Banana Republic did a stellar job earlier this year with petite-friendly maxi dresses, and again this time around with fall jackets. While in store I couldn’t stop petting the faux fur pieces, which are delightfully plush and soft this year like on this bomber! For fit reference, unless otherwise mentioned I’m trying on XS petite (1 size up from my usual) in this post since that’s all I could find in some of these styles. I was wearing an oversized dolman sweater while in store so please excuse the marshmallow effect under some of these jackets!
As booties go hand in hand with fall jackets, I also wanted to mention a big sale at Nordstrom with lots of booties in smaller sizes! The best way to shop this sale is by filtering for your size and budget on the left. All of the below are on sale and available in sizes 5 and up!
1. Plaid Midi Coat – if you missed out on my Topshop coat from years past, this one is a little better quality, thicker, and longer in length. It felt a little too long for my personal liking, but someone with a more streetwear style can easily pull this off. This coat has an overall slim, tailored fit that is true to size, and currently has rave reviews (save for one person who gave it 1 star b/c it didn’t arrive with a hanger…).
2. Shorter faux fur jacket (several colors in regular sizing) – Oh my word, this one feels SO nice and plush. And if you take regular sizing, there are some stunning colors including a jewel-toned green (swooned over it in-person) and ivory, but sadly only blue for petites. I’ll also be showing this cropped faux fur jacket from Express soon, but note the BR ones are thicker in comparison so it depends on what you’re looking for.
3. Longer collarless faux fur jacket
Same plush material as the above in a longer length that flatters elegant holiday dresses and skirts, as well as slim bottoms like leather pants or skinny jeans. I would’ve loved it if BR combined this with the jacket above into one longer jacket with a lapel collar!
4. Colorblocked cardigan sweater – not a jacket, but I just loved the neutral colors in this color-blocked cardigan. It’s a nice thicker weight sweater with pockets and fits TTS, but I didn’t find the material to be as soft and cozy as I hoped.
5. Camel faux fur bomber – Another incredibly plush faux fur jacket option, in a true camel color with pockets. Very cozy especially with the thick knit ribbing at the sleeves and bottom. Although I’m trying on 1 size up from my usual, I would actually stick with this size in order to layer a thick sweater comfortably underneath.
6. Sherpa bomber (black & ivory) – same jacket as above but in a thick vegan sherpa material.
7. Leopard print top coat – Looking beyond all the lumps from my oversized sweater, this is actually a beautiful, tailored topcoat in a darker animal print that isn’t too “loud.” The material has a soft, slightly brushed finish. I mentioned this jacket earlier this year and how it’d be the perfect accent piece if you wear a lot of black!
8. Wool Gray Melton Coat – this one has great reviews but to be honest it was my least favorite out of the try-ons. As a wool coat lover, I’ve met better options at this price point! There isn’t anything wrong with it per se but it just didn’t feel expensive or flattering. Material was on the thinner side, and I’m not a big fan of the exposed top stitching along the lapel and down the front.
Which was your favorite from this try-on? : )