• From Meeting to Meeting with Nine West

meeting to meeting*All outfit details listed below*

For today’s post, I’m excited to share a fun collaboration with Nine West where I styled three pairs of shoes for different meetings in my day-to-day life. I work in financial services which is client-focused, so my work attire can depend on what type of offices (some formal, some super casual) and contacts I’ll be meeting with each day.
    morning meeting

For a breakfast meeting, I’ve paired classic navy pants with a button-up blouse finished off with leopard-print loafers. The outfit is tailored enough to be business casual, while these flat, comfy smoking slippers are great for running around and commuting in. I’ve gotten lots of requests to show more flat shoes and absolutely love these – if you’re in between sizes, I’d suggest going half a size up due to the narrower fit and pointy toe.
    morning meeting1
    For a more formal meeting with my clients’ CFO or their board, I’ve styled these heels with an outfit that is conservative and professional, but still with feminine details that are true to my style…

formal meetingNine West heels c/o (several colors), Ann Taylor blouse
    J.Crew No. 2 wool pencil skirt, Uniqueen tweed jacket (no longer avail.)

formal meeting2
    You can’t go wrong with solid closed-toe pumps, but I chose a thin herringbone pattern which appears all grey from afar (thus is still easy to style) and offers a little interesting texture closer up. I found sizing to be true to size with no slippage for narrow feet.
    formal meeting1
    For after-work networking with fellow bloggers, I’ve paired these scalloped-top booties with a flared skirt and knotted blouse for a fun, casual look that’s a welcome change from office attire.
    after work

You guys know I love my ankle boots and I definitely think they can be flattering even on shorter legs. Look for ones with a dip down the middle which can be more lengthening than those cut straight across, or pair with dark tights or skinny denim to create a seamless leg line.
    after work1

I hope you guys enjoyed this post, and thank you to Nine West for having me be a part of this campaign!

77 thoughts on “From Meeting to Meeting with Nine West

• Julie September 17, 2014 at 10:45 am

Great post! I love all three outfits though actually I might like the first the best–I love the way the leopard works with the belt!

Style by Joules

• Lexi Walz September 17, 2014 at 10:47 am

Love all these outfits, you styled them perfectly! Where do you get your belts for work from?

xo
      Lexi

the-streetsofgold.com

• Sasa Zoe September 17, 2014 at 10:55 am

Great styling for different occasions! Love the boots<3

• damickey September 17, 2014 at 10:58 am

Great post! I would have never thought to put the plaid shirt with the leopard.

• Ally September 17, 2014 at 10:59 am

Super cute outfits!! I love all three, especially the first one! 😀
      allygong.com
      Connect with me on Bloglovin!
      -Ally

• Betty September 17, 2014 at 11:02 am

Very stylish – all 3 looks!!! What size did you get in the Sloan pants?

• Christina Storm September 17, 2014 at 11:09 am

LOVE all three looks! Great post!

The Style Storm
      <3, Christina

• Mei Fleming September 17, 2014 at 11:22 am

Great looks! Would wear all three any day.

• Sweets &amp; Style September 17, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Love all your outfits! You look stunning!
      XX
      Miri

• Carol from Petite Style Online September 17, 2014 at 12:14 pm

My favourite is the booties. They are so cute!

• Emily September 17, 2014 at 12:15 pm

Can you comment on how comfortable the pumps and booties are? How do they compare to Ann Taylor perfect pumps?

You looks adorable – thanks!

• Helen Veyna September 17, 2014 at 12:34 pm

I love all of these outfits, and how you styled all these shoes. My favorite pair has to be the gray herringbone heels, which look so perfectly with that mustard skirt.

-Helen

Sweet Helen Grace

• Hope Howland September 17, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Lovely!! I love each look.. so classic!!! That BR shirt is so great and I love the pop of mustard yellow!
      Hope
      hchdesigns.blogpsot.com

• andrea September 17, 2014 at 1:40 pm

Love all three outfits…I always get the best outfit inspirations from you!

xoxo,
      Andrea

• Julia September 17, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Would you consider the mustard J.Crew No.2 skirt to be too bright for an important client meeting? I have the exact same skirt and working in a consulting firm myself, I have only wore it in very selective occasions. Normally I would wear that with black or navy blue instead of something light, to "tone down" the brightness. Just my 2 cents. 🙂

Julia || Closet de Jules
      Recent Post: Crusing PCH Wearing Lilly

• Liz | Shopping My Closet September 17, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Love the 1st pair of shoes!

Liz @ ShoppingMyCloset.com

• A Golden Tulip September 17, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Great styles, all 3 of them.. nine west shoes are all so trendy…love the boots and flats…the texture on the heels is interesting..

xo

• Suzie Q September 17, 2014 at 6:16 pm

I love how you styled all 3 of these looks and love all of the shoes! I especially adore the leopard slippers!

Suzie Q

• Shelbi Elkin September 17, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Your outfits are fantastic! You are just such a beautiful soul and I love looking through the posts as they come! Can't wait to see what is next!

Sincerely, Shelbi

• Jackie H. September 17, 2014 at 6:51 pm

Love the leopard smoking slippers on you! I was deciding between a few others (different brands), but seeing these on you made me decide to get the Nine West ones. Can't wait for them to come in. Always love how effortlessly put-together you look in all your outfits!!!

• beautylanparty.com September 17, 2014 at 10:08 pm

those booties are to DIE for! aaand i'm talkin bout those shoes of course 🙂

• Lina Gu September 17, 2014 at 10:20 pm

Like the casual outfit, It's my style!

• tellmeyblog.com September 17, 2014 at 11:14 pm

Love these outfits, especially for the first one!

• Miss Hot Couture September 17, 2014 at 11:16 pm

Love the pointy toe pumps and the outfits!

• Nidhi Patel September 18, 2014 at 12:14 am

Great styling of meeting looks! I especially love the third pair of shoes!
      Nidhi
      An Unblurred Lady

• Megan Robertson September 18, 2014 at 9:32 am

I always appreciate your posts offering ideas to mix up my wardrobe for work. It's not easy to inspire with office wear, but you manage to do it everytime!

• Creatiffa September 18, 2014 at 12:56 pm

The first outfit is perfect! Great match!

• Meka September 18, 2014 at 1:45 pm

I love every outfit and the shoes are all cute. I want them.

• Anonymous September 18, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Wow! Congratulations, Jean! It was wonderful to see you in my inbox this morning– as always, you looked stunning.

I'm an occasional blog visitor, but I've always appreciated that your site reflects a lot of work and thoughtful efforts aimed at helping a wide community develop a sense of style that's refined and beautiful.

You make a lot of points geared toward improving the value and satisfaction one can get from their wardrobe, and balance flair for trends with a recognition of timeless classics. For petites, your advice for alterations and considerations for where lines should fall or drapes should lay have helped mature how I look at fashion– I couldn't pay a greater compliment.

I know there's a trend to feature bloggers in advertising, but in your case I think it's also an opportunity to showcase an organized, creative thinker and positive influence for us. Thanks for your years of effort on the blog!

• Lindsay Eryn September 18, 2014 at 4:21 pm

Love these! I hadn't thought to look at Nine West for office shoes!

• Anonymous September 18, 2014 at 6:46 pm

Hi Jean! I love your first look and how you effortlessly combine your pieces to look so polished. I was wondering if you would mind taking us through your hair styling process? Your ponytail looks like it has the right amount of volume, and I can't seem to achieve that, so I'm left with flat ponytails

• Madison September 18, 2014 at 7:19 pm

Have the same striped skirt and didn't know what top to pair with it, now I do! Love your creativity when putting your outfits together 🙂 So glad I can relate to your "petite" posts and look forward to reading more!

xo
      – Madison

• Juliet Clark September 19, 2014 at 2:45 am

All three looks are fabulous, my favorite is the casual I just love the skirt 🙂

New Post is up at http://julietsthreads.blogspot.com

• Revital September 19, 2014 at 3:25 am

Gorgeous photos!! I simply love it!

• OhMonika September 19, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Oh wow, I've just found your blog and I fell in love with your outfits and style! Usually simply but perfect combined and classy! Especially that I'm petite too 😉
      This anckle boots are gorgeous 😉

• Anonymous September 19, 2014 at 2:28 pm

hi Jean, I just want to ask if you own any steamer for clothing to use on silk blouses or thin polyester material like the H&M; blouse in your previous post. I use the regular iron and have ruin (burned) several of my blouses already. I am looking for a good steamer if you or any of the readers here have any suggestion. Thank you so much

• Anonymous September 19, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Jean you look so lovely. especially like the outfit with the yellow J crew skirt. You are so pretty. You are not only beautiful in appearance but you are also beautiful inside, very classy and admirable

• Andrea GM September 20, 2014 at 7:57 am

Love the first outfit ! it looks so casual yet perfect for work..

micabellonocrece.blogspot.com

• Emma David September 20, 2014 at 9:13 am

Great Post and i love to see these sort of dresses it absolutely matches with my all requirements and the quality that i loved to wear. All the three outfits would be soon very common just due to its beautiful look….

• Cherish September 20, 2014 at 9:25 pm

beautiful! are these shots taken in chicago?