Winter in Paris // Ted Baker Wool Coat + Celine Box Bag

paris eiffel tower ted baker wool coat extra petite

Ted Baker coat sz 0, Madewell tee xxs, Celine bag (shop preowned)
Sam Edelman boots sz 5 (also sold here), J.Brand Alana jeans sz 24 (also sold here)

Bonjour from Paris! We took the train here for a brief visit before heading home for Christmas. Thank you guys for all the thoughtful and detailed London recommendations in the comments of my recent post! If you’re planning a visit, definitely check them out. I can’t wait to share a few pictures from there soon and more info about our lodging, as a few of you have asked.
paris ferris wheel jardin des tuileries
I always love the classic fashion in both Paris and London. This was my first time visiting during winter, and I noticed a lot fewer puffer jackets compared to the US and more tailored and sleek wool coats. Mostly in darker, neutral shades like black and navy, as well as black mixed with navy which inspired this casual look. While in London, Nick wanted to pop into one of the myriad of Ted Baker stores and I was happy to oblige. He likes that their pieces have timeless silhouettes and just a touch of whimsy, like an unexpected print lining or piping. I ended up trying on several pieces as well, and found a coat that I really loved!

paris eiffel tower celine box bag navy small
Unfortunately it was one of their pricier coat options (however with current exchange rates, Ted in the UK is about 25% less than in the US, so definitely stop by if you’re a fan of the brand and visiting) but it was also the thickest and warmest in a bouclé-textured 100% wool, plus with a gorgeous floral lining and rose gold metal accents. The collar can also be worn two ways – folded down as a wide lapel like how I’m wearing it, or buttoned up across the chest which lends an elegant, military-inspired look.
ted baker london navy wool wrap coat extra petite
Fit-wise, I have a few other pieces from the brand and always mentioned that their items run narrow but are typically cut for a taller figure. With my two dresses (see here and here) I have a size 0 and had them taken up by the shoulders. For this coat, a size 0 is a little longer on me which I don’t mind, so the only adjustment needed will be shortening the sleeves (I have them folded under 1 inch). I did snap fitting room photos of their other more signature coat styles and will post in a bit.
paris outfit winter fashion navy coat extra petite
As you can see I did a bit of shopping already in Paris – no surprises there! I’ve been taking lots of notes about my experiences (and the price differences) and can’t wait to share about them soon in a Paris shopping roundup!

66 thoughts on “Winter in Paris // Ted Baker Wool Coat + Celine Box Bag

• Aadit Advik December 24, 2016 at 7:18 am

That coat is beautiful.I like it.

• Unknown December 24, 2016 at 4:52 pm

Is Vestiaire a trusted website? All authentic?

• Stephanie V. Manzo December 27, 2016 at 8:29 am

Hi! Just wondering if you know if there's a less expensive version for your Burberry coat?

• Betty January 4, 2017 at 5:35 pm

Hi! What a coincidence! I just bought the same coat from Ted Baker in Berlin but in the red-wine color =D Ted Baker has way better selection here in Europe compare to US, the color I got is not even available in there.

• Karen Yu January 4, 2017 at 6:16 pm

aweee… too bad the Ted Baker coat is already sold out. This post is pretty new right?

• BosMom January 4, 2017 at 7:53 pm

Can you do a "how to take great photos" post as well? Your pics has that nice tinge and very bright – do you increase exposure or do photo shop after? Would really appreciate it!

• Anonymous January 5, 2017 at 12:26 pm

Hey Jen, those Sam Edelman booties you have on, does the size run true to fit?

• Anonymous January 10, 2017 at 4:35 pm

This is fianlly a good post. Can you have posts with less c/o's? I feel that all the posts with c/o's are misleading because of course who wouldn't free clothes and commission?

• Jean January 11, 2017 at 2:24 pm

It's a user-to-user site like ebay so the items come from all over the place in various conditions, but what I like about Vestiaire is all products from sellers must pass through their authentication center before going to the buyer (where they also check to make sure the condition is accurately represented). I haven't found what I'm looking for on there yet, but have friends who made purchases from there and were pleased with their experience.

• Jean January 11, 2017 at 2:25 pm

Hi bosmom – I usually increase brightness afterwards in either Lightroom or Vsco on my phone (would highly recommend vsco, plus it's free!)

• Jean January 11, 2017 at 2:25 pm

Hi Stephanie – unfortunately I haven't found any. J.Crew might be the closest but they were all sold out early in the season. THere's been a real shortage of classic belted trench coats in lower price points!

• Jean January 11, 2017 at 2:26 pm

I saw the wine version and it's beautiful!

• Jean January 11, 2017 at 2:28 pm

Hi Karen, sadly they probably didn't have many of this particular style for sale in the US : / However I know most US stores stock plenty of their signature Aurore coat, which is cut very slim and similar to this but in a thinner wool material.

• Jean January 11, 2017 at 2:28 pm

Hi! Yes they feel true to size for me. I'm usually between a 5 and 5.5 and I took a 5 in these.

• Jean January 11, 2017 at 2:34 pm

I value the trust of readers and would not post items that I don't actually like, regardless of c/o or not. I have plenty of clothes and have no desire to accept gifted items that don't align with my standards. I turn down or send back the vast majority of c/o items and only keep and post the pieces that I love.

• Flapbunny January 14, 2017 at 11:49 pm

Hi Jean, love the coat! Just wanted to ask if yours is the wool version or cashmere blend? I see the Ted Baker website features the black as a wool cashmere blend but I could only find the wool version in my local store and was not sure if it would be warm. Thank you!