Meet Nori

floral pajamas petite fashion birth hospital bag outfit

In Bloom pajamas sz XS (love the cropped pant length for petites), Copper Pearl peach baby blanket, Top Knots stripe swaddle + hat, First Hello name tag

I’ve been MIA from the internet lately, as Nick and I welcomed our little girl to the world a few days ago! She came in at 6lb 9oz and 19 inches long, and her name is Nora Wang Nelson. But we’re going to call her “Nori” for as long as she allows us to ; )

newborn baby girl hospital photo name tag swaddle

extra petite baby girl nori
copper pearl swaddle blankets peach

Our expressive girl!

newborn baby hospital bed birth announcement

Copper Pearl peach blanket (soft & stretchy – they have the cutest baby stuff)

Everyone tells me this sweet newborn phase flies by too quickly. As brand new parents we’re trying to take in every cuddly, beautiful, poop-filled, sleep-deprived moment, but it still doesn’t quite feel real that she’s here and she’s all ours. With each day we’re discovering new things about her, as she grows both physically and in her little personality. She’s part Chinese, Filipino, and mixed European – and we can’t wait for her to learn more about her heritage as she grows up.

extra petite blog dad diaper change newborn baby

Dad’s first diaper change

nuna pipa carseat coming home outfit newborn baby

I got several questions about Nori’s birth story and can’t wait to share that in a bit along with hospital bag tips (now that I can actually speak to some things I found useful)! And no matter how you give birth, the postpartum period is no joke physically, mentally and emotionally, so I might share my experience with that too if there’s any interest.

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you all so much for your kind messages and comments and for being with us on our journey to her. We’re so excited to see where she takes us next.

166 thoughts on “Meet Nori

• Petite Picks August 24, 2018 at 6:30 pm

Congratulations!!!!!!

• Anna August 24, 2018 at 6:35 pm

Congrats! And yes, please please please share about the post partum period (good, bad and ugly). I feel like most people don’t really talk about that! And also how is your journey with breastfeeding? It was so hard for me in the beginning. No pressure at all though, truly believe “fed is best!”

• Ashley Frei August 24, 2018 at 6:42 pm

Yes! Would be interested in hearing your birth experience and post-partum recovery! Totally agree it is no joke! Wishing you a speedy recovering and lots of love! I hope to meet you someday and maybe baby Nora! You’re such a beautiful little family!!

• Jenny August 24, 2018 at 6:50 pm

Congratulations, she is SO beautiful!

• Gemma August 24, 2018 at 6:54 pm

Congratulations to you and Nick! Nori is the cutest little nickname for the cutest little girl! Cannot wait to read your blog and watch your IGs as you start this new journey as a family of three. So happy for you both!

• Phuong August 24, 2018 at 8:03 pm

Congratulations, Jean and Nick!! Nori is beautiful!! What a happy and exciting time for you all and I’m so happy for you! It would be great if you did a hospital bag and postpartum post, though you should definitely rest and enjoy he newborn phase now! Thank you for all the posts on your journey to motherhood! I have a similar journey and am two weeks away from my due date and all your posts have been sooo helpful! Congrats again!!!

• Jenna August 24, 2018 at 9:37 pm

Congratulations on your beautiful little arrival!

• Dee August 24, 2018 at 9:50 pm

The post we’ve been waiting for…welcome Nori!! 😀

• Melanie August 24, 2018 at 10:54 pm

A .huge Congratulations! Enjoy every previous new moment with your beautiful little Girl. What a delightful name Nori is. Xx

• Carol W August 24, 2018 at 11:40 pm

Congrats! Welcome to motherhood!

• Cindy August 24, 2018 at 11:53 pm

Congratulations! I have never commented but have been reading your blog for a long time. Enjoy every cuddle and every moment with your beautiful baby girl!

• Mandy August 25, 2018 at 8:43 am

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter! Wishing so many happy memories to your growing family! I am on a similar journey as you and can’t tell you how much I’ve appreciated your openness with your blog posts. Thank you! Enjoy your time with your family for sure, and when/if time permits I’d absolutely love to read a post about Nori’s birth story, your hospital bag and postpartum advice!

• Chery August 25, 2018 at 9:53 am

I’m a Long-time listener, first-time caller of your Blog. She’s Absolutely beautiful! Congrats to you and Nick! Welcome to the ‘hood – Parenthood, that is!

• Elizabeth T. August 25, 2018 at 11:48 am

So incredibly happy for both you and Nick, as well as your families! Congratulations again! <3 🙂 Nora is sooo beautiful and precious!

XO, Elizabeth T.

• Ling August 25, 2018 at 4:25 pm

Congratulations! Nori is beautiful, hope she grows up to be foodies just like her parents 🙂

• Jandrew August 25, 2018 at 4:28 pm

Congratulations 🍾🎊 welcome to the world Nori . From what I’ve gathered from a year reading your Mom’s blog, you’re a very lucky girl . Mommy and Daddy both seem like great people . Of course you be the best dressed baby around , have fun exploring your life!!
    Jandrew
    Dress The Part

• Selena August 25, 2018 at 5:42 pm

Congratulations to you and your little family Jean! Babe looks adorable. Try and get some rest. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Don’t forget to sniff that baby head.

• May August 25, 2018 at 6:51 pm

Congrats Jean and Nick! Nora (Nori) looks so cute and tiny! Definitely enjoy those newborn moments when you can.

May || http://themoderness.com

• Connie August 25, 2018 at 6:59 pm

Congratulations! Enjoy and take care!

• Mimk August 25, 2018 at 9:03 pm

Congratulations! Love the name. My mom was named Nora and I think that Nori is an adorable nickname. You look awesome! Enjoy your time with Nori…it is the best!

• Elizabeth August 26, 2018 at 8:05 am

Hi Jean!
    I’ve been reading your blog and never made a comment before. When I saw your post this morning and beautiful Nori it brought tears to my eyes. I’m so happy for you both. It’s been such a journey for you. I can’t imagine the joy you must feel. Enjoy these precious moments. Please accept my heartfelt congratulations and well wishes. You did it mama!
    Elizabeth

• Coreen August 26, 2018 at 8:39 am

Congrats! She is a cutie.

• KFM August 26, 2018 at 10:52 am

Congratulations and thanks for sharing! We are expecting our first baby girl in early November. Been extra following your blog recently re: maternity and looking forward for your newborn tips as well. Take care <333

• Irene August 26, 2018 at 12:29 pm

Nori! That’s so adorable 😀 Any relation to seaweed? Wishing you guys all the best with your beautiful baby!!

• Anna August 26, 2018 at 3:37 pm

congratulations! she is sooo lovely!!

• Maria August 26, 2018 at 3:38 pm

I wish you and your family continued success and health. May blessings continue to shower on you all.

• Christa L Sagmoe August 26, 2018 at 5:38 pm

Nori is absolutely precious! Congrats to you both.

Christa | https://theavidpen.com

• Gigi August 26, 2018 at 8:30 pm

Congratulations to you and your family, Jean! And yes, please share your experiences with us.

• Linna August 26, 2018 at 10:47 pm

Congratulations, Jean & Nick!! So happy for you and so glad that Nori is finally here and healthy and happy!

• Oanh August 27, 2018 at 1:18 pm

She is adorable! Congrats!!!

• Margaret Schwartz August 27, 2018 at 3:51 pm

Jean, I am so happy for your family! My mother, who passed away last November, was named Nora. It’s the most beautiful name in the world to me. I love the idea of calling her “Nori” too. As a mother of three who is sending her twin boys (thank you IVF) to college this fall, my advice to you is to cherish every day, because it does go fast. And thanks for excellent advice and inspiration over the years.

• Melissa August 27, 2018 at 3:58 pm

Jean, congratulations! Nori is the cutest and I’m so happy you’re already planning to introduce her to all the cultures that make up her mixed background – I am not mixed, but I grew up in many different cultures, and I could not ask for a better childhood. I wish you a speedy recovery and all the best!!!

• Lavish August 27, 2018 at 4:50 pm

Congratulations to both of you!!

• Osy osehie August 27, 2018 at 5:49 pm

OMG!!! She is so adorable. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Welcome Nori

• Bo August 27, 2018 at 9:02 pm

I have been a long time reader. Your baby is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations. I hope you enjoy as much time as possible with your little one. I am due in 2 weeks.

I was wondering if you would be doing a diaper bag review?

• Rachel August 27, 2018 at 10:42 pm

Congratulations! I’ve followed your blog for years, and it feels like I know you. So happy for you. Best wishes for a bright future. She is beautiful.

• Mary August 27, 2018 at 11:10 pm

congratulations! she is a beautiful little blessing! absolutely stunning.
    and thank you for sharing all your beautiful style inspiration.

• susan rawls August 28, 2018 at 12:07 am

Congratulation! She is so beautiful!

• Selena August 28, 2018 at 1:37 am

Congratulations on the birth of your bundle of joy! She is beautiful like her mommy. I love that you are sharing where you bought all of your cute baby things.

Wishing your family the best!

• B August 28, 2018 at 9:58 am

The biggest congratulations to both of you! So lovely to hear about how you are doing. Would love to hear any tips if you’re willing to share!

• Jenny Yang August 28, 2018 at 10:07 am

congrats you two! this day had to be so special-been loving following along on your journeys and can’t wait to see what amazing parents you are going to be!
    xx jen

• Jenn August 29, 2018 at 4:25 am

Congratulations to you both! She’s beautiful. She looks like daddy. I just had my baby in July and so far the toughest is getting her to sleep at night. Enjoy your bundle of joy and take lots of pictures.;)

• Amy Lee August 29, 2018 at 10:59 am

So happy for you and your family Jean! Congratulations!

• Rachel Johnson August 29, 2018 at 2:41 pm

Congratulations.

• The Pink Pineapple August 29, 2018 at 4:44 pm

Congratulations for this blessing!! You’re so lucky, I hope many blessings for you and for your little family

• Jane August 29, 2018 at 10:55 pm

Oh my God, Jean! So happy for you, congratulations!!! Nori is adorable!!! Enjoy motherhood, it suits you well!

• Revanche @ A Gai Shan Life August 30, 2018 at 2:57 am

I hadn’t checked here yet because I assumed you were still too sleep deprived to post but I should not have underestimated your ability! 🙂

So many congratulations on Nori’s safe arrival and I hope you are healing well after all that work!

• Liz August 30, 2018 at 10:51 am

Congratulations !!!! This is such an exciting time! My baby is 8 months old now but I feel like it was just yesterday I was holding him in the hospital. Take your time and savor these moments. It’s true what they say – the days are long but the years are short. Take care of yourself too!

• Linda August 30, 2018 at 11:14 am

congratulations!!! the girl is not the best looking but she has a good eye for fashion! 🙂

• Mary August 30, 2018 at 11:27 am

She is so so beautiful! Congratulations! It’s the most exhilarating time of your life. I remember being awaken in the middle of the night and remembering, “Oh my gosh I have a child!” I truly is the biggest emotional, physical and social adjustment you will ever make. Enjoy your early days of parenthood.