• Faux Leather Pants Styled 2 Ways

how to style leather leggings outfit on petite women

Look 1: Banana Republic pants 00 petite on sale!, wrap sweater xxs petite, H&M cami, TDE box bag
    Look 2: Boyfriend sweater xs petite on sale!, faux fur snood c/o

Take 40% off at Banana Republic right now with code STYLE !

Faux Leather Pants

If you typically live in black leggings (my go-to these days) and want to spice things up without sacrificing comfort, faux leather leggings are your answer. This pair from Banana Republic was an unexpected find, thanks to the positive online reviews! None of that thin, spandex-y pleather nonsense here – these are made of a substantial material that feels soft and “buttery,” and are stretchy with an elastic waist. In addition to the two simple looks here, I can see them styled with a draped blouse (like this one in olive) plus a longer boyfriend blazer, or with a tunic-length sweater and ankle boots. These pants would also be great for travel since they seem pretty wrinkle and crease-resistant! Fit-wise, I would size down if you want a tight leather pant look (I’m currently 5′ tall, 98lb wearing sz 00 petite for reference).

Wrap sweater (light weight)

I’m getting great feedback from you guys on nursing-friendly finds, so I’m going to keep ’em coming! This draped wrap top is another one – it’s listed as a “tee” but is actually weightier like a light sweater. This would also be great tucked into a higher waisted pencil or A-line skirt for work. There’s a clasp in the center neckline, which I opened up here to show a peek of my lace camisole underneath (the neckline is less revealing with the clasp shut).

nursing friendly sweater outfits petite clothing

Boyfriend Sweater (thicker weight)

My mom was visiting this weekend, so I also paired these leggings with her olive boyfriend sweater and black ankle booties (not pictured) for a casual look! She’s 5’2″ 105lb and got this sweater in XS petite, which has a slouchy-casual fit on me. The “boyfriend” cut of this sweater is a little looser in the torso but with normal fit sleeves. The material is mostly cotton (great for those with wool sensitivities or allergies) and nice and soft, and the curved hemline is slightly higher in the front than the back. Even with a more casual sweater, you can also dress the look up a bit with a luxe accessory like this faux fur snood and a structured mini bag.

how to style faux leather leggings pants

Boyfriend sweater xs petite, faux fur snood c/o, Theory heels

faux leather legging pants petite fashion blogThank you to Banana Republic for partnering on this post. Which of these looks do you prefer?

23 thoughts on “Faux Leather Pants Styled 2 Ways

• Reply Miu @meetinghalfway November 13, 2018 at 12:33 am

Hi Jean – I love both looks, a hint of olive looks pretty in the 2nd look! Do you consider the faux leather pants high waisted? (I’m used to my favorites, your recommendations, Topshop’s Jamie & Zella’s High Waisted bottoms.)

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog November 13, 2018 at 1:12 am

I love the look of the leather pants with the wrap sweater! It looks warm and chic at the same time. ❤️ It’s been so long since I’ve worn leather pants as well, the last time being several years ago. I think it’s time to get me a new pair! 😉

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

• Reply Roses for Fridays | by mia November 13, 2018 at 2:16 am

Love ♥️this sporty and chic faux leather pant look!

🍂🌸🍁ROSES FOR FRIDAYS 🍂🌸🍁 | by mia | A Creative Lifestyle Blog

• Reply Petite Teacher November 13, 2018 at 2:34 am

Hi Jean. I am for some unknown reason not a fan of leather legging (faux or real). I consider them a no-go for in the classroom (my personal view on a teachers’ dresscode). However, seeing you in them makes me realise they can be ever so stylish. You look fantastic in these two different outfits and you have got an amazing body so short after having given birth. Wow! Love, Lieske

• Reply May November 13, 2018 at 2:51 am

I seriously live in leggings! They are so comfortable lol. I’ve tried a bunch of faux leather leggings too, but I feel like they are always too plastic feeling. I will definitely check these ones out. I always truly appreciate your recommendations!

May || https://themoderness.com/

• Reply Neeltje | Thoughts in Style November 13, 2018 at 3:09 am

Both looks are really lovely! X

• Reply Rena November 13, 2018 at 4:27 am

I like both ways!
      xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

• Reply Peppermint Dolly November 13, 2018 at 4:37 am

I love how you’ve styled these, they look fab!

Rebecca | http://www.peppermintdolly.com

• Reply Makeda Andrews November 13, 2018 at 9:12 am

I really like the styling of both outfits though the first just speaks to me 🙂
      Thanks so much for sharing 🙂

• Reply Michael @ Mile in My Glasses November 13, 2018 at 9:33 am

Those faux leather pants look so comfy! I love how you’ve styled them Jean!

I hope you have a lovely Tuesday,
      Michael

• Reply Theresa November 13, 2018 at 11:34 am

This is a bit personal, but how does your butt look in these? I have a tiny butt to begin with so I hate wearing anything that isn’t structured because it flattens me out even more, but I have been pining for a pair of these and they look gorgeous on you!

• Reply BostonBoots November 13, 2018 at 11:39 am

Do you have any recommendations for a cobbler in Boston? I just bought leather boots and am looking to have rubber soles added and the boots treated.

• Reply Jenn November 13, 2018 at 12:04 pm

Love these leather leggings, definitely going to try them out. Was the OOP roomy or tight for you? Just trying to gauge sizing, because reviews online say to size down.

• Reply Jessica November 13, 2018 at 2:43 pm

I just recently discovered your blog and am enjoying it so much. (We have similar tastes.) I ordered a pair of faux leather leggings the other day and was looking for ideas on how to style them, and I see your post today. Perfect timing! Really like these looks.

• Reply Elizabeth November 13, 2018 at 2:48 pm

I love love love the second look! In fact, I just got online and ordered the entire thing! hahaha. I’ve never looked good in leather pants, but we are literally the same exact size so I figured at your recommendation I would give them a try! Also, the 40% off helped so much!

• Reply Mireia November 14, 2018 at 6:57 am

Love both styles!

Mireia from TGL

• Reply Kelcy | Passport by Design November 14, 2018 at 1:46 pm

I would have never thought pants like that could be comfortable. Thanks for changing my mind. I need new bottoms. I finally swapped clothes and realized I own zero winter clothes. And I live in Connecticut. Where did they all go?

Kelcy

• Reply Jandrew November 14, 2018 at 6:17 pm

I love ❤️this faux leather look. A great way to get a different look out of tights .
      Jandrew
      Dress The Part

• Reply Elizabeth N. November 15, 2018 at 1:43 am

Could you do a cold winter, snowy style? I find it hard to dress up while wanting to stay warm and cold 15 deg weather of Minnesota!

• Reply Elizabeth N. November 15, 2018 at 1:46 am

Could you do a cold winter, snowy style? I find it hard to dress up while wanting to stay warm in 15 deg weather (+15 in of snow) in Minnesota!

• Reply LeatherMarvel November 15, 2018 at 10:01 am

She looks so amazing….

• Reply Elizabeth T. November 18, 2018 at 7:33 pm

Absolutely in love with these faux leather pants <3 🙂 They're the perfect mix of edgy and classy!

XO, Elizabeth T.

• Reply SundayDahlias November 22, 2018 at 1:07 am

Thank you for the inspo on leather pants! Ive been wanting a pair and these are a steal!