• Summer Favorites Video, Part 1 – White dress + bold prints

After taking a 6 month hiatus from YouTube, I felt so encouraged by some of your messages that I decided to try again. My friend Jimmy generously opened up his bright space to me so that I can fit more than a head and chest into the frame. I felt a mile away from the camera and tried using a mic (gifted by my thoughtful little brother), so please bear with the severe volume swings. This was also my first time recording with friends present, thus was a nervous chatterbox. The multitude of challenges faced while filming a basic video make me really appreciate YouTubers like WendysLookbook who produce amazing ones, time and time again.

*Note: Change video to HD (4th button in from the bottom right) for the original quality*

Items shown (I will share more details about fit, quality, and alterations performed in future posts):

White Dress Outfits
    – BR Factory white pencil dress (similar), $99 got on sale for $60 and altered at home
    – H&M; blazer, Forever21 necklace & striped belt that came w/ shorts (this year’s version)
    – Hermes belt, Aqua shrug, random double pearls ($12 option here), Chanel WOC, Spotted pumps c/o a+o

Printed Skirt Outfits
    – Amazing world map skirt with detachable peplum custom made by the talented SewPetiteGal. She has limited material available for custom, made-to-measure orders.
    – H&M; ivory shell, Hermes belt reversed
    – H&M; basics burgundy tank, Christian Louboutin simple 85 pumps, H&M; clutch

Readers – What are your favorite summer pieces?

62 thoughts on “Summer Favorites Video, Part 1 – White dress + bold prints

• Personalitea July 2, 2012 at 12:01 am

I've missed your videos! Thank you for posting. I'm inspired to use your ideas towards my summer work outfits. II don't usually post comments too often on your site but definitely wanted you to know that I appreciate all the hard work you put towards your blog and videos … I hope the next video is soon?!

• Cari July 2, 2012 at 12:06 am

Hi Jean,

You were the first blog i found browsing the web and the reason why i started blogging.I'm not a petite girl but i love your sense of style. I'm glad you doing videos again since they always been so helpful.I love the peplum skirt print and all the options of colors there is to style it with with.

xoxo
      carina
      myfashionarchive.blogspot.com

• Anonymous July 2, 2012 at 12:45 am

love your striped dress! (and all your pairings) where is it from?

• AubreyOhDang! July 2, 2012 at 12:59 am

whooo girl, look at you showing us that burgundy pump. bendy!

• Anonymous July 2, 2012 at 1:06 am

I love your hermes belts. you are my favorite blogger. Please alert if you see a similar cognac cluch that can be used as a crossbody bag like yours. This is a great video

• Kay July 2, 2012 at 1:08 am

Love the outfit suggestions! Great video too 🙂

• Michelle July 2, 2012 at 1:38 am

Glad the videos are back! 🙂 Those dotted/animal print pumps are great! Loving your peplum attachment suggestions :p SPG did a great job with that skirt!

I love the background image at the start and end of your video!!

• octoberchic.com July 2, 2012 at 1:52 am

I love all your suggestions. Very classy yet feminine.

octoberchic.com

• Anonymous July 2, 2012 at 1:54 am

Loved your video! Keep them coming, please!

• Megan July 2, 2012 at 2:05 am

I love the added humor and of course I love your style. 🙂 I'm so glad you're back on YouTube! keep it up! 🙂

• newpetite July 2, 2012 at 2:10 am

Gorgeous pairings and that skirt by SPW is gorgeous!!

• Bára Rektorová July 2, 2012 at 2:27 am

I´ve missed you Jean! I am so happy you are planning to make more videos. Keep it up and thanks!

• Marisa- Broke With Designer Taste July 2, 2012 at 2:30 am

Amazing video! you did such a great job and your tips are perfect too! Can't wait for the next one!

Marisa

• Priscilla July 2, 2012 at 2:43 am

amazing! I loved it!

blowarainbow.blogspot.com

• Felicia Tan July 2, 2012 at 3:03 am

Great video, and I do love that white dress x

• SewPetiteGal July 2, 2012 at 3:10 am

I am so very honored to have my skirt in your video! That pilgrim collar? Total DO! The peplum can also be worn as an in-your-face sash (which is what my toddler was prancing around with the other day, LOL).

Loved your pairings for everything, but especially the preppy look! What kind of watch are you wearing? I think my next DIY will be a slim, white dress 🙂

• Kristi July 2, 2012 at 3:16 am

Thanks for posting another video! Very stylish and well filmed.

Also I'm a bit late on this, but your earlier post from when you bought the white dress was very helpful. I didn't notice the things you mentioned about the fit (off the rack) until you pointed it out. I find myself examining clothes a little more closely before I purchase them since I started reading your blog!

• Natasha Fatah July 2, 2012 at 6:38 am

Great video, you've done a lovely job!

xoxo
      ~Natasha Fatah~
      ~Natasha Fatah~

• Petite Therapy July 2, 2012 at 8:27 am

Great job styling! Love SPG's map skirt!

• Vivian July 2, 2012 at 8:59 am

The white goes so well with those belts. Do you have any more price-friendly options for the belt instead of Hermes?

js-go.blogspot.com

• couturecoco July 2, 2012 at 9:15 am

Excellent job! You're so brave.

• girly girl July 2, 2012 at 10:26 am

I'ved missed your videos! Thanks for posting again. Love your personality on camera Jean! 🙂

• Always Maylee July 2, 2012 at 11:24 am

What an awesome video, I love it. You look gorgeous in that white dress, loved that first outfit and the last one.

xo, Yi-chia
      Always Maylee

• Shelley A. July 2, 2012 at 1:49 pm

I've just recently found your blog and have learned so much already. Thanks for sharing your style and expertise! Love the video, please keep doing them.

• Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews) July 2, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Ahhh SPG's skirt looks fantastic on you Jean!

• Jane July 2, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Jean, It's obvious that you're becoming more comfortable in front of the camera! Great video. I especially love the white dress and how you accessorized it.

• Anonymous July 2, 2012 at 6:49 pm

I think you did a fabulous job with this video. I do the same thing when I'm trying to coordinate new prints (hold the garment up to my wardrobe). Also, you are extremely articulate, which made this video very easy on the ears. 🙂 keep up the great work.

• Annia July 2, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Hello!!!
      I love your blog!!!
      I just found it!

I made a blog a couple of months ago too.
      I would really appreciate if you could check it out and follow if you like it!
      Thank you!!!

• Shia Caetta July 2, 2012 at 7:41 pm

It's nice seeing a video from you… it was great, really liked your map skirt. Keep up the great work!! 😀

• Ann July 2, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Don't ever ever quit blogging Jean… you give such inspirational ideas and you motivate me so much!!!

• Jackie July 2, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Very nice! Makes want to get a white dress!

• Anonymous July 2, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Thank you so much for the video. Not sure about the fish background, but loved your outfit ideas.

• travel.experience.learn. July 3, 2012 at 2:24 am

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Brenda July 3, 2012 at 2:25 am

Love the outfits! Especially the one with the Peplum Skirt! I'm also on the petite side as well, but can never find any Peplum Skirts that can fit.

I have just recently joined the petite blogger community ~ http://www.perfectinpurple.com.

• Anonymous July 3, 2012 at 7:00 am

Would appreciate if you could include a tutorial on tie & tuck in your blouse over a dress as shown in http://www.extrapetite.com/2012/06/signature-style-classic-tweed-pencil.html & http://www.extrapetite.com/2011/12/h-spring-review-emerald-green-pencil.html.

• cheryl July 3, 2012 at 1:57 pm

love this video Jean, and always appreciate your blog posts.
      "channel the pilgrim look" – that made me rofl.
      Happy 4th of July!

• Anonymous July 3, 2012 at 3:48 pm

your personality reminds me so much of wendyslookbook! you two must be friends!

• Anonymous July 3, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Hi Jean, did you get a haircut? (: And your video was so informational and great as always!!

• L in Brooklyn July 3, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Wonderful video, Jean! I love how professional and pretty your pieces are!