Winter in Paris // Ted Baker Wool Coat + Celine Box Bag

paris eiffel tower ted baker wool coat extra petite

Ted Baker coat sz 0, Madewell tee xxs, Celine bag (shop preowned)
Sam Edelman boots sz 5 (also sold here), J.Brand Alana jeans sz 24 (also sold here)

Bonjour from Paris! We took the train here for a brief visit before heading home for Christmas. Thank you guys for all the thoughtful and detailed London recommendations in the comments of my recent post! If you’re planning a visit, definitely check them out. I can’t wait to share a few pictures from there soon and more info about our lodging, as a few of you have asked.
paris ferris wheel jardin des tuileries
I always love the classic fashion in both Paris and London. This was my first time visiting during winter, and I noticed a lot fewer puffer jackets compared to the US and more tailored and sleek wool coats. Mostly in darker, neutral shades like black and navy, as well as black mixed with navy which inspired this casual look. While in London, Nick wanted to pop into one of the myriad of Ted Baker stores and I was happy to oblige. He likes that their pieces have timeless silhouettes and just a touch of whimsy, like an unexpected print lining or piping. I ended up trying on several pieces as well, and found a coat that I really loved!

paris eiffel tower celine box bag navy small
Unfortunately it was one of their pricier coat options (however with current exchange rates, Ted in the UK is about 25% less than in the US, so definitely stop by if you’re a fan of the brand and visiting) but it was also the thickest and warmest in a bouclé-textured 100% wool, plus with a gorgeous floral lining and rose gold metal accents. The collar can also be worn two ways – folded down as a wide lapel like how I’m wearing it, or buttoned up across the chest which lends an elegant, military-inspired look.
ted baker london navy wool wrap coat extra petite
Fit-wise, I have a few other pieces from the brand and always mentioned that their items run narrow but are typically cut for a taller figure. With my two dresses (see here and here) I have a size 0 and had them taken up by the shoulders. For this coat, a size 0 is a little longer on me which I don’t mind, so the only adjustment needed will be shortening the sleeves (I have them folded under 1 inch). I did snap fitting room photos of their other more signature coat styles and will post in a bit.
paris outfit winter fashion navy coat extra petite
As you can see I did a bit of shopping already in Paris – no surprises there! I’ve been taking lots of notes about my experiences (and the price differences) and can’t wait to share about them soon in a Paris shopping roundup!

66 thoughts on “Winter in Paris // Ted Baker Wool Coat + Celine Box Bag

• Anonymous December 20, 2016 at 8:36 pm

Dear Jen,

You have the most amazing style, I wondered if you could do a closet organization post. I live in a small uptown apartment with very limited real estate and could use some of your incredible insights 🙂

Thanks!

• LauraStradivari December 20, 2016 at 9:12 pm

Can i ask which bag that is?? It doesnt look like the box bag

• Jessica H December 20, 2016 at 9:13 pm

Ah!!!! This post is perfect!!! The Eiffel tower in the back made me a little misty eyed. ALSO, what did you get from Chanel?! Dying to see!!!
    PS. That coat is gorgeous. Out of my price range but one day!!

xo, jess

alljessedup.com

• jessicaachamber December 20, 2016 at 9:14 pm

gorgeous! I love that coat, the lining especially is so pretty!

• Anonymous December 20, 2016 at 9:18 pm

Beautiful 🙂 Your coat definitely looks like a piece worth investing in. I can't wait for your travel post. Could you post an itinerary?

• Anonymous December 20, 2016 at 9:37 pm

I was in London right after Brexit and got the Chanel Classic for about $1100 lower than in the states.

• melanie p December 20, 2016 at 9:48 pm

I cant wait to hear more about your shopping experiences in paris as i will be going in may. Also if there is any restaurants or things to do, please share! Thank you!

• Charmaine Ng | Architecture and Lifestyle Blog December 20, 2016 at 10:02 pm

Your photos are so, so, so amazing! I love your coat so much, thanks for the head's up about the sizes!

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog

• Kathy :) December 20, 2016 at 10:47 pm

chic and timeless…gotta love their fashion. Thanks for sharing Jean! 🙂

• ViVi Truong December 20, 2016 at 11:04 pm

Hey Jean! What are you recommendations for packing for Paris right now? I'm a bit worried bc I'm coming from typically mild Cali winters ��

• Anne December 20, 2016 at 11:19 pm

Looking forward to that shopping roundup!

• April December 20, 2016 at 11:36 pm

You lool so lovely in classic Ted Baker style. Perfect for a day in Paris! I am looking forward to hearing about you shopping finds!

• affecionada December 21, 2016 at 12:02 am

That coat and bag look so sleek paired together! Love the pop of print and color when you leave the coat open. Hope you're having a wonderful time!

Jen | affecionada

• Anonymous December 21, 2016 at 12:13 am

HI Jean, I believe you forgot to link your two dresses. Love the cozy look!

• Faraloo December 21, 2016 at 12:50 am

Beautiful coat! I really need to visit Paris again :-)!
    Best wishes to you and your family!

• yutzyjbear December 21, 2016 at 1:29 am

Love love love that coat! GREAT find! You mentioned you are a size 0… how tall are you? I'm 5'5, 120lbs, 34C, Size 26/27 in jeans – but don't know what size to order in this coat… 0, 2, 4??? Help! Thank you!

• squash December 21, 2016 at 1:34 am

I second this! It would be so helpful.

• Mei December 21, 2016 at 1:57 am

Seeing the Eiffel Tower makes me miss Paris so much! Your coat looks so elegant, definitely the perfect Parisian outfit.

Mei
    Pieces of Mei

• francophilehic December 21, 2016 at 4:12 am

Nice pics! I think one reason there are less of the "puff" coats is because generally the winters are milder compared to winters in certain US states where one would not be warm enough in a wool coat. I remember when I used to live in NJ I would definitely have to wear "puff" coats in order to not freeze in sub zero temps (especially with wind chill).

• Neeltje | Thoughts in Style December 21, 2016 at 4:53 am

These photos are so cute! X

• Sophie Spiegelberger December 21, 2016 at 6:21 am

The mini Box bag is perfection!

• LookOn Blog December 21, 2016 at 7:45 am

You are very beautiful! And I like your chic style.

Iuliia,

• Georgiana December 21, 2016 at 7:58 am

Beautiful pictures! I love Paris so much!

As proud as peacock? Think again! Read my new article about the meaning of peacock as a symbol (link)

• Society Fix December 21, 2016 at 8:11 am

You look amazing. Great post. I hope you had great time in Paris.

• Rachelle Pinksole December 21, 2016 at 8:13 am

Love this classic look and that celine purse is perfection.

xo
    Pinksole

• Lou M. December 21, 2016 at 9:13 am

That coat is beautiful, the lining is really gorgeous

• Alexa Johnson December 21, 2016 at 9:17 am

I LOVE PARIS! One of my favorite places to visit!

• Maggie Zemanek December 21, 2016 at 10:32 am

Wow this coat is gorgeous!! I need it right now!! haha 🙂

• Helen Veyna December 21, 2016 at 11:01 am

That Ted Baker coat is gorgeous! I love the fun print lining and I'm glad it won't require too many adjustments. I can't wait to hear more about your shopping adventures in Paris in your shopping roundup. 😀

-Helen
    Sweet Helen Grace

• Kaitlin Schubert December 21, 2016 at 11:37 am

Oh my GOSH! These photos are beauuutiful!

Katie | WillowAndWhiteBlog.com

• Jewel December 21, 2016 at 12:39 pm

Jean,

I love your photos! What camera do you use to take these? Do you use any special compact camera for travels?

I love traveling too so suggestions are much appreciated. 🙂

Jewel

• nazita December 21, 2016 at 1:59 pm

I love the coat and the picture in the stairs with the Eiffel Tower. Your looks are always lovely!

• Cynthia December 21, 2016 at 2:08 pm

Stunning pics and I hope one day I'll own a Ted Baker wool coat and a Celine Bag as well. I missed out on shopping for a Celine Bag while I was in Rome.

CYN | PEONY IN LOVE

• Cynthia Nguyen December 21, 2016 at 2:58 pm

You're so lucky to be in Paris! Love the classic peacoat and rose printed lining.

Cynthia

• Cristina SF December 21, 2016 at 3:14 pm

The coat is so beautiful 🙂
    I'm dying to see what's in your Chanel and Céline shopping bags, I hope you show us soon!

• Carolina Vázquez December 21, 2016 at 3:57 pm

Bonjour! I love Paris!!! and I love these pictures and, of course, the coat!

Ted Baker is worth visiting it! They have stunning things!

Have a lovely Christmas time!

Carolina
    Be Petite

• Kstylick December 22, 2016 at 12:44 am

Hi there my dear! I just want to ask if we can follow each other on Bloglovin, GFC or Facebook?

Please leave a comment on my blog and follow by blog!

You can also like my Facebook page and Instagram.

we will follow you back! XOXO

Korean Fashion

• DressedToCode December 22, 2016 at 12:47 am

The lining adds such a special touch to the coat. I've been in the market for the perfect staple coat.

• Ewa Macherowska December 22, 2016 at 3:53 pm

In love with your coat babe!

• Jean December 22, 2016 at 10:51 pm

I understand the limited storage space struggle and am definitely working on a post about that! : )

• Jean December 22, 2016 at 10:52 pm

It's the box bag in the smaller size!

• Jean December 22, 2016 at 10:54 pm

Thank you! To be honest we didn't have a good itinerary – we mostly just wandered since we've visited both cities a few times before, and just wanted to stroll around different neighborhoods this time!

• Jean December 22, 2016 at 10:55 pm

Nothing beats Chanel shopping in Europe!

• Jean December 22, 2016 at 10:55 pm

Definitely a thick and warm coat, flat booties or boots, and warm scarves! It's pretty chilly and a little damp.

• Jean December 22, 2016 at 10:56 pm

Thanks for letting me know! Fixed!

• Jean December 22, 2016 at 10:57 pm

Hi! I'm about 5 feet tall. If you're 5'5 I think the coat would look so good on you since Ted is typically designed for someone a little taller. Their sizing is only 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 I believe, not like typical sizing. I would suggest the size 1 but I really can't be sure – is there anywhere you can try on their pieces for size?

• Jean December 22, 2016 at 10:58 pm

Yes that's definitely true! Although I feel they also have a higher tolerance for the cold. I was usually in a coat and scarf while some locals were in just a sweater or tee at times!

• Jean December 22, 2016 at 11:00 pm

Hi Jewel! We used my regular blogging camera here which is a Canon 6D and not really a travel camera. I also have a non-DSLR Sony camera that I got for travel, however I don't really use it as I think the latest iPhone takes just as good / sometimes better photos and is more portable.

• Julie Hiller December 23, 2016 at 9:15 am

I have to say that coat is just stunning on you. It looks so thick and nice. Great purchase!

Style by Joules

• Aadit Advik December 24, 2016 at 7:18 am

That coat is beautiful.I like it.

• Unknown December 24, 2016 at 4:52 pm

Is Vestiaire a trusted website? All authentic?

• Stephanie V. Manzo December 27, 2016 at 8:29 am

Hi! Just wondering if you know if there's a less expensive version for your Burberry coat?

• Betty January 4, 2017 at 5:35 pm

Hi! What a coincidence! I just bought the same coat from Ted Baker in Berlin but in the red-wine color =D Ted Baker has way better selection here in Europe compare to US, the color I got is not even available in there.

• Karen Yu January 4, 2017 at 6:16 pm

aweee… too bad the Ted Baker coat is already sold out. This post is pretty new right?

• BosMom January 4, 2017 at 7:53 pm

Can you do a "how to take great photos" post as well? Your pics has that nice tinge and very bright – do you increase exposure or do photo shop after? Would really appreciate it!

• Anonymous January 5, 2017 at 12:26 pm

Hey Jen, those Sam Edelman booties you have on, does the size run true to fit?

• Anonymous January 10, 2017 at 4:35 pm

This is fianlly a good post. Can you have posts with less c/o's? I feel that all the posts with c/o's are misleading because of course who wouldn't free clothes and commission?

• Jean January 11, 2017 at 2:24 pm

It's a user-to-user site like ebay so the items come from all over the place in various conditions, but what I like about Vestiaire is all products from sellers must pass through their authentication center before going to the buyer (where they also check to make sure the condition is accurately represented). I haven't found what I'm looking for on there yet, but have friends who made purchases from there and were pleased with their experience.

• Jean January 11, 2017 at 2:25 pm

Hi bosmom – I usually increase brightness afterwards in either Lightroom or Vsco on my phone (would highly recommend vsco, plus it's free!)

• Jean January 11, 2017 at 2:25 pm

Hi Stephanie – unfortunately I haven't found any. J.Crew might be the closest but they were all sold out early in the season. THere's been a real shortage of classic belted trench coats in lower price points!

• Jean January 11, 2017 at 2:26 pm

I saw the wine version and it's beautiful!

• Jean January 11, 2017 at 2:28 pm

Hi Karen, sadly they probably didn't have many of this particular style for sale in the US : / However I know most US stores stock plenty of their signature Aurore coat, which is cut very slim and similar to this but in a thinner wool material.

• Jean January 11, 2017 at 2:28 pm

Hi! Yes they feel true to size for me. I'm usually between a 5 and 5.5 and I took a 5 in these.

• Jean January 11, 2017 at 2:34 pm

I value the trust of readers and would not post items that I don't actually like, regardless of c/o or not. I have plenty of clothes and have no desire to accept gifted items that don't align with my standards. I turn down or send back the vast majority of c/o items and only keep and post the pieces that I love.

• Flapbunny January 14, 2017 at 11:49 pm

Hi Jean, love the coat! Just wanted to ask if yours is the wool version or cashmere blend? I see the Ted Baker website features the black as a wool cashmere blend but I could only find the wool version in my local store and was not sure if it would be warm. Thank you!