• Exploring Paris: Tweed jacket, striped tee + jeweled sandals

Jewel sandals paris casual outfit

Bonjour from Paris! We’re visiting for a few projects and are trying to soak up all the yummy baguettes, cheese, and pretty sights in between – follow along on Instagram for our daily snapshots! Today’s post is my outfit from our first day here. I had traveled in these same pants and sandals on our red-eye flight (pairing below), and just freshened up the upper half for a day around the city. Swap the sandals for closed-toe flats or heels, and this is easily a work-appropriate pairing as well.

travel casual outfit
    I also wanted to mention that my Sole Society Cassidy weekender bag (3 colors, bigger size “Lacie” sold here with metal feet) has finally been restocked! My default travel set shown above is the Bric’s carry-on and this weekender bag (love the neutral scheme with the two together), if Nick hasn’t claimed it first. The faux-leather has a decent weight to it so I usually transport it resting on top of my roller suitcase instead of on my shoulder.
    ann taylor chanel style jacket petites

I picked out these Sole Society sandals after seeing them on a fellow blogger, who mentioned they fit true to size and were comfy right off the bat (thanks, Fran!). They indeed required no breaking in for me, and have a fair amount of cushioning on the soles. The stones helped spruce up my most basic of airport outfits, without adding much weight to the shoe. Sizing felt true to size if not a little small, typical of Sole Society. I’m usually between a 5 and 5.5 in US shoes – got a 5 in these and probably could’ve gone up half, as the back of my foot is almost past the edge of the sandal. For T-straps like these, I think fit also depends on your toe length. Since I have shorter toes, you can see in the second photo there’s still space in the front, which could be taken up by someone with the same shoe size but longer toes.
    jardin du luxembourgI walked in these shoes for around 3 miles the first day and am happy to report no comfort issues. Our first journey brought us to the beautiful Jardin Du Luxembourg, which was abuzz with visitors sun-tanning and enjoying picnics. We had hoped to have tapas at the nearby, popular L’Avant Comptoir but the line was wrapped around the corner. Will have to go back earlier another time!
    Little Breizh paris france crepesAfter walking a bit more we came across Little Breizh, which filled our bellies with savory and sweet crepes the size of our heads. I’m in awe at how the French can enjoy copious amounts of cheese, bread and sweets while staying so fit!
    Jewel sandals paris casual outfit1
    From there it was an easy stroll along the Seine river. We stopped by the bridge full of love locks, not having had any idea that those locks (700,000 of them, estimated weighing ~ 45 tons) were being removed this weekend due to the weight and public safety concerns! We felt fortunate to have gotten a last glimpse.

Thank you to Sole Society for sponsoring this post! Can’t wait to share more from our trip, including our charming apartment rental that I know a few of you expressed interested in.

62 thoughts on “Exploring Paris: Tweed jacket, striped tee + jeweled sandals

• Anonymous June 8, 2015 at 9:35 am

I love your blog, Jean! One question – I'm going to Paris in the fall and am currently debating where to stay. I think I saw you mentioned you used Air BnB for this trip – how was it? I've never used it before and am nervous about using it for a trip abroad. Thank you!

• Angela Bonanza June 8, 2015 at 10:39 am

What a huge crepe hahah! This looks so fun 🙂

• Anonymous June 8, 2015 at 6:31 pm

Thanks a lot for your quick reply and suggestions.

I trust your advice so I was a bit upset to hear you say no, hehe

But I will check out that brand you mentioned. What a pity I live in Europe so I don't have access to all these great brands that you recommend on here (unless I don't mind paying the expensive shipping, of course).

Again, I really appreciated your help!

• Marie June 9, 2015 at 1:54 pm

Oh my, I didn't know you were coming to Paris, I would have loved meeting you ^^
      Where did you go? Did you get a chance to see a lot of things, since it seems you were here on a kind of business trip?
      Haha, with this kind of food, half ot the women survive on greens and soups days after that, the other half don't care at all and is proud to show its curves ^^

• Mae Ecalnea June 11, 2015 at 12:36 am

Hello there! I love your blog. Just wanna know where your pearl necklace came from? Since its not listed on your blog! Thanks! Good day 💛

• Sharon June 12, 2015 at 5:17 pm

I was in Paris at the same time! I saw them removing the locks from the bridge. That was sad. I would have loved meeting you. Your blog is terrific!

• Anonymous June 12, 2015 at 9:25 pm

I love your purse!! i'm about to get one too and i'm just wondering what do you clean your purse with or spray to protect it if it gets dirty!!

• bella Angel June 13, 2015 at 4:29 am

Polished ,Posh ,Pretty ,Prim …………

• Elizabeth June 19, 2015 at 7:33 am

I know this post is a couple of weeks old, but about the suitcase – do you find that the cream color gets dirty easily? I love how chic your luggage looks, and I'm looking to upgrade my travel kit!

• Malia June 20, 2015 at 6:49 pm

Love this post! What color/brand nail polish are you wearing on your toes? OBSESSED! I have been searching forever for the perfect pink and I think this could be the one!

• Candice June 21, 2015 at 8:29 am

Jean, quick question, THAT jacket…what size did you get? 00P or 0P? Thanks!

• Anonymous December 21, 2015 at 4:39 pm

Hi Jean! Love the blog. Quick question — when you travel with both your BRIC and the Cassidy Weekender, do you check the BRIC and carry-on the weekender, or have you been able to do carry-on for both pieces? I hope to avoid checking luggage but I'm afraid the weekender will be seen as too big as a personal item on a plane.