• Wear to Work: Double Tweed + Strappy Pumps

tweed jacket studded pumps

Uniqueen Malang jacket c/o (old color, use EXTRAPETITE through 5/2 for 10% off your order)
    Valentino rockstud heels (4 colors), H&M; blouse, LOFT trousers (similar), pearls from a friend

Just dropping in with a quick hello, and hoping you guys enjoyed your weekends. Work has been time-consuming, but I hope to have some reviews up soon. Our boss implemented casual Fridays for our team, as a small “reward” of sorts. While most of my colleagues have been turning to denim and polo shirts, I’ve been using this day to experiment with items like these strappy, open-back shoes – which typically are not appropriate per business attire standards.
    tweed jacket studded pumps1
    To balance out the trendier details on these pumps, I went very conservative with the rest of the outfit both in color scheme and coverage. It feels like Boston has regressed back to winter, so the double tweed (plus overcoat) was also necessary to survive my morning commute.

tweed jacket studded pumps 3
    tweed jacket studded pumps4
    Per my style resolutions this year, I’ve been inspired by a reader, Janki, to improve (or get rid of) things in my existing wardrobe before buying new items. So far this has meant swallowing several tailoring bills for things that I’ve been “faking the fit” with for too long. It’s also made me really think twice about buying cheapie things that don’t fit perfectly, yet aren’t “worth” alterations. I have to say, I love having an (albeit smaller) wardrobe of pieces that I can consistently rely on and feel confident in. tweed jacket studded pumps2 These old pants are next on the list for a little fix (cuff tapering tutorial here) – I always thought they were acceptable, but the roomy ankles couldn’t escape being captured by a side view photo!

PS – I’m excited to try this Halogen jacket, offered in extended petite sizing that I’ve never seen at Nordies before (ordered 00 petite to try)! It looks just like a Gap one I loved from earlier this year, which sold out quickly and probably would not have fit. There’s only one review so far on the Halogen jacket in regular sizing, noting that it runs small.

73 thoughts on “Wear to Work: Double Tweed + Strappy Pumps

• ....... April 16, 2013 at 1:35 pm

lovely look! those shoes are absolutely stunning! thanks for sharing this. xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ http://www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

• Libertad April 16, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Jean – I regularly follow your posts and hope that you are okay after the Marathon tragedy. My thoughts go out to you, your family, and friends!

• Olivia J April 16, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Looking forward to your next post and to see your beautiful smiling face and cute outfit post. Lots of prayers and love being sent your way. XOXO

Corporate Catwalk

• lisacng @ expandng.com April 16, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Love love love the photos! Great angles of the background and also of the outfit details!!!!!! Tks for the refreshment on the pant slimming tutorial, especially important for ankle pants. Great pumps!

• Anonymous April 16, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Thinking about you and your city. My prayers to you all.

• Wilma Ladia April 16, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Wow. Gorgeous and beautiful Ms. Jean. I like how you put that studded shoes so elegant and very professional. You gave me an inspiration to look very professional despite the temptation to indulge in jeans in office. God bless you more.

Wilma

• Anonymous April 17, 2013 at 3:03 am

Hi Jean, I'm a fan of your blog but I rarely comment. When I heard about the tragic news yesterday, I thought of you and my friends in the area. Hope you and your family are safe!

• auntkitten April 17, 2013 at 12:01 pm

I'm a reader, but never posted. I have thinking of you and the tragedy in Boston and hope you are hanging in there and are with loved ones.

• Anonymous April 17, 2013 at 2:10 pm

It probably depends on what kind of doctor you are and who you treat, but could it be more about wearing nail polish as a doctor than about the color (studies show that chips in nails can harbor bacteria, etc.)? I have some friends that are nurses and are prohibited from wearing nail polish altogether for that reason. I'm an attorney, and bright nail polish is common in my office and I think looks professional, but I can't remember ever having been seen by a doctor that wore nail polish.

• Anonymous April 17, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Also a reader here, never posted before. I sincerely hope you and your loved ones are safe after the tragedy befell Boston area.

• Jane April 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm

Jean, I hope you and all your loved ones are ok. Terrible news to come out of the city, but I have faith that Boston will pick up the pieces and stay strong. Best wishes from Hong Kong. x

• jackiewd April 17, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Hope you and yours are safe!

• Anonymous April 17, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Jean,

The past few days have been terribly sad. Remembering your blog lifted my spirits. Hope you are doing ok.

• Reshma April 18, 2013 at 11:59 am

Hi Jean,
      I've been following your brilliant blog (silently) for a short while now.. and I notice how you give a beatiful classic twist to any outfit by strategically placed pearl strings. You always vary it depending on the outfit – long, short, single strand, multiple strands, big pearls, small pearls, etc etc.. would you consider doing a how-to blog for us fashion accessory-challenged folks on purchasing and pairing/styling the right sort of pearls, please? I'm sure many of your readers would be interested! Pretty please! 🙂

• Anonymous April 18, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Hi Jean,

I hope you, your friends, and your family are all safe. Stay strong! The entire country is behind you. Thank you for posting as well, it helps us return to a semblance of normalcy.

Take care!

• Anonymous April 18, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Jean,
      I've just started reading your blog pretty faithfully. I saw the news about what happened, and immediately hoped that you were okay. I feel as though I have a friend in Boston to think about.

• Abigail April 18, 2013 at 5:10 pm

HipFriends.comâ„¢ The Women's Network! – JOIN The Hippest, Coolest, and Social Network for Women to Social Network, Meet New Friends, Meet a new Best Friend, Find your BFF's and Find Social Girlfriends and Buddies ONLINE and OFFLINE face to face in your local area! Our goal is to help you connect with, network and meet new friends OFFLINE IN THE REAL WORLD! Join us today and start making some new friends and social connections!

JOIN OUR "Moms Group" and other Groups and start connecting and making some new friends with wonderful Moms and other ladies! Annual membership is $39, They are offering a Fabulous May Spring Launch Special, for a limited time, JOIN NOW for $10

• Anthea Lau April 19, 2013 at 2:21 am

very pretty outfit – really elegant tweed jacket and studded heels!!
      A
      xx

• Tilt Turn Windows April 19, 2013 at 8:59 am

I've been following your posts for quite sometime and it amazes me how you know to pick costumes that look so perfect on you! Gorgeous!

• Anonymous April 19, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Janki, love your note. And you are right…people behind computers can be very mean. Not sure why. Jealousy maybe? You are someone who understands what the fashions blogs are for: inspiration. You don't have to purchase the expensive shoes or handbag and can always find inexpensive versions that are similar but give the same great look. It's all about the pairing and getting new ideas!! cheers, karen

• Anonymous April 19, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Hello all, this is Anna from UniQUEEN!
      We launched Malang 2013 Jacket because so many people asked about the jacket!
      It was out of stock but we re-stocked with 2 new colors!
      Please enjoy it 🙂

• Anonymous June 2, 2013 at 11:22 pm

Hi Jean – I've been trying to place an order on UniQUEEN but I can't seem to find the checkout button. I can get to the part on estimating shipping but after I add that to my grand total, how do I proceed to the next step. Is this a known issue on their site?

• rodelmalopez June 22, 2013 at 11:54 pm

I like the whole outfit so elegant and so beautiful…