Petite peplum sweater + red bow heels

holiday office outfit - peplum sweater tartan red heels

As Instagram & Snapchat friends know, we’re currently on a mini roadtrip through Maine before heading home for Thanksgiving! I’ve been wearing this tummy-forgiving sweater frequently to dinner and also for lounging in our room with knit bottoms. I styled it here with my slim ankle pants and a little print mixing for added interest. Ann Taylor is currently having 40% off new arrivals w/GIVE40 including both my sweater and bow heels worn here! Other new arrivals worth checking out is this floral drape blouse, large faux fur collar (a luxe accent for plain coats or for winter cocktail parties), rose gold sequin skirt (would need the usual taking-in on someone my size), and these gold heels if you don’t own a pair yet.

ann taylor petite sweater banana republic sloan pants

The quality of this sweater impressed me as it’s a warm, thicker and tighter knit plus the sizing runs small. The sleeves especially fit slim and pretty tight at first, but stretch out a little with wear. I like that the nipped in waist actually hits higher at my natural waistline, and the overall length is just right on a shorter frame. If you’re over an inch or so taller than me, I’d recommend checking out the regular sizing for more length. The wool/nylon/cotton/cashmere blend doesn’t require dry cleaning (although I’ve been washing all my sweaters at home these days with this wool & cashmere shampoo, including the ones labeled dry clean only!).

ann taylor sweater banana republic navy pants petite

I have these sloan ankle pants in multiple colors/fabrics now, but still default most often to classic navy. I love them for travel as they’re comfy and aren’t too tight. Also, they don’t seem to stretch out or wrinkle much on me. They are still on promo now for 40% off with code BRFRIENDS !

holiday office outfit - cream sweater tartan red shoes

Hope you guys have a wonderful Sunday, and safe travels this holiday week!

christmas outfit - tartan plaid red bow heels

38 thoughts on “Petite peplum sweater + red bow heels

• leesa November 22, 2015 at 8:48 pm

I was in BR the other day trying out a few pairs of their petite pants, and the length actually fit my legs perfectly! The only thing I was concerned about what the amount of stretch in the pants. Maybe I was trying the wrong pairs, but they seemed awfully spandex-y.

However, when I see these pairs in yours posts, they look great! How would you rate them on a pants-to-leggings scale? I'm personally looking for a pair of pants with a minimal-to-none stretch look, so any recommendations would help!

• Kblossoms November 22, 2015 at 9:08 pm

Beautiful red shoes! Have fun in Maine! http://www.kblossoms.etsy.com

• Vera November 22, 2015 at 9:09 pm

Cute look. I love the shoes.

Blonde in Cashmere

• Linna November 22, 2015 at 9:47 pm

Beautiful, per usual!!! Love it!

• Lauren Marie D. November 22, 2015 at 11:16 pm

Love this outfit! Perfect inspiration for a casual work holiday party!!

Thanks for sharing.

Lauren xo || Right to Remain Fabulous

• prudence yeo November 23, 2015 at 12:08 am

The sweater does look really flattering and the bow design of the striking red heels is so pretty! Looking great.

Prudence

• Anonymous November 23, 2015 at 12:09 am

Thank you for having content that moves beyond ripped jeans, plaid, and booties. Really appreciate that you keep up the creativity, which I can't say for all people on my feed. THANKS

• Fashion Petite November 23, 2015 at 1:38 am

Such a great look!
    xoxo Lynda

• Trang Do November 23, 2015 at 3:12 am

Amazing look! Love your sweater and heels!
    Xoxo,
    Love from http://www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

• Paola November 23, 2015 at 5:50 am

Beautiful sweater!

• Cesiah Koris November 23, 2015 at 7:09 am
  • healthyheart November 23, 2015 at 9:03 am

Hi! Will you consider crafting a post about washing your sweaters at home with the Wool & Cashmere Shampoo you linked? I despise dry cleaning (expensive; often not pleased with quality of cleaning) and would love to know more about your at-home cleaning process. Do you soak your sweaters in a sink? or using a washing machine? Cool or warm water? How pleased are you with the results? Thanks!!

• Maggie Zemanek November 23, 2015 at 10:18 am

This is gorgeous! And I love those colors 🙂

• E Craig November 23, 2015 at 10:30 am

I've had a pair of these Sloan pants for about 2 years, and unless they've changed a lot, I LOVE them. They're very comfortable as far as dress pants go, but I don't think they qualify as leggings at all, they're definitely dress pants.

• E Craig November 23, 2015 at 10:31 am

I'm so glad you're posting about these pants. I've had a pair for about 2 years and I LOVE them. They're my go-to work pants because they look great with everything and are super comfortable.

• Aubrey Yandow November 23, 2015 at 10:55 am

I love that blanket scarf in your purse!

xx. The Coastal Confidence

• Sabine ~ Style Up Petite November 23, 2015 at 11:21 am

I love your shoes. They are gorgeous.
    You are always so beautyful!

Greetings from Germany
    Sabine ~ Style Up Petite

• chyrissexo November 23, 2015 at 11:55 am

yes i second this!!!

• Anonymous November 23, 2015 at 12:06 pm

Jean, have you considered posting styles for a very casual look (i.e. athletic wear or lounge wear)? On weekends most times I just want to be super causal and comfortable but still have some style. We are about same height and shoe size 🙂 Thank you for all your creative styles, tips, and representing the vertically challenged!! LOVE your blog!
    -Char N.

• tellmeyblog.com November 23, 2015 at 4:00 pm

That sweater looks really cute and those bow heeled sandals are to die for! Those heels will go with everything in the holiday season!

xx
    Yvonne

• Barbara M November 23, 2015 at 5:35 pm

Jean, I love this look.

Do you have any tips on comfortably wearing heels this high? Do you ever wear insoles?

• Rosalyn Khov November 23, 2015 at 7:26 pm

I really love that pop of red against everything else. It pulls the outfit together and it's so classy! Great post!

Love,
    Rosalyn | Enter My Giveaway

• Jean November 23, 2015 at 7:55 pm

Hi Leesa – I agree with E. above and can't speak for their other pants, but the Sloan ankle pants that I'm specifically wearing in this post have always felt great to me! They don't feel spandexy or legging-like at all although they do have stretch. You should give them a try!

• Jean November 23, 2015 at 7:56 pm

Thank you for the feedback! Although I have to admit ripped jeans, plaid and booties are one of my favorite pairings : )

• Jean November 23, 2015 at 7:58 pm

Hi guys! Yes, I will definitely be doing a post but I've been holding off as I'm still experimenting with my different pieces made of different fabric compositions, brands, etc. It's risky in general to wash dry clean only stuff at home but I've had a very positive experience thus far. Btw I'd highly recommend checking out the Laundress blog/website for their informative youtube videos (ie. how to hand wash a cashmere sweater, how to wash a wool coat). I was at a loss for where to begin and found their guides to be very helpful.

• Jean November 23, 2015 at 7:59 pm

Hi Char! Thanks for your comment! My lounge style is nothing special…actually I wear the bobeau fleece with leggings quite a bit, both of which I've posted about on this blog but in more put together outfits. If I come across any cute lounge pieces I love I'll be sure to include them in posts : )

• Jean November 23, 2015 at 8:01 pm

Hi Barbara – thank you! I do wear insoles but actually for flats, since my feet get sore in shoes that are very flat without support. For heels I don't usually use anything…if you have trouble with heels I would recommend sticking with a height that you're comfortable with and not strain yourself on higher ones! Nordstrom and Sole society have quite a feel cute mid and low heel shoes : )

• Michael November 24, 2015 at 11:33 am

I love the whole outfit it looks perfect. I'm totally in love with the red heels and the gorgeous bag!

• Bella Bucchiotti November 24, 2015 at 11:33 pm

I love that look girl you look stunning!

• Julie Hiller November 25, 2015 at 11:05 am

I love this holiday look on you! That sweater is really cute and fits you perfectly, and the bow heels are just fab! 🙂

Lifestyle by Joules

• Anonymous November 26, 2015 at 1:13 am

Hi Jean,

I love the whole outfit on you!!!

Just curious if the Baublebar necklace you are wearing is in Antique Gold or Silver? I can't decide between the two colours – both look very lovely!

• Unknown November 28, 2015 at 11:25 pm

which insoles would you suggest for flats?

• torriiii December 3, 2015 at 6:03 pm

I just purchased this necklace and find the gold bar at the top kind of lifts off my chest and sticks out. Do you have this problem at all? I love it other than that!

• Jean December 7, 2015 at 11:10 am

I have a few … Spenco RX heel cushions which are foamy in texture, Stiletto hardware insoles also made of memory foam, and also a harder insole SUperfeet Deluxe dress insole which is suprisingly comfortable.

• Jean December 7, 2015 at 11:11 am

Thanks! It's the antique gold

• Jean December 7, 2015 at 11:11 am

Hi – it's a stiff bar so I can see how it may jut out based on the slope of your neckline…maybe just try adjusting wearing it higher or lower to see if it'll lay more flat?

• J December 11, 2015 at 10:11 am

I love these shoes! So cute! I was wondering how (if at all) I could wear open toed shoes in the winter. I keep struggling with this. Do you have any advice?

• atateverywhere December 12, 2015 at 2:13 am

LOOOOVE the bow heels, but how would you style them without it looking too Christmas-y, outside of the holiday season? I'm thinking long term!