• All About Belts: How to tie, hole punch, and store belts

Per your requests, I’ve compiled my favorite belt tips and tricks into one video. It was nice and awkward lying down while filming the trench-tying tutorial, but hopefully the neck strain and burning abs were worth it : )

Products mentioned: Belt Hole Puncher (a must have!) and Belt Ring Hanger
    You can also buy the hole puncher on eBay, or at Michaels or ACMoore. Be sure to look for coupons!
    What I’m wearing: Details in this outfit post. Nude nail polish is Zoya Shay.

The half bow loop for trench coat belts and longer fabric belts:

coatbelting

Burberry sz 2 short trench (similar) from this postBanana Republic Mad Men Leopard Pumps

And the simple loop for shorter/thicker fabric belts or skinny leather belts:

coatbelting1

Burberry sz 2 felted wool coat (2011 version), Theory slacks sz 00 (similar), Perfect Patent Pumps

Fellow coat lovers, please see my Burberry coat archives including my very first outfit post : )

60 thoughts on “All About Belts: How to tie, hole punch, and store belts

• Jenn November 4, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Thank you, Jean! What size are the Banana Republic pumps, if I might ask? 🙂

• Katie November 6, 2011 at 5:39 am

these are some great tips, thanks!

Katie x

• Anonymous November 6, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Best part about this post is the screen cap youtube picked for the video LOL : )

• Michelle November 9, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Thanks so much for this post! I ran out as soon as I watched your video and picked up a leather hole puncher from Michael's. I love quick fixes like this that can easily breathe new life into your wardrobe (skinny leopard belt was worn right away!).

• Ellie November 9, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Sooo, no more ridiculous tools for me! I gotta get me one of those leather hole punchers!!! Thanks so much for sharing!! :))

• womens Coats And Jackets December 21, 2012 at 4:13 am

Great tutorial! I Love the trench coat.It is simple but gorgeous.

• Anonymous February 23, 2013 at 8:30 am

I have a dress with a belt from the same material that I want to wear for a wedding. Do I tie the belt on the front or the back?

• Anonymous March 1, 2013 at 11:50 pm

You have such lovely voice and presence! Enjoyed the video very much.

• rdingding March 11, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Loved the tutorial! I was wondering…I recently bought a London Fog trench coat, and a part of the belt for the coat prevents me from pulling it past some of the belt loops so it's really hard to tie. Do you have any suggestions? I can post pictures if you would mind answering this question! Thanks!

• belt hanger October 16, 2014 at 2:51 am

No matter your space needs, our new belt rack can help. You can also visit: http://tiny.cc/belt-organizer-hanger