• New workwear option: The Limited petites

the limited leopard camel The Limited 1- button blazer (BOGO free) and leopard skirt c/o, Kate Spade heels (similar)

I’ve received many questions regarding The Limited Petite line, so am excited to finally talk a bit about their new offering. The Limited introduced petite sizing last month in many of their core items as well as seasonal pieces. I learned that their core “Collection” suiting line uses the same fabrics and colors season after season, so you can mix-and-match pieces over time (why more businesswear brands don’t do this is beyond me!). These coordinates are also currently on promo for buy-1-get-1 free. I chose this Collection blazer in a versatile light camel shade, plus filled a gap in my wardrobe for a leopard pencil skirt. It’s been tricky to find a print that isn’t too far on the wild side – the coloring on this one is just right for multi-season wear, and the length helps keep it professional.
    the limited leopard3
    Sizing for the petites line ranges from 00P / XXSP (which appear to be going fast) to 12P for certain items like suiting and skirts, and 0P / XSP to 12P for items like blouses and dresses. I found the sizing to be consistent with that of other American workwear brands, so would suggest ordering your usual size.
    the limited leopard4
    For fit reference, below is the skirt and Collection blazer before any styling or adjustments. The jacket fit well for a professional suit on my 5 foot tall frame, especially in the shoulder width, button placement (right at my natural waist), and length (right at the hips). The back view is also flattering. The sleeves hit about an inch past my wrists.

The skirt, as expected for me in this size, sat lower on my hips. Since I have a longer torso and want to lengthen my leg line, I had the skirt taken in 2″ down the back center zipper, which effectively raised the waistline and brought up the hem to hit above my knees. I wore both pieces for full days of work and am happy to report the materials are comfortable and don’t wrinkle.
    the limited petites actual fit
    Measurements, for reference:
    Jacket in 00P: 13.5″ across shoulders, 15″ across armpits, 14″ across waist, 23″ sleeve length, 20″ torso length. Two working pockets, fully lined.
    Skirt in 00P: 13″ across waist, 17″ across hips, 19.5″ length. Black waistband and black-trimmed working pockets. Material is a slightly embossed textured fabric. Fully lined with invisible back zipper closure.

Currently petite sizing is online-only and cannot be returned to stores, but The Limited is offering free return shipping for all petite merchandise.
    the limited leopard1
    This post was sponsored The Limited.
    Visit Sponsor's Site

63 thoughts on “New workwear option: The Limited petites

• eliz March 6, 2014 at 9:39 am

I saw that they added petites…I was bummed out they ran out of small sizes on a lot of items I wanted. So glad they expanded because it just adds one more place I can shop for work…I hate being so limited !

• Jaclyn Leblanc March 6, 2014 at 9:43 am

I love this skirt and that coral top together!

• Hannah March 6, 2014 at 9:54 am

That skirt is amazing!
      Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

• Dressed with soul March 6, 2014 at 9:55 am

This is a perfect look for work! I have to admit I´m not as wonderful dressed at work than you 🙂

xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

• Meg Sylvia March 6, 2014 at 10:18 am

Love it. Every outfit you put together looks so contemporary and elegant! Definitely need to update my wardrobe in the near future, and will be referring to your blog for sure 🙂

• Annick March 6, 2014 at 10:19 am

Wow, that skirt is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for the review!

Bold Subtlety

• Anonymous March 6, 2014 at 10:21 am

Thank you so much for letting us all know, Jean! We have Limited store in our little town and I hope they will stock on petite sizing too. And thank you for keeping your blog so down to earth. Out of several blogs that I started following a few months ago (and some are considered to hang on top charts of fashion blogging), your is the only one (no exaggeration!) I am really excited about when the new post comes on.
      Elza
      P.S. (remember I emailed you about your photos of S. Weitzman boots on ebay? 🙂

• Anonymous March 6, 2014 at 10:23 am

correction: YOURS is the only one

• Suzie Q March 6, 2014 at 10:26 am

That's so great that The Limited added a petite line. I absolutely love the leopard skirt! I agree, the print and color of this is suitable for a work environment. Might pick this up myself 🙂 Love how you styled this outfit!

Suzie Q

• Berty Morales March 6, 2014 at 10:31 am

This is a great look and perfect for the office. In love with that skirt BTW!

• Mei Fleming March 6, 2014 at 10:32 am

So great to hear more petite options are becoming available and accessible! This is a great leopard print as they're not all made equal. And this fits you so well. Very chic and work appropriate. Looking so adorable as always!!

OUTFIT POST:: BODY CHAINED

xo

• Dana Kay March 6, 2014 at 10:32 am

so happy that The Limited added a petite line. I love how you paired the leopard print skirt with a coral colored top, it really gives the outfit that extra pop.
      xo,
      Dana Kay

• DontBlameTheKids March 6, 2014 at 10:32 am

I have been very surprised with the quality of The Limited in the past. A few years ago, I bought a pair of basic black work pants there for the crazy discounted price of $15. It was an emergency, so I had to buy something but didn't want to waste money. (Someone had spilled coffee on me!) (*That is a lie. I spilled coffee on myself.) I thought I would just throw them away after, because surely they were so cheap they would fall apart. Nope! They are still in rotation, no matter how badly I treat them. I will definitely be checking out The Limited Petites!

• Lindsey Bickert March 6, 2014 at 10:41 am

I love the leopard pencil skirt, as well as your pop of metallic with the heels! Gorgeous combo 🙂

• Lauren March 6, 2014 at 10:46 am

I had no idea The Limited added a petites line until this post! I'm in the market for some new work-friendly pencil skirts and will definitely be giving The Limited a try – it's been years since I've bought anything from them because their regular sizing was always a little too big. Hooray for petites!

Lauren

• Ellie March 6, 2014 at 10:54 am

I worked at The Limited for about 5 years in high school and on college breaks and can attest to the quality! As I write this I'm wearing black collection pants that I bought maybe 4 years ago and they still look great (partially, I think, because I don't over dry clean them). I also have a pair of exact stretch pants that I've had for 6 years that are just starting to wear out! The exact stretch ankle pants are also great for petites 🙂 Definitely give them a try if you never have or haven't in a long time!

• New Mom and the City March 6, 2014 at 12:57 pm

oooh so exciting. love the skirt on you!

• Anonymous March 6, 2014 at 1:16 pm

You should check out White House Black Market. They have petite stuff now. Amazing quality

• Anonymous March 6, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Cool! Would you say the petite sizing is similar to banana republic petite sizing? can you compare? thank you!

• Anonymous March 6, 2014 at 1:43 pm

Very nice and effortless look. Just a little surprised to see that the pencil skirt on the limited website, is actually bronze-ish leopard instead of the more black-n-white leopard print in your picture, which I personally prefer and think it more work appropriate. Too bad I have to pass this one (I've been collecting pencil skirt lately!) but your pictures look really good.

• cheappetite.com March 6, 2014 at 5:04 pm

The quality of the pieces looks really nice! I wrote a post about The Limited's petite selection last week. A company spokeswoman said they plan to offer a petite range permanently and hope to eventually sell them in stores as well. Great news for petites! Thanks for your post!

• EM March 6, 2014 at 5:56 pm

I really like those metallic shoes!

• Anonymous March 6, 2014 at 9:40 pm

i think the blazer is a little large on you in the bust area. will you be tailoring it or leaving as is for a casual blazer look?

• Chantelle March 6, 2014 at 11:24 pm

I'm so glad you keep us informed on all the new pieces in the petite world! I sometimes JUST make it (I'm slightly over 5'4"), but find the petite sizing is perfect for my body because I'm skinny and it usually fits much smaller than regular sizes.

• jenessasheffield March 6, 2014 at 11:37 pm
    • Nala T March 7, 2014 at 12:04 pm

I really love your chic style!!

• Niki {Glossy Blonde} March 7, 2014 at 1:34 pm

You look gorgeous! This entire outfit is perfect. And that's so great that brands like The Limited are starting to focus on petites! I have a few friends who are quite petite and they have such a hard time shopping for clothes sometimes!

• Orange You Classy March 7, 2014 at 4:16 pm

your work style is always so effortless!

xo, Liz

• rodelma lopez March 7, 2014 at 7:59 pm

you work your style in so natural way that everything in it blend so well..love it

• Isa Chenier March 7, 2014 at 11:14 pm

Now that The Limited finally ships internationally, they have seen the light and added the petite section! Thank you Jean for letting us all know!!! And that skirt looks truly great.

• pumpkinmommy March 8, 2014 at 3:59 am

The striped lining on the sleeves is a nice touch. I take it the sleeves are vented and buttoned? That makes DIY shortening near impossible…

• A Brush with Color March 8, 2014 at 11:09 am

This comment has been removed by the author.

• A Brush with Color March 8, 2014 at 11:17 am

I love the skirt on you and think that length is very elegant and slimming: I personally think that length is very sophisticated as opposed to "cute" in a shorter length.

• Maggie Adofo March 8, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Business + Party = Perfect.

xo
      Maggie A
      LOVEMAVIN/YOUTUBE || LOVEMAVIN/BLOG

• Linda March 8, 2014 at 7:07 pm

I love your hair style! Do you color or highlight?If you do, can you share what color do you use?

• Anonymous March 9, 2014 at 12:06 pm

The skirt looks killer on you!

So when are you gonna do a post on boyfriend jeans? With this trend possibly dethroning the skinny jean, I'm very curious to know if you had any luck finding the right pair. I've yet to find a petite blogger that has pulled off this look without compromising height. I'm thinking that maybe the trick is to find a cropped pair that tapers? What are your thoughts?

• jf March 9, 2014 at 12:40 pm

It is about time they started carrying petites!

• sharonmei March 9, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Hi Jean, this common is about your Instagram photo of a white Banana Republic dress — is that item still available? Thanks! Best, SHaron

• A Petite Treat March 9, 2014 at 5:37 pm

This outfit is so cute and fun!

Jenn