• Parisian Style // Swingy circle skirt + camellia pin

french style outfit midi circle full swing skirt classic petite fashion

Wishing you and your families a very merry Christmas filled with lots of love and laughter! Nick and I are wrapping up a last-minute visit to Europe, and will be spending the holiday in his hometown on the West Coast. After a challenging past few months, I told Nick that few things would lift my spirits like the magic of London around Christmastime. We had visited last year in December, and the twinkling lights, festive streets, and cheery carolers just make me feel like a kid at Disneyland!

While Paris isn’t quite as decked out, it also has its own unique charm during the holidays. And it’s just a train ride away, so who could resist a couple nights in the City of Light before heading home?

paris style beret hat camellia flower brooch pin

Staple Base Layers

This outfit combines a few pieces that were worn on repeat during our trip. The vast majority of my luggage space went to outerwear and boots, which I mixed and matched with a small rotation of clothes. A black turtleneck tee is always a staple – for lightweight cotton ones at a great price, I recommend Madewell whisper turtlenecks (see on me) or J.Crew tissue turtlenecks (see on me), both of which I own in multiple colors and stripes in sz xxs. These two options are extremely similar – the cut of the Madewell one is just slightly more relaxed, which I like. As a thermal base layer, I hid my trusty Uniqlo heattech tees under nearly every outfit!

classy parisian midi skirt outfit vintage retro style

A Swingy Skirt

I’m on a retro-inspired kick lately so packed this pine green midi skirt (also see it here), which I paired with a long wool coat, tights and flat rain booties (so versatile & sleek!) for exploring and shopping. I swapped in heels just for tea and dressier meals. I love the comfort of an elasticized-back waist and the convenience of pockets on this skirt. The waist runs narrow so an xxs will fit a 23″ to 24″ waist, however the length is a little long, so I plan on eventually getting it hemmed. As a shortcut, I usually fold the waistband down once as shown in the photos here (just be sure to cut the tag off in the back).

paris fashion cat eye sunglasses gucci modcloth circle skirt

Finishing Floral Touches

If you love Chanel’s classic camellia flower brooches, you’ll have to pick up one of these wool ones on sale at Talbots! They come in black, ivory, or this pretty plaid, and look and feel very similar to designer ones over 10 times the price. I’ve been pinning these on my coats, tweed jackets or blazers, and also simply on plain tops like in this look!

tartan plaid bow pumps christmas shoes

Merry Christmas from my family to yours, wherever you might be celebrating! xx

27 thoughts on “Parisian Style // Swingy circle skirt + camellia pin

• Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog December 24, 2017 at 11:49 am

Love this style on you! The colour also looks gorgeous ❤️
      Hope you have a great Christmas! 🎄

• Rena December 24, 2017 at 12:07 pm

Adore this beautiful emerald green skirt!
      Wishing you a lovely Merry Christmas
      xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

• Helen December 24, 2017 at 12:08 pm

This outfit is so pretty! I love the deep green color of that skirt and the sleeves on that jacket are to die for! Also, great to hear that you recommend Uniqlo’s HeatTech tees as a base layer. I love their tights, so I’d like to check those out as well.

-Helen

• Jean | Extra Petite December 28, 2017 at 8:09 pm

Yes, especially the ones in a nude color so it won’t show under lighter-colored tops!

• Kay Nguyen December 24, 2017 at 12:31 pm

Such a cute outfit! I love it, you always look so amazing <3

• La Bijoux Bella | by mia December 24, 2017 at 1:13 pm

Simply beautiful … le petite Parisienne! 👍🏼💗👍🏼

• Jenna December 24, 2017 at 1:33 pm

Lovely outfits, especially that black jacket! Merry Christmas, and I hope 2018 is a good year for you.

• Jean | Extra Petite December 28, 2017 at 8:09 pm

Thank you, Jenna! I hope 2018 brings amazing things for you as well! xx

• Briana December 24, 2017 at 3:48 pm

You are so rocking this look! So stunning!

Briana

• YZ Chan December 24, 2017 at 6:24 pm

Such a cute and chic Parisian look! Love the choice of accessories, especially the beret and trunk bag.

• Alexa M Johnson December 24, 2017 at 10:45 pm

LOVE this outfit! Perfect for Paris!

• Val December 25, 2017 at 11:19 am

Jean ever since you showcased the uniqlo turtlenecks I bought several and wear them under practically everything as well.
      Merry Christmas and happy New Year to you

• Jean | Extra Petite December 28, 2017 at 8:10 pm

Always lovely to hear from you, Val! I hope you and your family have a very happy new near!

• NAty December 25, 2017 at 11:37 am

love this so much!
      xx

• nazareth December 25, 2017 at 1:47 pm

You are soooo gorgeous Jean!

Greetings from Lyon

• Elizabeth December 25, 2017 at 6:55 pm

Such a cute and chic Parisian look! I love the swingy skirt, especially the color! It’s the perfect retro holiday look! <3 🙂

XO, Elizabeth

• Jennifer December 26, 2017 at 1:29 am

Your outfit is stunning! I love the color scheme. 🙂
      Merry Christmas too!

• Anonymous December 26, 2017 at 12:18 pm

It is pretty, but it is too cold to wear outside!

• Sam December 26, 2017 at 1:01 pm

That green is gorgeous, and I love those statement sleeves!

xx
      Sam

• Meghan Burns December 26, 2017 at 7:44 pm

Love this green
      Meghan | http://tanlinesanddaisies.com/

• Keelan December 27, 2017 at 2:37 pm

Hi Jean,

You touched on it a bit here but I would love to see you do a post about how/what you packed for this quick trip. I have an upcoming trip to London/Paris/Barcelona at the beginning of April and I’m trying to figure out what to pack, all while using just a carry-on and small backpack! Any tips you have regarding footwear, wool/trench coats, and versatile pieces would be greatly appreciated.

Happy (almost) 2018!

• Jean | Extra Petite December 28, 2017 at 8:14 pm

Hi Keelan! So I did bring a checked bag because I wanted to take photos for several different blog posts, but if I were traveling only for leisure then a carry-on is definitely do-able. I would’ve brought just one heavier coat (likely my navy belted wool coat since Europeans tend to dress in dark colors and sleek silhouettes), black leggings, a pair of dark skinny jeans, my Sam Edelman rain booties mentioned hear which work for both wet or dry conditions, a warm neutral sweater, striped tee, button-down blouse for layering, and then a pair of sleek flats, or my Nike free sneakers if a lot of walking was on the agenda. If you’re going in April, I think all of the above would still apply except swap in a black or neutral trench coat for the heavier coat. Have fun!!

• Keelan January 6, 2018 at 6:17 pm

Jean,

Thank you so much for your detailed reply – these are all great tips. I just bought myself a pair of the Sam Edelman booties! I love your recommendations and can’t wait to see what I discover through you in 2018.

• Sincerely Ophelia December 27, 2017 at 7:02 pm

Gorgeous emerald swing skirt! Love those green plaid heels as well! Perfect combo!

XOXO //
      SINCERELY OPHELIA | NYC Petite Fashion Blogger

• Susan December 29, 2017 at 11:10 pm

Hi! Do you have a link for the heels? They really look amazing with the outfit!
      Love, love your style!

• Julie January 2, 2018 at 11:30 pm

More personal posts on the baby journey since I am on it too!

• Arianna January 25, 2018 at 11:29 pm

This is an adorable outfit super chic thanks for shring!