Diane Von Furstenberg for Gap Kids Collection – March 15, 2012

Some weekend sale notes first:

1. The black skinny jeans that I’m wearing here are now $19 (45% off). They come in 5 lengths!

2. Ann Taylor is running 40-50% off a large portion of their current merchandise w/ ANNSPRING, plus extra 50% off sale items. The beautiful Crimson Wool Crepe Jacket and matching Crimson Skirt I posted about last year are left in 00P & up for $150 total. Not exactly cheap, but that’s over 60% off and shipping is free. All of their suiting is about a size too big on me, but my friend has this set and it’s very elegant on her.

3. There’s a new H&M; printable coupon for 15% off 1 item, expiring 2/26/2012.

I heard rumblings about the DVF for Gap Kids line last year, but nothing more until just now. I had my fingers crossed for some signature wrap dresses in beautiful prints to squeeze into. The previews look adorable for children, but unfortunately a bit juvenile for grown women. Price points from $23-$88+ are fairly high for Gap Kids and will probably be excluded from most sales. Who knows, though…we could be pleasantly surprised in-person. Here are two pieces with “potential” for adults poking around in the kids department:

Big sis & little sis (or, petite mommy & daughter) matching dresses:
Large stone print shift dress. Lots of garments in this print, also in bright yellow and green:

Photos from Flare.

Readers – Will you be checking out this collection for either yourself or a little one?

31 thoughts on “Diane Von Furstenberg for Gap Kids Collection – March 15, 2012

• Sandra February 17, 2012 at 5:02 pm

sooo cute ๐Ÿ™‚ I have got a baby boy so I wont be buying dresses for him ๐Ÿ˜‰ x

• Natasha Fatah February 17, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Jean, you have to read my post today about my mishap with a DVF dress I thrifted this weekend: http://natashafatah.blogspot.com/2012/02/bulk-barn-and-peer-pressure.html

xoxo

• LC February 17, 2012 at 5:10 pm

i wish i had a kid..darnit! hahhaha.

• lovely pettit_mom February 17, 2012 at 5:10 pm

this is all so cute for little girl.. i am thinking to get shopping for my birthday girl

• CynthiaC February 17, 2012 at 5:50 pm

I don't wear kids' clothes as a rule, but I might consider some for relatives!

• Cher February 17, 2012 at 6:01 pm

i saw this today, and was super excited about buying stuff for my goddaughters and nieces. I don't wear kids clothes, though I've tried GAP kids years and years ago, and it was always a fit fail. I'm not even going to attempt it again. I'll just spoil "my" little ones. ๐Ÿ˜€

• Cee February 17, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Is it silly that I want to stock up for future girl children that I may not even have? What if I have all boys?! I really like the coral and white wrap dress too. Sigh. Perhaps I'll settle for accessories instead.

• Amyyyyyyy February 17, 2012 at 6:02 pm

I bought those ON jeggings for $3.69 when I went about a month ago. There were not specifically marked on sale or anything but when the guy rang them up, it came out to only ~4 bucks! So I would highly recommend checking them out in stores…you never know what kind of deals you might stumble across!

• Juebejue February 17, 2012 at 6:17 pm

a very unrelated note — the fabric for the last dress looked eerily familiar to me, and then i realized i've used a fabric with almost the exact print as a lining for my coat!

very cool! ๐Ÿ™‚

• littlemissandrea February 17, 2012 at 6:20 pm

I got the email about the denim at ON being on sale here in Canada too.. too bad its more expensive and all the small sizes are gone! Boo.

The DVF collection for Gap is definitely more geared towards little girls, but who knows. We gotta wait and see!

Have a great weekend, Jean!

• Halle February 17, 2012 at 7:07 pm

ahh! Why not for women!?!? I'd buy out my nearest Gap- I love Diane. She's so talented and her designs are super for the spring.

• Tang February 17, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Hmm I would go try some pieces on for fun! Excited that there will be a pop-up shop in Toronto for Jason Wu for Target next week though! But not so sure anything will fit well after your review. Thanks for the always great reviews!

• Molly February 17, 2012 at 7:34 pm

I'm on this DVF kick right now- just bought the Youth Suede boot in black (50% off at ShopBop! Yes!) so my bank account is very lucky I have no children or small nieces.

• dietingfashions February 17, 2012 at 9:44 pm

I have always been a fan of Diane Von Furstenberg. I actually wore a beautiful ruched dress by DVF for Valentine's Day. I am so going to pick some DVF for Gap Kids for my 2 little girls. They love to dress up. I hope it's affordable. I don't want to pay a lot for kids clothing considering kids grow out of clothes way too quickly.

• Anne February 17, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Yep! I'm a sucker for name brand collabos for children.
    I bought my daughter (she's almost 4 months) Missoni for Target & Harajuku Mini for Target.
    I will most likely get her a few pieces of DVF for Gap, but I think it's a bit pricey, which I can understand. We'll see what I can get my hands on. hehe

xo Annie

• La Professionnelle February 18, 2012 at 12:27 am

I have recently become a DVF freak. I am justifying a summer DVF wardrobe by telling myself I will be able to wear it for work and weekends. I like the easy 1 step outfit of a dress and my current dress collection is very structured so I need some DVF to loosen me up ๐Ÿ™‚ So, I will be checking out the collection for little ones in my family and for anything I can squeeze myself into (if there is a more adultish classic color or print of course).

• Nuha February 18, 2012 at 12:54 am

I got the DVF for gap email today too, and was secretly hoping there would be something that I could squeeze into as well. Maybe they did it on purpose? Oh well!

• Bettina February 18, 2012 at 12:56 am

Thanks for the info on Old Navy and H & M, I'm heading to these stores tomorrow so it was perfect timing!

• Coast to Coast Chic February 18, 2012 at 3:06 am

cute!! i love it when theres stylish kids clothes!

please support my blog!
    coasttocoastchic.blogspot.com

• Petite Therapy February 18, 2012 at 8:33 am

I like that blue dress…it could end up being a cute top or a really short dress. lol

• Anonymous February 18, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Hi Jean! What camera and lenses do Nick use to take pictures of you? They're so beautiful! (sorry, I know this doesn't have to do with this post, but I've been dying to know for ages!)

Love your blog. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Genie February 18, 2012 at 1:54 pm

The red one for me! Actually I don't think I'd mind trying out the blue one either, they're both so summery and sweet looking.

xoxo,
    Genie

• Anonymous February 18, 2012 at 2:22 pm

That's too bad there's nothing for women. They're so cute!!!

On another note, too bad they don't have Ann Taylor in Canada ๐Ÿ™ I've been looking at their pumps for so long.

• SME February 18, 2012 at 8:18 pm

thanks for the heads up I purchased a pair of jeans… I hope I like them and that it fits. I can't believe we are almost the same height and I am so much bigger than you. You must be tiny.
    Also I am so in love with your green top purchase from H&M.; Because of that I saw a green top on the ON website and I purchased it (mandarin top).

• Anna February 19, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Beautiful pieces, I love DvF! If only we had a GAP anywhere around, I'd totally look for myself! This would be a perfect opportunity. And I like Gap too.

• PetiteAsianGirl February 19, 2012 at 11:48 pm

Hi there – Thank you! I've posted the camera and lens here: http://www.extrapetite.com/p/about.html

• PetiteAsianGirl February 19, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Oh my – beautiful job on that coat! You were thinking way ahead of miss DVF : )

• PetiteAsianGirl February 20, 2012 at 12:26 am

Great find, Amy! I heard from other readers to who got them for $10 and also two dollars.

• Suzy February 20, 2012 at 1:39 pm

that's so cool! if only i could fit it xD

• Rosie March 12, 2012 at 9:22 am

Gap just sent out a special card holder link to shop the collection. most of the really cute pieces are actually rompers not wrap dresses. however I bought two wrap dresses and a t shirt dress to try in XL and XXL. Hope they work!

• Anonymous March 15, 2012 at 1:07 pm

I checked out the collection this morning and the dresses were all pretty childish in person but I did get this cardigan for myself: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=79377&vid;=1&pid;=909685&scid;=909685002

The XL fits well, maybe even a little roomy, on my 5'2, size 2-4 frame.