• Life with PAG: A Lobster-y Weekend

Saturday was beautiful so we spontaneously decided to go to Rockport, MA for some fresh lobster. Rockport is very quaint, with some small beaches and art galleries, but it boasts an amazing lobster shack. I knew I was going to be covered in crustacean juices, so I chose a simple outfit:

Tee: H&M; sz 2
    Military skirt: H&M; divided sz
    Sandals: Miss Trish of Capri seahorse sandals for Target, sz 5.5
    Earrings: H&M; Divided,  Bag: LV Speedy 25
    Nick and I parked the car and pretty much sprinted to Roy Moore‘s Lobster Shack. This place is a true “shack” with lobster traps out back, and a big vat of seawater where the lobsters are boiled by the dozen then whacked by a cleaver for easy cracking. Below left: photo taken 1 year ago. Below right: photo taken last weekend. Prices did not change – 3 lobsters for $35. Man, I want my old hair back!
    Continue reading for more photos…

After stuffing ourselves with fresh seafood, we walked down the street to a small beach. Most of my swimwear is from the same line – the Victora’s Secret Miracle Bra line. I think their push-up tops work quite well, plus the pads are removable. I can fit in 32A or 32B.

***Sunday***
    As if we did not have enough the prior day, we picked up two lobsters on sale at the local grocery store. I had a hankering for lobster rolls – warm, toasty sub rolls filled with chunks of lobster meat and a lil’ mayo.

These lobbys were not nearly as tasty as the ones we had on Sat, thus I had no regrets using the meat for sandwiches. Two 1-1/4 lb lobsters yielded enough meat for about 4 rolls. I chopped up a few tbs of scallion/onion/celery for some flavor and crunch.

Hope everyone had an amazing weekend!

42 thoughts on “Life with PAG: A Lobster-y Weekend

• Ping June 20, 2010 at 11:18 pm

I like the skirt and the gold sipper details — looks expensive! It's fit really nice on you too. H&M; is like a forever21 to me, its chaos but once you get through the clutter there are always hidden gems.

I like the VS bikini top. Looks like a good push up! Reminds me I need to get some new bikinis for vacation 🙂

• For The Fierce June 20, 2010 at 11:18 pm

I went shopping yesterday & those shorts were the first thing I saw! I wanted the white or green…. but I skipped on them, & got a cardigan… yea totally stupid since its practically summer lol.

Love the outfit… & wait are those the $2.95 earrings from H&M; also? 'cause I bought them hahaha

• Angie June 20, 2010 at 11:38 pm

what a nice casual summer outfit! all that lobster is mouth-watering 🙂 that VS bikini top is amazing! i should really get one too xD i need to take advantage of the beach here ~

• PetiteXXS June 20, 2010 at 11:52 pm

Yum.. lobsters! I love the first pic… perfect timing for the wind-blown effect 🙂 Too bad you didn't post a few hours earlier, I'd just placed an order at VS to try their Very Sexy Pink bras in 30A… I totally would've thrown in some of those push up bikini tops too!

• I am Khatu June 20, 2010 at 11:57 pm

You should try Wood's restaurant in Plymouth. 2 for $19.99! It's a cute area and great for walking around after.

• ye55i June 21, 2010 at 12:26 am

I love the casual outfit of yours.. the skirt is great! =)

• Couture and Crayons June 21, 2010 at 12:27 am

Mmm that lobster looks really good. =)

• Tisha June 21, 2010 at 12:52 am

You look so purty!:)

• tris1978ton June 21, 2010 at 1:09 am

Yum! Fresh lobsters! You are so lucky! Am happy you like VS's swimwear, been wanting to try them.

• sophia June 21, 2010 at 1:44 am

I'm supposed to go to rockport one of these days!! 3 for $35?!? Get outta hea lol. I remember when I went to sail loft and got a lobster for $15 I was so excited haha. Beautiful pics! Why did u cut your hair?

• Nina June 21, 2010 at 2:02 am

Mmm the lobster looks delicious! You look gorgeous too!

If you can, check me out at pinkberrii.blogspot.com

<3, nina

• April June 21, 2010 at 2:09 am

You look so classy in all your pictures!

• April June 21, 2010 at 2:10 am

By the way, you are gorgeous! You look like my model friend Lina So. You girls are just so naturally beautiful! I love that natural beauty you have–not too done up, not too much makeup, just plane PRETTY!

• April June 21, 2010 at 2:11 am

LOL I meant "plain" haha not plane like airplane. HAHA! It's getting late, I should probably go to bed. Heheh!

• kali June 21, 2010 at 2:37 am

You look so cute! Love the loose tee with the skirt. And the lobster looks delicious! =)

• maybegirl June 21, 2010 at 2:46 am

OMG! Your post made me drool. I absolutely love lobster and you can't get lobster where I live for THAT price. Where is this place?

I love your H&M; earrings too! They five your outfit a kick. 🙂

• nicole June 21, 2010 at 3:52 am

I love posts that consist of fashion and food, and this is a perfect example! Your outfit is simple yet summer-y and chic. I love that you're wearing your new earrings as well; they work as a great pop of colour to your overall outfit. those lobster sandwiches looks reeeally good! sounds like you had a lovely weekend 🙂

• Alterations Needed June 21, 2010 at 3:57 am

Mmmm…lobster…one of my favorite things to eat EVER!

I've never had a lobster roll but it looks delicious!

• Emily June 21, 2010 at 4:34 am

Oh my gosh, I'm echoing everyone here, but you look so pretty!! Haha.

I don't see the difference between your old hair and new hair.. Is it longer? Lighter? Haha I feel like I'm doing a "find the 10 differences" between each picture and failing.

And random: Is your boyfriend asian too?

• sharonlei June 21, 2010 at 5:43 am

Now I'm craving me some lobster! I think I'll try making some lobster rolls lunch sometime next weekend… and mmmm watermelon. YUM! And I love your skirt! I'm a big fan of exposed zippers. 🙂 Hope you have a fabulous week sweetie.

xx Love & Aloha

• Abby M. June 21, 2010 at 7:09 am

really nice summer outfit 😀 u look so pretty 🙂
      and lobster! nam! it´s been a while since i´ve eaten them!

• Soo June 21, 2010 at 9:53 am

i love how you mix trendy, affordable items with expensive ones! it makes your whole outfit seem expensive 🙂 i love your earrings!

• Jess June 21, 2010 at 11:45 am

You have no idea how much I LOVE lobster rolls. You're making me uber hungry right now haha

• Jen June 21, 2010 at 12:42 pm

yummy! looks like you had a fantastic weekend. I'm so jealous! I miss the beach. 😉

• Jackie June 21, 2010 at 12:43 pm

I love this look! The skirt is awesome! It looks so great on you =D

• Sunny June 21, 2010 at 2:18 pm

If you come back to NYC to visit, try Pearl Oyster Company or Luke's Lobster for their lobster rolls.

I'm guilty of always buying swimsuits that aren't flattering for small-chested women b/c there's like no padding but I find them cute. The VS Miracle Bra line looks great and I've thought of trying, but I've never liked the colors or patterns and I can't justify new swimsuits when I already have like 7 bikinis. xP

• Linda June 21, 2010 at 2:30 pm

oooooh! i've never been to rockport but ive heard good things about it. too bad i'm allergic to lobster. it's not a big reaction so i still eat it. lol!

• Really Petite June 21, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Yummie!!!!!! Seafood is my favorite!!!!! I wish there was a place like that by me- that is SO dirt cheap for 3 lobsters!!!!! 🙂

• Diana Draw June 21, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Holy cow, under $35 for 3 freshly caught & cooked lobsters?! That's under $12 per crustacean! Man, that looks soooo good.

On an unrelated note, ideeli is having a sale on "Little Bra Co." bras. They specialize in smaller sizes – 28AA to 36B, think, all B's or smaller. HTH someone!

• L4pinkpetal June 21, 2010 at 6:20 pm

love the skirt <3.

• D June 21, 2010 at 6:28 pm

how cute. I noticed that you were wearing white in both pics! yummy, delicious!! I used to live in MA but moved out of the state before adolescence. I would love to go back and explore and explore!

• Vicky June 21, 2010 at 8:05 pm

You look amazing in such a simple outfit. I lived in MA for more than 7 years but have never been to Rockport. Have to make it there this summer. 🙂 Last year we went to Kittery/Portsmouth area. There Lobster shack is also amazing.

• elleandish June 21, 2010 at 9:44 pm

MMMMMmmm looks so good! Went to Maine last winter to eat lobster and I can remember how good it tasted. Sigh! Ooh and I just saw those GAP rompers you raved about at the Gap outlet yesterday! Forgot the price though.

Thanks for the amazing photos! I'm so hungry now.. hehe 😀

• MizzJ June 22, 2010 at 1:09 am

Any post with lobster is a great post to me and the lobsters you guys ate look delicious!!

• janice NY June 22, 2010 at 7:09 am

So jealous you have access to a lobster shack, I bet the meat is so fresh! Ah and so affordable for lobster!

In case you didn't see my reply to your comment, I'll repost it here re Chanel prices abroad.

She should for sure get it now if she's still there. It's incredible what the price difference is. My reissue (225 size) was EUR1930 * 1.24 exchange rate * 3% CC transaction fee = ~$2465. At the airport, I also got VAT return so total cost ended up being ~$2220. In the US, I believe the reissue is $2850 and tax of 8.75%, so I saved ~28%, or $880. The exchange rate now is still around the same, so it's definitely a worthwhile deal.

The rumor is that European prices will go up July 1st to compensate for the low exchange rate, so even more incentive to buy now!

• PetiteAsianGirl June 22, 2010 at 8:48 am

FTF – yup the earrings are H&M;, but they wre $5.95 I think : )

Sophia – you should go! It's nothing special, but not bad for a few relaxing hours. Oh and I cut my hair to look more "professional" … my friends say I don't look like myself anymore!

April – thanks so much! I'll have to look up Lina So but if she's a model I'm sure we look nothing alike : )

Emily – haha, no 10 differences here : ) It was just longer – that's all. I got about 8 "fried" inches off and can't wait to grow it back out. And yes, my boyfriend is half Fillipino : )

Sunny – thanks for the restaurant tips! Seriously I could eat for years in nYC and not try even half the restaurants in your city. And yes I'm normally guilty of that too – H&M; and F21 have such cheap ones, but not extremely flattering for small chests. These VS are actually pretty good!

Diana Draw- I know…the Ideeli prices are great! I tweeted about it and I hope some ladies took advantage of the sale.

D – you should definitely make a trip back to the area! I've only been to the north shore, but there are so many places I want to explore like (Vicky) mentioned – kittery/portsmouth, etc.

• DiamondsandTulle June 22, 2010 at 11:01 am

Great pics! What a fun weekend!

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

• lil_budoy June 22, 2010 at 5:25 pm

i luv ur h&m; skirt… and the lv speedy bag! i have one in other style!

• aspiringminimalist June 22, 2010 at 8:34 pm

I saw that skirt at H&M;, and I think it looks very flattering on you! Brave girl for wearing white while eating crustaceans 😀

I'm quite envious of your Lobster weekend! I miss my Boston days and eating fresh lobsters.

• Nelah June 22, 2010 at 11:55 pm

Hi PAG..I can't tell you how thrilled I was when I found your petite fashion blog. Just wanted to drop by to let you know that I enjoy reading your blog and venturing into your stylish wardrobe.