Video Archives: Maine Vlog – Lobster, Bed & Breakfast, LL Bean

While cleaning up my files, I came across this “home video” of our Maine trip from earlier this summer. Ever since seeing Jen’s vlog from her Boston visit, I’ve taken a liking to these as a way to preserve memories and to share snippets of travel with friends. I haven’t forgotten about Chanel Part III (where to buy). I’m just slowly gathering information and reading through resources, so stay tuned : )

When you purchase through the links on this blog, I may earn a commission. Thank you for your support!

For Daily Posts

27 Comments

1. CaseyCakes wrote:

I love how dedicated you are to your blog, all the details and the information. Very interesting. 🙂

Posted 8.22.11 Reply
  2. Thank you guys so much for watching! Your commentary is too funny ; )

@Anonymous I think when done right, they're perfectly fine for casual wear! Wendyslookbook did a how to pair a denim jacket video not to far back, you should look for it on YouTube for outfit ideas! She is around my size at 5 feet tall.

@Josie Thanks! It's Mark (by Avon) in the color Fuschia-tistic. I got it from Elaine at Toronto Beauty Reviews and is pretty and easy to apply : )

Posted 8.18.11 Reply
  3. Great vlog post! OMG about the apple pie pancakes – it just doesn't take much to make a pregnant lady hungry 🙂 I just found out that soft-shell lobsters exist, did you see / eat any while you were in Maine? A lobster travel adventure is definitely on my list of to do's!

4. Anonymous wrote:

Awww such a fun post. You are so cute 🙂 You could totally host your own show…

5. R.L. wrote:

Yay, thanks for sharing! I pronounce it vee-log too. My favorite part is Nick trapped under the boot. Lol, I think he may have stole the show this time!

6. Anonymous wrote:

love the video! i want to visit Maine now

7. Josie wrote:

Thanks for sharing! All the seafood looks so delicious.

Can you tell us what nail polish you were wearing? It looks gorgeous.

Posted 8.18.11 Reply
  8. What a great get away! You're a vlog star and your 'extras' have a lot of potential lol! Thank you for sharing, it's brilliant!

9. itzLina wrote:

Jean, thanks for sharing footage from your wonderful trip! Now I want to plan a trip to Maine and stay at a cute bed & breakfast place, and try their clam chowder and lobster roll. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to watch this vid during my lunchbreak. =P And nice outfits, not too dressy but still looking good!

10. Sue wrote:

I've always wanted to visit the East Coast but somehow I keep heading West?! This video totally sold me on it though cause the seafood is super affordable there!

11. LOVE

Posted 8.18.11 Reply
  12. LOL your bf was totally ignoring you while he was eating 😛 I am drooling over the Lobster roll!

13. Michelle wrote:

Aw! Thanks for sharing more from your Maine trip!

I have never tried a lobster roll, but it looks amazing! And I want those pancakes! Yum!

Your nail polish was so pretty in the clips!

14. skbzie wrote:

im hungry now x.x

15. Sue C. wrote:

My favorite types of post, food and fashion! Everything looks so delicious. I think I'll take a scissor to my maxi dress too. Been meaning to take it to the tailor.

16. jessica wrote:

i really enjoy watching your video! 🙂 and i'm loving your blog too even though i can't be considered a petite myself. love your outfits! <3

17. hahah @ the giant shoe. Unexpected LOL

We share the same love for seafood, Jean. lovelovelove everything you had! I'm pretty surprised at how big the chunks were in both soups. I don't think I've ever seen that for either clam or lobster chowder. And the lobster rolls look really good! omg, wanna eat it right now.

18. Anonymous wrote:

First I want to say, I love your blog! It's definitely renewed my interest in clothes shopping as I used to think i was the only one having difficulty finding clothes that fit my body type (I'm 4'11" 100 lbs).

Ok, now I have a quick question. I just noticed that denim jackets seem to be making a comeback. What are your thoughts? To wear or not to wear? Also, do you think they make us petite gals look younger (not in a good way)?

At the end of September I'm taking a 2 week trip to Europe and I'd love to bring one light weight jacket with me that goes with everything. What would you recommend?

Thanks for your help.

Nicole

19. Anonymous wrote:

thanks for sharing. looks like you guys had a great time. your bf is so funny. one of these days, the hubby & i will visit maine….. 😀

20. Deepali512 wrote:

Whenever I watch one of your videos, I think that you should host your own TV show! You're good!

21. kam wam wrote:

The chowder looks yum!!

22. DSK Steph wrote:

Your Maine adventure looks wonderful! I love the video, more like this please!

Posted 8.17.11 Reply
  23. Ping wrote:

omg LOBSTER *drool* lol
    i never stayed at a bed and breakfast until i came to boston, but they didn't have yummy breakfast like your b&b.; you are a good commenter btw!

Posted 8.17.11 Reply
  24. MamaTamTam wrote:

now i want to binge on massive amounts of seafood!!! you could totally be a youtube travel guide correspondent, with an OOTD fashion element just like what you featured. look out, i see millions of subscribers in your future!

Posted 8.17.11 Reply
  25. daisy351 wrote:

Love the video, it brings me back to my trip to maine 2 years ago with my boyfriend. It was such a wonderful and relaxing vacation. We also stayed at bed and breakfasts, so charming with such yummy food.

Posted 8.17.11 Reply
  26. Looks like you guys had a blast! I really enjoy watching your videos. Keep them coming =) Thanks for sharing, Jean. Maine is really beautiful.

Posted 8.17.11 Reply
  27. Jackie wrote:

Thanks for sharing, Jean!! Lol @ the LL Bean boot =D

I can't wait to go to Maine! I've never been, but now it's only 4 hours away!

I love all your outfits and your nail color in this vid.

Posted 8.17.11 Reply

Get the newsletter!

What updates would you like?