Meet Nori

floral pajamas petite fashion birth hospital bag outfit

In Bloom pajamas sz XS (love the cropped pant length for petites), Copper Pearl peach baby blanket, Top Knots stripe swaddle + hat, First Hello name tag

I’ve been MIA from the internet lately, as Nick and I welcomed our little girl to the world a few days ago! She came in at 6lb 9oz and 19 inches long, and her name is Nora Wang Nelson. But we’re going to call her “Nori” for as long as she allows us to ; )

newborn baby girl hospital photo name tag swaddle

extra petite baby girl nori
copper pearl swaddle blankets peach

Our expressive girl!

newborn baby hospital bed birth announcement

Copper Pearl peach blanket (soft & stretchy – they have the cutest baby stuff)

Everyone tells me this sweet newborn phase flies by too quickly. As brand new parents we’re trying to take in every cuddly, beautiful, poop-filled, sleep-deprived moment, but it still doesn’t quite feel real that she’s here and she’s all ours. With each day we’re discovering new things about her, as she grows both physically and in her little personality. She’s part Chinese, Filipino, and mixed European – and we can’t wait for her to learn more about her heritage as she grows up.

extra petite blog dad diaper change newborn baby

Dad’s first diaper change

nuna pipa carseat coming home outfit newborn baby

I got several questions about Nori’s birth story and can’t wait to share that in a bit along with hospital bag tips (now that I can actually speak to some things I found useful)! And no matter how you give birth, the postpartum period is no joke physically, mentally and emotionally, so I might share my experience with that too if there’s any interest.

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you all so much for your kind messages and comments and for being with us on our journey to her. We’re so excited to see where she takes us next.

166 Comments

1. Halley wrote:

SO CUTE! I just love all of these newborn photos! Where did you get the Newborn name tags?!?!

Posted 2.6.19 Reply
  2. Margot wrote:

Congratulations to you both on the beautiful little addition to your family. Nori is beautiful..

Posted 9.19.18 Reply
  3. Long TIme Reader wrote:

Beautiful! Congratulations!

Posted 9.17.18 Reply
  4. Lili wrote:

Congrats on this bundle of joy!!! I absolutely adore the photos. She’s a cutie pie 🙂

Posted 9.6.18 Reply
  5. Kelley wrote:

Congratulations, she is SUCH a beautiful newborn!! I’d love to hear your birth story!

Posted 9.5.18 Reply
  6. Sara wrote:

Congratulations!! Beautiful family!

Posted 9.4.18 Reply
  7. Anyi wrote:

Congratulations so happy for you guys!!

Posted 9.4.18 Reply
  8. Julie Troutman wrote:

Congratulations to you both! Nori is beautiful 😃

Posted 9.3.18 Reply
  9. Beth wrote:

Congrats you guys, Nori is beautiful! You must be proud as punch. Can’t wait to see her dressed up in more outfits, she can’t go wrong with 2 such stylish parents!
    By the way I HAD to immediately purchase the Copper Pearl peach blanket for our newborn girl as soon as I saw your pic – it has just arrived and is even more gorgeous in real life! Thanks for the inspo Jean, and thank god they have an Aussie site too! All the best getting to know your little one, your birth story made me teary, remembering the arrival of our daughter. I hope you are recovering well and Nick is looking after his 2 best girls! X

Posted 9.2.18 Reply
  10. Kaylee wrote:

I would really benefit from a post about your postpartum experience! 🙂

Posted 9.2.18 Reply
  11. eun wrote:

Congratulations! You are in for the ride of your life. Buckle up and enjoy. Many blessings to all of you.

Posted 9.1.18 Reply
  12. Lisa wrote:

From the photos, I can see that Nori is strong and poised and she know what she likes. She will do well, especially with parents like you. Yes, those early months are much harder than most dare to mention. Share away!

Posted 9.1.18 Reply
  13. JoannGad wrote:

Congratulations to you and your husband! Such a sweet baby girl!

Posted 9.1.18 Reply
  14. su wrote:

Congratulations!!!
    Nori is so Precious and Beautiful .
    Lots of luve and blessings to the little angel.
    Very Happy for both of you. Take Care.

Posted 8.31.18 Reply
  15. Mei wrote:

Congratulations, she is SO beautiful!

Posted 8.31.18 Reply
  16. Helen wrote:

Congratulations to you and your husband! Nora is a beautiful blessing <3! Been reading up your blog and just wanted you to know how very happy I am for you!

Posted 8.31.18 Reply
  17. Mary wrote:

She is so so beautiful! Congratulations! It’s the most exhilarating time of your life. I remember being awaken in the middle of the night and remembering, “Oh my gosh I have a child!” I truly is the biggest emotional, physical and social adjustment you will ever make. Enjoy your early days of parenthood.

Posted 8.30.18 Reply
  18. Linda wrote:

congratulations!!! the girl is not the best looking but she has a good eye for fashion! 🙂

Posted 8.30.18 Reply
  19. Liz wrote:

Congratulations !!!! This is such an exciting time! My baby is 8 months old now but I feel like it was just yesterday I was holding him in the hospital. Take your time and savor these moments. It’s true what they say – the days are long but the years are short. Take care of yourself too!

Posted 8.30.18 Reply
  20. I hadn’t checked here yet because I assumed you were still too sleep deprived to post but I should not have underestimated your ability! 🙂

So many congratulations on Nori’s safe arrival and I hope you are healing well after all that work!

Posted 8.30.18 Reply
  21. Jane wrote:

Oh my God, Jean! So happy for you, congratulations!!! Nori is adorable!!! Enjoy motherhood, it suits you well!

Posted 8.29.18 Reply
  22. Congratulations for this blessing!! You’re so lucky, I hope many blessings for you and for your little family

Posted 8.29.18 Reply
  23. Rachel Johnson wrote:

Congratulations.

Posted 8.29.18 Reply
  24. Amy Lee wrote:

So happy for you and your family Jean! Congratulations!

Posted 8.29.18 Reply
  25. Jenn wrote:

Congratulations to you both! She’s beautiful. She looks like daddy. I just had my baby in July and so far the toughest is getting her to sleep at night. Enjoy your bundle of joy and take lots of pictures.;)

Posted 8.29.18 Reply
  26. Jenny Yang wrote:

congrats you two! this day had to be so special-been loving following along on your journeys and can’t wait to see what amazing parents you are going to be!
    xx jen

Posted 8.28.18 Reply
  27. B wrote:

The biggest congratulations to both of you! So lovely to hear about how you are doing. Would love to hear any tips if you’re willing to share!

Posted 8.28.18 Reply
  28. Selena wrote:

Congratulations on the birth of your bundle of joy! She is beautiful like her mommy. I love that you are sharing where you bought all of your cute baby things.

Wishing your family the best!

Posted 8.28.18 Reply
  29. susan rawls wrote:

Congratulation! She is so beautiful!

Posted 8.28.18 Reply
  30. Mary wrote:

congratulations! she is a beautiful little blessing! absolutely stunning.
    and thank you for sharing all your beautiful style inspiration.

Posted 8.27.18 Reply
  31. Rachel wrote:

Congratulations! I’ve followed your blog for years, and it feels like I know you. So happy for you. Best wishes for a bright future. She is beautiful.

Posted 8.27.18 Reply
  32. Bo wrote:

I have been a long time reader. Your baby is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations. I hope you enjoy as much time as possible with your little one. I am due in 2 weeks.

I was wondering if you would be doing a diaper bag review?

Posted 8.27.18 Reply
  33. Osy osehie wrote:

OMG!!! She is so adorable. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Welcome Nori

Posted 8.27.18 Reply
  34. Lavish wrote:

Congratulations to both of you!!

Posted 8.27.18 Reply
  35. Melissa wrote:

Jean, congratulations! Nori is the cutest and I’m so happy you’re already planning to introduce her to all the cultures that make up her mixed background – I am not mixed, but I grew up in many different cultures, and I could not ask for a better childhood. I wish you a speedy recovery and all the best!!!

Posted 8.27.18 Reply
  36. Margaret Schwartz wrote:

Jean, I am so happy for your family! My mother, who passed away last November, was named Nora. It’s the most beautiful name in the world to me. I love the idea of calling her “Nori” too. As a mother of three who is sending her twin boys (thank you IVF) to college this fall, my advice to you is to cherish every day, because it does go fast. And thanks for excellent advice and inspiration over the years.

Posted 8.27.18 Reply
  37. Oanh wrote:

She is adorable! Congrats!!!

Posted 8.27.18 Reply
  38. Linna wrote:

Congratulations, Jean & Nick!! So happy for you and so glad that Nori is finally here and healthy and happy!

Posted 8.26.18 Reply
  39. Gigi wrote:

Congratulations to you and your family, Jean! And yes, please share your experiences with us.

Posted 8.26.18 Reply
  40. Nori is absolutely precious! Congrats to you both.

Christa | https://theavidpen.com

Posted 8.26.18 Reply
  41. Maria wrote:

I wish you and your family continued success and health. May blessings continue to shower on you all.

Posted 8.26.18 Reply
  42. Anna wrote:

congratulations! she is sooo lovely!!

Posted 8.26.18 Reply
  43. Irene wrote:

Nori! That’s so adorable 😀 Any relation to seaweed? Wishing you guys all the best with your beautiful baby!!

Posted 8.26.18 Reply
  44. KFM wrote:

Congratulations and thanks for sharing! We are expecting our first baby girl in early November. Been extra following your blog recently re: maternity and looking forward for your newborn tips as well. Take care <333

Posted 8.26.18 Reply
  45. Coreen wrote:

Congrats! She is a cutie.

Posted 8.26.18 Reply
  46. Elizabeth wrote:

Hi Jean!
    I’ve been reading your blog and never made a comment before. When I saw your post this morning and beautiful Nori it brought tears to my eyes. I’m so happy for you both. It’s been such a journey for you. I can’t imagine the joy you must feel. Enjoy these precious moments. Please accept my heartfelt congratulations and well wishes. You did it mama!
    Elizabeth

Posted 8.26.18 Reply
  47. Mimk wrote:

Congratulations! Love the name. My mom was named Nora and I think that Nori is an adorable nickname. You look awesome! Enjoy your time with Nori…it is the best!

Posted 8.25.18 Reply
  48. Connie wrote:

Congratulations! Enjoy and take care!

Posted 8.25.18 Reply
  49. May wrote:

Congrats Jean and Nick! Nora (Nori) looks so cute and tiny! Definitely enjoy those newborn moments when you can.

May || http://themoderness.com

Posted 8.25.18 Reply
  50. Selena wrote:

Congratulations to you and your little family Jean! Babe looks adorable. Try and get some rest. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Don’t forget to sniff that baby head.

Posted 8.25.18 Reply
  51. Jandrew wrote:

Congratulations 🍾🎊 welcome to the world Nori . From what I’ve gathered from a year reading your Mom’s blog, you’re a very lucky girl . Mommy and Daddy both seem like great people . Of course you be the best dressed baby around , have fun exploring your life!!
    Jandrew
    Dress The Part

Posted 8.25.18 Reply
  52. Ling wrote:

Congratulations! Nori is beautiful, hope she grows up to be foodies just like her parents 🙂

Posted 8.25.18 Reply
  53. So incredibly happy for both you and Nick, as well as your families! Congratulations again! <3 🙂 Nora is sooo beautiful and precious!

XO, Elizabeth T.

Posted 8.25.18 Reply
  54. Chery wrote:

I’m a Long-time listener, first-time caller of your Blog. She’s Absolutely beautiful! Congrats to you and Nick! Welcome to the ‘hood – Parenthood, that is!

Posted 8.25.18 Reply
  55. Mandy wrote:

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter! Wishing so many happy memories to your growing family! I am on a similar journey as you and can’t tell you how much I’ve appreciated your openness with your blog posts. Thank you! Enjoy your time with your family for sure, and when/if time permits I’d absolutely love to read a post about Nori’s birth story, your hospital bag and postpartum advice!

Posted 8.25.18 Reply
  56. Cindy wrote:

Congratulations! I have never commented but have been reading your blog for a long time. Enjoy every cuddle and every moment with your beautiful baby girl!

57. Carol W wrote:

Congrats! Welcome to motherhood!

58. Melanie wrote:

A .huge Congratulations! Enjoy every previous new moment with your beautiful little Girl. What a delightful name Nori is. Xx

59. Dee wrote:

The post we’ve been waiting for…welcome Nori!! 😀

60. Jenna wrote:

Congratulations on your beautiful little arrival!

61. Phuong wrote:

Congratulations, Jean and Nick!! Nori is beautiful!! What a happy and exciting time for you all and I’m so happy for you! It would be great if you did a hospital bag and postpartum post, though you should definitely rest and enjoy he newborn phase now! Thank you for all the posts on your journey to motherhood! I have a similar journey and am two weeks away from my due date and all your posts have been sooo helpful! Congrats again!!!

62. Gemma wrote:

Congratulations to you and Nick! Nori is the cutest little nickname for the cutest little girl! Cannot wait to read your blog and watch your IGs as you start this new journey as a family of three. So happy for you both!

63. Jenny wrote:

Congratulations, she is SO beautiful!

64. Ashley Frei wrote:

Yes! Would be interested in hearing your birth experience and post-partum recovery! Totally agree it is no joke! Wishing you a speedy recovering and lots of love! I hope to meet you someday and maybe baby Nora! You’re such a beautiful little family!!

65. Anna wrote:

Congrats! And yes, please please please share about the post partum period (good, bad and ugly). I feel like most people don’t really talk about that! And also how is your journey with breastfeeding? It was so hard for me in the beginning. No pressure at all though, truly believe “fed is best!”

66. Congratulations!!!!!!

67. Lauren wrote:

Congratulations Jean and Nick! I’ve followed your journey and I’m so happy for the two of you! May your little blessing bring you both lots of happiness, even through those sleepless nights. 🙂

68. Laticia Correa wrote:

Oh my gracious!! I cannot get over how precious this sweet girl is! My heart is filled with joy at this long awaited moment for you and Nick. Thanks again for continuing to share this journey with us!

69. Char wrote:

Oh my goodness congratulations to you both!!!!! She looks just like Nick in that 1st pic!! Very best wishes to you and your families. Also, you look radiant!

70. Shikha wrote:

Congratulations!!! She is beautiful!
    God Bless her!

71. Jae wrote:

Congratulations, Jean and Nick! She is one beautiful baby!
    Jae

72. Christina wrote:

Congrats, Nick & Jean! She’s gorgeous. I’ve been reading you since the early days of the blog – love seeing good things happen for good people. Enjoy this time. xx

73. Leah wrote:

Congratulations! Nori is a wonderful name. You’re going to have so much fun with her!

74. Elizabeth wrote:

Congratulations !

75. talia wrote:

Welcome to the world, baby Nori! Congratulations on your beautiful and healthy baby girl. What a blessing ~ enjoy every minute of this very special time.

76. Gwen Kennedy wrote:

Jean – Congratulations to you both!! I am so happy for you and have been following your journey and sending love (though not commenting) during this whole time. Welcome to the world little Nori! 🙂 She is a darling!

77. Gaelle wrote:

Congrats to you both! Enjoy and all the best!

78. Jocelan wrote:

Wow! Congrats on your journey to being parents and your baby Nori is super cute too!

79. Vi wrote:

Congrats on your baby girl! I’m 23 weeks along with a baby girl as well and would appreciate any tips on hospital bag & post partum .

80. katrina wrote:

Congratulations to your family, Jean! Nora is such a cutie.

xo,
    katrina

81. Cynthia wrote:

Congrats! She looks strong and healthy.
    Please post about the postpartum time. I had no clue and think it’s good to get the word out.

Posted 8.24.18 Reply
  82. She is gorgeous! Congratulations!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath

83. Miu @meetinghalfway wrote:

This post already made my heart full – Thank you for sharing, and I’m excited to those stories you plan to share! Nori is absolutely beautiful and previous – Congratulations to Nori, you and your husband, the cutest family of three!

84. Julie W. wrote:

Congratulations to you and your family! Nori is beautiful, just like her mother! Excited to see what’s in store for your growing family!

85. Gina wrote:

Congratulations!! Beautiful girl, beautiful name! ♥️

86. andy wrote:

Yes, please do share your birth and postpartum emotional/physical experience. i am in a similar boat (IVF baby, petite mom, 17 weeks pregnant) and would love to learn from your experience. congrats! nora is gorgeous!

87. Pamela wrote:

True beauty! Congratulations to you both.

88. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations To both of you. The baby is so adorable 😘😘

89. Chelsea wrote:

Congratulations! Nora is beautiful! Best wishes and good luck on the upcoming, sleep-deprived, wonderful months ahead!

90. Ellie wrote:

Congratulations and thank you for sharing this journey with us 💕

91. Barbara M. wrote:

Congratulations Jean and Nick! Nori is beautiful. Much love to you all and wishes for a lifetime of happiness.

92. briana wrote:

She is GORGEOUS! Congratulations.

briana | youngsophisticate.com

93. Theresa wrote:

I had a feeling when we hadn’t see a new post for a few days! 🙂 Congratulations to you both, she is absolutely gorgeous!! I am obsessed with that adorable top knot hat! I hope you have a wonderful time enjoying your new delivery, and I wish all the blessings on you and Nick during this magical (and exhausting) time! 🙂

94. Brandi wrote:

Congratulations! I was so excited when I saw the pics on your IG accounts. You look beautiful, and Nora is already so photogenic. Shes a doll! I can see alot of Nick in her features. Love the name too, its actually one of my faves. I hope everything goes smoothly for you guys. Enjoy this time and try to get some rest. Sending you so much love!!

95. Petiteish wrote:

She’s so adorable, and will only get cuter with time! At 6 weeks, she’ll start giving you heart melting gummy smiles and then you’ll be in real trouble 😉 Hang in there Jean! The first few days out of the hospital are the hormonal pits.

96. Kayla wrote:

Congratulations! She is beautiful!!

I would LOVE to see more maternity & baby product recommendations. What you loved/what didn’t work well for you… etc.

97. Molly wrote:

Wow, she is SO SO beautiful! My little girl, born in July, is also a Nora. Her cousins are calling her baby Nori :).

98. Kim wrote:

Oh my she is beautiful! Those newborn days really do go fast! My oldest name is Nora so I really do love the name 😉

99. Mama, M.D. wrote:

🎉🎉🎉🎉congratulations!!🎉🎉🎉🎉 from another Bostonian mom who overcame infertility: extra love for all the extra love you put into bringing her here.

I’d enjoy hearing about your birth story & recovery (if you feel up to sharing it). If you feel like taking a break: understand that, too! I’m subscribed to you so I’ll be here when you return ❤️❤️

I’ve wrote a series for new moms (including how to make the Hermès Evelyne GM work as a diaper bag), and maybe during a late-night nursing session you’ll have time to scroll (that’s what I did!)

100. Kelcy wrote:

Congrats Jean and Nick!! She’s sooo cute! Thank you for sharing such personal moments with all of us.

101. Niny Ali wrote:

Congratulations, Jean! This will be a new adventure for the whole family. Words can’t express how happy I felt for you and Nick – I’ve been following through (and invested on) your journey and also Nick’s entertaining Instagram posts. Your posts and Nick’s have been very endearing, informative and simply refreshing. Thank you for sharing your stories and I look forward to see the family in your future posts! Take care, Jean.

102. Susan wrote:

Jean, I’m a longtime reader who rarely comments…but I wanted to say congratulations! My heart is bursting for you, and the happy tears are flowing. You and Nick are going to be absolutely incredible parents! Enjoy your precious little Nori and these baby days and try not to stress…as a mom of a 16 year old, I can tell you that as hard (and joyful!) as they are, they go by all too quickly. Love and hugs from Michigan. 🙂

103. Lia wrote:

Welcome to the world, baby Nori! Thanks for sharing your journey and can’t wait to read more on your thoughts and reflections on motherhood.

104. Kayla wrote:

She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations to you both. I hope you’re feeling well. Yes, please share anything and everything you are comfortable with, regarding postpartum. I am 31 weeks and have no idea what to pack or what to expect afterwards. I’m sure there are others that feel the same 🙂
    Congrats again!
    Kayla

105. Brandy wrote:

Congratulations! This is so beautiful!

106. Thuy-Trang wrote:

Congrats Jean. Being a mom is a wonderful chapter in life.

107. Nicole wrote:

Aww, yay, congratulations, Jean!! I have been looking forward to this post since you shared your journey with IVF with us!! Baby Nori is gorgeous and you look beautiful as you always do!! Enjoy every moment with her; hold her tight and soak in all the baby snuggles!! Little girls are the most precious gift in the world, you will love every minute!! I really enjoyed all the stories and tips you shared about your pregnancy and can’t wait to hear about your life as a mommy!! ❤

108. Jane wrote:

Just smiling for you all.

109. Christi wrote:

Welcome to the world, Miss Nori! You chose two good ones in your parents. 🙂

Jean and Nick, thank you for sharing everything as you do! Enjoy the first several weeks of “sleepy” baby before she fully wakes up into herself!! Sleep whenever needed. The world will still be here when you wake.

Congratulations!!!

110. Teresa wrote:

Congratulations Jean & Nick! Nori is so beautiful 🙂 Enjoy every moment with your little sweet pea. It truly flies by. Remember to take time for you too Mama. Ask for help from family and friends. You need to rest and recover and be strong for your little girl too 🙂 Sending all the good wishes your way

111. Debbie f wrote:

Congratulations!!! She is absolutely beautiful and so expressive already!! You and Nick have just entered into a wonderful time in your lives. Soak in every minute of it!! God bless you all.

112. Kate wrote:

Congratulations! So happy for you both =)

113. Jessy wrote:

Congratulations, she is absolutely beautiful!! I would love to hear all about your hospital bag and post partum experience, I’m 17 weeks along and have no clue what to expect 🙂 thank you for being so open and inspiring on your journey, it gave me so much hope along mine!

114. Elizabeth wrote:

Congratulations! I am so happy you both were able to welcome this healthy baby girl into your lives. Hug her 1,000 times a day (or more)!

115. Courtney Zachman wrote:

Please share everything!!! I am due October 15th so anything you found useful or not needed would be so helpful 🙂 Congratulations!!!!!!!!

116. Shwetha wrote:

Many Congratulations to you Jean! and Nick!….beautiful name for a beautiful baby…

117. Nasim wrote:

She’s very beautiful & I’m not just saying that! You’re right about the postpartum period being no joke! Make sure to get your rest when you can! Also, while the newborn period is very sweet, I preferred everything after the first 6 weeks :-).

I look forward to what you found useful in your hospital bag. I didn’t end up using ANYTHING from my bag haha!

118. Nicki wrote:

Congratulations! I’ve been a long-time follower, rare-commenter but have been so excited for you and Nick on this journey. Welcome to the world, Nori!! ❤️

119. Lucy wrote:

Congratulations to the happy parents!
    Welcome to the little “Nori”
    A wonderful little girl
    May the mother and the little baby one rest from this intense moment!
    Affectionate kisses to you three …

120. KM wrote:

Congratulations!!! I am a few months behind you with our IVF baby and welcome any tips for the hospital bag, recovery, etc. I’m also glad people have begun to talk about the “fourth trimester” and how important it is to take care of yourself. So happy for you and Nick and appreciate your honesty throughout this journey!

121. Amanda K. wrote:

Congrats, Jean (& Nick)! Another dream come true for you: Nori is adorbably cute. And I can see a resemblance of you both in her – not that I’m suggesting she isn’t yours, lol, she’s most definitely all yours and I think it’s sweet of you to share her with us. I look forward to reading about her journey into the world and your experience into parenthood. Thanks for updating us with everything and enjoy every moment!

P.S. Would love to know if there was any special meaning behind Nori’s given name.

122. Jannet Hudson wrote:

OMG! She is just THE cutest whittle Miss! HEAPS of Congrats to both of you! God’s Blessing to your SO LOVELY Family! 🙂

123. Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! You did a great job, keep it up. They grow so fast, enjoy each moment

124. Mary wrote:

Congratulations to a wonderful couple! Your baby is beautiful- just like her mummy. I have been following your blog the last few months and have gotten so much inspiration from it. Thank you for all your help Jean and wishing your and your family lots of love and happiness as you embark on a new phase of your life:)

125. FW wrote:

Congratulations and welcome to the world of parenthood! Enjoy the crazy journey! She’s an absolute doll. Would love to hear if you are following any of the chinese postpartum traditions.

126. Emily wrote:

Congratulations to all three of you. What a lovely little girl. I may be imagining things, but I already think I see a hint of you: one of the photos reminds me of your “curious face” in my all-time favorite post of yours (https://www.extrapetite.com/2010/05/reader-request-how-to-look-older-in.html ).

127. Kathy wrote:

Congratulations to you both!! A beautiful, healthy baby girl. What a wonderful gift. My husband and I have two daughters (now 25 and 20) and the joy and happiness they have brought(and continue to bring) into our lives goes beyond words. Enjoy every moment Jean. There will be wonderful times and difficult times but with love and support from family and friends you will be fine. Never be afraid to ask for help if you need it. Every mum needs a helping hand xxxx

128. Carol wrote:

Congrataulations!!! She is so beautiful! Enjoy it all. You must get tired of hearing it but the time really does go by so quickly – just dropped off my daughter at her second year in college and I still can’t believe it! All the best to you and Nick!

129. Margaux wrote:

Congratulations, Jean and Nick! She’s absolutely beautiful. I’m so happy for you all.

130. Vidya wrote:

Congratulations, Nori is absolutely beautiful!!! I would love to hear your genuine perspective on the first few weeks; I felt they were the hardest weeks of my life with the recovery, constant feeding, postpartum blues, etc. We often see only pictures of happy moments and I feel like that makes it feel even harder for new moms. I hope you have a smooth recovery and please do share your birth story as well!

131. Elizabeth wrote:

Congrats Jean and Nick! She is absolutely beautiful. I can’t wait to hear your birth story/ post partum tips. I am so excited to follow you on this next journey!

132. Mimi wrote:

Congratulations to the new parents! Nori is absolutely beautiful. At certain angles, she looks like you. Then I saw the last picture of her in the car seat, she looks like Nick. She’s definitely a great mix of mom and dad. So glad to know that both mom and baby are healthy and doing well. I can’t wait to hear about your labor and delivery as well as postpartum recovery. God bless your beautiful family. Much love!

133. Sandra wrote:

Congratulations on your new arrival!! She’s soooo cute! Enjoy every moment – good and bad (I cried and worried over everything for no reason and yes watch out for any post-partum depression ( I had mild depression without realizing it until my family noticed it and helped me overcome this awful period) and reach out for help. Enjoy as they grow up so quickly! X

134. Margo wrote:

Been such a pleasure following your journey. Thank you for sharing, and congratulations! Nori is perfect!

135. Kerri wrote:

Congratulations he’s beautiful! Yes, I’d love to hear your birth story and tips! Enjoy every moment with her!

136. Oh my, she’s so cute! Congratulations! X

137. Anon wrote:

Congrats on your beautiful little one! As a mama myself, I remember being super emotional postpartum and cried aaaalll the time over every little thing. It’s totally normal, but please please be mindful of postpartum depression and reach out if needed! Don’t forget to take care of yourself.

138. D wrote:

Can’t wait to read about your birth story and postpartum period! Often times people share only the picture-perfect version of (brand new) motherhood but there’s so much more. I seek stories about the struggles not to rejoice in it but to take comfort in knowing that I’m not the only one that shed hormonal tears from the physical pain of labor and the emotional guilt and frustration whenever something doesn’t go quite as expected.

Posted 8.24.18 Reply
  139. Congratulations you guys, I’m so delighted for you and beautiful baby Nori, enjoy every moment!

Rebecca | http://www.peppermintdolly.com

140. Anna wrote:

Congratulations Jean and Nick!!! I’m almost 38 weeks pregnant of a little girl whose name is also going to be Nora!! I’m from Spain, been following you for almost five years now. Looking forward to reading your birth story. Wishing you a smooth recovery (postpartum hormones are no joke… this is my second baby, so I know what I’m talking about!).

141. Karen wrote:

Omg she’s so beautiful and precious!! I literally cried when I read this and saw all the photos of her, you and Nick!!

142. Laura wrote:

Yes! There’s interest. ☺️ Enjoy those baby cuddles and rest!

143. Jessica P. wrote:

She is so beautiful!!! I can’t believe how much she looks like you. I have been following you and your pregnancy forever and am excited to see your future posts about baby. I’m due in a month so your post on the hospital bag would also be super helpful (still haven’t started packing!)(except the sushi menus!). Looking forward to all of your posts once you start feeling better!! God Bless!!

144. Katherine Halcrow wrote:

She’s so sweet. Look at those lips! Gorgeous name, as well 🙂 Congratulations and well done, mom and dad! It would be wonderful to hear postpartum information… I’m in my second trimester with my first pregnancy and a somewhat sensitive sort. Looking forward to hospital bag tips, as well. Thank you for sharing, Jean and Nick! Hi, Miss Nori!

Posted 8.24.18 Reply
  145. Congratulations!! She is beautiful and I wish you both the very best on this amazing journey that is parenthood. I really hope you do share your postpartum journey as it’s something I believe that is not talked about enough. Best wishes!

146. sade wrote:

congrats Jean! Nori is so adorable. Take advantage of any help you are offered.

147. MissLilly wrote:

Congratulations!!!! She’s so adorable and you look so polished! I looked like out of a zombie movie. Enjoy this phase its such an amazing time, especially the first week of baby blues 🙂

Posted 8.24.18 Reply
  148. Congratulations to you and Nick. You have been blessed with an adorable daughter and I wish the three of you lots of happiness. Love, Lieske

Posted 8.24.18 Reply
  149. Awww, welcome to the world little Angel … and congratulations to you both on a new journey as parents to this wonderful bundle of joy! 🌷👍🏻🌷

150. Alice wrote:

Congratulations!!! Nori looks so healthy and beautiful! Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us.

151. Kat wrote:

Congratulations! Baby Nori is so adorable. Good luck with post partum recovery – it can be tough but you’ll power through as we mama’s often do! Are you planning to do zuo yue zi? I did it and thought it was really helpful. I didn’t eat/drink the Chinese medicine but I did pretty much everything else. Can’t wait to read about your birth story and watch her grow! Sending love and hopefully some sleep your way 🙂

152. Anonymous wrote:

She is absolutely beautiful (just like her mama)!!! I have been checking every day, waiting to hear the news. Congratulations!!!!!
    They say the days are long but the years are short. It’s true. I can’t believe my LO is hitting two and a half this week. Good luck!!

Posted 8.24.18 Reply
  153. Oh my gosh, congratulations! And Nori is the most adorable baby ever! ❤️ I swear, I have a thing for Asian babies (they’re the cutest), though maybe I’m bias because I’m Asian myself, haha! 😉

Please do more updates on her! I hope your new motherhood journey is going great! ❤️❤️

154. stepf wrote:

Omg she is sooo adorbs! Congratulations to you and Nick! Share everything about your journey!! And how do u look soo effortlessly amazing during this whole process?! Motherhood looks sooo good on you! So happy for the both of you!!

155. Lisa wrote:

I’d love to hear about your birth story, hospital bag tips and postpartum recovery. I too went through IVF to conceive our baby boy and love your story! Congrats on a healthy and happy baby Nori!

156. Lena H wrote:

Congratulations, Jean and Nick! It’s been such an honor and privilege reading about your journey. Thank you for sharing your pictures and I really look forward to hearing more about Nori growing up!

157. Lily wrote:

Congrats! She’s adorable. It’s been incredible following on your journey with Nick to parenthood. Can’t wait to read about Nori’s development and how you dress her!

158. Jothi wrote:

Beautiful and amazing. Congrats!!!

159. Sophia wrote:

Congratulations, she is soooo precious! Beautiful family💛 Lots of love to you and your family as you take this time to recover and bond with your little one!

Posted 8.23.18 Reply
  160. Tatum Solis wrote:

Jean and Nick
    Many blessings for your sweet new family!! So extremely happy for you! Would love to hear all about it, but first you take care of You!! Ps she looks like your mom 👶🏻❤️

Posted 8.23.18 Reply
  161. Jo wrote:

congrats Jean!!! I’ve been your OG follower for a long time and been following your IVF journey from the beginning. Your journey has given me hope that I can someday have a beautiful child of my own in the future as well! Although you want to soak every moment in with your girl, make sure to take care of your body first! I’m so excited to follow her journey on your blog and page! ♥️

Posted 8.23.18 Reply
  162. M wrote:

Congratulations, Jean and Nick! She is beautiful! Nori comes to this world just one week shy of my daughter’s first birthday. It has been an amazing first year with Sophie and our lives are just so much brighter with her in it. You and Nick will be wonderful parents and I look forward to reading about your adventures in parenting!

Posted 8.23.18 Reply
  163. Tina wrote:

Congratulations! She’s so picture perfectly beautiful! Enjoy this time and follow your maternal instincts, you were born to do this! Don’t consult Dr. Google and tune out “well-meaning” comments. Now is all about you three as a family and appreciating every single moment, no matter how exhausting. Please share your birth story – I love reading them and reflecting on my own. And happy recovery! You WILL be normal again someday, I promise!

Posted 8.23.18 Reply
  164. Trish wrote:

Conrgats!! she is beautiful! would love for you to share your birth and recovery story!

Posted 8.23.18 Reply
  165. Andrea wrote:

Jean, I’m so happy for you and Nick! Nori is so beautiful, just like her mama! Sending lots of love your way as you embark on this new adventure!

Posted 8.23.18 Reply
  166. Paige Ma wrote:

Congratulations to you both!! She is beautiful. Blessings to your family!

Posted 8.23.18 Reply

Get the newsletter!

What updates would you like?