles ones (I got those for a friend as a gift) but I’m pretty sure the seller can make any style with red soles if you message them!

• Reply Rosie September 5, 2019 at 8:05 pm

Great tip! My body didn’t return to its previous dimensions after pregnancy (even after losing weight!) and a lot of my beloved wardrobe items no longer fit. Some were several years old, but I managed to sell and then-rebuy replacements a size larger thanks to eBay and Poshmark. I was happy to still have my favorite outfits and let go of the stress of trying to return to my previous size.