• Summer Favorites Video, Part 1 – White dress + bold prints

After taking a 6 month hiatus from YouTube, I felt so encouraged by some of your messages that I decided to try again. My friend Jimmy generously opened up his bright space to me so that I can fit more than a head and chest into the frame. I felt a mile away from the camera and tried using a mic (gifted by my thoughtful little brother), so please bear with the severe volume swings. This was also my first time recording with friends present, thus was a nervous chatterbox. The multitude of challenges faced while filming a basic video make me really appreciate YouTubers like WendysLookbook who produce amazing ones, time and time again.

*Note: Change video to HD (4th button in from the bottom right) for the original quality*

Items shown (I will share more details about fit, quality, and alterations performed in future posts):

White Dress Outfits
    – BR Factory white pencil dress (similar), $99 got on sale for $60 and altered at home
    – H&M; blazer, Forever21 necklace & striped belt that came w/ shorts (this year’s version)
    – Hermes belt, Aqua shrug, random double pearls ($12 option here), Chanel WOC, Spotted pumps c/o a+o

Printed Skirt Outfits
    – Amazing world map skirt with detachable peplum custom made by the talented SewPetiteGal. She has limited material available for custom, made-to-measure orders.
    – H&M; ivory shell, Hermes belt reversed
    – H&M; basics burgundy tank, Christian Louboutin simple 85 pumps, H&M; clutch

Readers – What are your favorite summer pieces?

62 thoughts on “Summer Favorites Video, Part 1 – White dress + bold prints

• PetiteAsianGirl July 3, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Thank you – it is actually just a basic striped tank top from H&M; kids basics.

• dottiemakesmagic July 4, 2012 at 2:16 am

i'm not familiar with your other videos but i thought that was great! a little preppier than my style but love all the classic looks. i def agree finding your waist is key! 🙂 going to have to work on my tan and pull out my summer whites!

• phiphis blog July 4, 2012 at 7:58 am

for some reason my comments aren't posting – so here's a repeat! i love your video series and am so happy to see it's up again! you have such a wonderful style and the way you elevate an outfit with a few accessories is just amazing! SPG's skirt looks fabulous on you! xox P

• Joanna Le July 4, 2012 at 10:39 am

What a lovely place to film in! It actually looks like you're standing in front of a green screen.. Great job on the video and pairings!

• Anonymous July 4, 2012 at 2:03 pm

yeeh, you started posting on yt again!! love your blogs and vids 🙂

• cushy July 5, 2012 at 1:11 pm

i like how you included styles for work and for the weekends.

• Elisse July 5, 2012 at 2:26 pm

I love the video! Some of my favorite summer pieces are silk dresses (I have so many, and they're good for both in an out of the office), white eyelet shorts, and sandals.

• Joy July 6, 2012 at 7:48 pm

I just watched the video. It was very clear and informative.
      I love how clean and crisp that white dress looks. & that world map skirt is so cool. I knew SewPetiteGal was talented, but I had no idea just how talented.

Anyways, great job on the video! I enjoyed it a lot!

• Anonymous September 9, 2012 at 7:28 am

Hi jean, I love the necklace you have paired with the white dress outfit. Could u provide a close up photo of how it actually looks like 🙂 thanks for the video again! Keep up the great work! Angelin

• Bytesize82 September 15, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Very nice? Where'd you purchase the polka dot heels?

• sirking May 9, 2014 at 8:19 am

Stupendous blog you guys have provided there, I will absolutely valuate your effort.Guardians of the Galaxy streaming

• Maritsa Darmandzhyan May 17, 2017 at 12:23 am

Hi you did a summer video with a jade green skirt; is that j crew?