• Summer stripes from desk to dinner

desk to dinnerLeft: H&M; blazer (old, similar), Parentesi bag (old) Sole Society Jenn pumps c/o
    Right: Loft skirt (altered) and halter (very old), Sole Society Anneke heels c/o, Coach bag

I spend a good portion of my days at the office, so love stretching “work” pieces for double duty use. This Loft skirt was adorable and good quality in-person, so it was a keeper for me but did need alterations (full review coming soon). The left outfit above is pretty much my work staple formula, with a conservative blazer and solid pumps. Swapping those out for a flirty top and strappy heels makes for a perfect summer night pairing to sip cocktails in. I usually default right to dresses for nighttime, but love how this look makes use of an old piece found in the back of my closet.
    sole society studs For the second half of my collaboration with Sole Society, I wanted to show their popular Anneke heels which are now available from sizes 4 through 12. The studs on here are subtle (and per Nick, less intimidating) but enough to spice up a solid pump. I thought these were unexpectedly comfy for a strappy, pointy, and studded shoe, all of which are features that could typically be problem areas.

sole society studs1 The strap was comfortable for me because I noticed it sits right below my ankle, versus squarely on top or at some odd chaffing angle. The studs are rounded in-person which is good news for clumsy feet (have self-kicked quite a few times in Rockstuds with painful results!). As mentioned before I found this style to run narrow – I’m usually between a 5 and 5.5 and need the latter for these, whereas a 5 in the Jenn d’orsay are a perfect fit. For reference, the sizing in these felt similar to J.Crew shoes both length and width-wise.sole society studs2The Anneke comes in 5 colors, with two in genuine suede and the rest in faux patent. After trying both materials I personally prefer the suede, but the faux patent is lower maintenance as marks rubbed right off. I stain my suede shoes pretty easily and end up with cramped hands scrubbing at them with a toothbrush (any at-home cleaning tips would be appreciated!). sole society coralThank you to Sole Society for sponsoring this post. See all styles available in extended sizing.

55 thoughts on “Summer stripes from desk to dinner

• Anonymous July 7, 2014 at 11:19 pm

Your arms are so toned! What's your fitness secret?! 🙂

• Anonymous July 7, 2014 at 11:37 pm

yes, please share your fitness secret!

• InspiringNancy July 7, 2014 at 11:54 pm

You selected great transitioning pieces. I also love both outfits. I am looking for a nude pair and thinking of getting the ones you now own. Not too sure if I would rather invest the money on a more known brand or just solesociety. These will be one of my staples and I am slowly adding my basics only. Would you rather invest for a basic or just get something cheaper?

• A Golden Tulip July 7, 2014 at 11:58 pm

Love the night look, that top is flirty…and those sole society studded pumps are fab.

xo

• Miss Hot Couture July 8, 2014 at 12:00 am

Love the muted and neutral colors here!

• Anonymous July 8, 2014 at 12:08 am

Hi Jean, would you know if Solesociety ships to Sydney? My tiny feet need one of those!

• Yuching Lin July 8, 2014 at 12:14 am

Hi Jean! Your LOFT skirt link leads to sole society pumps instead of the skirt, just letting you know. 🙂

• Liz | Shopping My Closet July 8, 2014 at 12:30 am
    • AlexisB July 8, 2014 at 1:07 am

I used to use Scotchgard on suede items. I remember it working well. Look it up on Amazon for more info. If you're nervous to do it yourself, you can have it done at a shoe repair place.

• Gina G July 8, 2014 at 1:53 am

So lovely. And goodness, my Momma has petite feet too and I'm so jealous because she will literally take home an entire bag of shoes from the kids section equaling my one pair of shoes!

Gina
      Pink Wings

• Happiness at Mid Life July 8, 2014 at 1:54 am

I now always spray protectant on all my fabric /suede shoes since I get them so easily. I've had the Anneke heels for some time and love them.

I adore both looks.

Alice

• Anonymous July 8, 2014 at 2:12 am

I got a kit like this at DSW. It works pretty well. Definitely put some Scotchgard or other weather proofing spray on suede shoes before wearing though. Good luck!

• Anonymous July 8, 2014 at 2:22 am

Hi Jean, I love your blog and have been following you for a while. Congrats on a beautiful and very informative blog!

You profile some very nice shoes but unfortunately I am a girl with a bad back so don't wear heals and have semi flat feet. Or I rather try to stay with heals < 1 & 1/4 inches with good arch support (think Clarks Artisan or Unstructured collection low/no heel but very unglamorous). Any recommendations for nice looking comfortable shoes that don't make me feel I am 65 :)!

• Anonymous July 8, 2014 at 3:20 am

Very nice composition, great elegance and refinement!

• Carla Krae July 8, 2014 at 3:22 am

Rust-Oleum NeverWet.

• Mei Fleming July 8, 2014 at 3:44 am

Beautiful outfits. Love the summery color palette. The blouse is so pretty.

• Anonymous July 8, 2014 at 5:52 am

Hi Jean,
      Does this skirt have graywhite stripes as in your pics or are the stripes more brownishoff-white as on Loft website?
      Thanks

• Anonymous July 8, 2014 at 7:26 am

Where Is your necklace from (left pic)? Love it!

• Anonymous July 8, 2014 at 7:27 am

Such a versatile skirt! Do you mind sharing what size you got and waist and hips measurements before alterations (if possible)?
      Thank you!

• Graciela July 8, 2014 at 8:17 am

Hi anonymous! Try AGL shoes, they are a bit pricey but sooooo comfy and beautiful. I wear all heels but when my day calls for on my feet, My AGLs got my back, literally! Big department stores carry them, at first they don't really strike your fancy but you put them on and the magic comes out, just like frosty and his hat
      Regards,
      Graciela

• Graciela July 8, 2014 at 8:20 am

Jean, you look wonderful! Love the little top on the right, so frilly and feminine !
      Have a great week!
      Graciela

• Taramixandmatch July 8, 2014 at 8:37 am

That skirt is so pretty, I love the colors of it!

• Li July 8, 2014 at 9:13 am

I like your outfit!
      Li (simplyli.com)

• Anonymous July 8, 2014 at 9:27 am

So stylish and classy – beautiful neutral colors. Love –Anu from Finland 🙂

• Raquelita July 8, 2014 at 10:45 am

Love the work to dinner look, Jean! The coral/orange suede pumps are great for work- appropriate, but gives you a little kick of style- I think I need to look into them!
      XO Rach

• Petite-ish July 8, 2014 at 10:50 am

Love both these looks and the lighting in your new home is incredible!

• Berty Morales July 8, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Both looks are so beautiful, and elegant.

In case you are wondering where is Mad For Fashion For Less the blog, sadly is no longer available, but you can become a Mad For Fashion For Less fan via Facebook.

Click Here – https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mad-For-Fashion-For-Less/310725935696887

Again thank you so much for your support. Wish me luck in this new journey!

• rodelma lopez July 8, 2014 at 3:08 pm

i have the same halter like this and its old too but i keep it and i love it…my sisters keep asking me to hand over but then i cant let it go its one of my favorites…as usual you look good jean

• Polly @ Tasty Food Project July 8, 2014 at 6:36 pm

I love both outfits! So simple yet classy!

• Anonymous July 8, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Thanks! I will give them a try,

• IH July 8, 2014 at 7:49 pm

so is her ab! Please share your fitness routine.

• IH July 8, 2014 at 7:50 pm

Agreed! I'm curious too.

• andrea July 9, 2014 at 1:28 am

I love both looks! The blush H+M blazer gives the first look a sophisticated vibe, but that pale grey halter is stunning! Perfection!

xoxo,
      Andrea

• Anonymous July 9, 2014 at 7:53 am

Hi Jean,
      I've been following you for a while. You look awesome and your personal style inspires me to create mine.
      Good luck. From the Netherlands

• Anonymous July 9, 2014 at 10:32 am

Love your blog! Do you have a Bib + Tuck account? Would love to be able to shop your closet on their site! You can also now make money on their site!

• Amy @ Long Drive Journey July 9, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Jean, I just wanted to let you know that I went into J. Crew last week and picked up the Schoolboy Blazer. It was 50% off in store, so I got it for even cheaper. Thanks again for the heads up!

• Mindy July 10, 2014 at 11:52 am

Hi Jean. I found Jcrew petite sizing a bit odd… some too loose, some too tight. I noticed that Brooks Brothers carry petite too, but you have not posted anything about them yet. If you, or other petite bloggers here know their petite sizing, would you share? They are having a sale and was wondering if they are worth trying…

• Jean July 10, 2014 at 1:19 pm

Thanks so much for letting me know! Need to proofread better : )

• Jean July 10, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Hi there – it's a grayish blue in my opinion : )