Spring wedding wear: floral +gold at the Boston Harbor

ted baker floral dress

Me: Ted Baker dress (past season – similar here or here), Kate Spade pumps (similar on sale)
Nick: Theory suit, H&M; shirt, Zara tie, Cole Haan shoes

We snapped these photos during our friends’ beautiful wedding at the Boston harbor hotel. The weather was breezy with sailboats and yachts alike floating around the harbor (unfortunately invisible in the white mass behind us) – made for a perfect backdrop while sipping on chowder and munching on mini lobster rolls!
ted baker floral dress1
I bought this “Torella / Fourtys Bloom” dress at the end of winter and unfortunately could not find it left anywhere at the time to share about. Ted Baker does have some gorgeous printed dresses out again this season, in similar flattering silhouettes. Since their line is designed for regular-height ladies, I had my tailor perform the same alteration (raising by the shoulders) that was done for my TB dress in this post. This dress is intended to be shorter, but I couldn’t bear to trim off any of the vibrant floral print!ted baker floral dress4
A few snapshots of my gorgeous friends on their special day!liz wedding

Their photographer had a stream of photos taken earlier in the evening playing on slide shows during the reception. Their assistant was editing them pretty much live so that guests could enjoy, which I thought was pretty neat! I’ve had other friends wait weeks if not over a year for their wedding photos…liz wedding1Below – this belt was a little long despite the one-loop tuck, but a pretzel knot did the trick.

ted baker floral dress2
I am surprised to report that these KS Licorice pumps (with a heel cushion inside to prevent ankle chafing) lasted a full 10 hours…given, a portion of that time was spent sitting but there was cobblestone walks and dancing aplenty! I wish they’d make this color again as I know several of you were interested in the darker bronze. A reader did kindly share that she found these Ivanka Trump pumps (in gold leather, on sale) to be one of the more similar options available.
ted baker floral dress3

56 thoughts on “Spring wedding wear: floral +gold at the Boston Harbor

• Anonymous June 10, 2014 at 10:13 pm

Hi Jean, I love this look! Where did you get your gold clutch? I've been looking for a cute clutch like it!

• Anonymous June 13, 2014 at 3:54 pm

Did you wear a jacket with the dress? I have a wedding to attend the end of this month, I am curious if it gets cold and what will you wear with the dress? cardigan, blazer or trench coat? Thanks, Jean! You are beautiful in whatever you wear all the time. Congrats on the engagement! I can't wait to see you in your wedding dress. 🙂

• Melanie Crd June 17, 2014 at 1:41 pm

That dress is so pretty! You look amazing 🙂

Melanie ♥ http://www.outofstandards.blogspot.fr

• kevin@long island party venues June 23, 2014 at 6:19 am

Wow! what an amazing pictures. I never thought about these idea of a wedding growing up like this. This dress looks so stylish, looks outstanding. Thanks for sharing this post.

• Hyerim July 15, 2014 at 10:02 am

DVF's Bethany pump in New Gold looks really similar, too. Great fit, and better toe cleavage, too! 🙂

• Anonymous August 27, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Hi, Jean… I just came across a Brazilian designer's website and that reminded of you and the pretty floral dress in this post. Not much info in the website though… they have both Portuguese and English version but a lack of info in prices and online shopping… I wrote an e-mail asking for more info…. just want to share with you…. incredible fabrics and color…. I'm in love with some fit and flare dresses, drop waist dresses and a cut-out top…. here the link and I hope you can at list go through the pics. I wasn't sure where to share the link with you… hope its ok to post here: http://www.mabelmagalhaes.com.br/new/gallery.php#65
    (Fernanda, Newport RI) 😉