Cape and Lace

wool cape lace skirt3 wide

Ann Taylor lace pencil skirt (taken in, similar), **cape c/o (fur trim removed, last posted here)
 Talbots petites cashmere sweater c/o and necklace (old), gloves from mom, YSL pumps

wool cape lace skirt1
In today’s post is this Talbots Audrey sweater (tons of color options) yet again…soft cashmere + neutral camel has made it a quick wardrobe workhorse. I feel the less-common boatneck style gives off a classic vibe true to the sweater’s namesake. And 3/4 length sleeves mean no more chunky rolled-up cuffs for shorter arms. I’m wearing a Petite sz P (usually corresponds to numerical sizes 0-2) and the fit is not snug nor baggy.

wool cape lace skirt
I last posted this cape worn casually, and also wanted to show it as outerwear with a work-appropriate ensemble. With so much volume up top, I made sure to keep the bottom half more fitted, either with slim pants or a tapered skirt. I also love the look of a cape with over-the-knee flat boots.
wool cape lace skirt2**This cape is from Sheinside, a company which is unfortunately not known for having good customer service. A few readers have mentioned problems with shipping times, live chat questions, as well as returning or exchanging items. As a result, please be warned and order at your own risk!**

34 Comments

1. Ashley wrote:

Whenever I wear black tights, I somehow always get holes into them! What is your solution (ie. is there a certain brand you buy that is thicker/more durable?)?

Posted 1.22.14 Reply
  2. Hi Jean! I found that cape on sale and couldn't say no to it. Could you show how you took the fur off?
    Thank you for the amazing blog! *.*

Posted 1.22.14 Reply
  3. you look so pretty! i love this outfit! everything about it is awesome!

Posted 1.21.14 Reply
  4. Such lovely cosy winter warm colours and textures. Love this ensemble, it looks so luxurious – just the perfect combination for this chilly weather 🙂

Posted 1.20.14 Reply
  5. Jean wrote:

Kimi, I posted a brief review here…please note that photo is after clipping the torso back 3-4 inches so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who typically wears below a 0. It's adorable, though! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=730854926924826&set;=a.267184426625214.75085.160326730644318&type;=1&stream;_ref=10

Posted 1.20.14 Reply
  6. Jean wrote:

I agree with all your pluses and minuses, and am bummed mine did not fit. If you're 5'1" I agree it's on the border for work-appropriate length, but opaque tights and flats would definitely help. I also noticed the hem can be let down 1" which shouldn't be too hard!

Posted 1.20.14 Reply
  7. Jean wrote:

I hope you like it! If you don't care for the fur trim either, I forgot to mention any tailor should be able to remove it and re-seal the hood.

Posted 1.20.14 Reply
  8. Jean wrote:

Thank you! I'm not wearing lip color in these photos, just a generous coat of Aquaphor (recommended by my dermatologist and great for dry lips in the winter ; )

Posted 1.20.14 Reply
  9. Jean wrote:

Hi Michelle! I'd love to do more videos, but my job has been so busy this year. It's on my list to hopefully start up again!

Posted 1.20.14 Reply
  10. Jean wrote:

Thank you, Tia! You've been looking adorable as always – hope school's been going well!

Posted 1.20.14 Reply
  11. Jean wrote:

Both of those stores have such a big petites sale selection! Hope you were able to pick up something good : )

Posted 1.20.14 Reply
  12. Camel and black is always such a lovely color combination! I love the lace skirt paired with the cape. I've been wanting a cape for awhile now, you've inspired me to start looking again…
    xo Tia | http://www.bigcitytyro.com

Posted 1.19.14 Reply
  13. Loved the cape outfit with the gloves and jumper, I also loved the previous cape outfit soo much I have ordered one too! Hope it arrives soon – there's 15% off first orders!

Posted 1.19.14 Reply
  14. Anonymous wrote:

Ann taylor loft

Posted 1.18.14 Reply
  15. Anonymous wrote:

The is having. 60% percent off. If you are a 00 or 0 they have plenty of pants on clearance.

Posted 1.18.14 Reply
  16. wow! you look so cute! I love the coat~

Anna, indeed

Posted 1.18.14 Reply
  17. Carmen wrote:

Perfect coat, you look super amazing 🙂
    xx

Posted 1.18.14 Reply
  18. how come you don't make youtube videos anymore? I love your style and enjoyed watching your videos

Posted 1.17.14 Reply
  19. you always look so incredibly classy! xo

20. Anonymous wrote:

Gorgeous! <3

Unrelated, but are you wearing any lip product in these pics? May I ask what it's called? 🙂

21. Franziska wrote:

I hope that the dress works out for both of us 🙂 I ended up taking mine to the tailor today – she's removing a pleat on either side to de-puff it a little bit. I'm already excited to get it back!

Posted 1.16.14 Reply
  22. Such a beautiful look!

Posted 1.16.14 Reply
  23. Thanks! I like the sweater and skirt ensemble. It's perfect for cold mornings and warm afternoons in California.

24. Carol Li wrote:

I love the cape on you!

25. Col wrote:

I bought that navy striped dress in size 2P. It really is nice– great fabric and pockets. The top fits a little baggy– there's no shape to the bust. The waist is good. It's unfortunately short though. (I'm 5'1".) I don't think I can wear it to work. (Possibly with opaque tights and flats? I'll have to try it on. I wore it for Christmas, though, and it was great.)

Posted 1.16.14 Reply
  26. I really love that cape, such a beautiful piece! Love the outfit you build with it.

27. i love this look!!!

xoxo from rome
    K.
    kcomekarolina.com

28. Love it! You're awesome 🙂

29. Alice Lee wrote:

That is the perfect cape! Your outfit looks amazing!

analicesis.blogspot.com

Posted 1.16.14 Reply
  30. Congrats, this outfit is perfect, you look wonderful in your lace skirt with the cape and the cute sweater. Your sense of style is adorable <3

xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

31. Such a classy look! 🙂

xo
    Maggie A
    LOVEMAVIN.COM

Posted 1.16.14 Reply
  32. Shoot! I saw your post too late and missed the promo code for the dress. 🙁 Hopefully there will be another one! I wonder if the petite sizing would be too short for me. I'm looking forward to your review!

xo Kimi

33. EM wrote:

I love your skirt! The design is absolutely so intricate!!

Posted 1.16.14 Reply
  34. Your cape is amazing! Love it!!!!
    Very nice outfit, like usual!!!!

xoxo

Le monde des petites

Posted 1.15.14 Reply

Get the newsletter!

What updates would you like?