2 Stunning Maxi Dresses for a Spring Wedding

stylish petite blog pink maxi dress headband

Trying on Banana Republic dress 00 Petite (2 colors) – 40% off with BRSHOP on sale!, headband, earrings

Thank you, thank you guys so much for the overwhelming kindness after my last post and for sharing some of your very personal stories. I am floored by the response and grateful this platform enables us to have more open conversations like this. On that note, I’m excited to meet and talk with some of you at my Boston meet-up this Sunday, held at one of my favorite nonprofit bookstores supporting local youth!

For today’s post, I’m continuing my partnership with Banana Republic and sharing some of their stunning maxi dress options right now! I tried on two maxi cuts – one short sleeved, one 3/4 sleeved. Both cuts are available in different prints and fabrics that can suit either more casual daytime to dressier evening looks. The fabrics I tried on all flow beautifully, and come in regular, petite, and tall sizing! I also love that their maxi dresses in petites are actually short enough for me to wear with low shoes (I’m ~5 feet tall, for reference).

pink satin maxi dress petite fashion blog outfits

Flutter Sleeve Maxi Dress

This cut features very short flutter sleeves, an elasticized waistband, a small ruffle at the waist and a more generous one at the hem. It comes in a colorful botanical print in lightweight chiffon, and also a solid pink or blue color in soft satin. The print is more playful while the satin is more romantic and elegant, perfect for a wedding guest outfit. I tried both on and was torn! The botanical print won out by a very small margin for me. The pink is not blush, but rather a more dusty mauve pink color that’s a little more timeless and elegant, in my opinion! You can throw on a denim jacket to dress it down or add statement earrings and a clutch for evening.

Fit wise, this cut is TTS with a forgiving elastic waistband (can also work over a small bump) and minimal stretch in the fabric. The chest on my usual size was almost fitted across my nursing boobs, so I went 1 size up for more room, however the dress in my regular size fits better everywhere else. The botanical print is currently sold out, but I have seen small sizes pop back every few days, so check back!

spring wedding outfit how to style a headband

BR botanical dress 0P (also comes in a button-down or sleeveless top), BR denim jacket xxsp (current version), Dune sandals, accessories

Sleeved Maxi Dress

Another dress I tried on that was better than expected is this belted button down striped maxi dress (nursing friendly) with pockets! Fit is true to size, and the same cut also comes in a chic leopard print. The shirtdress style can easily be dressed down with flat sandals or mules and a casual tote, or dressed up with statement earrings and a small handbag. Both of these are currently fully stocked in small petite sizing – I’ll show a fit photo soon!

savannah georgia southern fashion floral print maxi dress
petite floral maxi dress wedding guest outfit
the daily edited pink leather circle bag review
savannah georgia spring outfits petite blogger

Thank you to Banana Republic for partnering on this post. Which version of the flutter sleeve maxi dress do you like better – solid satin or botanical print?

23 thoughts on “2 Stunning Maxi Dresses for a Spring Wedding

• Janine March 23, 2019 at 5:56 am

Oh my god that potanical maxi dress is my favorite it looks drop dead gorgeous on you! You totally inspired me to go for light flower print for spring this year, I love how romantic and girly, yet absolutely stylish it looks – it’s just a print that makes you happy when you look at it, no?
    Thanks for sharing, you look so beautiful in those dresses!
    xx Janine

• Brandi March 23, 2019 at 9:02 am

I like the solid blue! When I saw the two it reminded me of Sleeping Beauty when the fairys argue over the dress.. ‘make it pink! Make it blue! No, pink! Blue!!’ 😄 Im not usually a pink fan but its nice and does give off a sweet romantic vibe. But my pick would be the blue! I need to check out BR’s dress options. Ive never tried their maxis, usually when I try a petite maxi its still dragging the floor. Thanks for giving fit and length details. Have a great weekend! 😁

• Carol March 23, 2019 at 10:19 am

Love that print! I am always afraid to wear maxi dresses but you gave me hope!

• Jessie March 23, 2019 at 12:33 pm

I really like the solid pink! Also got the button down shirt in botanical print for work, it’s so perfect! I love Banana Republic so much for the petites sizes and their quality, their clothes are amazing 🙂

• Rosanne March 23, 2019 at 9:51 pm

I don’t know if anyone else has this problem, but I use Bloglovin as my primary reader. Lately, however the way it loads – your blog in particular – don’t show the full post. For example, some links go to Google home page, while others go as directed. There doesn’t seem to be an apparent pattern. Also – the small slide show of the dresses recommended didn’t show on Bloglovin but did when I used the View Original Post link.

Love your blog! Love all the maxis on you!

• Jean | Extra Petite April 10, 2019 at 5:14 pm

Hi Rosanne, sorry I missed your message earlier! That is so odd – I actually don’t use BLoglovin so I am not familiar with the issue, but I’ve sent an email to them asking.

• Briana March 23, 2019 at 10:11 pm

I love how you styled each of these!

Briana

• Elizabeth T. March 23, 2019 at 11:27 pm

In love with both of these maxi dresses <3 🙂 They're so elegant and classy!

XO, Elizabeth T.

• Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog March 23, 2019 at 11:38 pm

I love these dresses, especially the second one, Jean! Perfect for spring! 🙂 ❤️

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

• Valeri Pighini March 24, 2019 at 12:14 pm

I love, love, love what you did with your hair in these photos.

• Annie March 25, 2019 at 4:38 am

The pink circle bag is so special! Love it
    Annie

• Debbie March 25, 2019 at 4:42 am

Stunning dresses. I love their cut and length. The one in the nude colour is my favourite. I like it for its versatility and femininity.

• Anonymous March 25, 2019 at 3:54 pm

love the jeweled heeled sandals, where are those from? – your post says Dune sandal

• Jean | Extra Petite April 10, 2019 at 5:15 pm

Yes the brand is called Dune! It’s a brand from London, but I got them a few years ago.

• Andreea March 26, 2019 at 2:15 am

As a petite, I’m always a bit reticent to wear maxi dresses, especially with prints, but the dress looks great on you. I’ll have to try it on although I’d probably pick the blush pink one!

• Linda March 26, 2019 at 5:46 am

Beautiful outfits

• Bei March 27, 2019 at 10:54 am

Look beautiful! I’m always amazed to see you in shorts in chilled weather. I would freeze just by imagining me in these dresses in such weather. Boston is not warmer than where I am, but I still need to wear thick coat and boots. Would you please share some tips on how to dress lightly while keeping oneself warm? Thanks!

• Jean | Extra Petite April 10, 2019 at 5:13 pm

These photos were taken in Savannah, not Boston! Not quite weather for this yet here. An easy tip for Boston is layering a turtleneck tee under dresses or sleeveless tops, or try Uniqlo thermals under regular tops.

• May March 28, 2019 at 2:58 am

Love that spring is finally here and I can wear maxi dresses again. I absolutely am in love with the floral one! Also, loving your head band too.

May || https://themoderness.com/

• Jeanne April 10, 2019 at 4:16 pm

Can you tell me where you got the sandals with the clear block heel in the photos .
    these are not the ones that you called Dunes shoes

• Jean | Extra Petite April 10, 2019 at 5:13 pm

Hello – the sandals with the clear jeweled heel are by Dune! It’s a brand from London. Unfortunately I got them a few years ago though but maybe they can be found on Poshmark or eBay as pre-owned.

• Ruby April 14, 2019 at 11:55 pm

Jean, I am self conscious about my arms! Would I be able to wear the botanical dress with a blue denim jean jacket (to dress down for daily wear &/or a cardigan? Or would that ‘waste’ the dress. It’s so pretty❤️

• Jean | Extra Petite April 15, 2019 at 10:43 am

Hi Ruby, that absolutely works! I have been wearing it with both blue and white denim jackets, and a cropped cardigan (or a regular cardigan tied casually at your waist in the front) works too.