• Style in a Suitcase, Part 2: Redwood, leopard + winter white

This is a scheduled post. I won’t be able to answer any questions until I return. Thank you for reading!

redwoodleopard

Old Navy legging jeans in “Russet Brown” (more colors) sz 0 reg, H&M; ivory shell
    AT leopard cardigan (similar starting in XXS), CL Decolletes, Chanel WOC, c/o t+j Designs earrings

Continuing with the Style in a Suitcase series, here’s a simple outfit from my visit to mild-wintered Southern California. I had the luxury of baring my shoulders during the day, but needed thick layers once dusk rolled in. Packing a print/patterned layer helped break up the solid blocks.
    redwoodleopard1

This ivory H&M; double-placket shell has quickly become a wardrobe favorite, whereas the green remains untouched. Although the overall fit is generous and the armholes are a bit gap-y, this blouse looks elegant when tucked in and/or layered, and feels much more luxe than its $17.95 price tag.
    redwoodleopard2
    This cardigan jacket (a 2010 favorite) is my trustiest travel and thick layering piece. I’m dying for Gap to come out with something similar again. I got it for around $30 back then and it’s held up beautifully through multiple washes – these days, it’s hard to find such quality & comfortable pieces from retailers at this price.
    redwoodleopard3

78 thoughts on “Style in a Suitcase, Part 2: Redwood, leopard + winter white

• danica January 23, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Such a great outfit! Love it! 🙂

• Natasha Fatah January 23, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Such a gorgeous and rich looking outfit. You look lovely!
      xoxo

• Joy January 23, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Love the outfit! The colors go together so well. Happy Lunar New Year!

• Carol January 23, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Thanks for the daily dose of inspiration 🙂 I love how you rock leopard!

• Genie January 23, 2012 at 7:11 pm

You look so elegant and chic! I'm loving the colors of those skinnies!

xoxo,
      Genie

• Anonymous January 23, 2012 at 7:59 pm

What a great way to wear leopard elegantly and with ease – thanks for the inspiration! And yes that is the catch 22 with SoCal weather, its generally warm in the day but no matter what, once the sun sets its chiiillly!

Lia-
      TheUrbanLAss.com

• Erin January 23, 2012 at 10:51 pm

I never would have guessed these were Old Navy jeans – wow! I'll have to check to see if they're in my store… Awesome outfit as always!

• Sd January 24, 2012 at 4:32 am

super cute! love the combination! Check out my fashion + beauty blog sometime:

• desert heels January 24, 2012 at 7:05 am

The cardigan finishes the outfit beautifully!

• The life after January 24, 2012 at 1:31 pm

These red pants are amazing!! You look great!

The Life After

• Anonymous January 24, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Do you have the velcro bump in your pony tail in this post?

Ann

• Anonymous January 24, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Hi,
      I just found your blog and look forward to reading more. Everyone thinks I'm kidding when I say that finding clothes to fit petites is a serious project!
      Lauren

• Anonymous January 24, 2012 at 5:51 pm

I have the AT leopard sweater and I never thought to pair it with a button up shell (I have a very similar one). I wore this outfit today (minus the colored jeans) and absolutely loved it! Thanks for your great tips!

• april January 24, 2012 at 5:56 pm

beautiful outfit!>..i love the way you layer and combine all the colors..so inspiring

• Rainy Days and Lattes January 24, 2012 at 7:50 pm

I agree with you! For $30, that is a good price for the cardigan. It layers nicely and looks great after washes 😀

• xJOLE January 24, 2012 at 7:52 pm

I purchased both colours as well! My white one definitely gets more wear.

• uponbluemoon January 25, 2012 at 9:40 am

I just stumbled upon your blog yesterday and spent hours browsing through your outfits! You look so cute!

As a fellow petite shopper, I definitely feel that we get the short end (ha) of the straw sometimes shopping in stores. I passed up a lot of good pieces since I didn't want to get them tailored. But your "Tayloring Ann Taylor" suit has definitely changed my perspective!

On a side note, I look a lot like you. When I showed my mom your blog, her first question was "when did you get this picture taken?" xDD

Annabelle

• Jialu January 25, 2012 at 12:58 pm

You could do a great ALL TIME FAVORITES post! I love your fashion sense and would like to see what items you CANNOT IMAGINE WITHOUT.

• 6 o'clock Inspiration January 25, 2012 at 10:04 pm

I love the blouse and leggings (i'll have to go to old navy sometime soon)
      just found your blog definitely love it!
      check out my blog

• Karen (littlepiecefnb) January 26, 2012 at 1:33 am

Love, love, love those colors and patterns together! You are gorgeous and I am digging that H&M; shell! I'm so sad there's no online shopping available in the US for H&M; yet!!

• Anonymous January 26, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Great outfit. Love the leopard blouse. The ON legging jeans were a good buy — great color.

• what the shoe January 27, 2012 at 4:32 am

love the colour of your jeans…i've seen it around a lot.

• Anonymous January 28, 2012 at 12:40 am

How do you deal with heels that have gaps at the back? Many of the shoes I buy fit fine in the store, then when I walk around in them my toes slip down into the pointed area, and a little gap forms. This causes the shoes to start falling off slightly, making them difficult to walk in. Have you ever encountered this problem, and if so, what is your fix?
      – Thanks!!

• MarianaLuisa January 29, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Lovelovelove the small Chanel purse and leopard cardi!

• ღ Caroline♔ February 10, 2012 at 2:48 am

Why, oh why, are you so beautiful, Jean?! You always look so fresh-faced and really brighten up the photos with your charming, innocent-looking smile 🙂 I really love how the Russet Brown legging jeans pairs so beautifully and harmoniously with the ivory blouse to create such an elegant and rich color palette! The leopard print cardigan really is the icing on the cake, pulling together the look so well!

• rawrcho March 9, 2012 at 1:02 am

My faaaaaaaaaaaaaavorite outfit you put together! I love love love it! It composes of my favorites; red, cheetah print, button ups, me wanting a pair of Christian Louboutins! Ahh amazing <3

• animal print pants May 10, 2012 at 9:28 am

I love the color palettes from this outfit!

• facesofony February 21, 2016 at 7:33 am

You are so beautiful!!! 🙂 Great outfit- I love the old navy legging jeans!