• Preppy Time – Fall Stripes and Layering

ONstripes1

Sweater: Old Navy 3/4 sleeve crewneck sz XS (buy here; use FABFAVES til 10/18 for 30% off)
    Shirt: Gap Shirred Blouse sz XSP   Blazer: H&M; (old) Skirt: YesStyle Boots: eBay

I haven’t set foot inside Old Navy in ages, but a reader Aviva kindly shared a tip about these shrunken-fit sweaters last month. In-stores, they’re only about $8 each. To add color to my casual wardrobe, I picked up this preppy green & black stripe (wish it were green & navy) and the fun multi stripe, to be shown soon. I got the multi stripe in a sz small, which is not that big on me. See this sweater on Kelly.

ONstripes

Watch: Michael Kors Tortoise Jet Set   Necklace: 3-row “pearls” from Nordstrom Rack (similar)

ONstripes2

Obligatory leaf tossing pic.

ONstripes3
    This weekend, my beloved boyfriend/photographer and I celebrated 7 years together. We shared a delish dinner, I squealed at a striking gift, but my favorite part – every time – is the thoughtful handmade card : )
    anniversaryI’m traveling internationally for both work and blogging right now, so I apologize for being behind on your questions and emails. Can’t wait to settle back into Boston and catch up on my favorite blogs. I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead!

63 thoughts on “Preppy Time – Fall Stripes and Layering

• lin October 17, 2011 at 9:33 pm

great pics. i especially like the one where you're tossing the leaves. nice colors and layerings on your outfit…..perfect for fall. 😉

congrats on your 7 years anniversary and have fun in barcelona!

• just tututiny October 17, 2011 at 10:48 pm

I love that stripe sweater on you. Who would guess that it came from Old Navy! This ensemble is gorgeous – love the beige skirt and brown boots. The leaf tossing photo is so pretty 😉 All your photos are beautiful – kudos to the photog and congrats on 7 years! Can't wait to see you carry the new gift 😉

Thu

• lica October 18, 2011 at 1:05 am

congrats on 7 years! thats pretty amazing.

i went into an old navy today and picked up a pair of BRIGHT red jeans. and they fit perfect! first pair of non-alteration pants ever. and they were only $20. yaay.

• 1to24 October 18, 2011 at 4:00 am

Cute! I've been reading your blog for a while and love to see all of your different clothing choices. Congrats on the 7 years as well!

I recently ordred a couple of things from ON before this post. I stopped shopping there a couple of years ago but some really cheap clothes drew me back online, haha. I will let you know how they turn out!

• Doux Rousse October 18, 2011 at 8:41 am

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Doux Rousse October 18, 2011 at 8:59 am

I wrote a post on petite girls wearing J. Crew's "Crew Cuts." Have you ever shopped in the children's section? http://douxrousse.blogspot.com/2011/10/cool-kids.html

Love that skirt!

• Vivian October 18, 2011 at 11:02 pm

How does the YesStyle skirt fit/feel? I got some YesStyle stuff, and they were sadly low in quality, which made me think twice about ordering there again…

• grace jim October 20, 2011 at 8:28 am

Can I just say I absolutely love your style! It's sophisticated, well put together and just well… cute! And I love that you add the link to where you got your stuff or something similar to it, it's really helpful in finding inspired outfits. It's very much appreciated, so thanks, keep it up! 🙂

• Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews) October 22, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Jean, I missed this post!! Love all the layering you did here, so wearable!

And congrats to you and Nick 🙂

• Nandar November 1, 2011 at 2:07 am

I've just started following your blog and loving all the posts. Thanks so much for all the inspiring outfits, and looks. I truly love the boots. Can you please share where I can get the boots? I am also interested in YES Style and I browsed the website. I am 5'2" (petite according to height) but I am 120lbs so not petite according to the weight. Sob ! so YES Style's "One size" is not for me I guess.

• blondieesquire November 4, 2011 at 3:01 pm

This is such a cute outfit!! I love your color palette and the layering.

• Amanda Silver November 29, 2011 at 5:18 am

this outfit looks so casual and so nice!! I love it and I will try it as soon as possible especialy because I like wearing stripes 🙂

• Anonymous December 1, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Hey! Such a cute outfit! I am very petite as well and have had a hard time finding riding boots! What brand are yours?? They hit below your knee just perfectly!