This ruffle-sleeve top is listed as a sweater but it’s thin and lightweight like a tee (made of 100% extra fine merino wool), good for tucking into skirts without much bulge. It’s pretty fitted throughout and slim in the sleeves, so possibly size up if you want more room in the arms. It’s one of those comfortable pieces that you’re going to want in every color! The rest of my outfit here is all of items from past years – I like adding an on-trend piece here and there like this top to breathe new life into older favorites. The smaller ruffled sleeves are a subtle way to incorporate the popular bell sleeve trend into outfits that are still business-appropriate.
I got a ton of messages about this sweater so want to do a quick review! I’ll start with the material composition – it’s a medium weight 95% wool 5% cashmere which is a change from mostly acrylic pieces on the market these days in this price point. However given the wool content, I think those who are sensitive to it might find this piece to be slightly itchy (also the reason why I don’t minded synthetic knits!). None of the reviewers had an issue, but I just wanted to point it out. The silhouette of this sweater has everything I want in a pullover tunic – turtleneck that isn’t too high / bulky, forgiving gently flaring silhouette, split hem, and a very slightly longer back length to cover the bum a bit. It comes in 3 versatile colors including classic camel, cream, and gray. I recommend this if you don’t have wool sensitivities, and you can also layer a long sleeve tee underneath which helps. I actually found this to feel a little softer with each wear.
Here’s a few more pieces worth checking out during this week’s sale:
– Cropped tweed jacket in navy – very fair price for a lined, tweed jacket. Just add a brooch or pearls! I love cropped silhouettes which help keep the waistline defined.
– Bonded knit pencil skirt – a tweedy piece with black and grey tones is perfect for pairing with all sorts of jewel-toned or neutral tops.
– Elbow-length turtleneck top – something about this length of sleeves is very updated and chic, and I love the color options for Fall.
– Pearlized bobble necklace – my go-to piece when I want a delicate and more understated version of the statement necklace I have on here!
– Wool blend moto jacket in olive or gray. I tried this on and found it to run smaller overall and slimmer in the sleeves than most Ann Taylor jackets, which are usually a little big on me. It’s a sturdy, medium-weight material good for crisp days.
– Ruffled shell in blush – this feminine top I reviewed here is now $25 and left in all petite sizes!
– Last but not least, AT has a good classic work heels & flats selection that is nice quality for the price (especially when on sale) and true to size, starting in sz 5.