Exploring Paris: Tweed jacket, striped tee + jeweled sandals

Jewel sandals paris casual outfit

Bonjour from Paris! We’re visiting for a few projects and are trying to soak up all the yummy baguettes, cheese, and pretty sights in between – follow along on Instagram for our daily snapshots! Today’s post is my outfit from our first day here. I had traveled in these same pants and sandals on our red-eye flight (pairing below), and just freshened up the upper half for a day around the city. Swap the sandals for closed-toe flats or heels, and this is easily a work-appropriate pairing as well.

travel casual outfit
I also wanted to mention that my Sole Society Cassidy weekender bag (3 colors, bigger size “Lacie” sold here with metal feet) has finally been restocked! My default travel set shown above is the Bric’s carry-on and this weekender bag (love the neutral scheme with the two together), if Nick hasn’t claimed it first. The faux-leather has a decent weight to it so I usually transport it resting on top of my roller suitcase instead of on my shoulder.
ann taylor chanel style jacket petites

I picked out these Sole Society sandals after seeing them on a fellow blogger, who mentioned they fit true to size and were comfy right off the bat (thanks, Fran!). They indeed required no breaking in for me, and have a fair amount of cushioning on the soles. The stones helped spruce up my most basic of airport outfits, without adding much weight to the shoe. Sizing felt true to size if not a little small, typical of Sole Society. I’m usually between a 5 and 5.5 in US shoes – got a 5 in these and probably could’ve gone up half, as the back of my foot is almost past the edge of the sandal. For T-straps like these, I think fit also depends on your toe length. Since I have shorter toes, you can see in the second photo there’s still space in the front, which could be taken up by someone with the same shoe size but longer toes.
jardin du luxembourgI walked in these shoes for around 3 miles the first day and am happy to report no comfort issues. Our first journey brought us to the beautiful Jardin Du Luxembourg, which was abuzz with visitors sun-tanning and enjoying picnics. We had hoped to have tapas at the nearby, popular L’Avant Comptoir but the line was wrapped around the corner. Will have to go back earlier another time!
Little Breizh paris france crepesAfter walking a bit more we came across Little Breizh, which filled our bellies with savory and sweet crepes the size of our heads. I’m in awe at how the French can enjoy copious amounts of cheese, bread and sweets while staying so fit!
Jewel sandals paris casual outfit1
From there it was an easy stroll along the Seine river. We stopped by the bridge full of love locks, not having had any idea that those locks (700,000 of them, estimated weighing ~ 45 tons) were being removed this weekend due to the weight and public safety concerns! We felt fortunate to have gotten a last glimpse.

Thank you to Sole Society for sponsoring this post! Can’t wait to share more from our trip, including our charming apartment rental that I know a few of you expressed interested in.

62 Comments

1. Anonymous wrote:

Hi Jean! Love the blog. Quick question — when you travel with both your BRIC and the Cassidy Weekender, do you check the BRIC and carry-on the weekender, or have you been able to do carry-on for both pieces? I hope to avoid checking luggage but I'm afraid the weekender will be seen as too big as a personal item on a plane.

Posted 12.21.15 Reply
  2. Candice wrote:

Jean, quick question, THAT jacket…what size did you get? 00P or 0P? Thanks!

Posted 6.21.15 Reply
  3. Malia wrote:

Love this post! What color/brand nail polish are you wearing on your toes? OBSESSED! I have been searching forever for the perfect pink and I think this could be the one!

Posted 6.20.15 Reply
  4. Elizabeth wrote:

I know this post is a couple of weeks old, but about the suitcase – do you find that the cream color gets dirty easily? I love how chic your luggage looks, and I'm looking to upgrade my travel kit!

Posted 6.19.15 Reply
  5. Polished ,Posh ,Pretty ,Prim …………

Posted 6.13.15 Reply
  6. Anonymous wrote:

I love your purse!! i'm about to get one too and i'm just wondering what do you clean your purse with or spray to protect it if it gets dirty!!

Posted 6.12.15 Reply
  7. Sharon wrote:

I was in Paris at the same time! I saw them removing the locks from the bridge. That was sad. I would have loved meeting you. Your blog is terrific!

Posted 6.12.15 Reply
  8. Hello there! I love your blog. Just wanna know where your pearl necklace came from? Since its not listed on your blog! Thanks! Good day 💛

Posted 6.11.15 Reply
  9. Marie wrote:

Oh my, I didn't know you were coming to Paris, I would have loved meeting you ^^
    Where did you go? Did you get a chance to see a lot of things, since it seems you were here on a kind of business trip?
    Haha, with this kind of food, half ot the women survive on greens and soups days after that, the other half don't care at all and is proud to show its curves ^^

Posted 6.9.15 Reply
  10. Anonymous wrote:

Thanks a lot for your quick reply and suggestions.

I trust your advice so I was a bit upset to hear you say no, hehe

But I will check out that brand you mentioned. What a pity I live in Europe so I don't have access to all these great brands that you recommend on here (unless I don't mind paying the expensive shipping, of course).

Again, I really appreciated your help!

11. What a huge crepe hahah! This looks so fun 🙂

12. Anonymous wrote:

I love your blog, Jean! One question – I'm going to Paris in the fall and am currently debating where to stay. I think I saw you mentioned you used Air BnB for this trip – how was it? I've never used it before and am nervous about using it for a trip abroad. Thank you!

Posted 6.8.15 Reply
  13. I am a new mom looking for some comfortable dressing options. Your jeweled scandals and the pants look pretty convincing. As you said they are comfortable even after a walk of three miles, then I should try them. You have not mentioned anything about that pearl necklace. It is so pretty and glamorous. Would you share more about it?

Citrine Jenifer

14. Jean wrote:

I prefer not to talk much about my career details in order to have some privacy (hope you can understand!) but in case it helps a fellow blogger, yes my employers are aware that I blog and I think it's good to be transparent about that. Several of my trips so far have been work-related, but we also get a fair amount of vacation weeks!

15. Jean wrote:

Hi Judy – altering knits and sweaters is very, very tricky. I actually have never done so (properly, anyways) as most tailors would not do it and those who do will charge quite a bit due to the nature of working with knits. And I definitely don't recommend DIY unless you're an experienced knitter. I think you are best off looking for a sweater that already comes at the right length, as difficult as that might be! Have you checked out Modcloth's "dream of the crop" cardigans? I have one and love it.

16. Jean wrote:

thanks for the heads up! Great deal for a piece that is really pleasantly great quality.

17. Jean wrote:

We must've hit a chilly spell, and I wish I had brought a more substantial jacket! It was in the 50-60s.

18. Jean wrote:

Hi Patty, I've posted about these many times before, just search "Banana Republic sloan" in my search box on the sidebar! I take size 00 petite and then shrink them by machine washing and drying. Be careful drying because they shrink significantly if you leave them in there. I just do about 10-15 minutes.

19. Jean wrote:

Eep, wish I knew all these before leaving! Well, the more reason to go back soon!

20. Jean wrote:

I shrunk these in the dryer for the perfect fit. I would suggest being very careful if you choose to do so as well, because one pair shrunk too much on me and are now too snug!

21. Jean wrote:

Hi Kim, I absolutely LOVE it. They've really stepped up their game with the recent collection.

22. Jean wrote:

Black + beige cap toe : )

23. Anonymous wrote:

Hi Jean,

You look so pretty and elegant as always!

I am not sure if this is the right space to ask this question so please don't mind if I do.

I'd like to shorten a tightly knitted cardigan (very fine threads) to the waist's length. Can it be done by DIY? Or take it to a seamstress? It's hard to find a cropped cardigan for my body type so I 'd really like to take a chance..

but can it be done? Have you covered this topic before?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
    Judy

Posted 6.7.15 Reply
  24. Perfect look for Paris! I'm also in love with the pink YSL bag.
    bethanysbling.blogspot.com

Posted 6.7.15 Reply
  25. Anonymous wrote:

I see that you are taking all these trips and that's great. Please share how you are balancing your blog life and your full time job life? Are they aware of you blogging and allow you to take off from work for so many weeks? Thank you!

Posted 6.6.15 Reply
  26. I miss Paris so much! That jacket looks amazing on you.
    Julia // Little Miss Haute Couture

Posted 6.5.15 Reply
  27. Anu-J wrote:

That tweed jacket is darling and I LOVE your engagement ring <3 <3

Posted 6.5.15 Reply
  28. Anonymous wrote:

PSA: This jacket (plus almost all full-price styles) is currently on sale for 30% off on the Ann Taylor site today.

Posted 6.5.15 Reply
  29. Anonymous wrote:

We were in Paris at this exact time last year! How's the weather? When we went it was sweltering (80s) so I'm stunned to see you wearing a jacket. And this is coming from a Floridian! But really, tres chic mon cherie 🙂

Posted 6.4.15 Reply
  30. mywhiteT wrote:

Great post, love that look on you!!
    Amazing photos love!
    Love the jacket!

XOXO, Jessi
    mywhiteT.com

Posted 6.4.15 Reply
  31. Anonymous wrote:

Would really like to read about the fit of the BR pants. Thanks!

Patty

Posted 6.4.15 Reply
  32. coffeeslag wrote:

Your jacket is so cute!! Perfect for Paris because at first glance I thought it was a Chanel!

coffeeslag

Mango Favorites

Posted 6.4.15 Reply
  33. I love your luggage! Such a cute look!

Posted 6.4.15 Reply
  34. Anna wrote:

love your outfit!! and love Paris <3

Posted 6.4.15 Reply
  35. Love those sandals. I have long toes so would def need size bigger. Thanks for explaining with such great detail 🙂

Posted 6.4.15 Reply
  36. Trang Do wrote:

Love your Jacket and Sandals!
    Xoxo,
    Love from http://www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

Posted 6.4.15 Reply
  37. Petite-ish wrote:

And I would be remiss if I didn't recommend Patrick Roger chocolates. One of the best things we did I think was to go on a "chocolate walk" inspired by this 2008 nytimes article (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/14/travel/14journeys.html?_r=0) and then take our prizes to be savored in the Jardin du luxembourg

Posted 6.4.15 Reply
  38. Petite-ish wrote:

You look gorgeous, Jean! I'm so excited for you, Paris is such a beautiful and incredible city. If you have time and are looking for recs for places to eat, our favorite meal was at Cobea in Montparnasse. I would recommend Tour d'argent maybe for the experience (it's the restaurant that supposedly inspired Ratatouille and boasts the most amazing view of the Seine and Notre Dame) but not for the value, nope.

39. Cute look! Love the jacket 🙂

xx,
    pslilyboutique.com
    IG: pslilyboutique

40. Beautiful outfit! I love the jacket! Perfect for Paris 🙂

Posted 6.3.15 Reply
  41. I'm surprised BR pants fit you. Usually the hips are too big for me.

Posted 6.3.15 Reply
  42. I'm surprised BR pants fit you. Usually the hips are too big for me.

Posted 6.3.15 Reply
  43. I am loving those jeweled sandals! It looks like such a fun visit!

Posted 6.3.15 Reply
  44. You fit in very well with the Parisians!

Liz @ ShoppingMyCloset.com

45. Kate Cope wrote:

I love this look for wearing in Paris- it's so classic!
    This Side of Paradise

Posted 6.3.15 Reply
  46. Love the sandals and the lovely food! Parisians don't snack between meals that's how they stay in shape. I lived in Paris for years and I don't believe I ever saw true Parisian eat a packet of crisps or a bar of chocolate on the run. Or even drink Starbucks on the go. They all sit down and have proper e course meals, with wine…

Posted 6.3.15 Reply
  47. The way you described the fit of those sandals is so incredibly helpful. I wish more people would give specifics like you have, vs "I love these sandals!" for a review. 🙂 I have shorter toes too, and that causes some sandals to look funny on me if I have to size up. Love your look in this post, and those sandals really are beautiful!

Posted 6.3.15 Reply
  48. The perfect Parisian look!

adoredbyalex.com

49. Beautiful photos! Those sandals and jacket are too cute <3

Easy, Frugal Style

50. Sasa Zoe wrote:

Cute jacket<3

Shall We Sasa

51. Paola wrote:

I love your jacket, I think that would be perfect with a pair of Chanel flats! I have a similar jacket for winter

52. Rony wrote:
    Posted 6.3.15 Reply
  53. Loving the jacket and those sandals.

54. Valerie wrote:

What a coincidence you're in Paris as I was browsing for vintage shops in Paris for my visit in July. Can't wait to see more updates from your trip 🙂

55. Kim wrote:

Jean, how do you like that AT jacket?

Posted 6.3.15 Reply
  56. I'm loving the jeweled sandals! They're so pretty and such a statement!

xx, Diane || http://www.modernisticphoenix.blogspot.com

Posted 6.2.15 Reply
  57. Diana wrote:

Super chic outfit, I love your sandals!

|| D I A N A ||

Posted 6.2.15 Reply
  58. Colleen wrote:

I have the same issue with t-strap sandals! It makes me not like them because I totally trip over the front of the sandals!

COOCOO FOR COCO

Posted 6.2.15 Reply
  59. Anonymous wrote:

i'm dying to know which chanel flats you got!! what'd ya get?!

Posted 6.2.15 Reply
  60. Lovely photos.

Liv

Posted 6.2.15 Reply
  61. LeShawna wrote:

Looks amazing. I'll be in Paris in August. So excited!

Posted 6.2.15 Reply
  62. Suzie Q wrote:

The jeweled sandals are too cute! I love your first day outfit, especially the jacket! Beautiful shots from your first day in Paris, I enjoyed your narrative recap of it. Can't wait to see more!

xo, Suzie Q
    StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

Posted 6.2.15 Reply

Get the newsletter!

What updates would you like?