Vacation Style // Bold Jumpsuits in Petite Sizing

express petites green floral jumpsuit the colony hotel palm beach

Express jumpsuit xs petite c/o (print also avail. in a bump-friendly dress), circle bag, head scarf

I love a good jumpsuit for both lounging around and for special occasions, but from my last post, it’s evident that jumpsuits are not one length flatters all! I’m partnering with Express again and wanted to highlight their jumpsuits in both regular and petite sizing, which makes it easier for fellow short and long torso’d ladies to find the optimal fit.

• Floral Culotte Jumpsuit (worn in this post). I picked this one out for the easy nursing aspect (elastic top is quick to pull down) and all day comfort! The material is stretchy, the waist is elasticized with a drawstring, there’s pockets, and the culotte length is easy to pair with sandals, wedges or espadrilles. As I spend a good part of my days bending over or crawling after an infant, I went up one size for more length in the torso, but would recommend sticking with your usual size. This same print also comes in a swingy, bump-friendly dress with great reviews!
  • Striped surplice jumpsuit on sale!. Currently 50% off! This option features flattering full length pant legs paired with elongating vertical stripes. It’s also nursing friendly with a crossover neckline, adjustable straps, and elastic waist.
  • Lace bodice jumpsuit (also in black or red). I helped a petite friend pick this out in white for a bachelorette trip and it looked beautiful on her! She’s under 5 feet tall and the petite length was perfect with both flats and heels. Recommended for smaller chests unless you don’t mind a pretty low cut.
  • Cross Back Wide Leg Jumpsuit (also in blue or vintage pink in petites). I tried this on in red a while back and the cut was fabulous – fitted and sleek at the top, with draping wider cut legs. The red color however was too bold for me, but I just noticed a few new hues available in petites online! Note the length of the xxs petite requires high heels on someone my height.

summer vacation outfits petite floral jumpsuit
tropical vacation outfits headscarf styling ideas beach vacation headband head scarf hairstyle ideasThank you Express for partnering on this post. You can use code 7416 for $25 off $100 either in-store or online (see coupon terms and conditions).

21 thoughts on “Vacation Style // Bold Jumpsuits in Petite Sizing

• Reply Maureen June 25, 2019 at 10:10 pm

Love the color and print of this jumpsuit! You make motherhood look good! Happy Tuesday.

Maureen

• Reply Janine June 26, 2019 at 12:49 am

Oh wow, the one you are wearing looks absolutely gorgeous on you! You picked out a great selection, thank you!
    xx Janine

• Reply Roses for Fridays | by mia June 26, 2019 at 1:34 am

How cute and adorable is your look! Always a pretty vision!

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog June 26, 2019 at 1:34 am

Beyond cute! 💕 Always love your recommendations. I just hate that some of the items don’t ship to Hong Kong 🙁 (was checking out your recommended one piece swimsuits)

• Reply Michael @ Mile in My Glasses June 26, 2019 at 3:33 am

Love that jumpsuit, Jean! It’s such a pretty pattern and that green shade is gorgeous!

I hope you have a great Wednesday,
    Michael

• Reply Marta June 26, 2019 at 5:27 am

Gorgrous jumpsuit! I love the colour and the pattern. I love jumpsuits but length is something that is definitely hard since I’m considered short in american shopping websites. Thanks for sharing, I’m gonna check those out.

• Reply Lerin June 26, 2019 at 12:23 pm

Love the green jumpsuit! Was wondering where your sunglasses were from?

Thanks so much 🙂
    L

• Reply Nan June 26, 2019 at 1:13 pm

Do you have any recommendation for a tailor for men suits?

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite June 26, 2019 at 9:27 pm

Hi Nan – Not sure where you are located. Do you mean a tailor in Boston?

• Reply Nan June 27, 2019 at 9:44 am

Yes in Boston, I was asking because I recall seeing Nick in nicely tailored blazers. And curious who you use for tailoring.

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite July 3, 2019 at 9:15 pm

Hi Nan, sorry for the delay! I go to a lovely Chinese tailor in Chinatown on Knapp St but I would not trust him with tailored or high end suiting. Nick usually buys his suiting pretty slim cut so the jackets don’t need tailoring (just the pant hems). We recommend Theory slim fit, J.Crew Ludlow, Topman and sometimes Express which offer slim fit that needs minimal tailoring. Also my friends go to Rodolfo in Copley for mens tailoring.

• Reply Jenn June 26, 2019 at 11:16 pm

Beautiful style. The jumpsuit looks fab on you!! Would also love to see a tutorial on how you did the headband for your hair 🙂 thank you!

• Reply Ly June 26, 2019 at 11:25 pm

Hi! For strapless dresses/jumpsuits, what do you for nursing bra?

• Reply Jean | Extra Petite July 3, 2019 at 9:16 pm

Hi Ly, I use adhesive nippies (since I dont “leak” milk anymore after my supply normalized) but I also recommend a regular simple bandeau style soft bra (some have soft cup inserts) that you can simply pull down to nurse.

• Reply Neeltje | Thoughts in Style June 27, 2019 at 1:56 am

That’s such a stunning jumpsuit!

• Reply Mariya Zafirova June 27, 2019 at 12:42 pm

You look amazing!

Mariya |

• Reply Jae June 27, 2019 at 3:22 pm

That green jumpsuit is perfect for vaca! Love the fun print! Jumpsuits are seriously the easiest way to get dressed in a matter of seconds!
    Jae

• Reply Elizabeth T. June 27, 2019 at 6:56 pm

In love with this super chic jumpsuit <3 🙂 It's super cute! And I love the print so much!

XO, Elizabeth T.

• Reply Alexa M Johnson June 28, 2019 at 8:58 am

Loving this print on you. It’s perfect for summer!

• Reply Shelley June 28, 2019 at 11:05 pm

This is so cute! You are dangerous for my bank account! : )