Hello Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! For anyone who isn’t familiar, this is their big annual sale on new merchandise from popular brands (not old clearance items) and prices go back up for Fall. Since the best items tend to sell out, Nordstrom cardholders (I use their “retail” card only) get early access starting tomorrow, Friday at 12:30PM EST, and this year they are offering extra early access today for Icon & Ambassador level cardholders!
There were a lot of repeat items this year (although some of them are staples worth bringing back) and to be honest a lot of what I tried on this week was not great. For today’s post, I wanted to highlight some good quality, early access pieces that I own and would soundly recommend!
1. BABYZEN Yoyo Stroller bundle – save $166. I’ve never seen the Yoyo included in promos so did a double take at this one! For the same price as the stroller by itself normally, as part of this bundle you ALSO get: 1) their new footrest attachment (pictured above; small but makes a difference for comfy naps) which typically costs $39, 2) a hands free parasol umbrella, and 3) a travel backpack with a convenient sleeve for sliding over luggage handles (typically costs $75). My detailed review of this stroller unfortunately won’t be up for a few days, and I don’t know if this bundle will sell out. In short, we absolutely love this compact stroller – it’s stylish and high quality while being a very manageable size & weight for me. Feel free to comment with any questions on the Yoyo if you need quick info prior to my review post!
2. Hunter Tour Packable Rain Boot in Tall or Short – save $50. Also in glossy black. This is the first year I’ve noticed the lighter weight Hunter “Tour” Boots in the Anniversary Sale and they will likely sell out Friday. Usually it’s Hunter “Original” boots, but the Tour are so much better and by far my favorite style from the brand (see my detailed review from 2014). The sale color is a versatile slate grey with a darker grey trim. Below, I wanted to compare how the short vs the tall look on my 5 feet tall frame! For a more stylish waterproof boot, the Blondo ankle booties are a solid option every Nsale and fits TTS – I’m a 5.5 in them to allow room for socks.
3. Zella Live-in 3/4 leggings (petite friendly! also on sale in maternity) – save $25. Zella live-in leggings are a longtime favorite of mine and last well through repeat washes. In prior years only the regular length or cropped live-in leggings were included. Their 7/8 is the ideal length on me, and the updated version has a side pocket and wider waistband which I found very flattering. I picked these up in xxs in both black and the dot print!
4. Ted Baker Slim Fit Track Jacket – Nick is going to do a separate post with fit reviews for mens finds, but I wanted to point out these two since as of yesterday, they were already sold out at all our local stores in small sizes. There are a handful of good men’s jackets, but after trying them on, the Ted Baker Track Jacket is his top pick for its soft, knit fabric and thicker lined torso area. It runs a little smaller, and he debated between sz 3 / Medium and his usual 2 / Small before settling on the 2. I got him a similar Ted Baker piece a few years back and it’s held up well despite tons of wear. A more spendy option is the Vince Knit Bomber Jacket, but it looked super sharp on and feels worth the price if it’s in your budget.
5. Madewell Mules – Pictured above, and wearing these as I type! Flattering, lightweight, minimalist almond toe slip ons that are very versatile (will share some looks with them soon) and did not require any breaking in on me. These felt the most sleek and flattering on my feet out of the mules in the Anniversary Sale. The reviews are all over the place on sizing and width, but in my opinion, I found them to be true to size and not wide on me. I am usually between 5 and 5.5, and have these in size 5.
6. Stokke Tripp Trapp high chair, cushion & tray bundle (save $85) – Only the walnut color. While in the high chair search, I can’t tell you how many messages I got raving about the durability and longevity of this chair (see how it converts). Nordstrom does sell a bundle for all the other colors (not part of the Anniversary Sale) at a small discount from the total cost if purchased separately. Read more about this chair in my blog post on baby feeding. In hindsight I wish I had bought the set with a cushion, since I was told by fellow moms that’s key for comfort with younger babies.
And here are 2 popular repeats from prior year Anniversary Sales that usually sold out after the first day of Early Access! I’ve purchased both as gifts for family and friends over the years who were thrilled.
7. Longchamp convertible tote – save $65
When not expanded, the capacity is good for everyday school or work use. When expanded, it should work as an overnight or weekender bag. I have a few Longchamp totes and they are very lightweight, durable and easy to clean just by washing in warm water with a little soap, then hanging dry.
8. Barefoot Dreams cardigan – $76.90, originally $116
An NSale classic that you guys absolutely loved in previous years. It’s insanely plush and soft, just note the cocoon length is a little long on shorter ladies and I have the sleeves cuffed up. Mine’s held up well through wash and wear. I’ve gifted these to my mom and aunts and lived in it as a new mom.
Be sure to check back tomorrow at 12:30PM EST for a big giveaway, detailed reviews and fit photos! I will be covering petite-friendly apparel + lots of boots that I tried on including waterproof and slim calf options.