Happy Wednesday! The Nordstrom anniversary sale is open to all shoppers, and I’m partnering with the brand to share my choice of in-stock items that I purchased or tried on. You can also see my Beauty & skincare (well-stocked) and Kids wishlists, and the baby gear deals that remain in stock! Thank you to Nordstrom for partnering on this post.
- Levi Wedgie jeans: As a longtime Wedgie jeans fan (for its high rise, flattering & “lifting” rear design), I bought these from the sale since the vintage wash looked promising. They’re a little too long for me full length (see pic below), but after folding them up, I’m a fan! I’ll probably cut the hems – see my tutorial for cutting denim and trick to temporarily hem denim, used below.
The wash is great in person – a lighter weathered medium blue that’s hard to get right, and reminds me of an old favorite pair of Madewell perfect vintage jeans. The fabric is also similar to my Madewells, with a broken-in finish and minimal stretch.
- Quick note on this blue blouse – it runs big and blousy with mixed reviews, but the pale blue color serves the “old money” trend that I want to wear every day. Size down if you can, and I have the sleeves folded up once. See it on me here paired with white linen shorts.
Size-wise, these jeans run fairly TTS, but bigger at the waist than the Ribcage style I featured recently. My waist measures 25″ and I’m in between size 24 and 25 in these. I ended up getting size 25 for a more relaxed fit through the legs (since I do a lot of sitting and bending down with the kids), though the waist is now a bit loose. Size 25 measures: 13” across waist, 10” rise, 27” inseam.
- Allsaints Dalby leather jacket (save $170) – Still a few sizes left in this timeless, high quality leather jacket. Allsaints leather jackets are some of the best you can get at this sale price point, and I’ve had mine for years. The length is slightly longer than the cropped style below. Sizing runs small and a 00 is fitted on me all around.
- ALLSAINTS CROPPED JACKET (save $170) – See on me. Still stocked in “midnight blue,” which I’m trying on and found to be a deep black-blue in person. The crop length is very petite friendly and highlights the waist when wearing with dresses, skirts, and high rise bottoms. Also runs small – I’m trying a 2 in this and a 0 would be ideal.
- Lost + Wander Midi Dress (2 colors; save $50)
A surprisingly petite-friendly dress that’s nice quality for the sale price. The XS was slim fit on me at the torso, almost like an xxs in other brands. The waistline proportions and sleeve length (with elastic band at the wrist) are petite friendly. This print will transition beautifully into fall with boots and a leather or suede jacket. The “vineyard” name is very apt since I can easily see this for a Napa or countryside trip. Fabric is a Tencel blend, with a full skirt lining, back zipper, and pockets!
- Railks Houndstooth Blazer (save $130)
I forgot to include this in my last blog post, but it’s been a top piece I’ve been hearing great feedback on from you guys. For fit reference I’m ~ 5 feet, 98lb, and am trying XXS which is an oversized fit on me. I found this to be well-made and warm, but not too thick. I’ve been looking for a plaid blazer in this style forever, and am holding out for one in petite sizing but keep thinking about this one!
- Zella kids Live In joggers – After they sadly stopped making the popular women’s Live In joggers in xxs, I got the girls size Large (10/12) last year. I am 5 feet tall 98lb, wearing the kids large here which fits a little smaller than women’s xxs and has a slightly shorter rise than women’s. Comfortable on me for all day lounging or light workouts, with a slim jogger fit. The girls large has a 24.5″ inseam and a 9.5″ rise.
- **Maternity: Zella Live in Crop maternity leggings (save $25)
I wore them so much throughout my pregnancy! See on me – was worth it at full price. The crop length is petite friendly, and the material has compression and felt supportive for when my belly got heavy.
My tunic is one I got on Amazon many years ago (still stocked and saved on my Amazon page) and is a dupe of the Free People one included in NSale. Be warned though, both fit very big on petites!
- Steve Madden boots (3 colors; save $60) TTS – I got 5.5.
See my video which shows the fit. I am quite happy with these, however I’m seeing terrible reviews from others so wonder if my experience is a fluke! Other reviews mention a lot of gapping at the top of the boot, which I actually thought fit me better than usual. Since I bought size 5.5 and one of the reviews is for size 9, my best guess is maybe the shaft size increases disproportionately with each size. Size 5.5 measures: 13.25″ shaft height, and 14″ top circumference.
- There is another shorter-shaft riding boot with a flat heel available in an impressive range of narrow, regular, and wide calf options. I own these boots from years past in regular calf (which is roomy on me), and the narrow calf should definitely fit better but alas, they don’t come in my size.
- French Connection Blazer Dress (save $60) – I won’t be keeping this since I have similar, but wanted to show the fit. It’s a little loose on me so I would not size down like the website suggests, and I have the sleeve length folded under. It feels well made with a substantial fabric weight to it (not thin) and full lining, and I wanted to show how it looks open as well.
- Another FC sale dress that I’ve been eying but haven’t tried on is this faux leather short one. Looks petite-friendly and has a 5 star review, but only sizes 0 and 2 left.
- Birkenstock Arizona sandals (save $40) – TTS and are made of a glossy leather that feels easy to wipe clean. The store only had sz 6, which were a little big on me as expected.
- Blondo waterproof booties (save $50) – I have a few Blondo boots over the years that have proven themselves practical in Boston weather, so wanted to mention these. These are waterproof with a subtle, on trend lug sole. Fit is TTS – I’d do a 5.5 in these.